FM10 - Official Gateshead Thread - We're going Pro!

SeanH91

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice one, we only managed a draw in our opening world cup game against Mexico. For some reason half my players were exhausted after about an hour. Maybe it's because of the temperature, it's being held in Brazil. Never encountered heat exhaustion before.

I have spent ages looking at u19 players from around the World. I have put some bids in for players from some strange countries like Thailand, Egypt, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Bahrain, Romania, Israel, China, Congo, UAE, Ecuador, Albana.

I have been busy looking at youngsters in this January window and i have signed four regens with good potential according to my scouts. The transfer window is only a few days old and i have put bids in for about 50 players some are awaiting work permits and others are in contract talks with me.

Meet some of my young regens. I will post more of the better quality regens if and when they sign for us.

250p1ma.jpg

33cq2rt.jpg

34qs853.jpg

1418t4y.jpg

That's just confirmed it JonnyG, you're clearly insane! ;)

I haven't had much time to play lately either, hopefully I can get some quality time in later on tonight.

I've got Romelu Lukaku coming on a free, looks to be a top class young target man. The regens are looking limited so far, need that bigger database.

I've got Romelu Lukaku coming on a free, looks to be a top class young target man. The regens are looking limited so far, need that bigger database.

Romelu Lukaku will be a top quality signing he turns into a beast on most saves ;)

Excellent.

We lost out in the World Cup semi-final, against Paraguay...I know. Paraguay. 2-0. We utterly dominated but just couldn't put away our chances. Both John Terry and Wayne Rooney, probably England's two best players had terrible competitions. Rooney averaged 6.02 and provided no goals and no assists as the 1 in a 451 (he was flying in qualification). Terry often scored under 6. We then lost on penalties against Portugal despite having 8 CCCsto 0. Looks like my job is secure strangely, not sure I want to continue though, we've got another easy qualifying group for the Euros mind.

Still in july, I've signed Nelson Rivas at centre half for £5M plus Leroy Fer and Solfiane Feghouli on frees. I think Rivas will go straight into the first team to replace Zayatte who's ok but not great. The other two are back up although Feghouli could develop into a first teamer. My Ass Man reckons we're weakest up front and recommends we sign Adebayor. Why didn't I think of that?

Just signed Rene Adler on a free as well, no competition at all, plus I was gnat's chuff away from getting Nani, but of course AC Milan came in for him at the last moment.

D'you think the narrow pitch dimensions at the International Stadium means it's best to play narrow formations with little width or the reverse since putting players out wide will give the central midfielders more room to work, can't decide.

England have to wait another four years then for the World Cup Paul :(

As you know i am Rene Adler's biggest fan on this game he is the best goalkeeper in my opinion :thup:

I am also a big fan of Feghouli as he can play all across the midfield but his best position is either advanced playmaker or inside forward on the wings.

It depends on what formation you are going to play really. If your playing with no wingers then i would go narrow but if you are playing wingers/inside forwards i would go with the biggest pitch possible to give them room to work with.

Sod england! The team played rubbish for me and were lucky to get as far as they did, needing extra time to squeak past the might of Wales and Belgium en route.

Yeah Adler looks great, never had him though. I can't believe he was just idling on a free with no takers...what was that all about? He's only 29. Wasn't sure how good Feghouli would be, he'll start on the bench depending on my formation.

But the maximum pitch size is still narrow according to the groundsperson, I don't think you can change that no matter how big you try to make it.

I have just seen a goalkeeper scoring on fm for the first time. The Plymouth keeper took a free kick about 15 yards outside his own box and my keeper misjudged the flight of the ball and it went over his head and into the empty net :o

Here is the highlight of the goal.

http://www.filefront.com/16523785/Felix%20Marien%20%28Plymouth%20keeper%29%20scores%20goal%20Plymouth%20v%20Gateshead.pkm

It was the reserves apart from my forward Jesse Franjic and my goalkeeper Matej Delac :o

In his description Matej Delac has commanding goalkeeper :eek: and his reputation is Worldwide :o

I have been playing 4-1-2-3 this season but we only have a handful of games left this season and i am looking at playing a new formation don't know what yet though.

I have just got Brescia as a feeder club so i now have Serie B and the SPL (Dundee Utd) to send my youngsters on loan).

GATESHEAD END OF SEASON 7 REVIEW

In another great season Gateshead win six trophies.

We finished top of the Premier League with 91 points.

We beat Inter Milan 2-1 in the Champions League final.

We beat Palermo 5-1 in the European Super cup.

We beat Chivas 1-0 in the World Club cup final.

We beat Arsenal 3-1 in the Carling Cup final.

We beat Chelsea 2-1 in the Community Shield.

We lost in the FA cup quater finals to Wolves 3-1 fielding a team of reserves.

The stars this season.

Arthur Solovadchenko.

Jesse Franjic.

Oren Azulay.

Abel.

heedsquadendofseason7pa.jpg

heed1stineplleaguetable.jpg

I want to play 433 but I'm not sure it suits my squad, I'm strongest in midfield, probably center midfield but I've now got some decent wing men as well. I'll most likely need another striker to play a top class 3 up front. I'm not sure Lukaku, Kleber and Yilmaz are up to it and my backup regens are still to come to fruition. I suppose I've got Obeidat, di Santo and another regen Pedrao who could play a few games at a pinch.

I also like 451 but I've not had that much success with it, it might work better with Lukaku as the lone front man, Kleber didn't really work.

We have signed far to many good players so far in pre season that won't get into the first eleven that we are going to have some unhappy players in the dressing room in a few months time.

So far some of the palyers we have signed are Pato, Alberto Paloschi, Sergio Canales, Miguel Veloso, Mesut Ozil and some really good young regens.

We will have to play either the 4-3-3 or 4-1-2-3 again as we have loads of World class forwards.

I hate it when you've got great players not even getting on the bench, it seems such a waste. I've just signed a 33 year old Arshavin on a free and I doubt he'll get many games, plus I'm lobbying Adebayor again. I also managed to get Danny, 30 year old Portugese AMRLC and another former target Kwadwo Asamoah who cost me a fair bit. I'm trying to get Zezinho from Santos as well.

I can probably get Adebayor for around £10M but he's 30 so I'll only get a couple of seasons out of him at most, but then again I'll probably quit this game if we win the title/ Champions League this season.

Can you recommend anyone to go for above Adebayor, who'd get in the team ahead of the likes of Lukaku, Kleber and Yilmaz? I was looking again at Yannick Djalo. Paloschi looks amazing but I'll never get him, he's at Man City.

Can you recommend anyone to go for above Adebayor, who'd get in the team ahead of the likes of Lukaku, Kleber and Yilmaz? I was looking again at Yannick Djalo. Paloschi looks amazing but I'll never get him, he's at Man City.

It depends on how much transfer funds you have and what type of forward you want.

Yannick Djalo, Neymar, Danny Welbeck, Nathan Delfouneso, Keirrison, Jozy Altidore are great fast strikers.

Marqunihos, Carlos Vela, Nikao, Giuseppe Rossi, Luis Suarez, Mauro Zarate, Guilherme are great creative forwards.

Hulk, Lacina Traore, Edinson Cavani, Abel Hernandez, Eren Derdiyok, Oscar Cardozo are great targetmen.

Right thanks, I'll see how many (or more likely how few) of those are interested in joining the Gateshead revolution, and how many I can afford in terms of both fee and wages.

I guess Lukaku & Di Santo would be targetmen, Kleber a creative forward and Yilmaz,Obeidat & Pedrao are fast strikers. Another creative forward would be useful, preferably one who is younger and better than Kleber. Marko Marin isn't really good enough to play that creative forward role although if I can get Zezinho he could probably play there although he'd be wasted anywhere else but left wing.

I still haven't bought another striker but we had a good 1-0 victory in the Community Shield against the champions Man City (who brought on Paloschi as a sub!). They've got a great side and will probably win the title again if we can't stop them. I played a 433 system and it worked pretty well, we didn't create too much but stopped them creating anything really.

I've just blown my budget on the only one of those creative forwards who were both relatively affordable and willing to join.

Giuseppe Rossi.

I'm playing him in the Kleber role, deep lying forward attack but he looks much better suited to it. I could play him as a trequartista or an advanced forward, or even a poacher and he'd do a good job I think. So now we have have Lukaku, Rossi and Yilmaz/Kleber up front and I'm very happy with it on paper.

We've had a good start to the season too played 5 won 5. Although it's been a relatively east start.

Thats a very good front three :thup:

I have not had time to play FM much this week but i have some time today to play.

I am going to try playing the Brazilian Box formation as the 4-3-3/4-1-2-3 is making the game to easy.

Yeah after reading about your last signings you look to have a good portion of the best players in the game. What's your best team for 433? Or whatever you're playing.

Asamoah makes a fantastic box to box midfielder, he's just rated back to back 9.2s. My 433 is as follows, quite a few regens but I've posted most of them:

GK Adler

RB Ceccarelli (RG)

LB Quintero (LB)

DC Nelson Rivas

DC Arenas (RG)

MC Mullen (RG) Advanded Playmaker Attack

MC Luis Miguel Morales (RG) Deep Lying Playmaker Support

MC Asamoah Box to Box Support

ST Yilmaz (RG) Advanced Forward

ST Lukaku Complete Forward Attack

ST Rossi Deep Lying Forward Support

I'm thinking this side should be able to challenge Man City for the title, they've probably got better players overall (Paloschi, Tevez, Weiss, Ribery, Modric, Hazard are better than any of my players save maybe Adler). Yeah, maybe 2nd place would be a triumph.

That team should be challenge for the title at the very least.

Have you reduced the longshots to sometimes/rarely on your box to box midfielder ?

My best team is.

GK Matej Delac/Gaston Rodriguez (regen)

RB Juan Carlos Zepeda/Adam Ward (both regens) Wingback attack.

LB Imre Kun (regen) Wingback attack

CB Abel (regen)

CB Erez Hason (regen)

DMC Miguel Veloso/ Luke Mcdermott (regen) Defensive Midfield Defend/Deep Lying Playmaker Defend.

DMC Juan Jose Navarro (regen) Defensive Midfield Support/Deep Lying Playmaker Support.

AMC Sergio Canales Advanced Midfield Attack/Trequarista

AMC Mehut Ozil Advanced Midfield Attack/Trequarista

ST Arthur Solovadchenko (regen)/Pato/Jurijs Bogdanovs (regen) Poacher

ST Oren Azulay (regen)/Alberto Paloschi/Jesse Franjic (regen) Complete Forward Attack.

Yeah sometimes, he's got 16 for long shots so he might get a few.

My scout reckons Veloso is better than our strongest defensive midfielder (Morales) but it'd cost me £22M to get him.

Paloschi is better than our best striker (Lukaku) & Pato is a lot better, Canales & Ozil are a lot better than our best attacking midfielder (Mullen). None of this lot have any interest in joining us anyway.

Got you trumped on the goalkeepers though, well unless Rodriguez is better than Delac. My scout reckons Delac isn't far from Adler's standard.

That's some team though, if the regens are of similar quality.

I posted the majority of my my regens already if not all of them but Arthur Solovadchenko is the best regen i have ever seen.

Paloschi and Pato aren't getting into my team and are starting to get unhappy so i think i'll probably end up selling them :(

Adler is probably in the top three keepers in the game along with Hugo Lloris and Igor Akinfeev. Gaston Rodriguez is only 20 but has already got 4 caps for Argentina so hopefully he will develop into a World class keeper.

We have finally managed to get rid of some players that have been rotting in the reserves for 2-3 years and also as expected we have had to sell Pato to Inter Milan as he wasn't getting into the team and when he did get the chance to play he was poor.

We have only signed two young regens so far in the January transfer window a 18 year old Brazilian left back for £1.5m and a 21 year old Chinese centre back for £5m.

The Premier league is looking like a two horse race this season between us and Man City.

1st Gateshead pl 20, won 16, drn 4, lst 0, for 41, ag 9, gd +32, pts 52.

2nd Man City pl 22, won 15, drn 7, lst 0, for 37, ag 13, gd +24, pts 52.

As you can see we can't shake off Man City who are putting up one hell of a fight to try and regain the title they won two seasons ago.

Selling Pato voluntarily is just a crime...

We lost our invulnerable sheen away to Spurs 1-0. We dominated the chances but were pretty poor. We've drawn our opening two Champions League games, home to Stuttgart when I think I gave the wrong half-time teamtalk because we were 2-0 down and sinking fast afer two second half goals. Happily we turned it around late on after a triple substitution panic. We then drew away to Genoa who are bizarrely Serie A champions, so a pretty credible result I think.

We're still top of the league but Liverpool are 2nd on the same points with a game in hand (home to Sunderland) so they'll most likely go top soon. They've won 6 out of 6 so far. An unexpected challenger maybe. Man City are only 9th. Early doors though as they say.

6 or 7th choice, he'd be far and away my no 1!

Yep still the same players and system, I swear how we perform depends more on the teamtalk than anything else!

I'm considering swapping Kleber for Yilmaz though, the latter isn't really doing the business. He has 3 goals in 7 but he's averaging only 6.77 and has no assists. Maybe I'm doing him a disservice playing him as an advanced forward, he is an AM/F C but he's really quick and has 18 for crossing. His only real weakness is stamina and strength, and maybe aggression. Well you can see him posted above.

Nice find, he could turn out to be amazing.

Having just lost to N.Ireland in the Euro qualifiers I felt I'd reached the nadir of the season and so it proved when we subsequently beat Man U away. Different teams and players of course but there's a common theme. Motivation.

How can the same bunch of players lose to Spurs and Villa and beat Man City and Man Utd within a matter of a couple of weeks. It can only make sense from the point of view of either motivational issues or some tactical discrepancy.

We're actually not creating loads of CCCs even when we play well. We beat Huddersfield 6-0 and only had 2 CCCs to 1. So it might not be entirely due to motivation and could be something tactical. I do think think it's teamtalks chiefly. I told them they could win against Man U and they played great, I said I think for the fans against both Spurs and Aston Villa (and N.Ireland) and we were rubbish. Maybe I should just say nothing and see how that works, although I'm loathe to be so hands off like that.

Archived