Thomas Hitzlsperger: yay or nay?

Being a Villa fan, I'm aware of what Hitzlsperger was capable of before he left on a free and signed for Stuttgart, EG long-range piledrivers icon_biggrin.gif Now 2 seasons into my Villa game, I'm considering bringing him back to the club. Had an offer of £15m accepted at the start of season 2009/10, but this was surely over-inflated due to his importance to Stuttgart, so i didn't go ahead with this. Another reason why the price appeared to be over-inflated was because Hamburg bid £6.5m, which was rejected.

I'm sure that if the transfer fee was agreed he'd probably sign, although some players can really mess you around by being "extremely interested" according to your scouts, until you offer them a contract with key role and see them turn their back on you icon_mad.gif

Hitzlsperger would do a job for my team, but saying that my midfield is hardly the weakest as it stands. Still got Barry in the centre with Fernando as the fulltime holding player, and also play Cristiano Zanetti in the centre alongside Barry. In terms of attacking midfielders, I can choose between Julio Alvarez, Sérgio Mota (he's more of an Ashley Young though tbh), John Bostock (17 at the moment), David Dunn, and hopefully Daniel Carvalho in a year and a half (had to move to affiliate for 3 years as he wasn't granted work permit), as well as Levan Kenia to come through. I play Agbonlahor and Young as attacking wingers that move into striking positions (with the use of farrows), utilising free roles for both of these wide positions, and that completes a staggered 4-1-2-2-1 formation.

So what do you reckon: does Tommy do the business in FM?

Archived