The Original FM2010 All-Ireland League Project

As we're not too sure of the limitations of the new Editor yet - all this is work in progress.

If this works correctly - then I shall be releasing a file which will allow the player to manage a club in an All-Ireland League. The structure of which will be as follows:

Setanta Cup - will become an expanded League Cup with all clubs in the League involved in group stages - leading to 2-legged knockouts and a final on a Neutral Venue.

FAI Cup - this will basically be an open draw, 1 leg games, replays enforced involving all clubs from the FAI and IFA in one big tournament.

Provincial Cups - the reinstatement of the Leinster Senior Cup, to go with the existing Munster Senior Cup. Separate Connacht and Ulster Cups will also be created involving all clubs from their geographical locations.

The League itself

Simple structure really:

Premier Division: 24 Clubs - 12 from the FAI, 12 from the IFA, playing each other home and away. Top two go into the Champions League, next however many go into the Europa League (basically taking the two nations UEFA Allocations and combining them) Bottom 4 are Relegated without any form of playoff with the First Division

First Division: 22 Clubs - 11 from the FAI, 11 from the IFA, once again playing each other home and away once. Top 3 are Promoted Automatically, Clubs in 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th playoff for the other Promotion place (as in the English League 1 and 2) Bottom 6 are relegated - to be split equally into the 2nd Division.

Second Division: 36 Clubs - 18 from the FAI, 18 from the IFA - split into two sub division of 18 teams (9 from each Association) Top 2 are Promoted Automatically from each Division, The 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th placed teams in each Division Play-off against each other for the one remaining Promotion spot in each division - meaning we get 6 Promoted Clubs in the end) There will be no relegation from the Second Divisions

Initial Structure of the Divisions

Premier Division:

(FAI Clubs) - Bohemians, Bray, Cork City, Derry City, Drogheda United, Galway, Shamrock Rovers, Sligo, St Pats, Shelbourne, Sporting Fingal, UCD

(IFA Clubs) - Ballymena, Cliftonville, Coleraine, Crusaders, Distillery, Dungannon, Glenavon, Glentoran, Institute, Linfield, Newry, Portadown

First Division:

(FAI Clubs) - Athlone Town, Dundalk, Finn Harps, Kildare, Kilkenny City, Limerick, Longford Town, Mervue, Monaghan, Waterford United, Wexford Youths

(IFA Clubs) - Ards, Armagh, Ballyclare, Bangor, Carrick, Donegal Celtic, Dundela, Larne, Limavady, Loughgall, Moyola Park

Second Division "A":

(FAI Clubs) - FC Carlow, Drumcondra, Mullingar Town, Tullamore Town, Home Farm, St James's Gate, St Francis, Avondale United, Castlebar Celtic

(IFA Clubs) - Ballymoney, Queens University, Lurgan Celtic, Wakehurst, PSNI, Knockbreda, Glebe, Chimney Corner, Banbridge

Second Division "B":

(FAI Clubs) - Malahide United, Tralee Dynamos, Fanad United, Wayside Celtic, Salthill Devon, Blarney United, Cobh Ramblers, Rockmount, Crumlin United (Dublin)

(IFA Clubs) - Ballinamallard, Killymoon, Annagh United, Tobermore Utd, Coagh, H&W Welders, Dergview, Portstewart, Sport & Leisure

If it works as it should - it should be pretty interesting!

I think, though I may be wrong, that there may be a few problems with this. I seem to recall that in one of the blogs it said you can't have multi-national leagues. This could be solved however by changing all the NI clubs to Irish clubs.

You may struggle with the European Qualifiers as again, I'm sure the blogs said that European Qualification criteria couldn't be edited.

I hope you find a way around this as it sounds an exciting project!

Aye - as yet I'm still to see a definite list of what can and cannot be accomplished in the new editor - looks like it'll have to be a trial and error thing on release day.

The question of merging nations shouldn't also be a problem - as I gather that as in FM09 - any Regens will be based on the location of the stadium - so you'd get local lads coming through in future years

Archived