Defensive Stability???

I have been playing the new FM2010 demo for a few days and i am loving the new tactic creator. But i am having a lot of trouble seting up the defense and as a result i am leeking alot of goals.

i am having no problem scoring.

TACTIC

tactici.th.jpg

TEAM INSTRUCTIONS

teaminstructionsg.th.jpg

I have conceded 16 goals in 11 games including a 3-4 loss to Man Utd and 4-5 win against Hull.

Most of the goals i have conceded have been away from home.

I already know that my tactic is far to attacking to be using away but i have no idea how to tighten the defense as this is the first time i have ever tried to create my own tactic.

I am playing as Arsenal and i am trying to play just like they do irl with a free flowing, high possesion, speed and great short passing.

You say that you want to play with 'Free Flowing, High Possession, Speed and Great Short Passing', yet you have entered a slow tempo ?:confused::confused:

Try speeding up the tempo and make sure that you have the 2 MCs Defending/Supporting, so they provide backup for the defense as your match mentality is Attacking.

I hadnt noticed that i had done that. I suppose it is because i alway associate possesion play with a slow build up.

do you think it might be worth dropping my defensive line if i use attcking full backs?

Personally:rolleyes:, I wouldn't , otherwise you will create a gap between both Defenders and Midfield, and then it will be hard for you to play 'possession football'.

Have a High Defensive line combined with Short passing. See how that works:thup:.

Cheers for your advise guys.

@ Cleon my defenders were on team instructions, so i reduced there creative freedom to see if it helps. I have also changed there duty to automatic as it was set to attack.

I am going to see how the team perfom in the next 5 matches:

Stoke

Fulham

Tottenham

Beskitas

Bolton.

Sagna picks up the ball just between the edge of his own 18yd box and the touchline around 10yds from his own goal line, he then sends a pass along the touchline to Walcott who was on the halfway line, Walcott goes hell for leather up the wing with Sagna right behind him and in the picture they have actually started to come back so Sagna at one point was level with their penalty area.....not bad for FB on Mentality 1, CR 1, a D-line of 1 and with NO forward runs or runs with ball. This has actually happened with Clichy on the left as well.

http://s613.photobucket.com/albums/tt211/RossoneriGunner/?action=view&current=Sagnaupfield.jpg

Archived