Steam

paulowen

I think I read on a post somewhere that if you purchase FM10 from STEAM that you will have the option of using the FM09 skin but not if you buy the game anywhere else.

Can someone just confirm for me if this is true and if so would you then be able to use background pictures using the FM09 skin?

Cheers

I believe that't the case. I think you get the steam exclusive skin (FM09 style) by activating through steam too, you don't need to specifically buy it through them.

As for background pictures, I don't know, though I'd presume it would be a fairly direct port of the FM09 skin.

I believe that't the case. I think you get the steam exclusive skin (FM09 style) by activating through steam too, you don't need to specifically buy it through them.

As for background pictures, I don't know, though I'd presume it would be a fairly direct port of the FM09 skin.

I'm not that familiar with steam, when you say you only have to activate it through steam but not specifically buy it through them. How would you activate it through steam if you buy the game elsewhere?

Steam is a free client through which you can buy and download games. Certain off the shelf games such as Football Manager allow you to install through steam. You need an internet connection in order to activate the game. Once installed you can play without the dvd as the game is tied into your steam account.

Steam is a free client through which you can buy and download games. Certain off the shelf games such as Football Manager allow you to install through steam. You need an internet connection in order to activate the game. Once installed you can play without the dvd as the game is tied into your steam account.

So for example if I purchase the game from play.com but activate it through steam the FM09 skin will then be available in the game?

So for example if I purchase the game from play.com but activate it through steam the FM09 skin will then be available in the game?

I believe so, not that I'll be stepping back to it.

I had ordered from Xavvi until the postal strike made it clear there would be no deliveries for most of this weekend or next.

I'd have installed from the DVD on each of my machines but activated through Steam allowing me to avoid using the disc every time I switch machines.

Now I'll simply download from Steam onto each machine.

Either way, as long as Steam is used for activation rather than putting the disc in every time, you'll get the skin.

I believe so, not that I'll be stepping back to it.

I had ordered from Xavvi until the postal strike made it clear there would be no deliveries for most of this weekend or next.

I'd have installed from the DVD on each of my machines but activated through Steam allowing me to avoid using the disc every time I switch machines.

Now I'll simply download from Steam onto each machine.

Either way, as long as Steam is used for activation rather than putting the disc in every time, you'll get the skin.

I know with the FM09 skin that we'll be able to have background pics, but what about the stadium backgrounds on matchdays will they be able to be used aswell?

Archived