The Scottish Pyramid, Platinum Edition

Cadijk van Kaarhandel

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What did you set your own reputation to when you started the game?

I cant remember, however to be honest I usually set it to International which would explain the interest from higher rep clubs. Interesting as I hadnt considered that. Good call Cadijk.

Wellarmy, Check out Post 2 of this thread here...............

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=152004

I would like to my hat off to Cadijk van Karrhandel for his work on Scottish and i think it is awesome. I'm on Stonehaven and in season 3 at Division 1 North.

How you getting on at Stoney? Is that the league they started in? Close to getting into Championship at all?

I love it how easy it is to download these and that, so much credit to you Cadjik, a lot of time and effort has clearly went into it.

Sending it on holiday overnight to see what crops up in future years, should get 10-15 seasons done overnight. :)

Wellarmy, Check out Post 2 of this thread here...............

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=152004

How you getting on at Stoney? Is that the league they started in? Close to getting into Championship at all?

No, The Hive start at Junior North-East Division, champion then got promoted from Div 2 North. Now strongly contender for Championship.

Cad, would be happy to try and do some extra work for the database.

Know a few lads and could go about getting player names for a number of sides in the lower tiers.

Could edit them for my own game but if you would like squad lists mailed for your own work i'd be more than happy to.

That would be good, something i'd considered but never got round to.

cmonthelowknow (author of Scottish non-league thread) has got an excellent website with player details

http://nonleaguescotland.co.uk/

Maybe we could co-ordinate a joint effort to create .xml files for these player updates, would then be possible for any database to use them?

if you guys can do it then would definately be a great addition to the "edition", had a quick look at certain teams and a few recognisable names in there so presume they are still in the game and just need tweaking rather than all of them being added as new.

Aye, it certainly would be. Just thinking of the mechanics of creating it. Maybe we could get 6 (or so) volunteers to work on a league? Just load the default database into the editor, create the missing players for your choosen league, and then save it as, for example, highlandleague.xml.

Would that work? Any edition could then choose to have those players/xml files loaded.

Using the v5 version, in the super cup final I went 1-0 up but they immediately levelled at 1-1 and was told that they hold the advantage on away goals. The game finished with me getting pumped 4-1 so I don't know what would have happened if the game would have finished 1-1. Would they really have won on away goals despite it being a neutral venue? Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks for the feedback Bob. Not something I’d noticed as I’ve been playing in the SPL1. I didn’t do anything at all to any club’s finances so its an “FM2010” thing.

Agree that its unrealistic to have small clubs on £0.5m debt, so something needs tweaked.

What does everyone think should be done to eradicate the debt? There’s a multitude of options for finances, both competition-specific and individual club-specific.

Just wondering what people think a good (and realistic) fix would be? I don’t want to go offering £100k TV money to the lowest rep’d leagues, maybe its something like ticket-pricing that needs looked at? However, I’ve seen clubs get crowds of 11 so that might not be too effective.

Hey Cad, been away for a while playing cod2, in terms of the fix for the finances I would recommend going through each team within the system and increasing their maximum attendance. For example – Kilmarnock are set to a maximum attendance of 15000, which I always change to 22,000 (solely based on the 1997 Scottish Cup)

Some people don’t think that this is realistic, however in order for a team like Kilmarnock to achieve these kind of attendances they would need to basically win the spl 2 or 3 years in a row, which I am sure would see Kilmarnock’s attendances increase in real life.

To counter, this I would put attendance down in the first instance, so it takes longer for them to achieve these kind of attendances…

I believe there is 3 bits in the editor for attendance

Example for Killie would be:

Max 22,000

Average* 4,500

Actual* 3,500

(*I may be wrong as I am not near the editor)

The maximum attendance is the most important thing and should be increased for all clubs, as if Kilmarnock got a big tie in Europe or a junior club against an old firm club they would probably sell out, however in the game if the maximum attendance is not high - it won’t.

Another example would be Auchinleck Talbot, they took around 3,000 + to the Scottish junior club final against Bathgate a few years ago, and I am pretty sure that talbots max attendance in the game wouldn’t be anywhere near 1,000.

I was at the Irvine Meadow Scottish Cup game at the weekend against Arbroath and the attendance there was 1,100 - 90 of which were Arbroath fans, again I am pretty sure Meadow wouldn’t get this kind of attendance in the game.

It is important to remember that these small teams wouldn’t start getting massive attendances straight away but they would grow based on success, so to enable overall better finances the max attendances of each club need to be looked at..... an increased where appropriate.

Hope this makes sense…

Aye, I think the settings are Maximum, Average, and Minimum attendance.

Obviously, it would need to be a real big game to get maximum, so its not something that would happen very often for the lowest clubs.

I suspect some of the Junior clubs don’t have anything set in those parameters because 11 seems to be a common attendance. And that’s quite obviously nonsense, Sunday morning pub leagues get more than 11.

Obviously, it would need to be a real big game to get maximum, so its not something that would happen very often for the lowest clubs.

I suspect some of the Junior clubs don’t have anything set in those parameters because 11 seems to be a common attendance. And that’s quite obviously nonsense, Sunday morning pub leagues get more than 11.

That's it max,average and minimum.

I take your point about it needing to be a real big game, however if you take another example Ayr Utd's max is set to around 6,000 - therefore whenplayed Kilmarnock at home they don't get over 6,500 which imo is wrong as the Scottish Cup tie last year was a sell out at 9,500.

In theory you could have a team like Ayr progress to winning the spl and only having 5,000 home fans, which realistically would be wrong.

11 is the lowest attendance FM10 can cope with afaik. I've certainly seen nothing lower. And it will be paying attendance. People don't pay to watch sunday league, and many Junior games will have 20 odd at them but barely 5 will have paid in in some cases, the rest being committee, non used players and pals of players.

Finally had time to start this game so ive went the mighty tic,played a few league games and my euro qualifiers so i now have a build up of super cup games and no time for rest!!!

sat 12 sept inverness spl

sun 13 sept east fife ssc

mon 14 sept falfirk ssc

tue 15 sept falkirk ssc

thus 17 sept hesingborg el

sat 19 sept partick thistle spl

Seems a great edit but is there a known issue with fixture pile ups????

Hmmm, thats a bit hectic. What version you using? The latest one?

Using V6

I think thats the only month were the fixtures will pile up because of the SSC group stages and it will only be a problem for the teams who have to play qualifiers in europe

Being celtic i had a big enough squad to rotate so i could bring in younger or reserve players to play against east fife,airdrie etc

In october now and im loving it,i usually edit celtic and rangers in the prem in previous fm but this is more realistic:D

Are Rockall in yer set up? Tricky away tie at their gaff.

Heh, Rockall and St. Kilda didnae make it, but I'm not 100% sure every side in my Outer Hebrides (Western Isles, Orkney & Shetland) division has a population (Shapinsay??). I have an Argyll & Bute division ços my family are from Rothesay and the wee barren island of Inchmarnock is in. :)

None of these sides will ever get promoted - just a bit of in-joke fun at the bottom that won't impact on the wider world.

Anyone else still playing this?

I’ve completed Seven Seasons with Aberdeen and have finally wrestled the SPL1 from the clutches of the Old Firm.

Still haven’t seen any of the non-league clubs make it as far as the top division, although a few have made it to (and survived in) the SPL2.

Would be interested to hear if anyone has seen any lower clubs in the SPL1 or even better has taken any of them to that level.

Bob you could change the Cup if you wanted to. I'm not going to do it but you could have a fiddle in the editor for your own game.

I'm happy to let the big guns enter at that stage. Gives the small clubs a crack at giant-killing, and if you're playing as a bigger club it gives you a chance to stick your reserves/youths in your first team for a game or two.

Archived