• Last Reply
Fire away, what you planning?

#Removed Reserve/Youth Teams so B teams work if you go an SPL Club

#Changed Discipline to 4,7,9,11 etc

#TV Games now Sat & Sun at 12:30 for SPL1, 1945 Friday for SPL2

#Scottish Cup - SPL 2 teams come in at round 4, SPL 1 at round 5

#Altered prize money for SPL

#SSC now plays through to a conclusion in July and August

B teams do work if you go SPL. I've only ever heard of Rangers not working in some people's games. The fix is further up the thread. Its pretty good having your Bs, they play in the Championship North or South, and it helps keep non-first team players happy - they seem content to play at that level so it helps your squad's harmony.

How much cash you giving for the SPL?

B teams do work if you go SPL. I've only ever heard of Rangers not working in some people's games. The fix is further up the thread. Its pretty good having your Bs, they play in the Championship North or South, and it helps keep non-first team players happy - they seem content to play at that level so it helps your squad's harmony.

I tried that but it's a lot of faffing about and I prefer my way where they are your reserves rather than a separate linked club. (That's not a criticism of you by the way - I'm really glad for all the hard work you have done on this).

How much cash you giving for the SPL?
Upped prize money to 1.5 million for winners and the rest works down from there, nothing dramatic.

I meant to say with my fix I still have a B team but they are effectively my Reserves not a separate affiliated Club so I can manage them, freely swap players between the sides etc. Just doing a 20 year soak test then should be ready to roll.

I've been playing on my own version with B teams in the lower leagues - but I've decided to restart with them removed. The reason being that the B teams are miles better than the other teams in the league, so they always take the top 3 positions at the end of the season.

I know you can set the league rules so that they cannot be promoted, but it makes that particular division a bit of a waste in my opinion. Reason being that I've often had a team that finished halfway down the table being promoted via the playoff as a result.

Latest version: v6 - 7th Nov 2009
Here's my take on the concept -

#Scottish Super Cup is played to a finish in July & August giving early competitive games for those involved in Europe.

#Scottish Super Cup allows 7 subs to be used, in case the bigger clubs want to use it as practice for the whole squad.

#SPL starts early September after the International week. If needed you can rest players who have been at the World Cup / Euro Championships and not have it affect your League record.

#No play-offs as the Editor only allows one game matches which seems a bit unfair (not even seeded!).

#SPL clubs join Scottish Cup in later rounds.

#Increased prize money for SPL and shared a little bit of TV money right down to the Juniors.

http://www.churchwebsupport.org.uk/files/scottish_asm.xml

==========================

Updated to resolve B teams issue with 10.2:-

http://www.churchwebsupport.org/file...tish_asmv2.xml

==========================

Additional Resources - on my Server in case anyone has issues with the originals

Logos with repaired config

Club Logos

Competion logos

Competion Logos

Looks immense, just started a game unemployed and I'm going for the position at my local team - Maryhill. Well done in advance! The only other thing I think might aid the game IRL is summer football/winter break - but that would be to ease up the fixture list (no games postponed) and the attendance at games which I suppose doesn't really factor in to a game of FM.

Compliments to the maker of this db!! only issue is that it crashes before I can load it up.

"Highland Spring Scottish Cup- Too many teams (18) requested from Irn-Bru Second Division 2(South) (9 teams)"???

Any ideas how to change this?

Cheers in advance

Ok man cheers. Ran into some difficulity with your db deep64blue. I made some slight changes to the db, just prize money for SPL and its coming up with the Scottish Cup issue again. Just to clarify I never edited anything to do with the Scottish Cup.

The original db is fine but my edited one just will not load, any ideas?

Very strange though especially as your original one works fine. Ah well I'll have to have a play around with it, save it step by step and see if I can find the error. Great db by the way!!
It's the B teams - they have screwed up, for each of the current RL SPL teams you need to go to their record and specify the League for the B teams.

It looks like the db is uneditable!! I changed one little thing then saved it and tried to load the game and bam the same cup issue. Tried it with a few other sneaky edits here and there and still the same issue. I think you are right, the new patch means that you can't edit this db. Looks like I am going to have to start from scratch. Cheers anyway deep64blue!!

Yes seems ok so far......

Just editing a few things but saving it step by step so I will let you know if any issues arise. Cheers for doing that update so quick man, much appreciated!!

No problem. Are you planning to change much? The last version I posted had a few other changes I forgot I had made - mainly the HBOS Super Cup begins at the end of June and runs on Saturdays through August, it's basically a Summer cup thing. The Leagues all start at the beginning of September after the Internationals. The SPL1 is on Sunday, everybody else on a Saturday - makes it easier if you manage your B team! TV is now Friday night Championship, Sat / Sun SPL1, Mon night SPL2.

No not alot, just increase the prize money and reputation of SPL. Like to try and turn it into the powerhouse of Europe!! Plus like to add myself and a few of my mates as free transfers and see where we end up!!
lol that's cool.

You'll need to play about with the Dates, they don't work right on mine, on a new game it replays last season with the new structure and you start just before the Cup final!!

Changed the start date of the season to 27/6 and played around with the Super cup competition. Just have to make sure you pick to start in Scotland in June 2009, as it does give you the option of June 2010. Seemed to work ok, cheers for all your help. Should be a good xmas taking Celtic and Celtic B to glory!!

Changed the start date of the season to 27/6 and played around with the Super cup competition. Just have to make sure you pick to start in Scotland in June 2009, as it does give you the option of June 2010.
Ah - that could be it.
Seemed to work ok, cheers for all your help. Should be a good xmas taking Celtic and Celtic B to glory!!
Now if I had known that .....

:p

started my own challenge idea i posted in earlier post, tier 6 team (Rosyth) to SPL1 in 10 years..........season 1 finished 4th which was a pleasant surprise, season 2 im 9 games into the season sitting top of the league with only a couple of new signings and not conceding a goal yet woo hoo lol :)

Does anyone know why making db changes with the editor data file mess up something you don't touch? I loaded the database and then the xml file, I made some database changes (mainly at Man City with their new manager and tweaked their money a bit, didn't touch anything to do with Scotland). Then I tried to start a new game and couldn't with Scotland in it because all the teams that were suppose to be in the Junior leagues got wiped off.

I tested the national rules before saving my latest changes and was told they were fine, now I've loaded it again and it now reports the missing teams from all the junior divisions, how the heck did that happen?

I'd rather not go into the editor and manually re-add every team thats suppose to be in the junior leagues, does anyone know what portion of the xml file that has the code allocating the teams to those divisions?

Does anyone know why making db changes with the editor data file mess up something you don't touch? I loaded the database and then the xml file, I made some database changes (mainly at Man City with their new manager and tweaked their money a bit, didn't touch anything to do with Scotland). Then I tried to start a new game and couldn't with Scotland in it because all the teams that were suppose to be in the Junior leagues got wiped off.
I can't answer your question but can recommend that in future you seperate things like this. i.e. load the deafult, make your non-Scottish changes and save them with a different name. The system can load up multiple XML files and that way if one of them screws up its a lot easier to fix.

Best of luck, firstly, with getting out of Tier 6...............success in season 2 along with winning the Junior Cup :). trying to revamp coaching staff, bring in a few decent players for a quick charge at Division 2 North or South title (cant remember which it is lol). wage structure is 5 times what it was so money available, getting the players i want is the tricky part.

Archived