The Scottish Pyramid, Platinum Edition

Cadijk van Kaarhandel

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just downloaded and have begun a new game. Looks fantastic. Pity you cant manage a SPL 'B' team and that would have been a good starting point but with so many to choose from that is only nit picking.

Great job mate, one question though... I downloaded from your version 3 link however it the XML file is called version 2... have you just updated version 2 without renaming or have I downloaded the wrong one?

Cheers mate, great work... must have taken age so many thanks.

Banner

The quality of good free agents you can sign for SPL2 is fantastic... just got to offload the dead wood in order to make some wage budget. Going to really enjoy this DB.. thanks again and glad I could add my 2p worth.

The quality of good free agents you can sign for SPL2 is fantastic... just got to offload the dead wood in order to make some wage budget. Going to really enjoy this DB.. thanks again and glad I could add my 2p worth.

Cool, i think the SPL2 is rated somewhere between current SPL and Div 1 so that should mean you can get some better players than usual. :thup:

Think i'll load it up and have a game myself tonight. Swithering between Aberdeen and Fraserburgh, not sure.

Whoops, must've made a wee mistake on my map

http://i33.tinypic.com/qp1fyc.jpg

Had a quick look at your map, Hawick are in the area you have although they do play in the East of Scotland League in real life due to them being closer to most teams in the Borders and Edinburgh, Crichton play in Dumfries, hence why they are in the South of Scotland League and should be in the South-West Regional Division.

How come you cant choose any of the B Teams?

I think it is because the B teams are technically the reserve teams of current SPL teams. Therefore you need to be manager of that team to control the reserve team. In theory you should be able to control an SPL team (say Aberdeen) in SPL1 as well as Aberdeen 'B' in what ever league they are in provided you are hired as manager of the senior team.

However I havent tried it.

Totally off-topic... (sorry for hijacking your thread Cad!! but lots of responses here so hopefully someone will have the answers I seek) I have posted this in General with no response and I cant find a fix...

Does anyone have the problem where steam carries out the First Time DirectX setup EVERYTIME you launch the game? Have you overcome it? If so how?

It is not a major problem, the game loads after about 5 mins but it is annoying. Any help would be appreciated.

Banner

I think it is because the B teams are technically the reserve teams of current SPL teams. Therefore you need to be manager of that team to control the reserve team. In theory you should be able to control an SPL team (say Aberdeen) in SPL1 as well as Aberdeen 'B' in what ever league they are in provided you are hired as manager of the senior team.

However I havent tried it.

Oh right i was assuming it would be the same as spanish and german teams..

On my game im still getting the 'C' team in the league and the 'B' team left with no fixtures or league. Ive tried to sort it out and add another team to rangers but it still doesnt work.

Ive sorted the problem. What ive done is remove Rangers B from the league and remove them from Rangers team screen. I added a new team called Rangers B and in the affiliated clubs added Rangers and selected affiliation type B and unticked main club. Then added Rangers B to the league.

Now in game Rangers have the 'B' Team, Reserves and u19s. I dont know how to remove the reserves though, not thats its a big deal.

EDIT: Actually ive found how to remove reserves

Maverick i think this must only happen if you play as Rangers..........and there's not a chance of me doing that so its went undetected!

Whats happening with them? And can you talk me through, exactly, step-by-step what you did?

They *should* have Seniors (in SPL1), B Team (in Div 2 South), and U19 (with fixtures). And it sounds like you got them to have that.

Cheers.

Is there any plans to add North Caledonian League sides and also Burntisland Shipyard and Glasgow University??

Also players get suspended after only collecting two yellow cards, is this deliberate?

I've no plans to add these teams but if you want to play in North Caley check out cmontheloknow's thread/update.

Two yellows for suspension? No, thats a bit strict. What should it be?

Maverick i think this must only happen if you play as Rangers..........and there's not a chance of me doing that so its went undetected!

Whats happening with them? And can you talk me through, exactly, step-by-step what you did?

They *should* have Seniors (in SPL1), B Team (in Div 2 South), and U19 (with fixtures). And it sounds like you got them to have that.

Cheers.

I was getting the seniors (spl), B team (no league) and C team (Div2 South).

But after your post i checked something out and another xml file must have conflicted. I made the anglo-scottish cup and removed the carling cup from england so looks like my british cup idea must go for the time been.

I don't know - think its pretty much as far as i'll take it....... only minor snag is the suspension after 2 bookings.

Tell you what, I'm away out for the day but if people want to post niggles/suggestions for the rest of the day then i'll do a wee update once the kids are bedded tonight.

Just post what you want to see changed and what to, e.g.

1) Suspensions:- Change to 'x' bookings = 'y' Game Ban

I don't know - think its pretty much as far as i'll take it....... only minor snag is the suspension after 2 bookings.

Tell you what, I'm away out for the day but if people want to post niggles/suggestions for the rest of the day then i'll do a wee update once the kids are bedded tonight.

Just post what you want to see changed and what to, e.g.

1) Suspensions:- Change to 'x' bookings = 'y' Game Ban

It's normally 5 bookings = 1 match ban

If your going to do another update before calling it a day is there any chance we can get the transfer windows in here? They dont seem to be set in the editor. Also, A goal of the monthwould be nice as well!

On a side issue, I cant seem to get the logo stuff to work. Where abouts are they supposed to go?

Archived