Team/Player backgrounds

TomDixon77

Has anyone else attempted to put these into a skin yet? I've just tried the code I used in 09, and it doesn't seem to work, I just get a blank background:

<!-- background picture - covers entire screen -->
 <widget class="background" file="backgrounds/default">
   <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0"/>
   <attachment class="test_global_attachment" get_property="bgnd" mode="1" set_property="hidn" skip_if_null="false" skip_if_resetting="false"/>
 </widget>

<widget class="background" file="backgrounds/default" hidden="true">
   <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0"/>
   <attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="bgnd" set_property="file" skip_if_null="false"/>
   <attachment class="test_global_attachment" get_property="bgnd" mode="0" set_property="hidn" skip_if_null="false" skip_if_resetting="false"/>
 </widget>

Has an id changed or something?

I've not looked at it as yet.

I don't know why they would have gone to the bother of totally removing the feature though whilst at the same time just commenting the code out of the default skin. If it's been removed then what would be the point of the commented out code?

Some SI guy, left a post in another thread, stating, background images is possible, but some adjustments has to be made in the config.file for the skin, to have the images enabled.

Myself can't find enough words for, how important a stadium pic is for my gamingexperience.. So I really hope some talented skinmaker will make it possible.

I also have a (close) 2gb background image folder :)

Archived