Favourite Formations

Nothing wrong with just one formation. I use an attacking 442 as my one and only tactic and I am very succesfull with it. I just make sure my transfer policy reflects my formation. This has never let me down yet!!

I also do not agree with the majority of people who have a home tactic and an away tactic. Why change the tactics. If you have a solid tactic stick with it. You do not see Chelsea or Man Utd changing tactics to suit their own opponent. My philosophy is concentrate on my own team strengths and forget the opposition.

Totally agree well said

424, especially when the AI uses it, especially when you're stuck in the middle of a highlight (which tends to be a goal) when you've only just noticed they've switched to it.

Be proactive, change to a defensive formation before the AI switches.

I feel with the new TI one tactic is the way to go, BECAUSE it is so easy to make wholesale changes with the wizard. So one tactic becomes almost limitless tactics, with a few slight changes Switching between pre-sets was always so annoying as you lose all the little tweaks & OI's added so far in a match. Surely this was the point of the wizard TI? Each to their own I guess.

Every time you make a single click on a slider, you've created a new tactic. That isn't playing with one tactic.

4-3-3 Barcelona/Arsenal style. I adjust the tactics within it depending on the situation. But overall the formation and style are the same. Used to be a big fan of 4-4-2, then began looking at a 4-5-1 as a secondary tactic for a few years, before finally settling on a 4-3-3 over these last 2 editions.

Played with DM, MC, MC, AMR, AML, FW.

I make my teams play my formation, even if they are used to something else.

I was a big fan of 4-2-3-1 in previous FM games. Leaning towards 4-3-3 as of late though. I can't imagine playing FM without wingers.

i love the 4-2-3-1 formation aswell! it allows you to play in the middle or down the flanks when required, however it has flaws, one man upfront is not alway the best when you need goals and teams that play with wingers pushed further up will cause problems for your full backs!

Archived