English Leagues Re-Shape

Yid Army

English Leagues Re-Shape

D/L Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CMFQM8FX

LEAGUES

Tier One- First Division - 18 teams: Bottom two relegated to First Division (Contains real life premier league teams, take away newly promoted and 17th place (hull)), plus old firm.

Arsenal

Aston Villa

Blackburn

Bolton

Chelsea

Everton

Fulham

Liverpool

Machester City

Manchester United

Portsmouth

Stoke

Sunderland

Tottenham Hotspur

West Ham

Wigan

Rangers

Celtic

Tier Two - Second Division North and South - 32 Teams overall, 16 each division, Winners of each division promoted to First Division. Bottom two from each league relegated to Third Division. Includes real life four premier teams not in new premier league, whole of real championship, relegated championship teams from last season, plus last seasons fourth place in League One (leeds). League One third place IRL (MK Dons) replaces play-off winner (scunthorpe).

North:

Newcastle

Middlesbrough

Blackpool

Preston

Barnsley

Doncastor

Sheffield United

Sheffield Wednesday

Derby

Nottingham Forest

Leicseter

Peterbrough

Burnley

Hull

Leeds

West Brom

South:

Coventry

Ipswich

Swansea

Cardiff

Bristol City

Reading

Watford

QPR

Crystal Palace

Plymouth

Wolves

Birmingham

MK Dons

Norwich

Southampton

Charlton

Tier Three: Third Division: Will contain Four Leagues of 16. The four leagues are South-West, South-East, Central and North. Winners of each league are promoted to Second Division. Will contain all nineteen League One teams not put in Second Division, Scunthorpe, all 24 league two teams, and the twenty Blue Square Premier teams who are not newly promoted. All teams in here will be made professional if not already and all players and staff full-time. You can not be relegated from this league, and the lower league teams cannot be promoted.

South - West

Swindon

Bristol Rovers

Yeovil

Exeter

Salisbury

Forest Green

Bournemouth

Torquay

Northampton

Cheltenham

Hereford

Kidderminster

Walsall

Aldershot

Burton

South - East

Barnet

Dagenham & Redbridge

Oxford

Crawley

Grays

Eastbourne

Ebbsfleet

Wycombe

Colchester

Southend

Millwall

Brentford

Leyton Orient

Gillingham

Brighton

Luton

Central

Kettering

Histon

Cambridge

Stevenage

Stockport

Huddersfield

Oldham

Tranmere

Shrewsbury

Notts County

Port Vale

Crewe

Macclesfield

Lincoln

Chesterfield

Rotherham

North

Grimsby

Rochdale

Bradford

Accrington

Bury

Morecambe

Darlington

Mansfield

Chester

Wrexham

Altrincham

York

Barrow

Carlisle

Hartlepool

Scunthorpe

CUPS-

Nationwide Cup

All teams from the Third Division down to the Third are eligible.

Round One - All third division teams enter (64 teams). The teams are divided into sixteen groups of four, with every group containing one team from each league. Every team in each group plays each other twice. The winner of each group goes through Round Two.

Round Two - All second division teams enter, as well as the sixteen teams progressing from round one (48 teams). The teams are divided into twelve groups of four. Every group must contain at least one third division team. Every team in each group plays each other twice. The winners of each group go into round three. The runners up from each group go into the playoff stage.

Round Two Playoffs - All runners up from round two enter (12 teams). The teams are divided into four groups of three. Each team in every group plays each other once. The winner of each group goes through to round three.

Round Three - All winners from round two and the round two play-offs enter, as well as the sixteen First Division teams (32 teams). Teams are divided into eight groups of four. Each group contains two First Division teams and two from the Second or Third division. Each team in every group plays each other twice. The top team from each group goes through to the quarter finals.

Quarter Finals - All winners from round three enter (8 teams). Teams are drawn against each other in a two-legged knockout, home and away. There is no away goals rules. If nessicery, extra time and penalties will be played. The winners of each tie go through to the Semi Finals.

Semi Finals - All winners from the quarter finals enter (4 teams). Teams are drawn agaisnt each other in a single knockout match. This will take place at the Millenium Stadium. If nessicery, extra time and penalties will be played. The winners progress to the Final.

Final - Both winners from the Semi Finals enter (2 teams). Match played at Wembley. If nessicery, extra time and penalties will be played. The winner lifts the cup.

Maxinum number of matches:

Div 3 team: 24

Div 2 team: 18

Div 1 team: 10

First Division Cup

Only First Divison teams are eligible.

Round One - All first division teams enter (16 teams). Teams drawn against each other in two legged knockout, home and away. There is no away goals rules. If nessicery, extra time and penalties will be played. The winners go through to the Quarter Finals.

Quarter Finals - All winners from Round One enter (8 teams). Teams drawn against each other in two legged knockout, home and away. There is no away goals rules. If nessicery, extra time and penalties will be played. The winners go through to the Semi Finals.

Semi Finals - All winners from the quarter finals enter (4 teams). Teams are drawn agaisnt each other in a single knockout match. This will take place at the Millenium Stadium. If nessicery, extra time and penalties will be played. The winners progress to the Final.

Final - Both winners from the Semi Finals enter (2 teams). Match played at Wembley. If nessicery, extra time and penalties will be played. The winner lifts the cup.

Maxinum number of matches: 6

Second Division Cup

Only Second Division teams are eligible.

Round One - All second division teams enter (32 teams). Teams divided into 8 groups of four. Each group will have two Northern and two Southern teams. Each team in every group plays each other twice. The top team from each group goes through to Round Two.

Round Two - All winners from Round One enter (16 teams). Teams drawn against each other in two legged knockout, home and away. There is no away goals rules. If nessicery, extra time and penalties will be played. The winners go through to the Quarter Finals.

Quarter Finals - All winners from Round Two enter (8 teams). Teams drawn against each other in two legged knockout, home and away. There is no away goals rules. If nessicery, extra time and penalties will be played. The winners go through to the Semi Finals.

Maxinum number of matches: 12

Third Division Cup

Only Third Division teams are eligible.

Round One - All Third Division teams enter (64 teams). Teams play each other in a single knockout match. Teams will always play against other teams from the same league. The tie will be played the home stadium of one of the teams. If nessicery, extra time and penalties will be played. The winners progress to Round Two.

Round Two - All winners from Round One enter (32 teams). Teams play each other in a single knockout match. Teams will always play against other teams from the same league. The tie will be played the home stadium of one of the teams. If nessicery, extra time and penalties will be played. The winners progress to Round Three.

Round Three - All winners from Round Two enter (16 teams). Teams play each other in a single knockout match. Teams will always play against other teams from the same league. The tie will be played the home stadium of one of the teams. If nessicery, extra time and penalties will be played. The winners progress to the Quarter Finals.

Quarter Finals - All winners from Round Three enter (8 teams). Teams play each other in a single knockout match. Teams will always play against other teams from the same league. The tie will be played the home stadium of one of the teams. If nessicery, extra time and penalties will be played. The winners progress to the Semi Finals.

Semi Finals - All winners from the Quarter Finals enter (4 teams). Teams play each other in a single knockout match. This will take pace at the Millenium Stadium. If nessicery, extra time and penalties will be played. The winner progresses to the Final.

Maxinum number of matches: 6

General Rules: In all leagues and Group Stages, teams are sorted by first Points, then Goals Scored, then Goal Difference, the Results between Teams. The transfer window is open in January, June, July and August. Loans can be made at any time.

NOTE: PLEASE READ: THE CUP STRUCTURE IS NOW A LOT SIMPLER THAN ABOVE FUE TO ME HAVING EDITOR ISSUES, IF ANYONE CAN HELP WITH THIS, PLEASE POST IN THIS THREAD OR PM ME.

Okay, I will definately think about this. I will first concentrate on the regions for the third division, but it is going to be very difficult. For Division Two, nearly all the teams are in the Championship IRL so I could look at the 09-10 Championship page on wikipedia and use the map on there to help. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009-10_Football_League_Championship). Does anyone know of free software that could give me this, but let me specify the markers?

Right, I've managed to do this using Wikipedia maps again. The divisions are as follows:

South - West

Swindon

Bristol Rovers

Yeovil

Exeter

Salisbury

Forest Green

Bournemouth

Torquay

Northampton

Cheltenham

Hereford

Kidderminster

Walsall

Aldershot

Shrewsbury

Burton

South - East

Barnet

Dagenham & Redbridge

Oxford

Crawley

Grays

Eastbourne

Ebbsfleet

Wycombe

Colchester

Southend

Millwall

Brentford

Leyton Orient

Gillingham

Brighton

Luton

Central

Kettering

Histon

Cambridge

Stevenage

Stockport

Huddersfield

Oldham

Tranmere

Shrewsbury

Notts County

Port Vale

Crewe

Macclesfield

Lincoln

Chesterfield

Rotherham

North

Grimsby

Rochdale

Bradford

Accrington

Bury

Morecambe

Darlington

Mansfield

Chester

Wrexham

Altrincham

York

Barrow

Carlisle

Hartlepool

Scunthorpe

If you think there is a better way to do this, then please tell me, because this is the best spilt I can think of.

I am considering doing a Division Four, but am still unsure about it. It would involve the 4 newly promoted tier 5 teams, all of tier six, and all of tier 7 bar the worst team in each league. This would give me seven leagues of sixteen, but I lose my wikipedia maps at tier seven and the regions would be a nightmare. The other is half the league would be semi-pro and half amatuer. It would be very hard for the amatuers to keep up unless I went through the editor and indivitully put every player and staff member from 63 clubs on to part-time contracts. No thanks. So I am going to leave it at Division three for now, unless someone has a better idea?

Was toying with the notion of having a league cup exclusively for League clubs 1 to 4 & a Super Cup for the 16 team Premiership. (Elimination playoff)

Introduce an open youth cup for all teams. Player restrictions must be under 21, must be homegrown (club or nation).

And for the finale a 5 Home nation tournament as a season closure.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived