Changing font colour in the tab and sub-tab menu

Veg

I working on a skin(s) and since I'm not to great when it comes to xml coding I met a stumbling point were I'm unable to move past. I've been working with both the dark skin and the lighter skin as a base. I hope that one of the experienced skinners could help out.

I've changed the Menubar and tab sections to have the colours of the front colour of the club, and changed the tabs:

HeaderFM2010dark.png

As I've changed the tabs in the dark skin I've encountered the problem that the selected tab and the disabled tab(s) has white as font colour, marked with red in the picture. I want to make change the colours in those tabs some other colours I managed to get the font colour to be the same as the clubs background coulours in the un-selected tabs, in the tab.xml. But I don't think the font colour of the slected and the disabled tab is in the same file as I've copied the xml.files from the dark skin into the light skin and there the font colours looks like this (marked with red and yellow):

HeaderFM2010.png

I've searched through the xml files that are used by the original skin but I can't seem to find what file that should be edited and what code I should change.

I also have almost the same problem with the sub-tab section:

HeaderFM2010dark2.png

I want to change the colours of the un-selected buttons to have the club backgrounds colour. I've have tried several solutions withouth succes so it would be great if someone could help me.

I expect it'll be controlled by one of the colours in the settings/<SKIN_NAME> settings.xml file - possibly in the 'misc "special" colours' or 'default text colours' sections - one problem with these is that they tend to be used in several places and quite a few screens are hard coded to what colour code they use.

I had a feeling thet they used the colours from the settings file, but hoped I could use the club colours. Still I need a bit help. Does this mean that I have to change the RGB commands in the settings file or can I code a xml to use one of the other default text colour?

Archived