Individual instructions assigned by tactics creator ?!

Hey I started a game with Spurs and I noticed that the tactics creator assigned different instructions to my wingers. I have Modric as AML and Lennon as AMR

They both have same role/duties: Winger, Support

Then I had a look at the "advanced" instructions. Modric had YES in roaming from position while Lennon had NO. Both instructions where grey, meaning no tick in box.

Any ideas?

On the initial screen what did you select for roam from position. I suspect the tactics creator allows players to roam/not roam depending on their ability/attributes. From the above this would seem right, Lennon is a pure winger and should stay there. Modric is much more effective when coming in from the left and roaming.

You are right about the difference in ability. Lennon has a 16 off the ball while Modric 17. Also Lennon is a pure AMR, while Modric is a AMLC. However, this made me worry that I will have to check with the sliders again, instead of making me forget about them...

It'll probably depend on the tactic you set-up, ie. defending, balanced, etc.

TT & F advocates a different total of free roles (that's all roaming is) to each of these set-ups. You may find the DMC is always one; then if you have a tactic that says 2 free roles it'll be the DMC and another which could be a winger so it has to choose which one.

I'm sure that is the reason. Hope I've explained that well enough :o

EDIT: I doubt whether it'll evaluate each ones attributes, it'll just be fixed in the hard wiring of the wizard.

Archived