FM10: Official Fulham Thread

Noack13

I have a question for my fellow Fulham managers: What instructions do you use to get the best out of Andy Johnson?

I am playing a 4-2-2-2 (Brazilian style) formation in my first season with the cottagers and my only big acquisitions are Milevskyi (to play alongside Johnson) and Nesmachnyi (playiing LB after I sold Konchesky to Sunderland). Milevskyi has been an absolute beast so far and literally has something like 16 goals in 16 games but Johnson has been absolutely horrible. I think he's scored 2 goals all season.

I initially played him as a Poacher but have now tried changing his role to Advanced Forward to try and kick him out of his slump - it doesn't appear to make a difference though. Any hints?

milevskyi.png

johnsonk.png

Mate what did you use Artem as Deep Lying Support? Advanced? Please help i bought him and im not sure what the best.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont normally post in the fulham thread, so sorry for interrupting lads, For celtic i have Cardozo as an Complete forward as i would play Milevski

I would play Andy Johnston as a trequartista, he will give u a fair amount of goals if he has a good return from the midfield, and he will support Milevski and add to his goal tally :thup:

• 5 weeks later...

Just started with Fulham i have sold some of the deadwood in the reserves got about 5mil.

Defense is ok brought in Garrido for cover at Left Back. Need a solid CB to partner the excellent Hangeland any ideas?

Also need some more options for midfield and striker positions?

Chelsea really do my head in i tried to get Liedson, Donovan and Jadson all of which chelsea paid over the odds for and i can gaurantee will be rotting in there reserves in a seasons time.

Just started with Fulham i have sold some of the deadwood in the reserves got about 5mil.

Defense is ok brought in Garrido for cover at Left Back. Need a solid CB to partner the excellent Hangeland any ideas?

Also need some more options for midfield and striker positions?

Chelsea really do my head in i tried to get Liedson' date=' Donovan and Jadson all of which chelsea paid over the odds for and i can gaurantee will be rotting in there reserves in a seasons time.[/quote']

Try Simunek from Wolsburg, he only costs about £3m and he turns into a solid CB.

1st season i am 6th date is 25th of feb, still in Uefa cup and enjoying fulham will make it a long term save.

Dempsey is good keep him.

To make money i sold the likes of Kallio, Kamara, Nevland, Eddie Johnson, Seol etc.

I bought in Garrido from city on loan, i will be making his loan permanent got a 2.3m clause in his contract and he has been performing consistently well all season.

The end of the 1st season i managed to get 7th! Was 5th all season but my last two games were chelsea and liverpool so 7th was all i managed. 7th was more than what the board wanted though, and they gave me £35million for the 2nd season!

I brought in..

Moreira free

Sofiane Feghouli Free

Garrido 2.9mil

Joe hart 2.5mil

Liedson 2mil

Van Der Vaart Loan fee 1.1mil (6million to buy any point during loan)

Henrique (Good young cb from Barca) - 3.5mil

Jose Crespo - Loan

Adam Pepper - Free

Patrick Vieira - Free

Phil Jagielka - 7mil

Angel Da Maria - £10mil now and then £7million in 4 years.

Sold load of fringe players like - Stoor, Hughes, Dikgacoi, Elm and Zuberhuler.

• 2 weeks later...

I normally manage to get a good return out of Fulham and plenty of goals but I seem to be struggling this go round. I'm in my second season and have completely revamped the squad, for the better I hope. First season I finished 12th but finished adrift of West Ham in 11th by about 7 points. I'm 12th after about 8 games in the second season and despite having a pretty decent squad can't decide on a formation or what tactics would suit, looking at a 5 year plan to get this right haha. Anyway I've tried to list my squad as well as I can remember it below.

GK: Akinfeev, Enyeama, Schwarzer

DR: Hughes, Kusnir,

DL: Shorey

DC: Simunek, Mathias Jorgensen, Burdissio

MR: Seb Larsson,Gera, Riise,

ML: Duff,

MC: Gago, Witsel, van der Vaart, Murphy

ST: Adrian, Jelle Vossen, Wickham, Johnson

Another question ?

With you sticking to pretty much the same formation for the entire season (are you able to put up screenshots and details of the 4-5-1 you used occasionally?) did you suffer the 'new year slump' when AI managers have supposedly sussed your tactic come January ?

I seem to suffer this everytime I get a good season going with my beloved Fulham.

this is happening to me right now. I am having trouble seeing off teams I beat with a clean sheet before.

his physical stats have had a bit of a bump but thats about it, also edited out his injury (cant recall who but one of the SI guys in the OTF thread confirmed it shouldn't be like that). He's not scoring goals as freely as on 10.2 anyway, Okaka and AJ seem to be the best two so far. Switching the wingers is also helping, although mainly because i've bought Vukcevic to play AMR (inside forward) and with his long shots it makes for many goals :thup:

right then, having started a new save for Fulham 10.3 (after editing out Zamora's incorrect injury of course), this is how i've started :

Transfer window

Screenshot2010-03-03at235025.png

there wasn't too much i wanted to do in the transfer window apart from cast off some of the deadwood (Stoor, Andranik) which i achieved. Then having a good 8/9 million to spend i decided upon spending it on one superstar who could push me up a few places in the league, i acknowledged by most influential position and bought Vukcevic in. Also bringing a younger goalkeeper (don't fancy playing Zubi, and a winger, to replace Gera/ an injured Davies)

tactics

i've stuck to my tactics i uploaded on page 1, changing only 1 player, a RM to an AMR, basically to include the Fulham way (wingers on their wrong sides cutting in), and using Vukcevic as an inside forward to cut in and use his long shot 20 ability. I've kept the second central midfielder as a deep lying playmaker, just dropped him back to account for moving the right winger up the field

Screenshot2010-03-03at235652.png

will post tomorrow (well, after i've slept), on how i'm getting on and the Jan transfer window should have been and gone by then

good luck el greenio :)

i signed lewandowski , sergi , antonini , and otamendi 1st season sold afew players .. sergi and lewandowski come 1st and 2nd in signings of year . this was 1st time i had otamendi after alot of people rated him highly and he got worse signing of season !! cost me 8 or 9 million i thought he must be good all the talk and the price come down to it i wasnt to impressed tbh ..

i finished 10th in the league though , got to the 2nd knockout stage of europa league losing to roma eventually 6-2 on agg . barnsley knocked me out of the FAcup 1st time i was in it bad times iknow and chelsea knocked me out of league cup

2nd season so far ive signed tom cairney from hull for around 600k and damien marq for around 13million i did that towards end of last season so its a 48month deal , only one i will be doing unless time of need ;) if anyone has had damien marq before can you let me know how he got on ?? i have 20million to spend i just have to find some good buisness to do now

Otamendi is on my hitlist for the end of the season as Hughes' long-term replacement, he's always been top notch for me, and he scores quite a few goals aswell, unlucky that he hasnt come good in yours. I've had Marcq before at Bayern and he was capable there playing champs league football etc. so should be more than good enough at Fulham, hopefully he'll live up to the price tag. I've always gone for Marco Verratti as Murphy's replacement, he looks a prospect and is cheap. Are you playing v10.3? if so i would recommend investing in the future and one man, Romelu Lukaku, he is amazing

im only in 2nd season and hes at man united soo hes a traitor :D

Belletti rejected me :( also i signed rafael sobis and he cant play due to work permit , im not to pleased anyway i can get the work permit for him ?

that sucks :( 4million for a player i cant use , trying to sign lukaku to fill the void gap of sobis but there rejecting 11mill plus

just a quick edit ! lukaku they want 40million for and 30million for neymar !!

i signed abel hernandez just but to my suprise and randomness he cant play because of a work permit to !!!!!!!!!! so annoyed :(

yeh i usually notice it says wont be able to play , but i appealed for the sobis one aand never said he couldnt play and i didnt even have to appeal for the hernandez one :S

im trying to play a 4-2-2-2 this year brazil box formation and i have like 6points from 6 games . struggling to create chances and i have a striker injury crisis !!

i've just got a striker crisis in general at the moment, in the summer transfer window and struggling to get the players i want. Got 20m left and need to sign a keeper who can sit on the bench for a year but take over from Schwarzer (Foster and Hart's asking price too high for my liking). Also in much need of a striker, let Nevland and Elm leave on frees, have signed Humberto Suazo on a cheap great deal, but now Altidore has rejected and Milevskiy went to Bolton instead. Was looking at Nilmar but they want all of my 20mil :(. This is where i potentially ruin my save by panic buying

I wanted to try playing Fulham for a long time and so i started a game with them when 10.3 game out.

I actually thought i had a decent squad for the first season, but any way i used my whole budget and signed;

Miles Addison (£ 3.2) He was later awarded Fulham player of the year :)

Anthony Annan (£ 3.0) A beast at my DM postition.

Mahamadou Diarra (£ 4.8) I used him as box - box with great success.

Helder Postiga (£ 925k) Upfront together with Johnson this guy was awesome. 16 league goals.

Sold Dempsey, Andranik, Duff, Nevland and Stoor.

After a decent start the last half of the season was incredible. I managed to finish 4 (CL here i come ;D) and in the Euro Cup i was knocked out in the Quater Final to Everton (That hurt).

1. Man Utd 80 pts

2. Arsenal 73 pts

3. Liverpool 72 pts

4. Fulham 72 pts

5. Chelsea 70 pts

I was really close and actually i lost the second place on the last day of the league. :(

Now im in my second season i have signed;

Jimmy Briand (Free) Loaned him out right away.

Juan Roman Riquelme (Free)

James Milner (£ 16.5) Fulham's Gerrard :D

Maxwell (£ 4.6)

Carlos Kameni (£ 5.25)

Kevin Kuranyi (Free) My Topscorer atm.

Andreas Görlitz (Free)

Jô (Loan)

Batuhan Karadeniz (Loan) Watch this guy, hes gonna be awesome.

Craig Cathcart (Loan)

Sold a lot of the players who didn't play in the first season, didn't get any good amount for any of them. :(

Right now its the 1. December and im Third behind behind Chelsea (38) and United (37), i have 35.

In CL im in group with Bordeaux, Milan and Dynamo Moscow. Before my last game vs. Bordeaux im qualified for the next round behind Milan.

Wow, nice start to yer career thelahm.

I've just started a network game with my mate, he's Sunderland and i'm Fulham :D

What formation suits them best in first season?

I signed Keiran Richardson on loan from him and i gave him Konchesky on loan. We swapped Shwarzer and Gordon too (which i feel i've came off best ;)) Signed Louis Saha for £3.7m and sold Andranik for £3.6m. Rejected £14m for Dempsey..

Got off to a horrid start, 3-0 to Arsenal on first day :( My mate lost to Burnley tho haha. Any tips? Through to the 4th Quals round btw.

Cheers

Wow, nice start to yer career thelahm.

I've just started a network game with my mate, he's Sunderland and i'm Fulham :D

What formation suits them best in first season?

I signed Keiran Richardson on loan from him and i gave him Konchesky on loan. We swapped Shwarzer and Gordon too (which i feel i've came off best ;)) Signed Louis Saha for £3.7m and sold Andranik for £3.6m. Rejected £14m for Dempsey..

Got off to a horrid start, 3-0 to Arsenal on first day :( My mate lost to Burnley tho haha. Any tips? Through to the 4th Quals round btw.

Cheers

Well im not using wingers, because i think fullham have som good central players. TBH i think u mad 2 bad loan deals. Konchesky is a VERY good LB and i still use him as a rotation with Maxwell. Schwartzer is a pretty decent goalkeeper, and he has a good ability which i think i the most important stat for a keeper.

I just can't believe the guy above finished 4th.

I struggled to fight relegation, saved my team in the last round...

I was playing a 4-5-1 with two DMC's, but in my mind 2 DMC's is only usable for a team who has the likes of Essien+Mikel on their squad; obviously, not our case.

Now I brought some class players, the ones like: Diego Souza (Way better than Danny Murphy); Milevskyi; Diego Cavalieri (Schwarzer's just too slow for me); Curtis Davies and Taylor (From newcastle, the CB).

Dempsey is ****ing me off, he's trying to leave the club... I don't see why keep him, mid stats for my pretensions.

Now in 3rd Season; in the first one fought relegation, 2nd season I finished 12th;

Seeing evolution in my lads, hoping to get a Euro Cup maybe this season;

If I finish 8th I'll be happy as well (I guess that's what a long-term game is about... right?)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I am midway through my second season with Fulham and am struggling to create and score goals. I either score 3-4 goals a game or score none. I bought Simon Church and Artem Milevsky. I play Artem with usually Church or Johnson whoever is playing better. My midfield consists of mostly James O'Shea on the righ, Chris Brunt/Kazenga LuaLua on the left and Danny Murphy/Clint Dempsey and Dikgacoi/Greening in the middle.

I found my team struggling to create goals in games i need to create goals.

I tried a fluid 4-4-2 with a diamond at the back ( to stop me from conceding goals) and now I am playing a simple 4-4-2 with counter against stronger teams and attacking against weaker teams. I set the d line pretty deep because the opposition finds gaps behind my defence for the easy 1v1. I tried a sweeper but to no avail.

I am signing De la Red and Di Gennaro on free, Yaya Sanogo for 3Mill. I signed David Wheater for 8 mill. I have a solid team but am struggling with the right tactic.

My team simply collapses when I need them to play. They all have good morale and they are fit but they simply hand the ball to the opposition who walks in for a goal.

Thank You for you tactics and suggestions.

FYI I did post in the tactics forum but have had no replies.

I've started a Fulham game, doing quite well I think, despite a 'suprise' loss at Blackburn. Anyway, below is my league table, signings and first team squad. Forgot to do a screen shot of my tactics but I'm using 4 defenders, a defensive midfielder, 2 centre midfielders, AMR and AML and 1 striker. This is as I wanted my team to be a good counter attacking side and I can never get 2 strikers both scoring regulary in one team :p

Pos Inf Team Pld Won Drn Lst For Ag G.D. Pts

1st Man City 10 8 1 1 24 6 +18 25

2nd Liverpool 11 8 1 2 23 7 +16 25

3rd Chelsea 11 7 3 1 15 6 +9 24

4th Tottenham 10 7 0 3 23 10 +13 21

5th Man Utd 11 5 5 1 16 7 +9 20

6th Fulham 10 6 2 2 11 5 +6 20

7th Arsenal 10 5 2 3 13 11 +2 17

8th Wigan 11 5 2 4 17 16 +1 17

9th Aston Villa 10 4 3 3 15 10 +5 15

10th Sunderland 10 4 3 3 17 16 +1 15

11th Bolton 10 4 2 4 16 16 0 14

12th West Ham 11 3 3 5 14 15 -1 12

13th Birmingham 10 3 1 6 14 19 -5 10

14th Wolves 10 3 1 6 11 16 -5 10

15th Blackburn 11 3 1 7 5 19 -14 10

16th Everton 9 1 5 3 7 9 -2 8

17th Burnley 11 1 5 5 7 14 -7 8

18th Stoke 11 2 2 7 8 20 -12 8

19th Hull 10 1 2 7 8 22 -14 5

20th Portsmouth 11 1 2 8 7 27 -20 5

(For some reason the 'Last 5 Games' didn't show in the screenshot. Maybe I should have done a proper screenshot instead of the FM options one)

Pkd Inf Name Position Morale Con Apps Gls Av Rat

- Mark Schwarzer GK Very Good 100% 15 - 7.01

- David Stockdale GK Okay 100% 4 - 6.83

- Aaron Hughes D RC Very Good 91% 4 (3) - 6.73

- Brede Hangeland D C Superb 95% 15 - 7.29

- Inj Ryan Shawcross D C Very Good 77% 15 2 7.04

- Trn Chris Smalling D C Okay 92% 4 (2) - 7.02

- Stephen Kelly D/WB R Good 80% 6 (2) - 7.07

- Nicky Shorey D/WB L Okay 79% 6 (2) 1 6.78

- Paul Konchesky D/WB/M L Very Good 99% 14 - 7.02

- John Pantsil D/AM R Very Good 97% 13 (2) - 7.11

- Fernando DM, M RC Very Good 93% 15 (1) 1 7.16

- Kagiso Dikgacoi DM, M C Very Good 100% 1 (4) - 6.92

- Unr Dickson Etuhu DM, M C Good 76% 6 - 6.90

- Sandro DM, M C Good 92% 16 (1) - 7.08

- Inj Jonathan Greening DM, AM LC Good 66% 2 (2) 2 7.10

- Inj Bjørn Helge Riise AM RC Okay 75% 5 (3) - 6.89

- Clint Dempsey AM RC, F C Good 73% 16 1 6.82

- Damien Duff AM L Good 75% 15 7 7.09

- Wnt Robert Milsom AM L Good 99% 2 (6) - 6.44

- Yel Danny Murphy AM C Okay 82% 15 (2) - 6.83

- Andy Johnson ST Very Good 86% 19 16 7.57

- Stefano Okaka ST Very Good 100% 1 (7) 1 6.64

- Inj Bobby Zamora ST Poor 62% - - -

Date Person From Fee

11.7.2009 Boucher, Zacharie Havre AC £100K

16.7.2009 Fernando Girondins Bordeaux £2M

23.7.2009 Sandro Internacional Ln Fee £1.7M

26.7.2009 Shawcross, Ryan Stoke £13M

Total £16.75M

Date Person To Fee

16.7.2009 Saunders, Matthew Histon Loan

16.7.2009 Nevland, Erik Newcastle £1.5M

22.7.2009 Stoor, Fredrik Wigan £2.5M

22.7.2009 Gera, Zoltán Sunderland £3.7M

22.7.2009 Uwezu, Michael Free

24.7.2009 Zuberbühler, Pascal AJ Auxerre £275K

25.7.2009 Elm, David Norwich Loan

27.7.2009 Briggs, Matthew Mansfield Loan

29.7.2009 Andranik Ipswich £1M

11.8.2009 Omozusi, Elliot Barnet Loan

12.8.2009 Foderingham, Wesley Barnet Loan

14.8.2009 Hoesen, Danny Barnet Loan

14.8.2009 Baird, Chris Livorno £2M

17.8.2009 Mackay-Steven, Gary Swindon Loan

28.8.2009 Brown, Wayne Blackpool Loan

Total £11M

For some reason I couldn't do my results page but I qualified to my Europa Leage Group, where I have beaten Lille, lost to Panathinaikos and beat a lowly Eastern European team. I started off the season with a 0-0 draw at Burnley, also drew 1-1 with Chelsea and lost 1-0 to B'Burn and L'pool. Lost 2-1 to Everton in Carling Cup 4th round. Beat Man City, Stoke, West Ham n Spurs.

i've just got a striker crisis in general at the moment, in the summer transfer window and struggling to get the players i want. Got 20m left and need to sign a keeper who can sit on the bench for a year but take over from Schwarzer (Foster and Hart's asking price too high for my liking). Also in much need of a striker, let Nevland and Elm leave on frees, have signed Humberto Suazo on a cheap great deal, but now Altidore has rejected and Milevskiy went to Bolton instead. Was looking at Nilmar but they want all of my 20mil :(. This is where i potentially ruin my save by panic buying

I'd have a look at Cardozo for striker, and maybe Kameni for GK...

Just started a Fulham game...

Brought in:

Luca Antoneli, Milan (loan)

Hedwiges Maduro, Valencia £1,6M

Helder Postiga, Sporting £1,6M

Had a £5Mil offer for Mileyvsky accepted, But Napoli came in at the last minute and signed him from under my nose.

Archived