*OFFICIAL* 3rd Annual FMS Awards Betting Thread

Peacemaker7

Welcome to the 3rd Annual FMS Awards Betting. The current FMS Gambler of the Year is Brian of Nazareth.

This year, things will be done a little bit differently. In the past, people placed their bets when the final ballots were known, but this time I'm going to start a round of voting before we know that for a few select catergories. Each punter will have 250 FMS pounds to bet with. You do not have to bet at this time, you can keep your money till you know who has made the final cut. Or, you can gamble on raising your stake by betting in this preliminary round, but if you end up broke then thats it, so its reward and risk trade off.

All bets should be sent to pm7@stories.net stating how much you wish to place on each bet. I'll keep track of whose who. You can bet singles, doubles trebles or whatever.

Preliminary round betting will take place in the following catergories, and the odds will appear once I know the list for best newcomer.

Writer of the Year

FMSer of the Year

Funniest Writer

Most Underrated

Most Missed

Perserverance Award

If anyone does not appear on the lists, mail me for odds. Whatever stake you have left you takew into the second round of betting. Good luck!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the 3rd Annual FMS Awards Betting. The current FMS Gambler of the Year is Brian of Nazareth.

This year, things will be done a little bit differently. In the past, people placed their bets when the final ballots were known, but this time I'm going to start a round of voting before we know that for a few select catergories. Each punter will have 250 FMS pounds to bet with. You do not have to bet at this time, you can keep your money till you know who has made the final cut. Or, you can gamble on raising your stake by betting in this preliminary round, but if you end up broke then thats it, so its reward and risk trade off.

All bets should be sent to pm7@stories.net stating how much you wish to place on each bet. I'll keep track of whose who. You can bet singles, doubles trebles or whatever.

Preliminary round betting will take place in the following catergories, and the odds will appear once I know the list for best newcomer.

Writer of the Year

FMSer of the Year

Funniest Writer

Most Underrated

Most Missed

Perserverance Award

If anyone does not appear on the lists, mail me for odds. Whatever stake you have left you takew into the second round of betting. Good luck!

I should explain that what you're betting on here is whether the person will make the final 'shortlist' of four, not whether they will win the actual award, we'll keep that for the final ballot.I guess if you want to place a bet on the winner you can mail me for odds, but the idea of this round is really just to allow people more (or less) dosh to play with and make it a little bit more interesting.

The Odds - To Reach to the Last Four

Writer of the Year Finalists

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

flipsix3 1/2

BobBev 1/2

binny 4/5

Faramir 4/5

Raptor 1/1

Dixie Flatline 1/1

Peacemaker7 11/8

Brian of Nazar. 11/8

displaced_seag 11/5

Jambo_4eva 2/1

Simon F 2/1

spurzgrrl 2/1

Gino 3/1

Donners 3/1

HD 5/1

bjorn 5/1

maollelujah 5/1

Gricehead 33/1

Dark_Soccer 33/1

Lionel Perez 20/1

</pre>

FMSer of the Year Finalists

BobBev 2/7

Faramir 2/7

flipsix3 2/5

bjorn 1/1

Simon F 1/1

binny 3/2

Raptor 3/2

Brian of Naza 2/1

Educated Hick 4/1

Jambo_4eva 4/1

displaced_seag 5/1

</pre>

Best Newcomer of the Year Finalists

Tyrone the Mag 2/3

glamdring 2/3

Dark_Soccer 2/3

Spav 1/1

cantonaisgod 1/1

Alex Rolfe 11/10

cosford 3/1

OMDave 3/1

gonch19 4/1

andyinkat 4/1

Nadessico 5/1

Cheese On Toast 5/1

Cottager 5/1

</pre>

Most Missed FMSer FInalists

13litZ 1/3

Brian W 1/3

Don_Samioni 2/5

Andrew Downing 1/2

ghostwriter 1/1

Joe Finnigan 2/1

King Jeff 2/1

mikezone13 4/1

Noel 5/1

silver_blue 5/1

Tricky Winger 6/1

LeytonOrient212 100/1

Ipswich's Fines 100/1

</pre>

Funniest Writer of the Year Finalists

Brian of Nazar 1/5

Peacemaker7 2/5

maollelujah 1/1

HD 1/1

nickygreenan 1/1

BobBev 11/10

bjorn 2/1

Educated Hick 5/1

cantonaisgod 11/1

Jambo_4eva 33/1

</pre>

Perserverance Award Finalists

Dixie Flatline 1/5

Gricehead 1/3

Donners 1/3

binny 8/11

BobBev 1/1

Faramir 1/1

Raptor 11/8

flipsix3 11/8

Gino 2/1

John O'Shea 2/1

Jambo4eva 5/1

Brian of Nazare 5/1

Lionel Perez 5/1

Simon F 1000/1

</pre>

Most Underrated Writer of the Year Finalists

Gino 1/5

HD 1/3

Gricehead 1/1

displaced_seag 1/1

Lionel Perez 1/1

John O'Shea 3/1

binny 3/1

Alex Rolfe 11/1

bjorn 11/1

ibroxclubworsh 20/1

I'm Not Ruud 25/1

SMSL 50/1

</pre>

Notes: This is just a selection of betting, you are not limited to these people. You can bet on anyone from the lists posted by Raptor, just drop me a line and I'll give you the odds. You can, of course, bet on yourself. Remember, just to make it clear, these odds are to make the final cut of 4 not to win the actual award. I have no inside info in the awards voting etc, these are purely my odds based on my knowledge of FMS. Remember to send bets to pm7@cmstories.net, include your FMS user name, the amounts you want to place etc. Each FMSer had £250FMS money, and you do not have to bet in this round to be eligble to bet on the winners round. If there is anything else you need to know, either mail me or ask here. Odds are given in UK style, if you need to find a converter to decimal/US then use google icon_wink.gif

hmm, yes could do. Will get to that in a wee while once I've thunk about it. (Although clearly Im not accepting bets from you on that icon_wink.gif)

I'll just add that if people cant be arsed e-mailing and want to place bets in the thread, then thats ok. It means people will 'see your hand' but its your choice. I should also say you can bet on more than one person in each catergory, so for instance, you could attempt to predict the four finalists and increase your odds.

Never bothered last year so i'll have a bash this year

£10 on Peacemaker7 @ 11/8 Writer of the Year

£10 Simon F @ Evens (1/1 to you) FMSer of the Year

£15 Cosford @ 3/1 Best Newcomer of the Year

£10 Brian W @ 1/3 Most Missed FMSer Award

£25 Peacemaker7 @ 2/5 On Funniest Writer of the Year

£20 Gricehead @ 3/1 On Perserverance Award

£10 Gricehead @ Evens Most Underrated Writer of the Year

£10 Groningen @ 2/1 to host the awards

It must've been a slow year if I'm joint 3rd-favourite for Writer of the Year icon_eek.gif You came up with these odds?

Right, here are my bets:

Writer of the Year finalist: FMS£20 on BobBev

Most Missed FMSer finalist: FMS£15 on Andrew Downing

Funniest Writer of the Year finalist: FMS£15 on nickygreenan

That'll do for the time being

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

Dont undersell yourself binny icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not - just being realistic. Although perhaps it's because I've written a few stories during the year.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

Remember these are odds to make the last 4, not to win.

Erm, I'd give 1/2 on the O'Brien guy, whoever he is. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, i am aware of that icon_smile.gif

Anyway here's my bets:

£10 on Flann O'Brien for Most Missed CMS'ers @ 1/2

£15 on Binny as Most Underrated Writer @ 3/1

£15 on OMDave as Best Newcomer @ 3/1

£10 on Groningen to host the finals @ 2/1

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Victor Meldrew:

I'm nominated and frankly appalled by your rubbish betting thread icon_razz.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well people can still bet on you, I'd give odds of about 10/1 on you making the final.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Raptor:

Ok, can you open a book on the location of the final CMS Awards? So far, we've had Belfast host them in 2002 and Glasgow in '03. I've taken the liberty of already setting the scene for the 2004 ceremony, but where...? icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, and Edinburgh's Usher Hall hosted the 2001 Awards.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Raptor:

Ok, can you open a book on the location of the final CMS Awards? So far, we've had Belfast host them in 2002 and Glasgow in '03. I've taken the liberty of already setting the scene for the 2004 ceremony, but where...? icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, and Edinburgh's Usher Hall hosted the 2001 Awards. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You mean the Peacemaker7 Awards icon_wink.gif

I suppose the 2000 awards were held in a telephone box in Croydon?

Actually took a fair while. I had to go through all the lists and weed out who I thought had no chance. Obviously, for instance, Ive added Simon in perserverance at 1000-1 for a laugh etc. But I think the odds, based on my experiences over the years are sensible, but we'll see when the voting gets underway wont we icon_wink.gif

Have a flutter, there is a custom title for the winner icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bartley_m:

I used to be 'josemi_le_god' yonks ago. Then I sorta lost interest in cm... but now im back icon_wink.gificon_razz.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fair enough. Never heard of you.

HD I'd give you 33/1. (Unless you have inside info icon_mad.gif)

Can I spend my £250 on Charlie being voted biggest pr*ck in the Grumpy Awards? icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bit TOO obvious though isnt it. Charlie, more stupid and annoying that pickles, (who turned out to be ok), Jack (whom I actually quite liked, but it would have ruined my image icon_wink.gif), Jambo etc all rolled into one and dipped in the Clyde on a cold day.

Can I spend my £250 on Charlie being voted biggest pr*ck in the Grumpy Awards? icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bit TOO obvious though isnt it. Charlie, more stupid and annoying that pickles, (who turned out to be ok), Jack (whom I actually quite liked, but it would have ruined my image icon_wink.gif), Jambo etc all rolled into one and dipped in the Clyde on a cold day. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What do I have to do to get rid of my 'image'. You guys aren't very forgiving icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jambo_4eva:

Euan: the answer lies within PM's post. :mysterious: <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, where? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jambo_4eva:

Euan: the answer lies within PM's post. :mysterious: <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, where? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have absolutely no idea what you guys mean. I asked what I have to do to get rid of my image and I read PMs post several times after Raptors reply but there doesn't seem to be anything regarding that.

Archived