Multiple Super Leagues idea.

willmore2k1

I've had this idea, but I probably won't get around to implementing it for some months, not sure if I'll even have the patience to do it right, so maybe someone else might think it's interesting and give it a shot.

The idea is to create multiple super leagues based on empires of the past.

1. Russian Empire

Merge all the former soviet leagues(Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, etc.) plus Finland and Poland.

2. British Empire

Merge the British Isles, India, Canada, South Africa, Australia, USA etc.

3. Portuguese Empire

Merge Portugal, Brazil, Angola, Mozambique and Guinea-Bissau.

4. Dutch Empire

Merge Netherlands, Indonesia, Belgium, Luxembourg.

5. Spanish Empire

Merge Spain, South America with the exception of Brazil, Central America, Mexico.

Alternatively, merge also with the Portuguese Empire for a larger league called the Iberian Union

6. Kalmar Union

Merge Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Iceland.

7. French Empire

Merge France, Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, Morocco, Algieria (and other african french possessions), Vietnam, Madagascar.

8. Ottoman Empire

Turkey, Former Yugoslavia, Hungary, Romania, Greece, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Libya etc.

9. Japanese Empire

Japan, Koreas, China (over-generalization, but it works).

I think that this covers the majority of the world. Now, of course the empires overlapped each other, this is just a general snapshot of these empires. The league structure could be something simple like a 1-1-X, with X being the number of total countries in the league.

Anyway, that's my idea, I think it's fun.

9. Japanese Empire

Japan, Koreas, China (over-generalization, but it works).

I don't think you have over generalized by placing China in the Japanasee Empire as Japan invaded China in WW2 you could also add Thailand, Bruma to the Japanese Empire if you want.

You'll need to add the Austrian Empire or you'll have forgotten about a vast swathe of Europe. And then there's Germany...

The Ottomans have most of the southern part and the French have most of the North. I'm going with the Napoleonic French empire for that part of the world. It's odd and a bit ahistorical, but who cares. So essentially, central and eastern Europe is divided between the French, Ottomans and the Russians.

Archived