Creating kits in FM10 with 2D and 3D?

AndreasDahl

I am not sure about the background behind it, but I assume it was changed so that the game now just loads a 2d texture instead of having to load a 2d texture plus a live 3d model. This seems absolutely fine.

But, I see a bit of a problem when we want to create our own kits.

The development seems like it will become tricky now that we cannot see our changes without having to go into an actual game and view them from far far away with the regular camera angles. Plus, how are we suppose to get the 3d image from our 2d texture?

So my question is this: Is the mapping EXACTLY (100%) the same in FM10 as it is in FM09? So we can use FM09 to preview our kits during development, and take the screenshots for the 3d image to use in FM10?

I compared some of the kits this year to last years. Most ones are exactly the same, and then there are some that are slightly different (Mainly with the neck, but the entire texture is also shifted a couple of pixels up and to the left), and then there's also updated ones that have the exact same positions.

Either way, to sum up, the changes seem small enough to ignore, especially since you only see the kits in-game from far away.

edit: Just did some comparisons using the FM10 textures in FM09 and compared the result:

34g1z00.gif

I'd love to be able to apply my own textures in the future to FM's own 3d model.

Does anyone know if this will be possible?

Archived