FM 2010 disk not recognised by Vista, unbelievable

Not good for people scrolling through threads because they have the same problem though.

I went out and bought the physical copy of the game so i could avoid Steam, as last time i used this method for FM it didn't work, and made my computer go at a snail pace! Is there a way to get it to recognise the disc without resorting to steam? I guess the download file will also exceed my monthly bandwidth if i were to use the Steam method this time.

Thanks.

Not good for people scrolling through threads because they have the same problem though.

I went out and bought the physical copy of the game so i could avoid Steam, as last time i used this method for FM it didn't work, and made my computer go at a snail pace! Is there a way to get it to recognise the disc without resorting to steam? I guess the download file will also exceed my monthly bandwidth if i were to use the Steam method this time.

Thanks.

jim check out my earlier post

jim check out my earlier post

I tried that thing and it just kept non respondez, i've resorted to steam. I suppose if it does download it and it works, i won't be using the internet for a while anyway, so my bandwidth limit might be ok.

Pain in the arse anyway though, as Steam makes my computer trudge along at John Terry pace.

I tried that thing and it just kept non respondez, i've resorted to steam. I suppose if it does download it and it works, i won't be using the internet for a while anyway, so my bandwidth limit might be ok.

Pain in the arse anyway though, as Steam makes my computer trudge along at John Terry pace.

agreed. i have for the moment just resorted to retrying the disk as it seems to recognise by about the 5th go! this must be a bug with the disk though as there are far to many people having the same problem. im guessing its prob something to do with the piracy protection on the disk itself....

I know all my drivers are up to date, but double checked anyway, also disabled and enabled the CD drive, tried fixes from various sites and all sorts of other fiddling. Still no joy.

Wonder if i can take the CD back to the shop now i've registered it on Steam then. ;):eek:

Thing is though, "buggy gaming" was never really something you associated with a Sigame product until the past two years.

Have we been following the same people all these years?

FM09 was one of the best games in the series out of the box. FM10 nearly didn't even get a patch until Christmas until they realised a data error caused by some odd code, everything else was bells and whistles rather than "we need to fix it now"...

Compare this to CM4, which came out in 2002. Now that's a game you instantly identify with the phrase "buggy gaming" out of the box. Hell, even the final patch for that game wasn't really satisfactory.

SI tend to be better out of the box every year, not worse.

Plus msot of the problems here are people isntalling the retail patch on top of a digital download version of the game (so obviously braking it), having out of date DVD firmware, or other odd PC setups that just don't like the game. These are all things outside SI's control.

I know all my drivers are up to date, but double checked anyway, also disabled and enabled the CD drive, tried fixes from various sites and all sorts of other fiddling. Still no joy.

Wonder if i can take the CD back to the shop now i've registered it on Steam then. ;):eek:

CD? I hope you mean DVD, as the game comes on DVD not CD these days.

The simple fact is that on the majority of machines it installs just fine. it isn't a bug in the program. Something on your PC can't handle the dvd. Simple as that.

As for installing via Steam then returning it to the shop, sure you can do that. You could also just pirate it in the first place, or take a knife with you and rob the shop, or slap a baby on the way home. Doesn't mean you should do it, or that it would be legal, let alone ethical.

Then you likely need a new dvd drive as it's obviously not up to scratch.

DVD drives are the cheapest component in a computer these days, it's no surprise that some of them don't have a long life span.

The random failure to read a single DVD is the first sign that it's on the way out.

seems to be a lot of smart ass on here!

at the end of the day a lot of people are having the same problem which suggests it is indeed an issue with the DVD. Every other thing I have ever put into my DVD drive works so it isnt my laptop!! And the fact it does sporadically read the CD also suggests its linked to the piracy portection on the disk itself......

Hey Guys, just got my pre-ordered FM 2010 DVD!

Have same problem though - Disc not recognised by drive and every other program I have works fine. As disappointed with this as the strike that delayed it's delivery.

Oh well, I'll see what drivers are out there and post back when I get it working.... I ALWAYS get FM working. Life depends on it!

Ps Positive mental attitude doesn't mean 'still not seriously p**sed off!

• 5 months later...
We are all getting tired of responses like this- if you cant help, dont post!

Lighten up, You mods need to lighten up.

It was quite funny and gave me a laugh even though i shouldnt be laughing because everytime i try and save my fm game it tells me theres no frigging disc when there is !!!!

So instead of telling people what they can and cant say ..................... Try developing a security measure that doesnt impede any legitimate buyers

Try to update your DVD drive drivers

Does anybody know I do this?

I dont want to be a pain but when you go out and buy something you expect it to work. I have changed the disk at the shop but i have the same problem.

if anybody has any other idaeas then i will try but it looks like to play the game i will have to install through steam which means i pay double.

That is simply unnaceptable from a customer point of view.

Steam ??????????

I wouldnt give it the steam off my ~

Archived