Possible Conflict in Edited Data?

Just been thinking - and I would like an official answer from someone at SI about the following.

At the moment I am recreating under the Welsh Setup - the old style Welsh Cup - which includes a certain number of English clubs from the Welsh Border area.

Using the default setup - and I'm having to edit division information for clubs such as Bromyard Town, Ludlow, etc. - adding them into "A Lower Division"

Now if I load this XML file up alongside an update done by someone else expanding the English Pyramid system - such as Superbladesman's Level 10 update - which has also edited the club information for Bromyard, Ludlow, etc. - putting them into their proper Leages - what will happen?

Will it crash totally - or if not - which data will it take?

That's hard to tell. The best answer is "it depends" ;) It may crash, it may work well, it may work poorly. You won't know until you know.

However, it is clear that this scenario is NOT a good idea. But, you can make it work...sort of...

In the editor, load your database and then load Sup's editor file. Then make your changes on top of that file so you have a single editor xml file with both edits. That way, you know for certain there won't be any conflicts.

I think it picks the 'top' file, not sure if that's the most recently edited, or just at the top of the list.

It's something that needs testing, in some cases it won't crash but I'd imagine certain set ups might cause a problem that will make the game crash.

That's hard to tell. The best answer is "it depends" ;) It may crash, it may work well, it may work poorly. You won't know until you know.

However, it is clear that this scenario is NOT a good idea. But, you can make it work...sort of...

In the editor, load your database and then load Sup's editor file. Then make your changes on top of that file so you have a single editor xml file with both edits. That way, you know for certain there won't be any conflicts.

Can you take me through that step by step in easy to follow language please - the editor has well and truly fritzed my brain :D

Archived