Welsh Super-10, WPL 2 and lower leagues

RazvanRat

Unfortunately, due to planned gradual changes to the top division of the Welsh system, the league format in game will be obsolete by the end of this year, and the FA of Wales have still not decided exactly what the replacement format will be, despite much discussion. This makes it very difficult to mimic the real life scenario with the editor in-game.

I've tried to improvise something that conforms to the main ideas that the FAW have outlined for the future of the Welsh Premier.

Welsh Prem League 1 - 10 teams, 4 games against each

Welsh Prem League 2 - 10 teams, 4 games against each

below that, I'll activate the Cymru Alliance and Welsh League Div1 - 18 teams each, 2 games against each.

Below that there are too many teams missing from the db to make it worthwhile trying to add them and fill them with 'real' players, but if anyone would like to make that effort on top of my initial file, that would be great.

So that's 3 tiers playable, with a Welsh Cup and Loosemore's League Cup in game too (these won't reflect the schedules of the real things, but are based roughly on how they might interact with the new format).

I'll be adding a few of the more important missing lower league sides, altering respective team reputations and team finances to a more up-to-date level, adding significant players to some of the CA and WL1 teams who are low on real players in the db, updating some transfers...

If anyone would like to see the file as it currently is or do any more work on it now that I've set up the basics, let me know.

Archived