Adding Teams to Blue Square North/South

toybota

No, you'll have to recreate the entire English league system, not just the level you want to change.

Not true. You do need to go to Add Nation Rules, which provides the first seven levels (with level 7 inactive). From there, you just need to remove the Blue Square North/South, re-add it, move it up to its correct position and then set the structure, ensuring that the rules remain valid.

The above five levels will remain unaffected and won't need recreating.

YC, you are incorrect.

When you "Add Nation Rules", you have to recreate the entire structure for that Nation. Go ahead and try it.

The editor does NOT allow you to edit existing league structures. You can either ADD to them - adding levels below what already exists - or you can create an entirely new set up. You CAN NOT edit only part of a Nation's structure.

YC, you are incorrect.

When you "Add Nation Rules", you have to recreate the entire structure for that Nation. Go ahead and try it.

The editor does NOT allow you to edit existing league structures. You can either ADD to them - adding levels below what already exists - or you can create an entirely new set up. You CAN NOT edit only part of a Nation's structure.

ptakers you're wrong it means if you want only edit one league you can do that but of course if you do that you will lose hard-coded rules like tv money and prize money and you need to recreate some of them. And if the status was hard coded you can lose that too..

like if we have 5 level system in a country... you can delete 3rd level... but you need to re-create that level entirely...

From the Guide:

"'Create New Competitions and Rules'

Firstly, select the country that you want your new league to be in.

IMPORTANT - selecting a country that already has a playable league will overwrite those existing leagues, so you won't be able to play in them on this database.

As such, if you select England to create new competitions, all of England's leagues will be overwritten.

It's possible to overwrite the rules of just one division, like Blue Square North/South. You can add lower leagues in the nation rules and just add one new level. Than you can remove and add again Blue Square North/South. All divisions above will remain with the hard coded rules, you can now change the rules for Blue Square North/South.

Wowwzorz - I stand corrected by an authority. My apologies to the lads whom I gave bad advice to.

K - what is the procedure, as I'm confused.

Also is it possible to overwrite the rules of a division in the middle, say League 2?

I've been working under the assumption it was an all-or-nothing kind of deal.

It's a risky thing, because you can't be sure which rules are hard coded and could lead into conflicts when running the game. You have also to bear in mind that some of the cups might not work anymore, when you expand or reduce a division.

I wouldn't be 100% sure on editing competitions in the middle, particularly with respect to the cups. I've not tried fiddling with existing divisions, only adding new ones or modifying the lowest.

ptakers - you're right, if you select that "create new competitions and rules" option. However, there's the other option to expand the existing structure, which also allows the editing of existing competitions, in the manner KUBI mentions.

Archived