Problem: Altering Nations

arctoa

So, I've created a Northumbrian nation by replacing San Marino; I moved all their information (players, teams, places) into the Italian Lower Leagues and set about populating the nation with English/Scottish players and created 20 clubs; 15 in the (inactive) league already there and 5 more in A Lower Division. I also changed the language of the nation to English, the region to UK & Ireland, and created place-names as well as taking those from England/Scotland. This gives me:

~ 1100 British-named players

~ 100 place-names

20 teams

Yet my newgens/regens and virtual greyed-out players have mostly Italian names. Occasionally a John, Dave or Steve pops up but it's overwhelmingly Latin. What do I need to do to ensure that the generated players have British names?

Also, I'm disappointed to see that a nation's population appears to be hard-coded. The real population of Northumbria/North-East England would be around 2.5M but it shows as 30K. Is there any way around that?

I'm also having trouble with assigning a national stadium. I changed it from Olimpico to St. James' Park which works fine in the nation overview, but Olimpico still shows in the Information > Facilities screen. I edited the national matches to All for SJP and None for Olimpico. Help? Ahaha.

Cheers.

So, I've created a Northumbrian nation by replacing San Marino; I moved all their information (players, teams, places) into the Italian Lower Leagues and set about populating the nation with English/Scottish players and created 20 clubs; 15 in the (inactive) league already there and 5 more in A Lower Division. I also changed the language of the nation to English, the region to UK & Ireland, and created place-names as well as taking those from England/Scotland. This gives me:

~ 1100 British-named players

~ 100 place-names

20 teams

Yet my newgens/regens and virtual greyed-out players have mostly Italian names. Occasionally a John, Dave or Steve pops up but it's overwhelmingly Latin. What do I need to do to ensure that the generated players have British names?

Also, I'm disappointed to see that a nation's population appears to be hard-coded. The real population of Northumbria/North-East England would be around 2.5M but it shows as 30K. Is there any way around that?

I'm also having trouble with assigning a national stadium. I changed it from Olimpico to St. James' Park which works fine in the nation overview, but Olimpico still shows in the Information > Facilities screen. I edited the national matches to All for SJP and None for Olimpico. Help? Ahaha.

Cheers.

Anyone? I'm stalling on my new game 'til I get this sorted out.

The city in which a team is based - which is determinied by the city in which their stadium resides - determines the type of regens that are created. It doesn't matter what "nation" you choose for your team, it's based on where the home stadium is.

The city in which a team is based - which is determinied by the city in which their stadium resides - determines the type of regens that are created. It doesn't matter what "nation" you choose for your team, it's based on where the home stadium is.

Hmm; so setting those cities such as Newcastle and Sunderland to Northumbria has the game thinking that I've set them all to San Marino and is providing San Marinese newgen names accordingly?

However, If that's the case, how come I'm getting the occasional UK name?

I've done something similar replacing Liechtenstein with a made up country and I got the regens to have UK sounding names by:

1) delete everybody who is real Liechtensteiner

2) update language for Liechtenstein to English

3) went through all the Liechtensteiner cities and changed their language to English if it was set to something else and

4) moved Liechtenstein to the UK and Ireland region.

After that, all the regens have UK sounding names. Without step 4) all the players spoke English, but still ended up with central European names. That annoyed me for a while.

I've done something similar replacing Liechtenstein with a made up country and I got the regens to have UK sounding names by:

1) delete everybody who is real Liechtensteiner

2) update language for Liechtenstein to English

3) went through all the Liechtensteiner cities and changed their language to English if it was set to something else and

4) moved Liechtenstein to the UK and Ireland region.

After that, all the regens have UK sounding names. Without step 4) all the players spoke English, but still ended up with central European names. That annoyed me for a while.

Hey, it worked! I wonder why it doesn't work for San Marino, though...?

Hey, it worked! I wonder why it doesn't work for San Marino, though...?

It works, but it's not perfect. I got a good number of players with Swiss second nationality and Swiss names. I guess the whole second nationality thing is hardcoded. Which may be why San Marino didn't work, I bet most of the regens for San Marino have Italian as a second nationality, hence the name.

Archived