Football Manager Handheld 2010 VIDEO REVIEW

Read your review and left a comment under my youtube name nitebot. It was interesting as I don't have my copy yet. It was clear that you aren't over impressed. I guess in SIG's defence a lot of the work is probably under the skin but I was surprised to hear that players running in on goal are still doing silly pass backs. I thought that you could have perhaps given a bit more detail on whether, media, club & player interaction has improved much. And whether AI opponents are better in practice (as they're supposed to be). Also would be interesting to see if we still have that issue with super greys allowing BSP teams to reach the cup final. Anyway, good effort though especially as you're quite young!

Nice review - it is always nice to read (or in this case watch) reviews/feedback from people who play our games. I'll make sure the link gets passed around the rest of the handheld team so that they can watch it too.

In answer to some of your criticisms - you mention that not enough has changed - out of interest what would you like to have seen changed for this version? I really feel the ability to set season expectations, move funds between budgets, an entirely rewritten board confidence module, coach and scout reports, player comparisons and more actually contribute to there being more new features in 2010 than in 2009. In theory, some of the long term gameplay issues like getting new jobs should also be improved (that comes into the polish aspect which you mentioned you didn't really understand). Or are you only disappointed with the match experience?

I think we did a good job this year with incorporating as many of the nice touches from the PC game (such as assistant manager team reports) that can be dipped into without having to slow down or bloat the gameplay experience. It is really important we don't make the game overly complicated because as you mention in your review, a lot of people enjoy the fact FMH is like our older management games that had fewer features and were possibly a little easier to blast through a few seasons.

Are you not sure it's not possible to make vids longer than to minutes on Youtube Dec? I've seen a 25 minute video before

wbarn: I think you made a good review of the game there, well done. Unlucky on your defeat to Cardiff.

Archived