The 8.0.2 New Game Attributes "Problem"

Isn't this all just caused by a slight change in the 'free' attribute scores.

If you look here, it might explain more about this. It does actually make sense (hopefully) and it demonstrates how SI are trying to get some realism into the CA and the various positions on the field, but feel free to ask questions if it doesn't.

LOOK HERE

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys are completely misunderstanding Paul. Attributes have been lowered slightly to make the game realistic.

Your players will still play as well, their attributes just look a bit worse! Stop making a fuss over nothing, its not a bug.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Oz:

You guys are completely misunderstanding Paul. Attributes have been lowered slightly to make the game realistic.

Your players will still play as well, their attributes just look a bit worse! Stop making a fuss over nothing, its not a bug. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

CORRECT. If anyone doesn't understand it, I urge you to take a look at THIS

Guest Joshlee

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Oz:

Your players will still play as well, their attributes just look a bit worse! Stop making a fuss over nothing, its not a bug. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i think u are the one who is misunderstanding the problem...

it is NOT ALL player have been lowered their attb, some players even gain 2 point in each skill...so the game world is totally unbalance and unrealistic, player don't get the attributes they deserve

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Joshlee:

look at this, the new Ronaldinho

picture1ra5.th.png </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ronaldinho has 7.63 average rating and 9 more MotM's, so prolly way more assists/pass completion etc than Elano. Take a lot at that instead of the stats.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Joshlee:]

it is NOT ALL player have been lowered their attb, some players even gain 2 point in each skill...so the game world is totally unbalance and unrealistic, player don't get the attributes they deserve </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's very subjective, and more a matter for the data forum than anything else. Has it occured to you that Elano and Ronaldinho (the example that keeps getting dedged up) may have similar stats in teh database. Also - has Ronaldinho been penalised for his abysmal (by his standards) form over the last 12-18 months?

lowered? give me a break, lol

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mitja:

did you actualy read any of this thread and saw the links I posted? the guy with 127 CA is given +2 points for every and each of important stats. yeah that's realistic. so is elano. compare his stats with editor....before you post such a stupid reply!!!

I can't understand how much effort people can put to defend the game!!

lowered? give me a break, lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fefeu:

I only have a question.will the attributes continue like this or not in the next update?thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gificon_eek.gificon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gificon_smile.gificon_eek.gificon_rolleyes.gif

New update?? You obviously aren't familiar with how SI work.....

Guest Joshlee

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GioRotterdam:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Joshlee:

Ronaldinho has 7.63 average rating and 9 more MotM's, so prolly way more assists/pass completion etc than Elano. Take a lot at that instead of the stats. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because I only open England as playable league, and those players play in non-playable league usually much more easy to get higher average rating

Yeah, I have some problem or bug or whatever it is. Some players attributes increse, some of them decrease, some of them are same like in editor. I opened new game so many times and if one player attributes are decreases 1 point, it is same in the other new games or a player attributes increases 1 or 2 points, it is also same in other new games. Why I want my players lower than what editor says or other players higher than editor. There must be a solution for that..

Guest Joshlee

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DaveRH:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Joshlee:]

it is NOT ALL player have been lowered their attb, some players even gain 2 point in each skill...so the game world is totally unbalance and unrealistic, player don't get the attributes they deserve </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's very subjective, and more a matter for the data forum than anything else. Has it occured to you that Elano and Ronaldinho (the example that keeps getting dedged up) may have similar stats in teh database. Also - has Ronaldinho been penalised for his abysmal (by his standards) form over the last 12-18 months? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol, if you think the case of elano is arguable, im sure there are more example which affected by the same problem, but do Elano performance really deserve that good ? i really doubt that, so do everyone else

Guest Joshlee

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mkkadi:

Yeah, I have some problem or bug or whatever it is. Some players attributes increse, some of them decrease, some of them are same like in editor. I opened new game so many times and if one player attributes are decreases 1 point, it is same in the other new games or a player attributes increases 1 or 2 points, it is also same in other new games. Why I want my players lower than what editor says or other players higher than editor. There must be a solution for that.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeh...

but what you get the response from SI's PaulC is:

Please, just play the game and enjoy the better balance between CA and attributes and hence more realism. There is zero chance of any update addressing this area of the game.

how shocking it is

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wally13:

well if thats the case daveRH elano stats should't be that good either mate because besides first month hes done nothing since i know hes had a couple of injuries but so as ronaldinho </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry I was not clear. My point was that it's the data at fault, not the patch. The Man City researcher will have submitted his final scores for Elano when he was performing so well for his team - whereas Ronaldinho has started to turn into a party animal.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mkkadi:

Yeah, I have some problem or bug or whatever it is. Some players attributes increse, some of them decrease, some of them are same like in editor. I opened new game so many times and if one player attributes are decreases 1 point, it is same in the other new games or a player attributes increases 1 or 2 points, it is also same in other new games. Why I want my players lower than what editor says or other players higher than editor. There must be a solution for that.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeh...

but what you get the response from SI's PaulC is:

Please, just play the game and enjoy the better balance between CA and attributes and hence more realism. There is zero chance of any update addressing this area of the game.

how shocking it is </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Joshlee: Please CLICK HERE to find out why Paul is absolutely correct in what he is saying.

I have posted this link within this thread a few times now in the hope that it will help you (and other with the same concerns) understand what is going on - and why.

If you have any questions after looking at this link, I'd be happy to answer the ones I can.

icon_cool.gif

Guest Joshlee

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DaveRH:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wally13:

well if thats the case daveRH elano stats should't be that good either mate because besides first month hes done nothing since i know hes had a couple of injuries but so as ronaldinho </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry I was not clear. My point was that it's the data at fault, not the patch. The Man City researcher will have submitted his final scores for Elano when he was performing so well for his team - whereas Ronaldinho has started to turn into a party animal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it is not the data or researcher fault, it is the game engine or coding have add 2 pt in each skill for elano

look at this picture, the original stats in editor is fair enough, but when people start a game, he suddenly become much better than the researcher rated him

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1414/elanohv0.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mitja:

can we have some reply here, please. this issue makes this game unplayable, IMO. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let's stop being daft shal we? It is in no way unplayable, at the very most it makes a previously saved game more challenging.

TBH it's not that unrealistic, the players that are improved aren't nobodies hence it is possible for them to improve (form etc) and the players that have been reduced are hardly useless.

E.g. in 8.0.1 i used kaka - he scored a laughable amount of goals (35-ish), in 8.0.2 he has scored 24 for me - much better, and it's not like the changes in his stats have made him useless.

Similarly as i've said earlier, every time i've played against man city, elano has been average, whilst ronaldo has scored against me 3 times (considering my team conceded 12 in all comps i think this should be noted) which proves that the stat changes aren't that improtant.

This rant is just getting silly.

it is not the data or researcher fault, it is the game engine or coding have add 2 pt in each skill for elano

look at this picture, the original stats in editor is fair enough, but when people start a game, he suddenly become much better than the researcher rated him </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is a data issue. The researcher has set his CA too high and the changes in the patch have re-distributed spare points to skills it feels would be appropiate.

In future editions, I'd suggest that the researchers ignore the CA figure for players and just input the stats. Let the engine work out what the CA should be to avoid this.

On a side note though - I doubt that you would be able to tell a substantial difference between 2 points on any one attribute.

guys, I think I discovered the reason of the attributes of some players high:because the attributes of favorite foot count as CA, or be players kick with both feet lose attributes and the ones that only use a they win.I find should not reduce points of anybody because he knows how to use both feet,but yes for the that plays

I creat a fake Elano in editor,and put your foot atributes to 20.now yours atributes are the same the editor.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ched:

can we have some reply here, please. this issue makes this game unplayable, IMO. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let's stop being daft shal we? It is in no way unplayable, at the very most it makes a previously saved game more challenging.

TBH it's not that unrealistic, the players that are improved aren't nobodies hence it is possible for them to improve (form etc) and the players that have been reduced are hardly useless.

E.g. in 8.0.1 i used kaka - he scored a laughable amount of goals (35-ish), in 8.0.2 he has scored 24 for me - much better, and it's not like the changes in his stats have made him useless.

Similarly as i've said earlier, every time i've played against man city, elano has been average, whilst ronaldo has scored against me 3 times (considering my team conceded 12 in all comps i think this should be noted) which proves that the stat changes aren't that improtant.

This rant is just getting silly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hey ched how's your lonely striker going on? icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GioRotterdam:

Ronaldinho has 7.63 average rating and 9 more MotM's, so prolly way more assists/pass completion etc than Elano. Take a lot at that instead of the stats. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and he plays in muuuuuch better team, right? but he's over rated anyway.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ched:

Absolutely spot on Ched.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fefeu:

guys, I think I discovered the reason of the attributes of some players high:because the attributes of favorite foot count as CA, or be players kick with both feet lose attributes and the ones that only use a they win.I find should not reduce points of anybody because he knows how to use both feet,but yes for the that plays

I creat a fake Elano in editor,and put your foot atributes to 20.now yours atributes are the same the editor. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif

it's a big advantage if player can play with both foot. but it doesn't make him better passer or dribbler IMO.

I agree with you. Maybe players have not real attributes and this annoy you: play with unreal names icon_smile.gif

So, even though Ronaldo seems to have worse stats than Elano, he still performs better. At least that's something, but doesn't that make the stats completely pointless. Normally in manager games you can look at a player's profile, and get a basic idea about how good the player is. That's no longer the case here. A player that is better at most parts of the game, according to his stats, is actually a worse player. If we can't use a player's stats to somewhat judge how good a player he is, then what's the point of even showing them? Seems wrong to me...

Yeah I agree with Hamselv here - let's say someone who knows nothing about current football affairs and is new to FM08 - say he had an option to buy either C. Ronaldo or Elano, who do you think he'd buy, based on stats? He, and nor can anyone else, see a player's CA.

What Ched is saying might be fair and true, but it defeats the point of having stats and instead means that we have to look to CA and cheat to discover just how good a player is - that is not the way to play this game.

this is your answer? icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

waht do you want to hear?

the guy who created the game says its not a bug. it's how its coded to be.

if thats the case then thats the case. their not oging to change it just because people have gotten used to a previous way that may or may not have been more accurate in terms of PA/CA and stats

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by azeri4life:

Yeah I agree with Hamselv here - let's say someone who knows nothing about current football affairs and is new to FM08 - say he had an option to buy either C. Ronaldo or Elano, who do you think he'd buy, based on stats? He, and nor can anyone else, see a player's CA.

What Ched is saying might be fair and true, but it defeats the point of having stats and instead means that we have to look to CA and cheat to discover just how good a player is - that is not the way to play this game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps this will help you to understand how it works and that you don't have to cheat or take as much notice of the CA.CLICK HERE

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hamselv:

So, even though Ronaldo seems to have worse stats than Elano, he still performs better. At least that's something, but doesn't that make the stats completely pointless. Normally in manager games you can look at a player's profile, and get a basic idea about how good the player is. That's no longer the case here. A player that is better at most parts of the game, according to his stats, is actually a worse player. If we can't use a player's stats to somewhat judge how good a player he is, then what's the point of even showing them? Seems wrong to me... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

true. I would also add that how one player performs (av. rating) depends on many things like team quality, injuries, manager quality, form, mental stats... and has no weight to judge them by their av. rating. player's stats should determine player's ability and we come to the point of actual CA/PA system.

and I think this isn't the point of this duscussion. the point is that ME changes stats depending on CA. it's weird to me that someone with CA of 120 is added 2 points for each stat (player's links I posted) and other one with CA 180 is taken off, so they look alike. I believe I posted enough of evidence to be taken seriously. now I'm all for more realistic stats, but don't believe this has been achieved due to double standards of +/- system.

cheers icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PaulC:

fix this problem please...

it is totally unplayble </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well it's playable but somehow tottaly unrealistic.

everytime's something goes wrong they don't reply. we would probably see miles explaining that it's a human bug, which testing team didn't notice and that they're looking in it and considering something icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Come off it.

Its not a bug in the game, the attributes in the game are as they should be. There is possibly a bug in the tool that is used by researchers to compile player data, but that does not affect the realism of that attributes in the game.

Far too much is being made of this by non researchers.

Please, just play the game and enjoy the better balance between CA and attributes and hence more realism. There is zero chance of any update addressing this area of the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You sad that does not affect the realism of that attributes in the game. Can you explain me that a player ability for example dribling is 15 in editor. But in the game it appears 17. Which of them uses match engine? 15 or 17? If 15 there is no problem but if 17 there is a problem because if mant attributes increase 2 points or decrease, match aengine acts wrong and it affects the game..

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PaulC:

everytime's something goes wrong they don't reply. we would probably see miles explaining that it's a human bug, which testing team didn't notice and that they're looking in it and considering something icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Come off it.

Its not a bug in the game, the attributes in the game are as they should be. There is possibly a bug in the tool that is used by researchers to compile player data, but that does not affect the realism of that attributes in the game.

Please, just play the game and enjoy the better balance between CA and attributes and hence more realism. There is zero chance of any update addressing this area of the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You sad that does not affect the realism of that attributes in the game. Can you explain me that a player ability for example dribling is 15 in editor. But in the game it appears 17. Which of them uses match engine? 15 or 17? If 15 there is no problem but if 17 there is a problem because if mant attributes increase 2 points or decrease, match aengine acts wrong and it affects the game.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are we talking data editor with the game or are you meaning the researcher's editor?

If the former, its because the data editor supplied with the game doesnt warn the user about the attributes not matching the CA.

If the latter, its an issue that will be resolved for next year's research tool, but has no relevance to non researchers.

Hope this makes sense,

Paul

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by azeri4life:

What Ched is saying might be fair and true, but it defeats the point of having stats and instead means that we have to look to CA and cheat to discover just how good a player is - that is not the way to play this game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Someone with an understanding of football might take into account that not all attributes are of equal importance, and that certain combinations can create something greater than their "sum".

icon_wink.gif

hey ched how's your lonely striker going on? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

works perfectly now i've tweaked him.

The only issue i currently have with the game is that i keep getting moaned at for singing young players - board conf is the only MAJOR issue left to be fixed (unless you play in turkey/as pompey).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hamselv:

So, even though Ronaldo seems to have worse stats than Elano, he still performs better. At least that's something, but doesn't that make the stats completely pointless. Normally in manager games you can look at a player's profile, and get a basic idea about how good the player is. That's no longer the case here. A player that is better at most parts of the game, according to his stats, is actually a worse player. If we can't use a player's stats to somewhat judge how good a player he is, then what's the point of even showing them? Seems wrong to me... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, it's about how the stats interact with one another. If elano has 20 dribbling and ronaldo 19, it doesn't mean elano will be skipping round players all game - MANY other factors influence how good a player is.

You need to look at a selection of stats to see how good a player is.

Someone with an understanding of football might take into account that not all attributes are of equal importance, and that certain combinations can create something greater than their "sum".

icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I knew i should have read the whole thread before posting lol - this is the point i was trying to make above.

In my 8.0.2 version of the game I'd say that around 50% of all players on the game have all of their stats decreased by 1 or 2 in game, and this is even if their CA and ratings are the same as in the previous database, in fact, it still decreases the ratings using the old database.

I'm actually not using the patch because of it.

I particularly liked of they lower the attributes because they were of all, the problem is some players for they be both footed lost atribudos that should not lose the way for me is to wait the fm 2009

I'm not downloading the patch until the fixes have been sorted out, so can I ask:

Isn't it the case that the attributes' adjustments affect the AI teams' players just the same, therefore shouldn't the result be 'an even playing field'? Therefore, surely it shouldn't affect your managerial career unfairly - or am I missing something?

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

I'm not downloading the patch until the fixes have been sorted out, so can I ask:

Isn't it the case that the attributes' adjustments affect the AI teams' players just the same, therefore shouldn't the result be 'an even playing field'? Therefore, surely it shouldn't affect your managerial career unfairly - or am I missing something? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No you arent missing anything, you are correct.

This matter is pretty much closed at our end.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't a previous version of FM use cut down values for the stats? I recall loads of complaints about that: "What do you mean Thierry Henry only has 15 finishnig!!!!".

Personally, I think that generally lower stats means players with great ability in certain areas (David Beckham crossing etc) have a good chance to shine.

Come off it.

You sad that does not affect the realism of that attributes in the game. Can you explain me that a player ability for example dribling is 15 in editor. But in the game it appears 17. Which of them uses match engine? 15 or 17? If 15 there is no problem but if 17 there is a problem because if mant attributes increase 2 points or decrease, match aengine acts wrong and it affects the game.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are we talking data editor with the game or are you meaning the researcher's editor?

If the former, its because the data editor supplied with the game doesnt warn the user about the attributes not matching the CA.

If the latter, its an issue that will be resolved for next year's research tool, but has no relevance to non researchers.

Hope this makes sense,

Paul </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

first of all thanks for your replies Paul.

that's a little bit strange answer to mkkadi's fair question. the game should use 17, of course.

if the former; what's responsibile for stats not matching editor db? researchers? I don't think so.

if the latter; it meens you're not happy with accuracy how game matches up db, and you're introducing new researhers tool, which is great. it does have relevance to the gamers, becouse we were promised this game as the most realistic simulation of them all (but that's not my moan). this is db issue, it's the last thing where you would expect trouble. you have largest researchers base who are doing exellant job. I can understand that long term confidence is hard to work properly and stuff like that. but now we have situation where the gaming world doesn't reflect your researchers work and so it has influence on this game's reality. changing some player's stats (all of them) by adding or decreasing up to 2 points, makes him highly over/under rated. you said or someone alse said, thses players will perform as same as they weren't changed. what's the point of atributes then anyway. instead CA should be enough icon_wink.gif

Archived