Promotion/Relegation playoffs

Henry Marshall

Hey guys.

I've made a 7 league A-League structure. I want the bottom team of a division to have to do a playoff with the winner of the lower division to determine if they get promoted. Is it possible? I can't seem to get it going at the moment, any suggestions on what settings I'll need?

When you configure the playoffs, for the higher league you make this choice on the Playoffs tab.

Tick "Relegation Playoff" and then tick "Number of teams from lower division in playoff".

If you set it so only one team from This Division and only one team from Lower Division participate, it will take the last-placed team in the upper division and the first-placed team in the lower division, put them in a one game playoff, winner goes up, loser goes down.

do you mean the front page as in the "general" tab? as doing it manually in the playoff tab wont allow me to enter the amount of teams to be promoted and relegated from 2 leagues, for example, it says i have a playoff clash if i tick "relegation playoff" for 1 team in League A and tick "promotion playoff" for 1 team in League B

• 7 months later...
do you mean the front page as in the "general" tab? as doing it manually in the playoff tab wont allow me to enter the amount of teams to be promoted and relegated from 2 leagues, for example, it says i have a playoff clash if i tick "relegation playoff" for 1 team in League A and tick "promotion playoff" for 1 team in League B

Sorry to bump an old topic, but I'm having this problem too, and can't find an answer from the search engine.

I'm trying to implement a playoff system where the 3rd bottom team from the Premier Division, plays off against 3rd top team in Second Division, to decide who will be either relegated or promoted (as the case may be).

When testing the nation rules, I keep getting the message "Relegation Playoff in Premier Division clashes with Promotion Playoff in Second Division".

Anyone know how to fix this please?

Archived