Is anyone making a J-League mod?

willmore2k1

I'd love to play with as authentic a football universe as possible, and it's somewhat of a downer that guys like Uchida, Endo and Okazaki aren't in the game.

Hi, I'm italian and I'm a big fan of the japanese soccer. I'm working to make J. League 1, J. League 2, JFL and Regional Leagues, plus 1st squad and youth team including u-15 for almost every team with players pictures and media.

The problem is: at the present moment the competitions editor is passable but not good. I think it's a wonderful tool, I love Sigames for that, but it needs more features, more freedom, because to reproduce real tournaments is almost impossible.

I finished J.League 1 and J.League 2 and they are enough similar, but about cups like J. League Cup/Yamazaki Cup there is not a mode to copy the perfect formula. Sensible World Of Soccer editor is still better to make cup tournaments.

Regarding Regional Leagues, real rules are complex especially for promotions and relegations.

I don't know whether keep on working on leagues or move to database players and wait for an official update of the editor by Sigames.

Another big problem is abilities players of minor divisions. It has been a bad choice to keep players points with the actual range 1-20. World standard in sport games are 1-100 and it's absolutely necessary to change with a patch (if possible) this inconvenience. With the current system, matches results in minor divisions like italian Serie D, Eccellenza, Promozione or english leagues of the level 9 and 10 like North West Counties Football League are often 0-0, 1-0 or 1-1. Few goals and boring matches.

I'm a little disappointed about all these problems, I hope that Sigames can help us as soon as possible.

So there are two Japanese databases now? How is yours different from the other one?

This is my mod:

-J.League 1, J.League 2, Japan Football League, Regional Promotion Series, Regional Leagues, Regional Leagues Second Divisions and Prefectural Leagues. Real dates, real prize, but fictional structure for some minor leagues because of the editor.

-Emperor's Cup fully recreated (with university clubs and u18 team as the real tournament), Yamazaki Nabisco Cup, Xerox Supercup and minor cups.

-1st squad and youth until u15 for every team of the J. League 1 and J. League 2, 1st squad and some youth for the others team (fake players for Prefectural Leagues teams, but maked by me).

-Pictures for every player, including u15, of the J. League 1 and J. League 2. Some pictures for other players.

-Media.

-Logos.

I hope to complete the work for december.

i hv this question for a long long time after CM become FM

i never hear they make any japanese league patch after all japanese players and leagues are gone in the game

it's only one reason: it seems that Japanese dont like FM so much

i never hear they make any japanese league patch after all japanese players and leagues are gone in the game

wrong.

the reason is because they could not acquire the rights...its a litigation issue.

Thanks for that;)

Thanks for that;)
Well, I hope that this issue will be solved when Football Manager 2011 comes out!

Unlikely that it will be available for FM2011, we cant discuss the reasons why in these forums but lets just say it costs a lot to acquire licenses and with many ppl not wanting to even pay for a legit copy then there is never a full guarantee of return adn I dont think ppl would appreciate paying more for their game. Remember console prices are far higher than PC/Mac and this is partly the reason why. Its never as easy as those from the high seas try to put it, I'm sure they want their pay end of month too. :)

As for this japan file quoted, I dont see why its said there are no players. I can see players, they may not be real but play a career game and after x seasons no-one is real. :)

Archived