Is ME flawed?

Well maybe not fundamentally but it surely is flawed.The players when playing away simply cannot hold the ball well under pressure I.E. Gk cannot make short pass to the nearest player cause he will always lose the ball. That means you must play with two players upfront when playing away which is ridiculous cause most teams play 4-5-1 away and in FM this formation is reserved for good teams only and we all know it should be a defensive formation (or something like it). Also defensively the players positioning it is pretty flawed too. The players should be more capable of retaining possession than they are now. The main problem is that offense and defense are not balanced enough.

P.S. Sorry for the bad English

I play 4-4-2 away, 4-5-1 is not what most teams play away, look at the lower leagues of England and you'll see them all playing 4-4-2 away as it gives you the best balance between defence and attack. Only the big teams play 4-5-1 because they are convinced that the european way is the best, it isn't. I use a deep lying forward myself with an advanced forward leading the line, works a treat. It could be that your team is losing the ball because you may have them set to too many though balls. I have my defence and def midfielder on no through balls, wingers and forwards on mixed and my att midfielder with often and I tend to have 60%+ possession and 80%+ passing success every game and i'm playing as Port Vale in the english league 2, and i've turned their season around, going from 19th to 2nd in just over 20 games, unbeaten in 10, loving FM10 now i've got used to the ME and gotten the hang of the tactics this year. If you set your team so that only a couple of players are doing through balls and crosses you should keep the ball more.

Archived