Oil Money to the World Cup (FM10)

Here's the idea:

In Athletics particularly, second rate African middle distance runners are giving insane amounts of money to become citizens of the 'oil' states and run for them at major championships.

So we have Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, UAE & Jordan and we have a 35 round draft of players who you want to become citizens of your country (by editing other nationalities) but you can only draft players who are uncapped at the moment. (you can search 0 caps in the player searcher)

However, there is no limit to how you want to make up you thirty five players (so you could have 35 midfielders & let actual UAE players elsewhere etc.). Also, no limit on the ages of players so you could go for the best young players (Wilshere) or the experienced 'forgotten' men (Almunia) .

PLAYERS TAKEN:

UAE (Ben Arsenal): Michael Arteta, Kieran Gibbs, Jack Wilshere, Vito Mannone, Denilson, Franco Di Santo, Federico Macheda, Fabio, Ryan Shawcross, Carlos Cuellar, Nedum Onuoha, Tony Hibbert, Sergio Romero, Alvaro Negredo, Tom Huddlestone, Gary Cahill, Armand Traore, Mark Randall, Jay Simpson, Brian Jensen, Nemanja Matic, Michael Dawson, Khairul Nizam, Michael Turner, Ismail Aissati, Alexander Baumjohann, Roberto Acquafresca

Jordan (Welwyn): Steed Malbranque, Mauro Zarate, Jack Rodwell, Manny Almunia, Sylvain Distin, Thiago Motta, Kevin Davies, Rafael, Curtis Davies, Matthew Taylor, Jimmy Bullard, Leighton Baines, Rodrigo Taddei, Leon Osman, David Wheater, Charles N'Zogbia, Nicky Hunt, Diego Cavalieri, Danny Welbeck, David N'Gog, Andreas Palop, Royston Drenthe, Matteo Sereni, Jamie O' Hara, John Fleck, Roy Beerens, Danny Wilson

Kuwait (Matt Fergie): Amauri, Maxwell, Jesus Navas, Carlo Cudicini, Federico Fazio, Keirrison, Mathieu Delpierre, Hugo Campagnaro, Sebastian Giovinco, Lee Cattermole, Benoit Cheyrou, Eljero Elia, Domenico Criscito, Jeremy Helan, Blaise Matuidi, Piet Velthuizen, Iker Muniain, Tinga, Alex Nimely-Tchuimeni, Ian Ashbee, Gael Kakuta, Dani Pacheco////// DOES NOT PICK!

Qatar (NeoAC): Gonzalo Higuain, Claudio Marchisio, Younes Kaboul, Esteban Granero, Cedric Carrasco, Diego Lopez, Edinson Cavani, Roger Johnson, Paolo de Ceglie, Mathieu Bodmer, Sebastian Boesnich, James Milner, Daniel Sturridge, Aaron Hunt, Mimoun Azaouagh, Erik Pieters, Matuzalem, Guillaume Hoarau, Christian Schwegler, Raul Bobadilla, Cesar Azpilicueta, Javi Martinez, Martin Olsson, Fabrice Muamba, Simon Kjaer, Stefano Okaka

Oman (whitehead.10): Victor Valdes, Mario Balotelli, Sergio Asenjo, Mamadou Sakho, Kevin Nolan, Florent Sinama-Pongolle, Martin Galvan, Breno, Felipe, Hulk, Alberto Paloschi, Alphonse Areola, Toni Kroos, Moussa Sissoko, Sebastien Corchia, Titus Bramble, Pablo Mouche, Guilherme, Nigel Reo-Coker, Miles Addison, Javier Pastore, Diego Buonanotte, Jeremy Menez, Marco Andreolli, Henok Goitom, Jermaine Pennant

ON CLOCK: Oman

ROUND 27

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like UAE. Thanks.

It does happen IRL btw. Only that the players are not so high profile. Sebastian Soria is a Uruguayan who plays for Qatar, while the UAE (I think) once tried to court Ailton (he of Schalke and Werder Bremen fame).

My guess is that Bahrain is slightly more successful than those on the list (maybe), but only the TS knows.

Very true, hence also why the Saudi's are not in it.

Right, I'll use one of those random number generator's to set a draft order after dinner, then we're good to go. (48 hour time limit fine with everyone?)

Right, so in the order of application last number =

1 & 6 = Qatar

2 & 7 = UAE

3 & 8 = Kuwait

4 & 9 = Oman

5 & 0 = Jordan

numbers given by generator in order ended in:

0, (ignored)

So draft order is:

UAE

Jordan

Kuwait

Qatar

Oman

(P.S. Obviously it's serpentine draft so Oman get 2 picks in a row & it then goes the other way so UAE have two picks in a row etc.)

UAE are on the clock:

1 Final thing, for those that are going to look through player search for their players. The database is Large, All Middle East nationality players & the top flights of Argentina, Brazil, England, Germany, Holland, Italy, Portugal, Scotland, Spain & Turkey.

I'm allowing 48 hours because decision time may take ages on the account that I've just done myself a 'draft sheet' with 92 names on it & that might not carry me through as 35x5=175

Well, I don't think it'll matter too much for the 1st couple of rounds (we all know who the best uncapped players are & if they're not on my draft sheet I'll go into FM 10 & just check they ARE uncapped)

I know that Mikel Arteta is though, he was top of my midfielders in the draft list. I'll pick in a bit, I currently work on Luton Town games for voluntary radio so I'm a bit busy with editing the interview together!

Great idea Welwyn.

I also think this would make a superb challenge - people could select the 35 they wanted and edit the database and get cracking.

Anyway, KUTGW!

Yeah, although I think the multiple teams add an added dimension to trying to second guess who everyone else is going to pick next!

I feel like such a killjoy but Gonzalo Higuain was capped by Argentina twice last month in their last world cup qualifiers.

I think we're just gonna run by the caps from the time the database was made, as it's a bit annoying if players get capped afterwards.

what you reckon, could i take the spot or you going to offer it too GCB;

If i got the spot i would take Balotelli and Valdes

I'm always worried about inactiveness, however, you seem pretty active so go ahead.

Qatar back on the Clock

I feel like such a killjoy but Gonzalo Higuain was capped by Argentina twice last month in their last world cup qualifiers.
I think we're just gonna run by the caps from the time the database was made, as it's a bit annoying if players get capped afterwards.

Exactly Matt, 0 caps at time of the database on the game straight out of the box. (or in my case, straight after stream download)

Can we have a list (maybe in the opening post) of who's taken and to which country?

Cheers.

Set it up (see above)

Archived