We used to be good when Alex Ferguson was manager(But those days are gone)

redsardonyx

Just over 20 years ago Aberdeen were winning domestic and european trophies under the leadership of Alex Ferguson 20 years on and things couldnt be worse(or could they?.) With cut backs and lack of money the scottish league has become a joke and one of the biggest has been Aberdeen.

Only escaping relagation due to Falkirk not having a good enough stadium they have finished in the bottom few ever since. Alot have came and went since Ferguson left in 1986 Knox,Porterfield,Smith/Scott,Miller,Aitken,

Miller,Hegarty and Skovdahl have all failed to restore the glory days to pittodrie.

The latest in a long line of managerial changes sees Steve Paterson get the chop for the latest failure a 2nd bottom finish.

Aberdeen call a press conferance for 9am on the 5th of july 2003 who will the new boss be? the usual suspects were being linked to it,but Stewart Milne had a surprise for the fans.

The man the Dons would have to put there faith in was Barry Gunn.

After meeting some fans and the media the genral feeling is that there not happy with an unknown in charge but as long as ive got the chairmans backing ill stick to my job and try and win them over.

A meeting in the morning with my chairman tells me ill have 95k transfer budget and if i sell players ill only get half the money to invest on replacements.A 9.5million loan to the bank means we will lose 100k a month untill 2012 so paying big wages for players are out the question.The first freindly is only 2 days away so a good chance to see the team in action

and decide who has a future with me.

Im using champ 03/04 small data with all Scottish leagues,top 2 English leagues and Italy/Spain top leagues running.

Having read so many storys since joining the boards at the start of the year ive decided to do my own story any feedback would be appriciated and i hope if any one does read it you enjoy it.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just over 20 years ago Aberdeen were winning domestic and european trophies under the leadership of Alex Ferguson 20 years on and things couldnt be worse(or could they?.) With cut backs and lack of money the scottish league has become a joke and one of the biggest has been Aberdeen.

Only escaping relagation due to Falkirk not having a good enough stadium they have finished in the bottom few ever since. Alot have came and went since Ferguson left in 1986 Knox,Porterfield,Smith/Scott,Miller,Aitken,

Miller,Hegarty and Skovdahl have all failed to restore the glory days to pittodrie.

The latest in a long line of managerial changes sees Steve Paterson get the chop for the latest failure a 2nd bottom finish.

Aberdeen call a press conferance for 9am on the 5th of july 2003 who will the new boss be? the usual suspects were being linked to it,but Stewart Milne had a surprise for the fans.

The man the Dons would have to put there faith in was Barry Gunn.

After meeting some fans and the media the genral feeling is that there not happy with an unknown in charge but as long as ive got the chairmans backing ill stick to my job and try and win them over.

A meeting in the morning with my chairman tells me ill have 95k transfer budget and if i sell players ill only get half the money to invest on replacements.A 9.5million loan to the bank means we will lose 100k a month untill 2012 so paying big wages for players are out the question.The first freindly is only 2 days away so a good chance to see the team in action

and decide who has a future with me.

Im using champ 03/04 small data with all Scottish leagues,top 2 English leagues and Italy/Spain top leagues running.

Having read so many storys since joining the boards at the start of the year ive decided to do my own story any feedback would be appriciated and i hope if any one does read it you enjoy it.

Having had a look at the players in training its clear that the midfield area is the weakest but getting players to join the Dons is proving a challenge.A few free transfers made it quite clear that they had no intrest in joining the Dons.With 3 scouts avalible they were quickly given jobs 1 to scout next team 1 to scout Uk and Ire the other will look for suitable youths to sign.The 3 coaches and my assistant were given tasks with Jim Leighton taking keeper training Neil Cooper given the task of the youth development and Oshor Williams and assistant Duncan Shearer assigned to first team training.We will be looking for 1 or 2 new coaches during the season but we will be looking for unemployed staff due to not being able to afford compensation.

One day into the job and its down to Brechin for my first game in charge its really just an experimental side just now to see if anyone can catch my eye.

BRECHIN CITY 2 ABERDEEN 1FREINDLY

The First game in charge didnt leave me impressed it was poor,very poor.A good first half saw Scott Booth put the dons up 1-0 after 35mins.At Half Time alot of changes were made one bright spot in the 2nd half was Fergus Tiernan,His good performance was overshadowed by Phil McGuire recieving a red card and giving away a penalty.Brechins Kevin Fotheringham steped up to score and make it 1-1 on 67mins.A few half chances came and went then on the 89th min Fotheringham scored again to but Brechin up 2-1.It finished 2-1 Brechin and even though it was only my first friendly it shows me the job thats facing me.

With the 2nd friendly away to cowdenbeath still nothing has happened on the transfer front the scouts have gave me a few players that im looking into mostly from lower leagues of Scotland.There is intrest in a few of my players young star Kevin McNaughton is wanted by Aston Villa and another young player Zander Diamond is wanted by Everton so it will be hard to keep them at Pittodrie.

COWDENBEATH 2 ABERDEEN 1FREINDLY

The task is big here at Pittodrie with no money nobody intrested getting beat by 3rd division teams can the future really be bright with this squad somehow i dont think so.Taking the lead through Kevin Souter(32mins) it was 1 0 at half-time but that had been the Dons only shot on goal and it proved to be there only shot of the match as Cowdenbeath came back to win 2-1 with goals from Slaven and Wilson.Gunn really needs to start getting his players up for a fight as if they play like this its going to be a big long fight.

The scouts have found a few good players with 2 ive bid for Martin Prest Raith Rovers a forward left/centre ive started bidding at 16k and Martin Bavidge Peterhead who can score goals at any level ive bid 26k.

3rd freindly against Inverness Caley Thistle and still no new signings i might have to look at transfer list soon as the team really needs some new faces.

INVERNESS C THISTLE 1 ABERDEEN 1FREINDLY

A better performance but still a long way to go Darren Mackie using his pace to put Aberdeen up 1-0(47mins) but the concentration went again and Mackinnon scored to make it 1-1(66mins) there are still a few friendlys to go before the league kick off its just a race against time trying to sign anyone now before it starts.

Peterhead have asked for 30k for Martin Bavidge plus Raith have asked for 52k with 12k paid now 40k over 12 months for Martin Prest.A few players have been offered a season loan but Gunn wont reveal his plans as he know what can happen when naming targets.Peterhead is the next team up and things seem to be moving on the transfer front as positive feedback from teams means its up to the players to decide if they want to come on loan or not.

PETERHEAD 2 ABERDEEN 1FREINDLY

David Zdrillic scored a goal after 7mins only for it to be pegged back 2mins later by Raeside(9 mins) then the first half went with not much more clear chances.Then after half time the quility showed the quility of Peterheads striker Bavidge who scored the winner after 67mins.If all goes well Bavidge will be an Aberdeen player next week and scoring goals for us instead of against us.

After the game Aston Villa state how much they like McNaughton but Hands off Villa are told but i think id be forced to sell if they bid high enough.A Bid for Bavidge has been accepted and he will consider the contract ive offered.

McNaughton states that he will listen to any offer Villa make so i expect a bid is coming soon.

Next up is a home friendly against sunderland this will be the last experimental line up before picking what i think is my best team.

ABERDEEN 1 Sunderland 1FREINDLY

0-0 at half time and only one shot on target for each team.The second half was a little better with Mackie scoring a header after 64mins.Mackie had another chance but it was saved by the keeper but Aberdeen actually looked like a solid unit the only problem being the lack of a creative midfield player.

with two freindlies left there should be some new players in by next week.Things are looking slightly brighter at Pittodrie if only i can keep a hold of my defence i should be ok.

A contract has been offered to Prest but with him being non eu the red tape could hold up the move.On the same day Bavidge agrees a deal with Aberdeen to become the first signing.McNaughton also signs a new four year contract which is good news for the Dons fans.

On the day Bavidge arrives for 30k Paulinho an Arsenal reserve midfielder agrees to join on loan for the season.Aston Villa youngster Luke Moore has agreed a year long deal too,hes a useful forward can play in midfield too if needed.The players i have loaned this week will be on trial during the last 2 friendlys if they play poor they could get sent back.

Another Arsenal reserve player joins the club on loan Jerome Thomas a forward with alot of talent can play in midfield if asked will be a big help to Aberdeens cause.

Prest accepts the contract just waiting for the work permit paper work to go through.Everton make a laughable bid for McNaughton of 600k.

Just in time for the friendly against Clyde Prest gets his paper work for his permit through so hes clear to play with only two games left to impress nows the time to stand up and be counted.After the friendlys i will sit and asses my squad and decide who will play a part or not but theyve still got two games to impress me.

CLYDE 1 ABERDEEN 3FRIENDLY

17 mins gone and Aberdeen were down 1-0 as Anderson handballed in the area smith stepped up to convert the penalty.They were to equalise on 42 mins through debut man Bavidge.A even first half with both teams enjoying 4 shots each.The second half started well for Aberdeen with paulinho scoring in 49mins.Aberdeen showed they can play a bit in the second half and went 3-1 up through Bavidge(75mins.) Although the Dons created more chances the score stayed 3-1 to the delight of thier boss who is happy with the overall performance in this game with Chris Clark getting a meantion for a good display.

Season title odds are in and they dont look good 40-1 ive been quoted at,which the bookmakers say the highest i can expect is mid-table finish.They maybe have a point my chairman expects me to battle to avoid relagation and the supporters want mid-table finish but my aim is for the top six i dont want to set myself to much of a goal for the first season so to be in the top six by the league split would be a good platform to build on.With the last friendly just under a week away and the season only two weeks away i set the players a test with thier last opponents French giants Bordeaux.A home tie so the fans can run there eye over the team before the big kick off.

The scout has heard big things about Stirlings Stewart Devine a 19 yr old midfield left/centre so ive started the bidding at 1k as thats his value i have asked for some further scouting of this player aswell.

Aberdeen have been rocked by the news that there skipper is out for two weeks and will miss the opening game of the season Russell Anderson is out with a broken toe.

The 1k bid for Devine has been accepted and he has been offered a contract as a decent youngster if he plays well for the reserves then i wont be scared to throw him in at the deep end.Another loan bid will be made to use up our limit of four as money is tight plus the bigger clubs will still pay the youngsters wages.The last friendly is here the last chance saloon for alot of players. After this game i will asses the squad and give the players thats going the bad news and change all squad status to how i will use them during the season.

ABERDEEN 0 BORDEAUX 0FRIENDLY

0-0 at half time and only one half chance each the 8000 crowd will be wanting more for there money in the 2nd half.Did they get it? No they never one more shot on target is all they got. Gunn was over the moon with the defence without injured Anderson,young Zander Diamond standing out as a excellent prospect for the future.

With a week to go until the season starts its time to look at my squad and find who i cant work with or more importantly who i can.

ABERDEEN FC THE TEAM

Goalkeepers

JAMES BLANCHARD age 17:-After asking my trusted assistant about this one we came to the conclusion that he will not stay at the club and will be freed.16k compensation paid.

RYAN ESSON age 23:-Will be back-up keeper this year but will have to do something special to win a new contract as he is in the last year of his.

DAVID HUTTON age 18:-As my Goalkeeper coach and assistant pointed out this player is not needed and will leave on a free.8k compensation paid.

DAVID PREECE age 26:-First choice and will be hard to move as the competition is weak should look to hold on to the first team jersey all year.

The overall felling is that i need another keeper to keep Preece and Esson on thier toes. If a keeper does come in it will have to be a very cheap one at around 5-10k.

Defenders

FULL BACKS.

MICHAEL HART age 23 RB:-Didnt really impress in friendlys but has done well in training so he will get a place in first team squad but wont just walk into the team.

MURRAY MCCULLOCH age 19 RB:-Looks good so ive put him up for loan as hes young and lacks first team experience.

STEPHEN PAYNE age 19 RB:-Lacks first team experience but will fight Hart for the first team spot all the way.

KEVIN MCNAUGHTON age 20 RB/LB:-Can play both sides which is handy and will be the star full back this year.He will probabaly start off in right back before Hart.

JAMIE MCQUILKEN age 28 LB:-In as first choice left back although if he fails to shine he will be dropped just as quick.

SCOTT MORRISON age 19 LB:-I like this guy he will challenge for the left back place in the next few years if he can breakthrough this year then brilliant.

CENTRE BACKS

RUSSELL ANDERSON age 24 CB:-First choice and will be expecting him to be around the scotland squad by the end of the season.

ERIC DELOUMEAUX age 30 CB:-Even though a talented lad ive had to tell him hes not needed anymore and will be avalible for transfer.

ALEXANDER DIAMOND age 18 CB:-This man is going to be a star in a few years maybe try and loan him out for vital experience.

MARKUS HEIKKINEN age 24 CB:-Markus is a good player and will help the dons battle in midfield even though his main position is defence the 24 yr old looks comfortable in midfield.He might be asked to play defence at times only if Diamond goes on loan.

CRAIG HIGGINS age 18 CB:-Duncan Shearer my assistant agrees that this man has no future here.12k compensation paid.

DUNCAN JONES age 19 CB:-Not needed on his way for free.compensation paid 7k.

PHIL MCGUIRE age 23 CB:-Will partner Anderson in defence.Will have to cut out the stupidity that saw him red carded in a friendly match.

KEVIN RUTKIEWICZ age 23 CB:-He has been told to find another club and has been put on transfer list.

The defence is strong but a few injuries could spoil that hopefully the scout will find a player playing in the lower leagues or the last loan place could go to a defender.

Midfilders

RICHARD BUCKLEY age 18 MD L/C:-A decent young player ill try and loan him to see what he can do in a first team.

CHRIS CLARK age 22 MD R/L:-Although 22 my coaching staff are training him to play in the centre as he could be a wonderful player and creater of goals for the club.

RICHARD FOSTER age 18 MD C:-Ive put him up for loan but ill be keeping a close eye and if he is slacking off hes out.

GRANT FRAZER age 18 MD C:-No future at this club released on a free.Paid 7k compensation.

SCOTT MUIRHEAD age 19 MD L:-A bright one this lad he will be retrained for the centre to utilise his abilities.He might get offered for loan one retrained.

PAULINHO age 20 MD C:-Will play a part in creating the chances for the strikers he can hit a mean free kick too.

PAUL SHEERIN age 28 MD L/C:-Will be kept as he offers alot in the area of midfield not the fastest in the world but a good passer.

KEVIN SOUTER age 19 MD C:-a Good young lad he will be up for loan to try and get vital experience he will need it if he is going to make it.

FERGUS TIERNAN age 21 MD C:-Will be pushing hard for a first team place and with the right attitude could be a star in the next few years.

STEVE TOSH age 30 MD R/C:-Will be kept like Sheerin as he has something to offer with his passing and teamwork skills.

With me opting to go 4-3-3 there should be plenty of players in midfield to compete i dont know who my first 3 will be yet but i think i can pick out of that bunch.The first few league games will tell me who really wants the jersey and who dosnt but ive got a good idea myself and that players will be closley watched at all times.

FORWARDS

ANDREW BAGSHAW age 15 FWD C:-This is a man that can go to the top if hes looked after right.He has all the talent in the world already and hes only 15 only time will tell if hes good enough to make the grade.

MARTIN BAVIDGE age 23 S C:-Bought from Peterhead after a tip off from the scouts i expect this man to feature big this season alot of pressure but he can handle it.

MICHEAL BIRD age 19 S C:-Listed,not needed.No talent there at all.

SCOTT BOOTH age 31 FWD C:-Really dissapointing so far hes in the squad but will be lucky to be first picked.

LEIGH HINDS age 24 S C:-For some reason i like this guy he will get his chance to prove himeself.

MICHELE LOMBARDI age 17 F C:-Another great young player up for loan to get some games under his belt.

DARREN MACKIE age 21 F R/C:-Could be a great player too but has been held back last few years ill give him a fair crack.

LUKE MOORE age 17 F R/L/C:-Bought for mainly cover in attack and midfield but might force his way into the team.

JAMES MORGAN age 17 S C:-Another potential star put up for loan.

MARTIN PREST age 24 F L/C:-will be a main player this year scoring and supplying chances from the forward positions.

STEPHEN TARDITI age 18 S C:-freed,not needed.Paid 7k compensation.

JEROME THOMAS age 20 F L/C:-A bit injury prone but when he is playing he should be a help on the pitch with his pace and dribbling.

DAVID ZDRILLIC age 29 S C:-I really dont think i need him but he has a work permit so im going for the quick sell.Hes listed at £0.

The forwards look strong if only they can show there finishing skills on the pitch it should be a good season for the Dons fans.The only problem is Zdrillic having a work permit,so im planning to get rid of him quick to save the bother with him later.

Hi, I am an Aberdeen fan and will follow this with interest. I like your dealings in the transfer market and await your league reports.

At the moment I am playing as Peterhead and Martin Bavidge is the man for me. Paired with Martin Johnson he hasn't stopped knocking them in all season.

Realistically, what are you aiming for in your first season? Top six, Europe, good cup runs?

Good Luck! icon_smile.gif

Thanks Stewie in my first season im looking to finish in the top six if i make that i will be happy as for the cups i will try my best to go all the way but the old firm could have a say in that.

Two coaches were offered contracts today with Paul Hegarty being offered a chance to come back to the club and Dutchman Paul Krabbe has also been offered a contract.Hegarty will play a big part in youth development at Pittodrie if he joins teaming up with Neil Cooper to make sure the young talent reach there potential.Krabbe will work with the first team squad.

Stirlings Stewart Devine joins the club for 1k.The 19 yr old midfielder L/C will go into the reserves to try and prove himself.He signs a 3 year deal so i hope by then he is a full first team player.

Paul Hegarty agrees to re-join the club which is good news for the young players.Paul Krabbe agrees a deal also and will work with the first team.

Two days before the season kick-off Everton ask how much id like for Diamond and they are told he wont be going anywhere and reject there advance.W.B.A are told the same as they make a 30k bid.I just hope Diamond can ignore all the transfer talk and concentrate on his football.

Sunderlands Mark Rossiter joins on loan the defender can play on the right or in the centre and will be back up to the first team.With 4 loans already in it looks like this will be the team for the season unless i can get a cheap goalkeeper in.

The Head scout has been watching Hearts and has told me they have a first-rate team.He added that Andy Kirks pace could cause problems in an attacking 4-4-2 formation.

Ive decided to play a 4-3-3 formation trying to play deep and hit on the counter.

ABERDEEN LINE UP:-

Preece,McNaughton,McQuilken,Deloumeaux ©,Heikkinen,Clark,Paulinho,Sheerin,Mackie,Bavidge,Prest.

SUB:-Esson,Rossiter,Tiernan,Tosh,Hinds.

ABERDEEN 4 HEARTS 2PREMIER LEAGUE

With only a minute gone Aberdeen were down one nil Webster with a long header clear found de Vries who lashed home a half volley.Chances fell to both teams with Mackie and de Vries both failing to hit the net after clean through.On the stroke of half time a scramble in midfield saw the ball fall to Bavidge he kept his cool and slotted home for 1-1(45mins.) Just after half-time Paul Sheerin went on a run down the left and cut inside to enter the box only to be stopped by Pressley.Illegally.A pen it was and Sheerin stepped up to score his 1st of the season(49mins.)Aberdeen fans were treated to something special on the 56th minute Webster cleared the ball only to hit Mackie and fall to Paulinho and the midfielder sent a curling shot right into the top corner from 20 yards out.As Hearts looked to get back into the game they threw men forward and when Prest Bavidge and Mackie broke clear against 3 defenders the dons scored again,Prest with the cross Bavidges header was saved by keeper Gordon only for Mackie to tap in the rebound(64mins.)Mackie scored again only for it to be disallowed for offside in the 70th minute.A few half chances fell for both teams before de Vries scored his second of the game(88mins.)

REF:-David Somers

YELLOW CARDS:-Clark(Aberdeen)

RED CARDS:-None

MAN OF THE MATCH:-Darren Mackie(Aberdeen)

ATTENDANCE:-16820

After the super victory over Hearts the board tell me they were extremely pleased with the result.Its a good way to start the season a win and praise from the board but i know how quick all that can change.

A few Young goalkeepers have been scouted and will be scouted further in a view to bringing one in Mark Brown from Caley Thistle the best of the bunch.

The scout has been watching Livingston this week and reports that they are a first-rate side with alot of pace in their attack.He dosnt meantion any star players to watch for.

Preece,McNaughton,McQuilken,Anderson©,McGuire,Clark,Paulinho,Sheerin,Mackie,Bavidge,Prest.

SUB:-Esson,Deloumeaux,Tosh,Heikkinen,Hinds.

ABERDEEN 5 LIVINGSTON 0PREMIER LEAGUE

Aberdeen showed how hard it will be for visiting teams to pick up points at Pittodrie.It all started in the 4th minute when Clark set up Mackie who scored with a volley.Only 5mins later it was two for both Mackie and Aberdeen Paulinhos free kick was saved onto the bar and for the second game running Mackie was there to tap in(9mins.)It stayed 2-0 until the 56th minute then Prest played a wonderful through ball to Bavidge He side stepped the keeper and slotted home 3-0(57mins.)On 72 minutes Bavidge repayed Prest with a header that found Prest at an impossible angle but somehow Prest drilled a low shot in at the near post.A few subs made Tosh on for Paulinho and Hinds on for Prest(80mins.)The last goal was a cracker Aberdeen won a free kick about 25 yards out and Paul Sheerin scores his second goal of the season with a perfect strike straight from the kick(90mins.)

YELLOW CARDS:-Prest(Aberdeen)McNamee,McGovern,Ipoua(Livingston)

MAN OF THE MATCH:-Darren Mackie

ATTENDANCE:-13767

After 2 games Mackies pace is meaning he is getting into good positions and he is causing teams real problems ill be hoping he can keep this form up for the forseable future.Paulinho is also catching the eye with some of the players already saying i should try and sign him as he is listed at his club Arsenal,the only problem being is the 80k price tag ill keep him for the season and then see if i can get him for a bit less.With two away games in a row now it will be hard to keep this form up but ill stick with the defensive 4-3-3 as it seems to suit the team.

Aston Villa want McNaughton again and have asked how much the Dons want,2.5mill is a fair price and thats what Villa are told.Villa quickly withdraw thier bid.

The scout has been watching Dunfermline this week and found out that they play an atacking 3-5-2 with Gary Dempsey being a potent threat in attack.

Preece,McNaughton,McQuilken,Anderson©,McGuire,Clark,Paulinho,Sheerin,Mackie,Bavidge,Prest.

SUB:-Esson,Rossiter,Tosh,Heikkinen,Hinds.

DUNFERMLINE 0 ABERDEEN 2PREMIER LEAGUE

Dunfermline will feel hard done by in the first half having been the better team by a mile.Having had Nicholson injured in 5mins Dunfermline hit the bar and the post but couldnt find the back of the net.Aberdeen had one chance but a Bavidge shot was saved by Stille.Aberdeen came out in the second half and had an early break as Mackie run clear on the right,he chipped the ball into Bavidge who scored from 10 yards for Aberdeen(46mins.)Then two minutes later Bavidge played a nice through ball and Mackies pace was enough for him to dribble into the box with the ball and as the keeper came to meet him he rolled the ball in to a empty net(48mins.)That was infact Aberdeens only chances in the second half but they took them both.Dunfermline had chances through Dempsey and Hunt but they fired over the bar from close range.

REF:-Willie Young

YELLOW CARDS:-Bullen,Mcdermott(Dunfermline)

MAN OF THE MATCH:-David Preece(Aberdeen)

ATTENDANCE:-10147

The defensive display against Dunfermline was top class with David Preece getting man of the match due to the part he played.The finishing was brilliant aswell as we only had three shots on target and managed to convert two.

Micheal Bird has been catching my eye with some good displays for the reserves a goal in his last game and a man of the match done him no harm.At 19 years old Bird will be looking to push for a first team place soon.

The scouts have been sent out one will stay in scotland and one to uk and ire again to try and find a cheap goalkeeper.

Darren Mackie gets rewarded for his performances with a Scotland under 21 call up.

There are also call ups to the full team for Russell Anderson and Kevin McNaughton with Markus Heikkinen called up for Finland.

Dundee are next up and the scout reports that they play with a direct 4-3-3 formation and he notes to watch for winger Carranza.

SUB:-Esson,Rossiter,Tosh,Heikkinen,Hinds.

DUNDEE 0 ABERDEEN 3PREMIER LEAGUE

It was Dundee who made the first few chances as Novo shot over and Rae hit the post in the first 10 minutes.In the 30th minute Dundee player Bain had to come off injured and after having the better of the opening play Jim Duffy decided to replace the defender with attacker Steve Lovell.Bad mistake as in the 32nd minute Ravanelli pushed Russell Anderson at a corner,Penalty,Bavidge stepped up to score the pen.Only 3mins later Dundee were left open again as Anderson played a long ball over the top Prest run on to it and finished it off nicely(35mins.)Dundee failed to get into it after the injury and went further down after the break.The man that can do no wrong just now Darren Mackie picked up a loose ball and a powerful run ended with a goal as he continues his good run of form(53mins.)Aberdeen could have had one or two more goals but three is more than enough to get the points.

REF:-Douglas McDonald

YELLOW CARDS:-Wilkie(Dundee)Paulinho,Sheerin(Aberdeen)

MAN OF THE MATCH:-Prest(Aberdeen)

ATTENDANCE:-9651

As the transfer deadline passes the first monthly awards are handed out and a trip for me and Darren Mackie.Me to pick up the manager of the month award and Darren the young player of the month award.Paulinho gets rewarded for his moment of magic and gets goal of the month.

A dream start for the Dons but a real hard one next as the visit of Rangers will test the defensive qualities of the team,After a good start i expect there to be a near full capacity at the next game.

The scout has watched Rangers in the last few days and found that they play a normal 4-3-3 formation with Lovenkrands causing all sorts of problems with his pace on the wings.He also says there team is exceptional and will fight for everything

Preece,McNaughton,McQuilken,Anderson©,McGuire,Clark,Heikkinen,Sheerin,Mackie,Hinds,Prest.

SUB:-Esson,Deloumeaux,Tosh,Paulinho,Thomas.

ABERDEEN 1 RANGERS 0PREMIER LEAGUE

A rather poor first half sees only one shot on target and it was Rangers who nearly stole the lead with a Micheal Ball free kick that was well saved by Preece.The second half was a better half with Preece a busy man in goals keeping his team in it with a few important saves.Some subs were made Tosh on for Heikkenen and Thomas on for Mackie(62mins.)When Prest was fouled by Ross on the halfway line there wasnt any real danger,Tosh played it long towards the area Anderson rose above Hughes but Klos saved well corner kick,Sheerin flights the ball in this time and as Anderson and Hughes go up Hughes pushes Anderson the ref points to the spot.Emerson is not happy and makes it known to the ref and he gets a word in his ear for his troubles.Leigh Hinds steps up and scores to send the fans wild(84mins).Emerson and co are still complaining to the ref about the pen but they quickly regroup to send a last assault at my goal,Lovenkrands tried his best and was unlucky to end up on the losing side.Capucho missed a glorious chance to make it 1-1 in the 88th minute as Lovenkrands laid it to him on a plate but a weak shot gave Preece time to get across and save on the line.The Dons hold on for three points but the trip down to Glasgow will be a daunting one.

REF:-Kenny Clark

YELLOW CARDS:-None

MAN OF THE MATCH:-David Preece(Aberdeen)

ATTENDANCE:-20252

Thanks for the kind words guys.I think the good start to the season is me being able to field my best team in all the league games except for the first game where McGuire was suspended and Anderson was out injured.When the defence are all together they look strong i just hope injuries and suspensions dont spoil things too much.

The chairman is quick to praise me for the Rangers game but im quick to point out that Rangers were the better team and if they took there chances we would have lost.

Aberdeen will enter the league cup in the second round with a hard trip to play Queen of the South at Palmerston.

A Saturday off sees international games take place with Russell Anderson playing from the start for Scotland,in an easy win against the Faroe Islands(4-0.)

The scouts have been busy and i took the free week to have a look at some of the names he gave me and one or two will be looked at further over the coming months but still no keeper in our price range.Michael McIndoe of Doncaster has really impressed me after being watched for a few weeks we will continue to view him and he could make a january move for around 20k.

Russell Anderson featured for Scotland again in a 2-0 defeat by Germany he also picked up a slight knock in the game but he should be fine for saturday.Markus Heikkinen played for Finland in one of thier two games.

A Day before the Motherwell trip loan player Jerome Thomas dislocated his shoulder and will be out for two months a big blow for the Dons after just getting him back.If he hasnt found his fitness by january he will be sent back to his club.

The scout reports that Motherwell play a 3-5-2 formation with Steven Craig a tricky forward they also have a combative and hard-working midfield he also meantions they are strong at home.

Preece,McNaughton,McQuilken©,Heikkinen,McGuire,Clark,Paulinho,Sheerin,Mackie,Hinds,Prest.

SUB:-Esson,Rossiter,Tosh,Muirhead,Bavidge.

MOTHERWELL 0 ABERDEEN 2PREMIER LEAGUE

I think the scout got the wrong report for this one as Motherwell didnt look strong or hard-working.They did create the first chance with Pearson beating a few players before finding Clarkson in the box but his shot hit the upright and went out of play.Then with the resulting goal kick a header on from Clark in midfield found Mackie who had space to run in he managed to dribble into the box and laid it to Prest who tapped the ball in 1-0(4mins.)Aberdeen were then awarded thier forth pen this season when Heikkinen put a long free kick into the box and Kinninburgh pushed Paulinho in the box,Sheerin steps up and sends the keeper the wrong way and scores(23mins.)Leigh Hinds had a few half chances but couldnt hit the target.Subs were made Tosh on for Clark,Muirhead on for Paulinho and Bavidge on for Hinds(all 70 mins.)Stephen Pearson looked a threat everytime he recieved the ball for Motherwell although the rest of the team looked like they didnt want to be there.The game finished 2-0 and a deserved win for Aberdeen who has a minor injury worry over keeper Preece.

REF:-Stuart Dougal

YELLOW CARDS:-Dair,Burns,Pearson(Motherwell)Clark(Aberdeen)

MAN OF THE MATCH:-Prest(Aberdeen)

ATTENDANCE:-9745

Preece is only out for a day with bruising and Russell Anderson should make it back for the next game.The press are making a big fuss over the start ive made i just hope that it will not affect the players too much.

James Morgan is impressing for the under 19s with four goals in five games.If he keeps it up he will get a place on the bench against Queen of the South in the league cup.

Partick Thistle away next they normally play a 3-5-2 and are a weak team the scout points out that they have still to score a point this season.

SUB:-Esson,Rossiter,Tosh,Heikkeinen,Hinds.

PARTICK TH 0 ABERDEEN 3PREMIER LEAGUE

Relagation favourites Partick dont look like a premier division team and they wont be next year going on this performance.Six minutes were on the clock when Paulinho was carried off the park after a challenge from Howie,He was replaced by Heikkinen.It was all Aberdeen and they got rewarded for their good play on the 41 st minute Bavidge was bundled down in the box for Aberdeens fifth penalty in seven games,Bavidge himself stepped up to score from the spot.An injury time corner from Sheerin caused all sorts of problems and in the scramble Prest fired home for 2-0(45mins.)The second half was much the same with Aberdeen looking good throughout.McNaughton who had a brilliant game in right back turned provider when he made a run down the right in 54 minutes,beating a few men on the way he sent a lovely pass into Mackies feet Mackie was left one on one with the keeper and he fired his shot low to into the corner 3-0.No news on Paulinhos injury yet,We expect to find out tommorow once the physio has a proper look at him.

REF:-John Underhill

YELLOW CARDS:-Anis,Rowson(Partick Th)Mackie,Prest(Aberdeen)

MAN OF THE MATCH:-Kevin McNaughton(Aberdeen)

ATTENDANCE:-6468

The physio reports that i should send Paulinho to a knee specialist for 4 weeks to cure the problems with his knee ligaments i agree and paulinho is out for a month.

Next game is up quickly a mid week cup game against Queen of the South.The scout reports they have a reasonable team but ill use it as a chance to give a few fringe players a run out and rest the players thats done so well in the league.Preece dosnt make it so Esson will get a chance in goals.

Esson,Hart,McQuilken,Diamond,McGuire,Tosh©,Tiernan,Muirhead,Bagshaw,Hinds,Booth.

SUB:-Hughes,Rossiter,Sherrin,Clark,Morgan.

QUEEN OF THE SOUTH 1 ABERDEEN 2LEAGUE CUP 2ND ROUND

Queen of the South started with a bang scoring with only 4 minutes on the clock a wonderful strike after a McQuilken mistake by Jaconelli put Queens in the driving seat.It was Queens who looked the better team and that continued right through the first half but the score ramained 1-0.It was still looking bad for Aberdeen when Gunn made some subs Morgan came on for Bagshaw(both having top team debut)Clark replaced Booth and Sheerin replaced Tiernan(64mins.)With Aberdeens second chance on goal they pulled level Sheerin started the move with a ball to Morgan who put the ball into the box for Hinds to volley home(81mins.)Queens could have won it in the last minute but a great save by Esson and good defending at the resulting corner saved the Dons from going out.Extra time and Queens wont lie down pushing the game all the way.Then a quick break by Clark on the left created some space he chipped the ball into Morgan who powered a shot past the keeper 2-1(96mins.)Diamond pulls off an important tackle as Queens looked to get back into it.Tosh was to go off injured(112mins) and with all the subs used we will finish the game with ten men.Aberdeen hold on and will be in the draw for the third round but Gunn knows how lucky they are.

REF:-Mark Mackay

YELLOW CARDS:-Aitken,McAlpine(Queens)Hart,Morgan(Aberdeen)

MAN OF THE MATCH:-Leigh Hinds(Aberdeen)

ATTENDANCE:-1619

After that last game even though a victory I thought I would make an example of Scott Booth and criticise him for his performance,as one of the highest earners at the club his performance was unacceptable and he has been transfer listed with immediate affect.

Hinds,Morgan and Diamond all done well but it will be back into the under 19s for the two youngsters.Hinds performance could win him a place in the starting 11 next game.

The physio has reported that Toshs injury will see him out of action for 4 weeks.Tosh broke his wrist in the league cup match.

The League cup 3rd round draw sees another away tie for the Dons.This round they will travel down to Broadwood stadium to play Clyde.

Kilmarnock up next and the scout reports they have an exceptional team,they play a 3-5-2 and have a quick attacking line.

Esson,McNaughton,McQuilken,Anderson©,McGuire,Clark,Heikkeinen,Sheerin,Mackie,Hinds,Prest.

SUB:-Hughes,Rossiter,Muirhead,Tiernan,Bavidge.

ABERDEEN 1 KILMARNOCK 0PREMIER LEAGUE

Aberdeen were unlucky not to be up before half time Prest and Mackie missing good chances.The second half failed to liven up and the introuduction of some subs failed to spark anything positive either,Muirhead coming on for Sheerin and Bavidge coming on for Hinds(70mins.)Aberdeen scored against the run of play when a long ball was played over the top only for Mackie to be on the end of it.Goal(84mins.)Killie threw a few long balls forward but the defence coped with them well with McGuire in superb form.Another win for the Dons leaves us five points clear at the top but over the next three games i face Celtic and Hibs who are second and third in the league.

YELLOW CARDS:-McNaughton(Aberdeen)Dillon(Kilmarnock)

MAN OF THE MATCH:-Markus Heikkinen(Aberdeen)

ATTENDANCE:-18358

No fresh injury worries after the game but still no Preece,Tosh,Thomas and Paulinho.

The 1st of october brings another manager of the month award but Gunn thinks these awards are pointless and lets the gathering media know his thoughts.

Call ups for Darren Mackie and Fergus Tiernan to the Scotland under 21 set up.

Russell Anderson and Kevin McNaughton keep there place in the Scotland full squad.

A player has been offered a contract in a view to joining as player/coach i will not give any names away yet but i hope to have news on this by next week.

A visit to easter road up next and a determined Hibs side the opponents.They play a direct 5-3-2 formation with alot of pace through out the team.Brown has been singled out as a real danger.

Preece,McNaughton,McQuilken,Anderson©,McGuire,Clark,Heikkeinen,Sheerin,Mackie,Bavidge,Prest.

SUB:-Esson,Rossiter,Muirhead,Tiernan,Hinds.

HIBS 1 ABERDEEN 1PREMIER LEAGUE

In a pretty even first half both teams failed to make any real chances on goal.It was Hibs who looked the more likley to score in the second half as they created good chances early in the half.They were rewarded for thier good play in the 56th minute as Barr played the ball to Orman he let fly from distance only for Preece to parry it out to Brown who tapped it home for 1-0.Some subs were introduced as Anderson has a slight knock.Rossiter on for Anderson,Tiernan on for Heikkinen(64mins.)Tiernan was up for it when he came on and looked like he could create something and he did.A ball from McNaughton found Tiernan he turned with the ball and sent a lovely pass to Bavidge who needed only two touches to score(84mins.)The time ticked away as both teams tried to find a winner but there was no way through for either team.

REF:-Hugh Dallas

YELLOW CARDS:-Smith(Hibs)Prest(Aberdeen)

MAN OF THE MATCH:-Scott Brown(Hibs)

ATTENDANCE:-16072

Thanks for the kind words.Much appreciated.

After the Hibs game the physio informs me that Russell Anderson is really struggling with his groin,I speak with Russell and we send him to the specialist.Anderson is out for 3 weeks.

We also learn that Prest has passed his yellow card limit and will miss the next match.

Some news on the goalkeeper front,one has been brought in and will work as a coach aswell.I didnt want to release to much details before as that man is Andy Goram the former Rangers man.At 39 years old he will act as back up for the first team for the rest of the season after that he will concentrate on the coaching side of things.He had no club which meant we could sign him now for free.

Kevin McNaughton came on as a sub for Scotland in thier 1-0 win over Lithuania,Andersons injury means he had to withdraw from the squad.

A day before the Dundee United game the Dons are happy to see Paulinho join in training again although he wont feature in the game its good to see him back.

A Home tie to Dundee united up next and the scout reports they play with a 5-3-2 sweeper formation he says they are a strong team who will battle hard.

Preece,McNaughton,McQuilken,Diamond,McGuire©,Clark,Tiernan,Sheerin,Mackie,Bavidge,Bagshaw.

SUB:-Goram,Rossiter,Muirhead,Heikkinen,Hinds.

ABERDEEN 1 DUNDEE UNITED 0PREMIER LEAGUE

Aberdeen were off to a dream start as 15 year old Bagshaw scored his first senior goal for the club,a Clark header hit the woodwork and landed at his feet and he calmly placed it into the corner of the net 1-0(2mins.)Dundee United tried to get back into it,Kerr was thier main man in midfield pulling the strings but his team mates couldnt finish the chances he was creating,Samuel and McInnes missing good oppertunitys.Bad news on the 39th minute when McGuire is carried off with a bad looking injury the Dons are forced to make a sub.Rossiter comes on for the injured McGuire.

Zander Diamond is showing signs of being a top class defender making some crucial interceptions in the second half.Heikkinen came on for Tiernan and Hinds came on for Bavidge(59mins.)Dundee United should have scored an equaliser in the 76th minute.Kerr with a lovely ball to Samuel left Samuel clean through but his shot rebounded off the bar then was cleared to safety by Diamond.The game finished 1-0 but i think Dundee United will feel they deserved a point.The injury to McGuire is a big concern and we will have to wait for the swelling to go down before we know how serious it is.

YELLOW CARDS:-McQuilken,Sheerin,Bagshaw(Aberdeen)Griffin,Duff,Kerr(Dundee U)

MAN OF THE MATCH:-Chris Clark(aberdeen)

ATTENDANCE:-19115

We learn that McGuire wont be out his ankle took a bad knock but thats all he is free to train on monday.

The way youngsters Diamond and Bagshaw handled themselves last game was brilliant this two young lads have really got the potential to go all the way.Diamond will keep his place in the next game with Bagshaw possibly on the bench.At only 15 i dont want to burn Bagshaw out but i will give him first team experience to help with his progress.

Steve Tosh returns to training just in time to be part of the squad that faces Celtic.

The scout tells me Celtic play a direct 3-5-2 formation they have a world class team and they have a pacey front line.

Preece,McNaughton,McQuilken,Diamond,McGuire©,Clark,Paulinho,Sheerin,Mackie,Bavidge,Prest.

SUB:-Goram,Rossiter,Muirhead,Heikkinen,Bagshaw.

CELTIC 3 ABERDEEN 1PREMIER LEAGUE

Aberdeen drew first blood in this top of the table clash with Mackie setting up Bavidge for a wonderfully taken goal(15mins.)Celtic started to play after the goal and were level in the 23rd minute,Petrov picked out Agathe who beat Sheerin before powering a shot into the roof of the net 1-1.Celtic kept the pressure on Aberdeen and scored again through Alan Thompson.Agathe doing the hard work this time and crossing for Thompson who finished with a diving header 2-1(34mins.)Celtic were to complete the victory in the second half with a fine goal set up by Petrov,He nodded the ball to Larsson who took one touch to control the next touch to score 3-1(59mins.)Aberdeen threw on some subs to try and change the game.Heikkinen,Muirhead and Bagshaw on for Clark,Paulinho and Bavidge(75mins.)They struggled to get into the game as Celtic held on to the ball for the rest of the match.Celtic win 3-1 to go top of the league on goal diffarence and show the Dons just how much of a gap their is between the quality of the squads.

REF:-John Rowbotham

YELLOW CARDS:-Williams(Celtic)Clark,Prest(Aberdeen)

MAN OF THE MATCH:-Joos Valgaeren(Celtic)

ATTENDANCE:-52833

A bad performance saw the team in on Sunday to watch a video of the game.We need to stay focused after a bad defeat as their is a cup game in midweek.

No fresh injury worries and the good news is that Russell Anderson can join in training this week and could be fully fit for saturday.

League cup 3rd round up next Clyde the opposition they play a 3-4-3 formation and are a determined team after the last game the Dons will look to get back to winning ways.

Preece,McNaughton,McQuilken,Diamond,McGuire©,Paulinho,Heikkinen,Sheerin,Mackie,Bavidge,Bagshaw.

SUB:-Goram,Rossiter,Muirhead,Tienrnan,Morgan.

CLYDE 0 ABERDEEN 3LEAGUE CUP 3RD ROUND

Niether team took control in the opening stages and just as both teams settled Aberdeen scored.Sheerin fired a free kick at goal which was saved by the keeper only for McNaughton to slide it in for his first goal of the season(20mins.)The first half didnt throw up too many chances and at half time Morgan comes on for Bavidge(45mins.)It took Morgan all of two minutes to make his mark,Mackie doing the leg work and crossing for Morgan who had an easy tap in 2-0(47mins.)Mackie turned provider again as he sent a ball to Heikkinen who sent a long drive crashing past the keeper 3-0(58mins.)Aberdeen made some more subs to give others a run out,Rossiter and Tiernan came on for Heikkinen and McGuire.Clyde did make the odd chance but the Dons looked the stronger team and was rarely troubled it finished 3-0.

YELLOW CARDS:-Ullathorne,McGroaty(Clyde)

ATTENDANCE:-1717

A great game for the young ones again and they really are giving me hope for the future,I didnt plan to use them this early but they are showing they can handle the pressure.Morgan,Bagshaw and Diamond are three that have already pushed into the fringes of the first team.

The cup draw sees another away tie in the quarter final for the Dons,this time premier division Livingston will be the opposition.

The 1st of the month passes and Celtic scoop all the monthly awards.Celtic will hope to continue the form that has seen them unbeaten in 10 matches.

Next up is Livingston in the league and the scout reports they play a 3-5-2 formation he also adds they are a determind side who look a better team than the last time we played them.

SUB:-Goram,Diamond,Muirhead,Heikkinen,Morgan.

LIVINGSTON 1 ABERDEEN 3PREMIER LEAGUE

A boring first half saw both teams restricted to a couple of shots on goal,none of which actually tested either keeper.It wasnt until the 54th minute things started to heat up when Rubio fouled Bavidge in the box.Penalty.Bavidge stepped up to slot it home for 1-0.That sparked Livi into life and they made a few chances before finding the net themselves,McNamee with great play to set up McGovern and the former celtic player hit a 25 yard drive past a helpless Preece(63mins.)Bavidge was to restore Aberdeens lead with a great solo goal,He intercepted a pass from Toure-Maman then started his assualt on goal he managed to round the keeper before rolling the ball into the empty net.(71mins.)Aberdeen were to use their subs up Heikkinen,Muirhead,Morgan on for Paulinho,Sheerin and Prest(74mins.)Bavidge could have had his hat-trick but a superb save by keeper McKenzie prevented it and forced the corner,Muirhead flighted in the corner the big defenders miss it and Morgan in the scramble of things sticks the ball in 3-1(79mins.)Livi failed to get back into it after that and the score stayed 3-1.

REF:-Mark Mackay

YELLOW CARDS:-Rubio,McGovern,Ipoua(Livingston)Morgan(Aberdeen)

MAN OF THE MATCH:-Martin Bavidge(Aberdeen)

ATTENDANCE:-9500

SCOTTISH PREMIER LEAGUE TOP 3:-

1 Celtic Points 31

2 Aberdeen Points 31

3 Hibs Points 21

A good performance in the last game keeps me level with Celtic on points.It was good to see Anderson back in action as club captain he is probably the most important player at the club.

David Preece and Chris Clark who are out of contract in the summer have started talks with the Dons about renewing their deals,Both have played a big part in the team and i think we should have it all tied up by the end of next week.

Chris Clark puts pen to paper on a new 3 year deal which is fantastic news,the midfielder has really established himself in the first team and has had a big part to play this year.David Preece follows Clark and signs a 3 year deal too,Preece has been Mr consistant this year keeping an impressive 8 clean sheets in 12 games.

Darren Mackie and Fergus Tiernan keep their place in the Scotland under 21 squad.

There was also a boost for Aberdeens defence as three of them were called up to the Scotland squad for the play off against Holland.Kevin McNaughton and Russell Anderson kept their place plus an uncapped Phil McGuire was to be called up by Berti Vogts.

Back to league business first and Dunfermile up next,the scout reports they use a 3-5-2 and are a good side he also adds the forward line has a lot of experience.

SUB:-Goram,Rossiter,Tiernan,Heikkeinen,Morgan.

ABERDEEN 1 DUNFERMLINE 0PREMIER LEAGUE

A good first half performance from Aberdeen here as Prest and Mackie caused all sorts of problems.Mackie could have scored a few himself by the time he was brought down just outside the box by Mason.Paulinho lined up the free kick and curled a unstoppable shot past the keeper 1-0(32mins.)Paulinho run the midfield for Aberdeen and showed his skill on a few occasions,Aberdeen made some subs at half time due to players picking up slight knocks,Tiernan and Morgan on for Clark and Bavidge(45 mins.)The second half was a dull affair with Phil McGuire in superb form to stop any Dunfermline attack before it started.The game finished 1-0 with either team able to make a breakthrough in the second half.

REF:-Craig Thomson

YELLOW CARDS:-Mackie(Aberdeen)

MAN OF THE MATCH:-Paulinho(Aberdeen)

ATTENDANCE:-18100

The slight knocks to Clark and Bavidge wont keep them out and they are free to train on monday.

A week off for international games will give most the team a rest and give them a chance to get back to full fitness.

McNaughton and Anderson played for Scotland as they were beat 1-0 by Holland in the first leg of the playoff.

The time off gave me a chance to watch the younger guys in action and i was really impressed by Michele Lombardi he could be the next youth to get his top team debut.

Scotland were beat 1-0 in the second leg of the playoffs as Phil McGuire made his debut as a sub,Anderson and McNaughton started the match.

Scott Booth tells the local paper that hes disillusioned with life at the club and dislikes his current manager.Booth will leave the club in january if a buyer is found.

Hearts up next and the scout has reported they play a 4-4-2 formation with Andy Kirk a constant threat in attack.

SUB:-Goram,Rossiter,Tiernan,Heikkeinen,Morgan.

HEARTS 0 ABERDEEN 2PREMIER LEAGUE

Both teams started slowly and by half time had managed only one shot at goal each.Prest had the Dons best chance while Kirk wasted Hearts best chance.The second half was just as slow for a long while as Gunn changed things to try and change the game.Tiernan and Morgan coming on for Paulinho and Prest(68mins.)Only 3 minutes later a free kick by Clark picked out McGuire who Powered a header past the keeper 1-0(71mins.)Then sub Morgan found some space after a ball from Mackie he hit a shot that was saved by Moilanen and Bavidge was there to place the ball into the net 2-0(78mins.)Valois had a late chance for Hearts but his volley was well saved by Preece.Most Hearts fans would not have seen this chance as most of them decided to leave after the Dons scored thier second.It finished 2-0.

REF:-John Rowbotham

YELLOW CARDS:-McQuilken,Paulinho(Aberdeen)

MAN OF THE MATCH:-Phil McGuire(Aberdeen)

ATTENDANCE:-16175

PREMIER LEAGUE TOP 3:-(After 14 games)

Aberdeen Points 37

Celtic Points 34

Hibs Points 27

Cheers OM Dave the first few friendlys i gave a few of the not so good players a game to see who had a future,the last 3 friendlys prouduced better results.

After the Hearts game Bavidge pulls me over to complain about his shoulder which has gave him a bit of bother over the last few weeks.After an x-ray the physio informs me he will be out for two month to fix the problem.This is a massive blow as he is the clubs top scorer this season and has chipped in with some important goals.

Mark Rossiter breaks a wrist in training and will be out of top team action for 3 weeks.

Millwall put a shock 675k bid in for Sheerin.I know he has been a good player for me this year but i have accepted the bid as at 29 i might not get another offer like this.

Dundee up next and Jim Duffy plays a direct 4-3-3 with Nemsadze the danger man in the midfield.

Preece,McNaughton,McQuilken,Anderson©,McGuire,Clark,Paulinho,Sheerin,Mackie,Morgan,Prest.

SUB:-Goram,Hart,Tiernan,Heikkeinen,Hinds.

ABERDEEN 0 DUNDEE 0PREMIER LEAGUE

Aberdeen missed Bavidge as they struggled infront of goal.Morgan was given the job of replacing Bavidge but couldnt get into the game against a solid Dundee defence.Morgan was subbed for Hinds in the second half along with Sheerin who went off for Tiernan(63mins.)The best chance of the match fell in the 92nd minute when Dundee were awarded a free kick 25 yards out,Carranza struck the free kick only to see Preece tip his drive over.The resulting corner was cleared by McGuire.The score remained 0-0 and a boring one for the paying fans.

YELLOW CARDS:-Tiernan(Aberdeen)Milne(Dundee)

ATTENDANCE:-19086

After the game the media questioned if it could be Sheerins last game for the club.It was on tuesday he agreed to join Millwall for 675k.

After speaking to the chairman he makes it clear i will get half the money to invest in a replacement.

Sheerin moves now as the English 1st division transfer window is still open.

A midweek trip to play Livingston in the cup next,the scout says they will line up in a 4-4-2 formation and that they have a quick attack.

Preece,McNaughton,McQuilken,Anderson©,McGuire,Clark,Paulinho,Tiernan,Mackie,Hinds,Prest.

SUB:-Goram,Hart,Tosh,Heikkeinen,Morgan.

LIVINGSTON 0 ABERDEEN 0LEAGUE CUP QTR FINAL

Aberdeen win 3-1 on pens.

A close first half with both sides creating a few chances.Ipoua having his best chance saved by Preece while Mackie pulling a shot just past the post from a good position was the Dons best effort of the first half.The second half was just much of the same as both teams failed to make the breakthrough.With extra time looking possible Gunn waited a bit longer before using subs Hiekkinen and Morgan on for Paulinho and Mackie(80mins.)Extra time it was as both teams struggled infront of goal but tired legs showed as not much chances were created to win this one before the dreaded penalty shoot out.

Penaltys.Hinds,Tiernan and Morgan(Aberdeen)plus Pasquinelli(Livi) all scored thier pens.Ipoua,McNamee and Camacho all missed from the spot for Livi to give Aberdeen the 3-1 penalty win.

REF:-Kevin Toner

YELLOW CARDS:-McNamee,Fernandez(livingston)McGuire,Mackie(Aberdeen)

MAN OF THE MATCH:-Roddy McKenzie(Livingston)

ATTENDANCE:-7936

The semi final draw sees Aberdeen paired with Celtic.The game is a few months away so we will just put it to the back of our minds for now.

The next game is up quick as Motherwell come to Pittodrie next,The scout reports they have a competent team and like to play a 3-5-2 formation Stephen Pearson is a threat from midfield.

Preece,McNaughton,McQuilken,Anderson©,McGuire,Clark,Paulinho,Tiernan,Mackie,Hinds,Prest.

SUB:-Goram,Hart,Tosh,Heikkeinen,Morgan.

ABERDEEN 3 MOTHERWELL 0PREMIER LEAGUE

Aberdeen continued their good form at home here with a easy victory in the end.Prest opened the scoring when Paulinho sent a corner in to the box and he headed home from close range 1-0(43mins.)After half time the Dons doubled their lead with another goal set up by Paulinho,This time he chipped a beautiful ball into Mackies path and he struck from a narrow angle to make it 2-0(48mins.)Prest was to double his goals for the day on the 58th minute,A mix up in defence left Prest with a clean run at goal his first shot was well saved by Ewings but he pounced on the rebound to make it 3-0.Morgan and Tosh got a run out for Hinds and Paulinho(65mins.)Motherwell didnt create any clear cut chances,blasting all their chances either over or wide.The game ended 3-0 with Gunn pleased to get a win after a few hard games.

MAN OF THE MATCH:-Martin Prest(Aberdeen)

ATTENDANCE:-13929

After the game we are informed that Jerome Thomas can start playing again after his 2 month injury, which is good news with Bavidge being out for so long.

Stewart Devine the 1k buy from Stirling is coming along nicely in the reserves and could find himself involved in the first team before the end of the season.

Leigh Hinds hasnt done well and we have transfer listed him as we are looking at a few options the scouts gave us.Hinds has failed to show us what he can do and will play no further part in the team.

Former player Calum McHattie(Ross County)and Peter Weatherston(Morton) have caught my eye and could make a move if their clubs allow it.

Down to Glasgow to face Rangers now and the scout dosnt need to tell me about this team as i already know.They will line up 4-3-3 and are a world class team with de Boer and Loenkrands the danger men.

Preece,McNaughton,McQuilken,Anderson©,McGuire,Clark,Paulinho,Tiernan,Mackie,Bagshaw,Prest.

SUB:-Goram,Hart,Tosh,Heikkeinen,Thomas.

RANGERS 1 ABERDEEN 3PREMIER LEAGUE

Both teams looked up for this one right from the start with McGuire heading a shot over after only 2 minutes.Bagshaw and Lovenkrands were amongst the names to miss early chances.The first goal came from a stunning counter attack,de Boer shot at goal only for his shot to be saved the quick long clearance fell to Bagshaw who beat the keeper with ease 1-0(29mins.)Lovenkrands could have equaled it 2 minutes later but fired his shot over after doing all the hard work.Khizanishvilli and Malcom made the Gers life alot harder when their comical passing in defence was intercepted by Mackie and he was clean through,Mackie keeps his cool to score 2-0(36mins.)Chances fell to both teams before half time but the score stayed 2-0.Rangers came out the better of the two teams in the second half with Lovenkrands looking a real danger.Lovenkrands was rewarded for his display by scoring a great solo goal to take it back to 2-1(60mins.)Aberdeen used some subs Hiekkinen and Thomas on for Paulinho and Bagshaw(64mins.)There was another comedy performance to come from the Gers as Moore knocked the ball back to Klos who hoofed the ball clear only into the path of Prest,Prest knocked it square to Thomas who chipped poor Klos as he rushed back to his goal 3-1(81mins.)That proved to be the last action of the game,it ended 3-1.

YELLOW CARDS:-Ball,Ricksen(Rangers)McNaughton,McGuire(Aberdeen)

ATTENDANCE:-44391

SCOTTISH PREMIER LEAGUE(After 17 games)

1.Aberdeen:-Points 44

2.Celtic:-Points 43

3.Hibs:-Points 30

4.Kilmarnock:-Points 26

5.Dunfermline:-Points 24

6.Rangers:-Points 23

7.Dundee United:-Points 21

8.Dundee:-Points 20

9.Livingston:-Points 18

10.Motherwell:-Points 18

11.Hearts:-Points 15

12.Partick Th:-Points 9

We find ourselves in a position that we never thought was possible at the start of the season.The defence has had a huge part to play in that as shown by the international call ups.The young lads have shown alot of potential when called upon too,none of them have let themselves or the team down.

The Scottish cup 3rd round draw sees the first home cup tie of the season as Aberdeen host 1st division side Ross County.

Partick Thistle up next in the league and they normally go with a 3-5-2 formation reports the scout,He also adds that they are bottom of the league and a very poor side.

Preece,McNaughton,McQuilken,Anderson©,McGuire,Clark,Paulinho,Tiernan,Mackie,Bagshaw,Prest.

ABERDEEN 1 PARTICK THISTLE 0PREMIER LEAGUE

Aberdeen started brightly with Prest,Mackie and Bagshaw all testing Arthur.It was Mackies pace that caused most of the problems,most of all when he skipped past Whyte like lightning inside the box only for Whyte to stick out a leg and trip him up.Penalty.Paulinho stepped up to place the ball past Arthur 1-0(32mins.)Particks best chance fell to Kenny Milne but he couldnt beat Preece from 15 yards.David Preece picked up a knock and was taken off.Preece,Clark and Prest made way for Goram,Tosh and Thomas(69mins.)Mackie had a chance to make it 2-0 but slammed his shot off the post only to see the rebound cleared to safety.Partick didnt cause any problems after the subs and Aberdeen strolled home to a 1-0 win.

YELLOW CARDS:-McBride(Partick Thistle)

ATTENDANCE:-12692

With only 10 days to go before the transfer window opens i have contacted two clubs with bids for players.I have offered Arsenal 50k for Paulinho,who has been a major player for the Dons this year.He is listed at 100k at his club but we hope to get this figure down a bit.The other is highly rated Morton player Peter Weatherston we have bid 40k.We hope to hear back from the clubs soon.

Morton striker Weatherston makes it clear he wants to play for Aberdeen as a bid is rejected,we offer 60k.

Kilmarnock up next and a strong team that play direct attacking football says the scout He also reports they usally play a 3-5-2 formation.

KILMARNOCK 1 ABERDEEN 3PREMIER LEAGUE

Kilmarnock created the first real chance as Di Giacomo forced Preece into a fine save.It was Kilmarnock who kept the pressure on until they scored,Fowler and Fulton with a one-two left Fowler clean through and he scored 1-0(20mins.)After the goal Kilmarnock sat back a bit and let Aberdeen play and they got their reward just before half time.Clark played Mackie in away on the right he cut inside before smashing a shot at goal only to be denied by the post,Prest was first to the rebound 1-1(45mins.)Not even 1 minute had been played in the second half before Aberdeen were ahead,Paulinho finding Mackie with a perfect pass and he used his pace to beat Dillon before finishing it off 2-1(46mins.)That sparked Kilmarnock into life for a breif 10 minute spell with Fowler and Di Giacomo missing chances.It was Aberdeen who would score again though with Paulinho the provider again,This time he swung the corner in and Prest Headed home for 3-1(65mins.)The young man Bagshaw came off to be replaced by Thomas(70mins.)After the third goal Kilmarnock really tried to get back into the game but the Dons defence stayed strong to win the game 3-1.

YELLOW CARDS:-Dillon(Kilmarnock)Anderson(Aberdeen)

ATTENDANCE:-11594

After a good win against Kilmarnock the next game is over a week away,ill use this time to check transfer targets and offer new contracts to some of the players that have a future at the club.

Youngsters Payne,Muirhead and Morrison have been offered three year deals.

Muirhead,Payne and Morrison sign up for 3 years and i hope that they can start pushing for a first team place soon.

The Morton manager makes it clear he will not sell Weatherston for any price as another bid is rejected.That dosnt stop the Dons as they raise their bid to 80k.

After a poor start to the season its not a very Merry Christmas for Hearts as they sack boss Craig Levein.The shocking 6-0 defeat against Celtic sealed his fate as they sit a poor 11th in the league table.

Arsenal have accepted a bid for Paulinho of 90k and if he agrees terms he will be a good full time replacment for Sheerin.

My Assistant lets me know that Esson,McCulloch and Buckley have only six months left on their contracts,They wont be offered new deals.

A 100k bid is rejected by Morton for Peter Weatherston,We end our intrest in that player.

Hibs travel to Pittodrie next as they look to end Aberdeens good run at home.They will line up playing a direct 5-3-2 formation.The scout reports that they are in good form and have a quick attacking line.

ABERDEEN 1 HIBS 0PREMIER LEAGUE

The first half was a battle with only one shot in the whole half.It was Hibs who had the only shot Stephen Glass blasting over from 20 yards.The half time whistle was met with the sound of unhappy fans as they made their way for their pies and bovril.The second half started with a bang Darren Mackie converting Aberdeens first chance of the game,Chris Clark doing the hard work on the right before crossing for Mackie who found the net 1-0(47mins.)Hibs didnt lie down and came right back at the Dons missing chances through O'Connor and McManus.Aberdeen tried to change things a bit with some subs Heikkinen and Thomas on for Paulinho and Bagshaw(75mins.)The Dons stay strong in defence to hold on for a 1-0 win.

YELLOW CARDS:-McGuire,Mackie(Aberdeen)Doumbe(Hibs)

MAN OF THE MATCH:-Chris Clark(Aberdeen)

ATTENDANCE:-18976

Zdrillic,Hinds,Booth and Bird have all been freed they have no future at the club and are all out of contract in the summer.They will all get the remainder of their contracts paid and will have nothing more to do with the club.

Aberdeen were today showing off new signing Paulinho,although he has been at the club during this season he was only on loan.He now becomes Gunns record signing at 90k.Gunn says Paulinho has already justified this price tag and also adds their is alot more to come from this midfield playmaker in the future.

After scouting Scotland for players coming out of contract we offered Jamie Langfield a contract.The Dundee goalkeeper would be perfect to challenge Preece for the number 1 jersey next season.

Just Two days later he agrees to leave Dundee and join the Dons on july the 1st.Its a great signing with Esson leaving in the summer,We will still look for a young keeper to train up but Langfields signing is great news for the team.

Hearts appoint Walter Smith as their new boss he will start the job straight away.The former Rangers boss has been without a club since being sacked by Everton,So he will be keen to show what he can do.

Luke Moore has had his loan terminated and will return to his club tomorrow.He has failed to get into the first team and we will look for someone who will make more of an impact.

A Home cup tie up now,Ross county the side that stands infront of me and the 4th round.The scout reports they are a capable side and that they normally play a 4-4-2 formation.He points out Callum McHattie is a constant threat,This i already know after having him watched on more than one occasion.

ABERDEEN 2 ROSS COUNTY 0SCOTTISH CUP 3RD ROUND

Aberdeen created the first chance as Prest fired wide from close range.He put that right just a few miutes later as he gave the Dons the lead.Great play on the left by Bagshaw as he beat a man before slipping the ball into Prest he finished the job 1-0(6mins.)Aberdeen looked the stronger team and scored a second Mackie this time creating the goal,Bagshaw the scorer with an easy tap in 2-0(20mins.)Aberdeen only had one more chance in the first half Paulinho firing a long shot over.Ross county still to get off the zero mark for chances.Paulinho comes off at half time due to a slight knock,Heikkinen on for Paulinho(45mins.)The second half,Aberdeen created a few more chances but failed to score anymore goals with Prest and Bagshaw unlucky not to score again.Ross County created 2 chances in the second half but both shots went wide.Aberdeen the stronger throughout as they win 2-0.

REF:-Iain Brines

ATTENDANCE:-10402

The scottish cup brings another home tie.St Mirren the team that get the pleasure of coming to Pittodrie.

We have offered Rangers player Steven MacLean a loan deal.I know Rangers are one of our biggest rivals but in my eyes if he agrees to the move they are doing me a favour.I will also use Alex McLeishs love for the Dons to try and get his wages paid during the loan.

We have sent out a fax to Ross County with a 18k bid for Calum McHattie.We await their reply.

Ross County accept the bid we have offered a contract and are confident he will sign.

On the day of the Dundee United game McHattie agrees to join the club.The 19 year old forward has a huge talent and we could see him in action soon.

W.B.A offer 14k for McCulloch.The bid is accepted,McCulloch is out of contract at the end of the season and wasnt going to be kept on.

Dundee United away now the scout reports they play in a 5-3-2 formation with a sweeper.He says they are a strong team with Samuel a constant threat.

Preece,McNaughton,McQuilken,Anderson©,McGuire,Clark,Paulinho,Tiernan,Mackie,McHattie,Prest.

SUB:-Goram,Hart,Tosh,Heikkeinen,Bagshaw.

DUNDEE UNITED 3 ABERDEEN 2PREMIER LEAGUE

Aberdeen were awarded a pen early on in this one,Duff tripping Paulinho inside the box.Tiernan stepped up to score his first goal of the season 1-0(8mins.)Both teams looked good as they passed the ball and searched for an opening.Charlie Miller created that opening when he played a fine pass to McInnes who let fly with a right foot shot 1-1(35mins.)A few bad challenges came in as both teams refused to lose this one.In the second half it was United who scored first,With Miller and Mcinnes the men to punish the Dons again.Millers corner this time headed in by McInnes for his second of the game 2-1(53mins.)Aberdeen tried to get back into it and threw on some subs.Tosh and Bagshaw on for Clark and McHattie(60mins.)It looked to have done the trick as Bagshaw scored to level the game at 2-2 with a fine finish(77mins.)Dundee united failed to let this one get away and came at the Dons looking for a goal,Kerr intercepted a pass in midfield before flighting a superb ball through to Samuel,His first shot was saved but he followed up on the rebound goal 3-2(89mins.)With only one minute injury time to be played the Dons run out of time before they can create a chance.

YELLOW CARDS:-Williams,Griffin,McCracken(Dundee U)Tosh(Aberdeen)

MAN OF THE MATCH:-Derek McInnes(Dundee U)

ATTENDANCE:-12681

The last game wasnt so much a poor performance but sloppy defending.We will work hard over the next week to try and cut out the silly mistakes.

Steven MacLean has joined the Dons on loan he will not be liked by some sections of the Dons fans but all i ask is to give him a chance.

Deloumeaux and Rutkiewicz have been told they can leave and will be paid the rest of their contracts.They have failed to make the first team and wont be needed any longer.

Millwall and Preston offer 14k for McCulloch.Both bids have been accepted.

McCulloch leaves the club for 14k to join W.B.A,The 19 year old right back is in the last year of his contract and Gunn is pleased to have got some cash for him.

Celtic up next,They bring a world class team and play a direct 3-5-2 formation the scout notes their attack is strong and quick.

Goram,McNaughton,McQuilken,Anderson©,McGuire,Clark,Paulinho,Tiernan,Mackie,MacLean,Prest.

SUB:-Preece,Rossiter,Tosh,Heikkeinen,McHattie.

ABERDEEN 3 CELTIC 0PREMIER LEAGUE

There was ten minutes on the clock when Aberdeen scored and it was debut man MacLean who scored it.Mackies shot saved by Hedman only to fall to MacLean 1-0.Aberdeen doubled their lead with their next chance,Maclean run out of space on the edge of the box he played it back to Paulinho whos shot deflected off Lennon into the net 2-0(18mins.)Goram turned the clock back a few years with a few top class saves to deny Sutton and Larsson.Aberdeens third came after Clark and Petrov seemed to get tangled up in each other,Mackie stole the ball and continued on his way to goal,He smashed the ball into the top corner 3-0(36mins.)The second half saw Andy Goram called into action again but he was up to the task.Aberdeen claim a massive victory to leapfrog Celtic into top spot.

REF:-Alan Freeland

YELLOW CARDS:-Valgaeren,Laursen(Celtic)

ATTENDANCE:-21185

SCOTTISH PREMIER LEAGUE TOP 3:-(After 22 games)

1.Aberdeen:- Points 56

2.Celtic:- Points 55

3.Hibs:- Points 37

I must be honest with you Charnley alot of the wins have been jammy.Most teams have been all over me but Mackie and Prests pace works perfect in the counter attack.

David Preece missed the last game through injury he will only be out 1 day.

Transfer deadline day passes,the squad we have now is the squad we will finish the season with.

Martin Bavidge is back in training and we could see him back in action against Celtic in the cup.

Back to the league first.Livingston travel to Pittodrie now and should line up in a 4-4-2 formation.The scout tells me they are a determined side and to watch for their pace in attack.

Preece,McNaughton,McQuilken,Anderson©,McGuire,Clark,Paulinho,Tiernan,Mackie,MacLean,Prest.

SUB:-Goram,Hart,Tosh,Heikkeinen,McHattie.

ABERDEEN 2 LIVINGSTON 1PREMIER DIVISION

The first half didnt see much action the best chance of the half falling to Burton O'Brien,who fired wide.The half time whistle couldnt come fast enough for both teams as they failed to create any clear chances.As always the game burst into life in the second half with both teams looking better.It was Aberdeen who were to open the scoring,Prest and Tiernan with clever play before Tiernan played the ball to Clark,He let fly from about 25 yards straight into the top corner 1-0(54mins.)Livi were passing the ball around well and leveled the game with a fine strike.Harding with a long ball that was missed by McGuire fell to Ipoua,He struck a low shot from the edge of the box Goal 1-1(68mins.)McHattie and Heikkinen came on for MacLean and Tiernan(70mins.)It didnt take the Dons long to score as Mackie gets the last touch after a scramble in the box 2-1(73mins.)Preece had one last save to make,Fernandez it was who failed to hit the back of the net.Aberdeen will need to play better than this against Celtic in the cup semi-final if they want to make the final.The feeling is if Livi were a better team they could have really punished us here.

YELLOW CARDS:-Harding,Camacho(Livingston)

MAN OF THE MATCH:-Guy Ipoua(Livingston)

ATTENDANCE:-14168

After the game the monthly awards are handed out and its good news for Paulinho who picks up young player of the month.There is also a manager of the month for me,I use this oppertunity to ask the media what the SFA think they are doing,The Scottish league is a joke and the International team failed to quilify for another tournement and they have the time to sit down each month to discuss who is the best manager that month.Its a disgrace who really cares who was the best over a month,A months good results wont bring someone a title.

Down to Hampden for the cup semi-final against Celtic now,We know they will line up with a direct 3-5-2 formation and have a world class team.Ive been told by the scout that they are strong and will battle for every ball.

Preece,McNaughton,McQuilken,Anderson©,McGuire,Clark,Paulinho,Tiernan,Mackie,Bavidge,Prest.

SUB:-Goram,Hart,Tosh,Heikkeinen,MacLean.

CELTIC 1 ABERDEEN 2LEAGUE CUP SEMI-FINAL(Hampden Park)

Not Good news as Bavidge breaks down 7 minutes into his comeback.MacLean on for Bavidge(7mins.)Sutton should have had Celtic ahead but a brilliant save from Preece denied him.Celtic were the better team in the first half but failed to make anymore clear chances.The teams go in 0-0 at half time.The second half Aberdeen picked up the pace and scored the first goal,Mackie and MacLean linking up with a one-two which left Mackie with the chance 1-0(58mins.)Tosh was taken on as Mackie picked up a knock(72mins.)Celtic leveled with a stunning goal,Anderson fouling Sutton before Crainey stepped up to strike a low drive into the bottom corner(78mins.)MacLean gave Aberdeen the lead again with a great solo goal,He picked up the ball on the half way line beat two men before firing past the keeper 2-1(81mins.)Celtic made a few chances but never managed to hit the target,The Dons hold on for a 2-1 win.

YELLOW CARDS:-Valgaeren(Celtic)McNaughton(Aberdeen)

MAN OF THE MATCH:-Steven MacLean

ATTENDANCE:-46287

Martin Bavidge will be out of action for a few days.A shin injury means he will sit out the Scottish cup game against St Mirren.

Kevin McNaughton and Russell Anderson have been called up by the Scotland boss Berti Vogts.Markus Heikkinen also gets a call up for Finland.

The Dons will play Hibs in the final,Hibs beat Dundee United 2-0 in the other semi-final to secure their hampden place.

The Scottish cup now and first division St Mirren the opponenets,The scout report they line up in a 4-4-2 formation he says there team is average.

Preece,McNaughton,McQuilken,Anderson©,McGuire,Clark,Paulinho,Tiernan,Mackie,MacLean,Prest.

SUB:-Goram,Hart,Tosh,Heikkeinen,Bavidge.

ABERDEEN 3 ST MIRREN 1SCOTTISH CUP 4TH ROUND

Aberdeen opened the scoring after 6mins,Tiernan setting up Prest with a lovely ball,Prest then fired a shot across goal which rested in the far bottom corner 1-0.St Mirren were to claw their way back into it,Jonh O'Neill setting up Kevin Twaddle who left Preece stranded with a right foot shot 1-1(24mins.)Prest turned provider as the Dons went ahead just before half time,His cross was met by the head of MacLean to make it 2-1(43mins.)MacLean was to score again in the second half Mackie doing the work this time,A superb through ball from the right from Mackie left MacLean with only the keeper to beat,He did 3-1(70mins.)Some subs were made as David Preece went off injured,Preece,Clark and Mackie made way for Goram,Heikkinen and Bavidge(75mins.)The last 15 minutes Aberdeen kept the ball but didnt create any more chances the score stayed 3-1.

YELLOW CARDS:-Ellis(St Mirren)

MAN OF THE MATCH:-Steven MacLean(Aberdeen)

ATTENDANCE:-10428

The physio reports that David Preece will only be out for a day,He will be free to train on monday.

The Scottish cup brings an away draw for the quarter final,The Dons will play either Motherwell or Stirling Albion.The teams have to meet in a replay to decide which one.

Steve Tosh is out for 3 weeks,He hasnt played much a part of the team and could find himself on the move in the summer.

Motherwell will be the opponents in the Scottish cup they beat Stirling 2-0 in a replay.

Walter Smiths Hearts up next,The scout reports they normally line up in a 4-4-2,He also adds they are a hard working side with Andy Kirk their danger man.

SUB:-Goram,Hart,Devine,Heikkeinen,Bavidge.

ABERDEEN 2 HEARTS 0PREMIER LEAGUE

The first half saw Aberdeen take control.They had a few missed chances early on Tiernan and Prest missing the target.They did take the lead though after 22 minutes,MacLean setting up Mackie,Mackie finished with style 1-0.The first half went with not more action.The second half didnt start off much better with both teams not giving much away.Aberdeen changed things,Heikkinen,Devine and Bavidge on for Clark,Tiernan and Mackie(64mins.)The second goal of the game came and it was Aberdeen who scored it,MacLeans ball was headered by Prest only for Moilanen to push it away,He managed to squeeze the rebound in from a tight angle.2-0(78mins.)Scott Severin had Hearts best chance but he fired over the bar from outside the box.

ATTENDANCE:-19258

The Physio informs me that Chris Clark will be out for 2 weeks,Its a blow at this stage of the season but the physio reports if he justs rests he will be fine.He twisted his knee in the last match.

The next match is up quick and a midweek tie against Dunfermline.The scout reports that they normally play an attacking 3-5-2 formation,He also notes they are a determined side with Gary Dempsey a potent threat.

Preece,McNaughton,McQuilken,Anderson©,McGuire,Tiernan,Paulinho,Devine,Mackie,MacLean,Prest.

SUB:-Goram,Hart,Muirhead,Heikkeinen,Bavidge.

DUNFERMLINE 0 ABERDEEN 3PREMIER LEAGUE

It was Paulinho who went closest before the Dons went ahead,His Free kick going just over the bar.Aberdeen then had the lead MacLeans pass bouncing off Skerla then falling to Mackie who hit a fierce shot past the keeper 1-0(35mins.)Derek Young was unlucky not to score a few minutes later,Preece saving his stinging drive.The first half finished 1-0 and the score stayed the same as Aberdeen made changes to try and wrap it up,Heikkinen,Muirhead and Bavidge on for Tiernan,Devine and Prest.(64mins.)The Dons doubled their lead soon after Mackie playing the ball to MacLean who rounded the keeper and scored 2-0(70mins.)Mackies pace caused the problems for the third as he rushed up the right hand side,He beat a man before laying the ball across goal for Bavidge to tap home 3-0(81mins.)Gary Mason tried to get a reply for Dunfermline but his shot was high and wide of the goal.The Dunfermline fans head home after the third goal as their team are beat 3-0.

REF:-Iain Brines

YELLOW CARDS:-Mason,Thomson(Dunfermline)

ATTENDANCE:-10164

No new injury worries after the game,Clark and Tosh still the only concerns.

Steve MacLean has really impressed during his loan from Rangers.We would love to sign him but could be priced out of the move.Rangers want at least 750k for him and Aberdeen simply cant afford it.

Dundee up now and the scout informs me that they normally line up in a 4-3-3 formation.He also meantions they are a strong team with Nacho Novo the main threat.

DUNDEE 0 ABERDEEN 1PREMIER LEAGUE

Dundee started the brighter team missing chances through Nemsadze and Rae.Aberdeen came back into it but failed to make and clear chances and were restricted to shots from outside the box.The players battled for every ball as they went in level at half time.Aberdeen scored with the first chance of the second half,Paulinho flighted in the near post corner and McGuire headed it across goal only to hit Milne and in 1-0(63mins.)Aberdeen threw 3 subs on again Heikkinen,Muirhead and Bavidge on for Paulinho,Devine and Prest.(70mins.)Dundee won a corner and could have leveled it soon after,Burley with the corner towards Milne he beat McNaughton in the air only to be denied by Preece in the Aberdeen goal,McGuire was at hand to clear the rebound.Bavidge had the ball in the net in the last minute but made his run too early and was flagged offside.A hard fought victory but a victory it is,it finishes 1-0.

REF:-Ian Fyfe

YELLOW CARDS:-Burley(Dundee)Paulino(Aberdeen)

ATTENDANCE:-8714

SCOTTISH PREMIER LEAGUE TOP 3:-(After 26 games)

1.Aberdeen:- Points 68

2.Celtic:- Points 67

3.Hibs:- Points 44

ABERDEEN LINE UP:-VS DUNDEEPreece,McNaughton,McQuilken,Anderson©,McGuire,Tiernan,Paulinho,Devine,Mackie,MacLean,Prest.

(Did i get away with that mess up? icon_biggrin.gif)

The chairman was really pleased to have beat Dundee,unlike the Dundee chairman who told Duffy his job is under threat.Dundee sit 10th in the league and if that dosnt improve soon Duffy will be gone.

Chris Clark returns from injury and could take his place in the side to face Rangers.

Rangers now and they will be out for revenge as they have failed to score any points in games against the Dons this season.They normally line up in a 4-3-3 and have an exceptional team.The scout notes they have a quick attack with Peter Lovenkrands a potent threat.

ABERDEEN 2 RANGERS 0PREMIER LEAGUE

The first half could only throw up 2 shots,Both by Aberdeen.Clark shooting wide and Mackie forcing a save from Klos.The half time whistle came with the teams locked at 0-0.Rangers had the first chance after half time Capucho firing over from close range.Aberdeen were to take the lead just as Rangers looked the better team,Paulinho setting up Mackie with a through ball before Mackie struck the back of the net 1-0(63mins.)Aberdeen made a double change,Muirhead and Bavidge on for Tiernan and Prest(67mins.)Emerson came close for the Gers as he grazed the top of the bar from 25 yards.Time was running out for Rangers as they tried to get back into it.Dons sub Muirhead then put the game beyond doubt,He robbed the ball from Emerson before sending a 20 yard strike into the corner 2-0(90mins.)Emerson tried to get Rangers back into it but could only manage another poor shot over the bar.Final score 2-0.

YELLOW CARDS:-McQuilken,Prest(Aberdeen)Moore,Emerson,Quinn(Celtic)

MAN OF THE MATCH:-Darren Mackie(Aberdeen)

ATTENDANCE:-21172

The 1st of the month brings news that alot of the backroom staff are out of contract in three months.They will be kept on their toes until then as i dont plan to open talks with them before the season ends.

Steve Tosh returns to training but the chances of him getting a game again are very slim.He has been transfer listed.

The team have been working extra hard in training for the cup quarter final and are looking up for it.

Motherwell away now and a semi-final place at stake.The scout reports they normally play a 3-5-2 formation and that they have a competent side,He also adds they have a hard working midfield run by Stephen Pearson.

Preece,McNaughton,McQuilken,Anderson©,McGuire,Tiernan,Paulinho,Devine,Mackie,MacLean,Prest.

SUB:-Goram,Rossiter,Muirhead,Heikkeinen,Bavidge.

MOTHERWELL 2 ABERDEEN 1SCOTTISH CUP QUARTER FINAL

With 12 minutes gone Aberdeen should have been one up MacLean hitting his shot straight into Ewings arms.A few minutes later and he made up for that awful miss by scoring,Paulinho played a flighted ball into MacLean and he scored with a fine strike 1-0(16mins.)David Preece was carried off injured as Andy Goram took his place(24mins.)Their was further bad news just 4 minutes later as Prest had to go off after a slight knock,He was replaced by Muirhead(28mins.)Motherwell then leveled it Clarkson setting up Pearson for the goal1-1(35mins.)Motherwell had another chance before the break Goram saving well from Pearsons drive.After half time Motherwell looked the better team and went ahead through ex Dons player Alan Carella.Pearson beat Tiernan before laying it to Carella to tap home 2-1(56mins.)More bad news for the Dons as sub Muirhead has to come off with a slight knock,Bavidge is put on to try and save the game(70mins.)Mackie had Aberdeens best chance to get back into it but his low drive was straight at the keeper.Motherwell hold out to win the game 2-1 and earn a semi final place.

REF:-Stuart Dougal

YELLOW CARDS:-Partridge(Motherwell)Tiernan(Aberdeen)

MAN OF THE MATCH:-Stephen Pearson(Motherwell)

ATTENDANCE:-8658

After the cup defeat Gunn is told that Scott Muirhead is out of action for two weeks with a twisted knee.Scott had started to push for a first team place in the last few weeks and was showing he has what it takes to make the grade.

The next game is up just a few days after the cup exit,Motherwell standing infront of the Dons again.The scout reports they normally play a 3-5-2 formation and that they have a competent side,He also adds they have a hard working midfield run by Stephen Pearson.

SUB:-Goram,Rossiter,Thomas,Heikkeinen,Bavidge.

MOTHERWELL 0 ABERDEEN 2PREMIER LEAGUE

Motherwell look the stronger team in the first half creating a few half chances.Alex Burns missing the target a couple of times and Pearson hitting the side netting with a strike.Aberdeen could only manage one shot MacLean the one denied by the Motherwell keeper.The teams went in 0-0 at half time.Aberdeen came back into it in the second half and stole the lead with defender Phil McGuire scoring it,A Free kick by Paulinho was met by the head of McGuire who powered a header in to the net 1-0(60mins.)Aberdeen were two up soon after a brilliant ball from Prest was met by Mackie to tap in 2-0(62mins.)The Dons made some subs,Heikkinen,Thomas,Bavidge on for Paulinho,MacLean and Prest(75mins.)Motherwell tried to get back into the game but Pearson and co couldnt hit the net.The game ends 2-0.

YELLOW CARDS:-Lasley,Burns(Motherwell)Clark,Paulinho(Aberdeen)

ATTENDANCE:-6638

No fresh injury worries after the game,We should have a near full squad for the league cup final.Muirhead being the only doubt.

The cup final is on sunday so we use the saturday to watch the young guys in action,Calum McHattie and Zander Diamond will be around the first team soon going on this performance.

The cup final is upon us as Aberdeen face Hibernian at Hampden.They play a direct 5-3-2 formation with alot of pace through out the team.Brown is a potent threat and should be watched closely.

ABERDEEN HIBERNIANLEAGUE CUP FINALHampden park

Aberdeen were to create the first chance of the game,Tiernan crossing for Prest who had his shot saved.The next chance produced the first goal Prest running up the left side before cutting in and laying it to Mackie,Mackie was left with a tap in 1-0(27mins.)Hibs first chance produced a corner Barr calling Preece into action,Murrays corner was again met by Barr who was again denied by Preece.Just before half time Thomson of Hibs blasted a shot wide.At half time the score is 1-0 Aberdeen but Hibs dont look out of it just yet.Just after half time Mackie had a chance to put the Dons up 2-0 but his shot was saved by Hyldgaard.Aberdeen change some players Heikkinen and Bavidge are on for Paulinho and Prest(65mins.)A few minutes later Brebner shot over the bar from just outside the box as Hibs looked for a goal.Aberdeen scored again to put the game beyond Hibs Bavidge creating the goal for MacLean to finish 2-0(72mins.)Bavidge could have scored himself but Hyldgaard saved his powerful shot,The corner was headed away.Hibs scored but it could be too late,Sub Riordan set up Brown who finished 2-1(89mins.)That proved to be the last action of the game as Aberdeen win the league cup 2-1.

REF:-Jonh Underhill

YELLOW CARDS:-Anderson,McGuire,Paulinho,Mackie,Prest(Aberdeen)Zambernardi(Hibernian)

MAN OF THE MATCH:-Steven MacLean(Aberdeen)

ATTENDANCE:-52466

The fans and chairman were celabrating all night after the cup win but Gunn told gathering reporters that the team cant get to carried away and will have to stay focused.Aberdeen were awarded 300k for winning the competition they last won in 1996.

Russell Anderson picked up a arm injury and will be out for a week.Zander Diamond will get a chance to impress in the first team.

Bottom club Partick in a wednesday game next and the scout reports they normally line up with a 3-5-2 formation,He notes they are a poor side and they should not cause any problems.

Preece,McNaughton,McQuilken,Diamond,McGuire©,Clark,Paulinho,Tiernan,Mackie,MacLean,Prest.

PARTICK THISTLE 2 ABERDEEN 2PREMIER LEAGUE

Aberdeen struck first in this one with a 25 yard free kick from Paulinho(22mins.)Aberdeen doubled their lead,MacLean setting up Mackie to score at the keepers near post 2-0(44mins.)1 minute later Partick pulled one back,Aberdeen old boy Jamie Buchan scoring to take Partick back into it 2-1(45mins.)After half time Partick were to level it,McBride setting up Mitchell who rounded the keeper before rolling the ball into the net 2-2(58mins.)Aberdeen looked tired after their cup win,but will count this as two points dropped.The game finished 2-2.

YELLOW CARDS:-Forrest,Rowson,Wise(Partick)McNaughton,Clark,Prest(Aberdeen)

ATTENDANCE:-6521

After the match we are informed that Clark will be suspended for the next game after picking up 16 disciplinary points.We are also informed Prest will miss 2 games after he reached 32 points.

Phil McGuire and Kevin McNaughton are called up for Scotland,Russell Anderson misses out through injury.

Kilmarnock up next and not much time for the players to rest between games.The scout reports that they normally play a 3-5-2 formation and he says they have a strong team.

Preece,McNaughton,Morrison,Diamond,McGuire©,Tiernan,Paulinho,Muirhead,Mackie,Bavidge,MacLean.

SUB:-Goram,Rossiter,Thomas,Heikkeinen,Morgan.

ABERDEEN 3 KILMARNOCK 1PREMIER LEAGUE

Aberdeen were back on the right track here as they dominated the game early on,Paulinho flighting in the corner for Bavidge to power a header in off Hardie 1-0(19mins.)Paulinho provided the second from another corner,This time Maclean scoring with a header to make it 2-0(43mins.)Killie pulled one back in the second half Di Giacomo with a superb solo goal 2-1(65mins.)Aberdeen made some subs to give some tired legs a rest,Thomas and Morgan on for Muirhead and MacLean(71mins.)A few minutes later youngster Morgan added a third,Again it was Paulinho setting it up this time leaving Morgan with an easy tap in 3-1(74mins.)The Dons boss is glad to see his team win this one after the slip up against Partick.The game ended 3-1 Aberdeen.

YELLOW CARDS:-McNaughton,McGuire,Mackie(Aberdeen)

ATTENDANCE:-18256

With three games to go until the league split and only eight left in the season we find ourselves in a very good position,We have to play Hibs twice and Celtic twice before the end of the season so we know its going to be a hard battle with Celtic for the title.

Russell Anderson returns to training,The very next day he twists his knee and will be out for a week.

That prompts me to meet the chairman and discuss better training facilities,He says a lack of funds and an outstanding loan prevents the club from being able to improve on the set up we have,which is adequate.A club like Aberdeen need the best but will have to wait until we can raise some money on the pitch.

The first of the month brings an award for Paulinho as young player of the month.

Hibs away up now and a big game for both teams,Hibs will line up in a 5-3-2 formation,The scout notes they have a quick team who will cause problems if left open.

Preece,McNaughton,Morrison,Diamond,McGuire©,Clark,Paulinho,Tiernan,Mackie,Bavidge,MacLean.

SUB:-Goram,Rossiter,Muirhead,Heikkeinen,Morgan.

HIBERNIAN 2 ABERDEEN 2PREMIER LEAGUE

A close contest at Easter Road where Hibs could have had an early lead,Brebners shot held well by Preece.Brebner was a constant threat from midfield and he set up O'Connor who smashed the ball into the top corner 1-0(33mins.)Half time came with not much more action.The second half had only a few chances befor the Dons made some subs,Heikkinen and Morgan on for Paulinho and Maclean.(79mins.)Then the game went into overdrive,Brown done well to beat Diamond before laying it across the six yard box,McManus was there Goal 2-0(86mins.)Just 2 minutes later the Dons came racing back,Heikkinen with a long ball to Mackie he managed to get above his man to head home 2-1(88mins.)Then two minutes into injury time Aberdeen won a corner,Tiernan swung it in and Bavidge got the head to it before Zambernardi,Goal 2-2(90mins.)A dramatic end sees the game end 2-2.

YELLOW CARDS:-Morrison,Clark,Tiernan,Mackie(Aberdeen)

ATTENDANCE:-16078

Russell Anderson will be fit for the next game and will take his place back in the centre of defence with McGuire.

Calum McHattie was in fine form for the reserves scoring two and being awarded the man of the match.We will be looking to see him in first team action in the last seven games.

A solid Dundee United team now and the scout reports they normally line up in a 5-3-2 sweeper formation,He notes they have a strong team with a quick attack.

Preece,McNaughton,MCQuilken,Anderson©,McGuire,Clark,Paulinho,Tiernan,Mackie,Bavidge,Prest.

SUB:-Goram,Diamond,Muirhead,Heikkeinen,McHattie.

ABERDEEN 2 DUNDEE UNITED 0PREMIER LEAGUE

The first half was a dull affair with only a few chances at goal Prest and Paulinho missing for the Dons.The Dons did score just before half time Paulinho setting up Mackie who scored with his head 1-0(43mins.)The second half didnt fair much better as chances didnt fall often,Aberdeen were to win a corner which was taken by Paulinho only to be met by the head of McGuire(57mins.)Fergus Tiernan came off with a slight knock,Heikkinen on for Tiernan(76mins.)United did have a chance through samuel but he fired over the bar.The Dons win the game 2-0.

YELLOW CARDS:-Duff,Paterson(Dundee U)

ATTENDANCE:-19106

The next game is up quick and Celtic the team.Celtic need to win the game to have any chance of winning the title they are 5 points behind with six games left.

The scout reports they are a world class team who line up in a 3-5-2 formation,He also notes there attack is quick and strong.

Preece,McNaughton,MCQuilken,Anderson©,McGuire,Clark,Paulinho,Tiernan,Mackie,Bavidge,Prest.

CELTIC 1 ABERDEEN 0PREMIER LEAGUE

Celtic made the first chance with Larsson shooting straight at the keeper.Aberdeen up next and Mackie used his pace to get beyond the defence but his shot was tipped over by Hedman,The corner was headed away by the Celtic defence.Lambert up next and he fired his shot over the bar from just outside the box.Russell Anderson gets carried off and is replaced by Diamond(35mins.)Thompson gave Celtic the lead soon after,He scored with a drive from the edge of the area 1-0(38mins.)Larsson could have made it two put Preece saved his shot.Half time sees the teams going in with the score 1-0 to Celtic.The second half started with Lennon shooting straight at Preece.Aberdeen were unlucky not to be level as Paulinhos free kick rebounds off the bar.Aberdeen failed to make anymore chances as Celtic dominated the game missing more chances through Sutton and Maloney.Celtic win the game 1-0.

YELLOW CARDS:-Williams(Celtic)Clark,Paulinho,Prest(Aberdeen)

MAN OF THE MATCH:-Henrik Larsson(Celtic)

ATTENDANCE:-52836

SCOTTISH PREMIER LEAGUE(After 33 games)

1.Aberdeen:-Points 82

2.Celtic:-Points 79

3.Hibs:-Points 58

4.Rangers:-Points 55

5.Dunfermline:-Points 44

6.Dundee U:-Points 42

------------------

7.Kilmarnock:-Points 42

8.Dundee:-Points 40

9.Hearts:-Points 37

10.Livingston:-Points 34

11.Motherwell:-Points 32

12.Partick Th:-Points 16**

**Partick Thistle are relagated

Since the top 2 are so close im going to change the format for the last 4 games.The last game of the season could be a title decider with Aberdeen playing Celtic at Parkhead.

Aberdeen face Dundee United at Home in the next match,Celtic are also at home and face a poor Rangers team.

Preece,McNaughton,McQuilken,Anderson©,McGuire,Clark,Heikkinen,Tiernan,Mackie,Bavidge,Prest.

SUB:-Goram,Diamond,Muirhead,MacLean,McHattie.

ABERDEEN 4 DUNDEE UNITED 0PREMIER LEAGUE

A good performance by the Dons to keep them on top.Goals from Heikkinen(8mins,)Bavidge(22mins,)Mackie(73mins,)and Prest(87mins,)made sure of the points as Dundee United failed to get a shot on target.

ATTENDANCE:-19075

CELTIC 2 RANGERS 1PREMIER LEAGUE

De Boer had Rangers up 1-0 but that only lasted five minutes as Celtic hit back through Larsson(24mins,)and Lambert (26mins,)Celtic keep the pressure on Aberdeen as they manage to keep Rangers from causing any real danger.

MAN OF THE MATCH:-Joos Valgaeren(Celtic)

ATTENDANCE:-60795

The next game is a wednesday game and is up quick Aberdeen face Rangers and Celtic face Dunfermline.This is Aberdeens last home game of the season.

Preece,McNaughton,McQuilken,Anderson©,McGuire,Clark,Paulinho,Tiernan,Mackie,Bavidge,Prest.

ABERDEEN 3 RANGERS 0PREMIER LEAGUE

A superb win against a poor Rangers team.Prest(52mins,)Mackie(62mins,)and Bavidge(63mins.)scoring the goals.This could be the final nail in the coffin for the Rangers manager as results get worse not better.

YELLOW CARDS:-McQuilken(Aberdeen)Hughes,Emerson(Rangers)

MAN OF THE MATCH:-Chris Clark(Aberdeen)

ATTENDANCE:-21171

CELTIC 2 DUNFERMLINE 0PREMIER LEAGUE

Chris sutton scored both Celtics goals in a easy win,one before half time(41mins) and one after half time(60mins) gave Celtic the three points.It is looking like it could come down to last day decider.

REF:-Michael McCurry

YELLOW CARDS:-Laursen(Celtic)McGroarty,Crawford(Dunfermline)

MAN OF THE MATCH:-Chris Sutton(Celtic)

ATTENDANCE:-52904

Both teams came through the last game with no injury worries.

The next round of games sees both teams away Aberdeen at Dunfermline and Celtic at Hibernian.

DUNFERMLINE 0 ABERDEEN 0PREMIER LEAGUE

A draw is a fair result as both teams failed to hit the back of the net.Aberdeen will feel they had the better chances but they bottled it under pressure 0-0.

YELLOW CARDS:-Anderson,McGuire(Aberdeen)

MAN OF THE MATCH:-Andrius Skerla(Dunfermline)

ATTENDANCE:-11259

HIBERNIAN 1 CELTIC 2PREMIER LEAGUE

Hibs had the lead early on Whittaker scoring after 5 minutes.Celtic came back after half time with goals from Liam Miller(65mins,)and Sutton (80mins.)Celtic win to close the gap to 1 point with 2 games left.

YELLOW CARDS:-Valgaeren,Laursen,Petrov(Celtic)

MAN OF THE MATCH:-Henrik Larsson(Celtic)

ATTENDANCE:-17491

After the game Aberdeen are informed that Paulinho will be out for 4 days,He should make the Hibs game.

Celtic have no injury worries after the game.

Both teams away for this game Aberdeen are at Easter Road to play Hibs,Celtic travel to Dundee to play Dundee United.

HIBERNIAN 1 ABERDEEN 3PREMIER LEAGUE

Aberdeen won this with a good performance although they did have a slight scare towards the end.Paulinho scored a wonderful 25 yard free kick in the 4th minute.They doubled their lead in 24 minutes,Bavidge scoring the goal.Hibs came back into it on the 84th minute Whittaker scoring.Aberdeen were to then make the game safe Mackie scoring in the 88th minute.the game finished 3-1 Aberdeen.

REF:-Garry Mitchell

YELLOW CARDS:-Doumbe,Smith(Hibs)

ATTENDANCE:-16077

DUNDEE UNITED 1 CELTIC 3PREMIER LEAGUE

Celtic went up 1-0 early in the game Sutton scoring the goal(7mins,)United were level before half time Griffin scoring with a long drive(37mins,)Sutton had Celtic ahead in the second half with a pwerful header(66mins.)Then Crainey made the game safe with a penalty in the 87th minute.Celtic win 3-1.

REF:-Michael McCurry

YELLOW CARDS:-Griffin(Dundee U)

MAN OF THE MATCH:-Chris Sutton(Celtic)

ATTENDANCE:-14173

SCOTTISH PREMIER LEAGUE TOP 2(1 Game left)

1.Aberdeen:- Points 92

2.Celtic:- Points 91

CELTIC VS. ABERDEEN

Two teams,Nintey minutes,One trophy

TITLE DECIDER

Who will come out on top next week?

Aberdeen find no injury worries after the last game,Celtic are all clear after the game aswell.Both teams will have full squads to choose from.

Celtic are rocked just before the game as John Hartson demands a transfer as he is unhappy with boss Martin O'Neill.Hartson has only played ten games this season.

Celtic will line up in a 3-5-2 formation.

CELTIC LINE UP:-

Hedman,Valgaeren,Varga,Laursen,Agathe,Thompson,Lennon,Petrov,Lambert,Larsson©,Sutton.

SUBS:-Marshall,Maloney,Miller,Williams,Hartson.

Aberdeen line up in a 4-3-3 formation.

SUBS:-Goram,Diamond,Muirhead,Heikkeinen,McHattie.

CELTIC vs. ABERDEENPREMIER LEAGUE

Aberdeen had the first chance of the match Paulinho hitting the side netting with a 20 yard free kick.Lambert was next up Thompson played the ball across field and Lambert struck a shot over the bar.Clark set up Mackie who run clear on the right he played the ball along the six yard box,Bavidge tapped in 1-0(23mins.)Mackies pace caused problems again as he was let loose on the right another perfect cross to Bavidge 2-0(28mins.)The game didnt produce any more chances until just before half time when Celtic pulled one back,Petrov with a high ball over the top for Larsson,He rounded the keeper then slotted in 2-1(45mins.)The teams go in at half time at 2-1 the Dons.The second half starts and 23 seconds into it Bavidge accepts a Varga mistake to score 3-1(45mins.)Petrov tried to get Celtic back into it but fired a shot over the bar.Shortly after Bavidge could have had a fourth as he was clean through,He blasted over the bar.With just 70 minutes gone the Celtic supporters have started leaving in disgust at their team.Clark played a lovely ball from midfield to Prest who hit it first time goal 4-1(75mins.)Hartson could have had a late goal but his header was tipped over by Preece,The corner was headed away.

CELTIC 1 ABERDEEN 4

REF:-Garry Mitchell

YELLOW CARDS:-Laursen(Celtic)Clark,Tiernan(Aberdeen)

ATTENDANCE:-52829

MANAGERS VIEW:-

With the season now over we can relax a bit and concentrate on building the team for the champions league next season.We could have never dreamed of winning the title in the first year and i dont think we would have if it hadnt been for Anderson and McGuire in defence they were top class all year.Preece deserves a mention aswell as he has been brilliant in goals.We will all go for a deserved few weeks holiday before we arrange some tough freindlies for the squad in pre-season.

*ABERDEEN CALL PRESS CONFERANCE*

After a meeting with the chairman i have decided to continue as Aberdeen manager.

After winning the league and cup last year i had wondered if i could take the team any further,but after long talks i have decided that i will take this team into europe and try put Scotland back on the map.I had thought about quitting but the board,fans and chairman would not have it.Im glad they feel like that and hope to repay them with results on the pitch.

Aberdeen are going to be bigger and better than last year and im glad to be a part of it.I hope to get a few players on board before pre season but money will still be tight.I look forward to seeing you all soon for some pre season reports,Europe here i come.

SEASON AWARDS:-

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE:- Juventus

UEFA CUP :- Roma.

PREMIER DIVISION CHAMPS:- Aberdeen.

LEAGUE CUP:- Aberdeen.

SCOTTISH CUP:- Celtic.

MANAGER OF THE YEAR:- Barry Gunn (Aberdeen.)

WRITERS PLAYER OF THE YEAR:- Chris Sutton (CELTIC.)

PLAYERS PLAYER OF THE YEAR:- Henrik Larsson (celtic.)

YOUNG PLAYER OF THE YEAR:- Stephen Hunghes(Rangers.)

TOP GOALSCORER:-Henrik Larsson (Celtic) 26 goals.

TEAM OF THE YEAR:-(in a 3-5-2)

1.Gallacher (Dundee utd)

2.Valgaeren (Celtic)

3.McGuire (Aberdeen)

4.Murray (Hibs)

5.Lambert (Celtic)

6.Hughes (Rangers)

7.Petrov (Celtic)

8.Thompson (celtic)

9.Canero (Kilmarnock)

10.Larsson (celtic)

11.Brown (Hibs)

Since the end of the season i have gave everyone a holiday were all due back on the 20th june,Here is a run down of the news while we were away.

Steven Maclean completes his loan spell and returns to Rangers.He played well but i dont think we will be following up on our intrest just yet.

Three teams have bid for Jerome Thomas who we had on loan.The bids are only 4k but we will not be bidding for this player as he didnt feature much for us,he only managed 7 sub apperances.

Darren Mackie was voted supporters player of the year.I expect Darren to be a massive player this year,his pace can trouble even the best defenders.It will be a big year for him and i hope he will take it in his stride.

Two players have been promoted to the under 19s.Mark Wilson a 14 year old mid who looks to have some potential and John Irvine a 16 yr old keeper who will be realesed straight away.

After a meeting with the board and chairman it has been decided that i will have 675k transfer budget,With champions league football coming it will have to be spent wisely.

Let the pre season begin.

We have set up a tour for early July in Holland we hope to give some players trials during these games.We will be in top class facilities while we are there so we should come back in good shape.We have set up 4 games starting with premier league club Zwolle on the 3rd of july.Then its a non league team in our next game on the 7th of july,Cambuur the team we will play.Then its back to premier league opposition on the 10th of july,FC Twente providing the test.It finishes off on the 14th of july with another premier club this time FC Utrecht,who will finish off the tour.

I have renewed my intrest in Peter Weatherston,I had tried to buy him in the january transfer window but had my 100k bid rejected.I have kept an eye on him and Caley Thistle seem to be intrested now so i have enquired asking how much morton want.

We have arranged three home friendlies to give the fans a treat Liverpool will come to Pittodrie on the 23rd of july.Middlesbrough will visit on the 29th of july.With the last friendly coming on the 6th of august against euro giants Porto.We have an away game against Peterhead in the middle of the tour and the big home games,We visit Balmoor on the 18th of July.

I have offered Doncaster for Michael McIndoe and they have accepted,He will join on a 4 week trial he is still contracted to his club for 2 years but they have offered me him a few times for 40k.It will give me a chance to see how he plays on the tour of Holland,He could win himself a permanent transfer if he impresses.McIndoe is a midfielder who plays left/centre he is 24 and has done well for his club,the scout let me know about him last year. I followed up with a few more scout reports on him and they were impressed with what they saw.

Morton tell me they want 400k for Weatherston,I just laugh for about 5 mins and say "nah you can keep him."

Scotland sack manager Berti Vogts,Its about time thats what i say.Ive always thought i could do a better job than him,hold on maybe i could,Yes i can,thats why i have put my name in for it.Ive applied for the Scotland job i dont expect to get it but wouldnt let them down if i did.

Scotland appoint George Burley as boss,I will be the first to wish him good luck but if he messes it up,I'll be in there like a rat up a drainpipe.

AGENTS RUSH ROUND EUROPE

The first of july sees alot of players released from thier clubs,Agents are rushing around trying to get thier clients contracts at clubs.We will take this oppertunity to take some players in on trial.

We have offered Sunday Oliseh a 1 year deal he has lots of experiance and could help us in europe,He has personal problems but he will be happy here in the cold,wet and windy north-east.

Aberdeen welcome the free transfer of Jamie Langfield.The 24 year old keeper will fight with Preece for the number one jersey.Other news on the goalkeeper front is Andy Goram has stuck to his promise and retired.He stays on as goalkeeper coach.

We only have one player on trial before the first friendly McIndoe will try and earn himself a new deal.

HOLLAND HERE WE COME

The first game of the tour sees us heading into unknown territory,all we know are they are called Zwolle.We will play an experimental line up for the first game to see if any players can grab their chance.

We will go into the tour using the 4-3-3 its just a pre-set formation set to defensive with a few player instructions added.

Aberdeen line up:-

GK:-Langfield

RB:-Payne

LB:-Morrison

CB:-Diamond

CB:-Heikkinen©

RMC:-Tiernan

CM:-McIndoe

LMC:-Muirhead

CFR:-Bagshaw

CF:-McHattie

CFL:-Morgan

Subs:-Preece,Anderson,Devine,Lombardi,Hart,Paulinho,Bavidge,McNaughton,Clark,Prest,McGuire,McQuilken.

ZWOLLE VS. ABERDEEN FRIENDLY MATCH

The first half was slow as expected only one shot on target for each team.Daun shooting straight at Langfield for Zwolle(23mins),Morgan had his shot tipped over the bar for the Dons(37mins.)

At half time the Dons put on 11 subs McNaughton the only one not getting on.

With 50 mins on the clock Bavidge was set free by Prest he managed to slot it past the keeper Goal 1-0(50 mins.)

Only two mins after the goal Zwolle were level,Vermant setting up sub Bosschaart who finished easily 1-1(52mins.)

Bosschaart could have given Zwolle the lead but his shot was tipped away by Preece,McQuilken cleared the rebound.(70mins.)

Prest again played a brilliant ball to Bavidge who managed to slide it past an oncoming keeper Goal 2-1(88mins.)

No more chances fell as the time ticked away,Aberdeen start their tour with a win.

ZWOLLE 1 ABERDEEN 2

Goals:-Bosschaart(Zwolle)Bavidge 2(Aberdeen)

REF:-Jan Wegereef

YELLOW CARDS:-Ridder(Zwolle)McQuilken(Aberdeen)

ATTENDANCE:-501

Starting with a win is always good,we hope to have a few players in on trial for the next game but its to early to decide on who will play at the start of the season.We will continue to experiment on the tour and see what happens.

SUMMER SIGNINGS BEGIN

Sunday Oliseh has agreed to join the club he signs a one year deal and will go into the heart of the midfield.He is a defensive midfielder who is a strong in the tackle and he can play a bit too.He is out of contract so we dont have to pay a transfer fee.

The euro championships finish with France beating hosts Portugal 4-1.France were many peoples tip for the tourney,and they didnt dissapoint.

We welcome 2 players on trial before the Cambuur game.Craig Holloway and Chris Bart-Williams join the club for 4 weeks to try and win a deal.Holloway is a 19 yr old keeper who was released from Arsenal.Bart-Williams is a midfielder who at 30 years old never reached his early potential.We will look at them both and decide if we want them or not.

Just an hour before the game Michael Mols agrees to join on trail the ex-Rangers player is out of contract and will join the squad on the tour of Holland.

BACK TO THE PRE-SEASON WORKOUT

Next up we travel to play non-league team Cabuur.We know nothing about them.

When we arrived we saw they had a good set up with decent training facilities and a good ground.They will give the Dons a decent run out and set us up for the two last games.

GK:-Holloway

RB:-McNaughton

LB:-McQuilken

CB:-Diamond

CB:-McGuire©

RMC:-Clark

CM:-Bart-Williams

LMC:-McIndoe

CFR:-Mackie

CF:-Mols

CFL:-Bagshaw

Subs:-Langfield,Morrison,Paulinho,Lombardi,Payne,Prest,Bavidge,Anderson,Muirhead,McHattie,Hart,Heikkinen.

CAMBUUR VS. ABERDEEN FRIENDLY MATCH

Aberdeen were the first to attack a long ball by McGuire was picked up by Mackie,he run into the box before hitting a shot straight at the keeper(14mins.)

Cambuur came back and almost had the lead van Dijk shooting just wide(23mins.)

Bart-Williams picks up a yellow card in a boring first half(38mins.)

The half time score is 0-0 as the Dons just put the same team out for second half.

Aberdeen came out looking for a goal and they got it,Mackie using his pace on the right to make space he played a perfect ball to Mols who tapped in 1-0(49mins.)

The game failed to move out of first gear and no more worthwhile chances were made.

CAMBUUR 0 ABERDEEN 1

GOALS:-Mols(Aberdeen)

REF:-Jan Wegereef

YELLOW CARDS:-Clark,Bart-Williams(Aberdeen)

ATTENDANCE:-1803

The trialists all done well but i wont jump into anything just yet.I will be keen to see them against tougher opposition.I am happy with the way things are going so far but we are always looking for improvement.

MORE PLAYERS IN?

After the Cambuur match another trialist agrees to join the club.Cherno Samba joins on trial,The 18 year old striker has been released by Millwall.The scouts told me about this player last season but we couldnt get any more reports as he only came on once as a sub for his club.He joins for 4 weeks to try and prove himself in Scotland.

Our top priority now is some back up defence as we could be left short with injurys or suspensions,We have sent the scouts to central europe and Uk and Ireland.

We will hopefully have a few defenders in before the home freindlies but for now we will work with what weve got.

Archived