Request: No Players Database

Diego_Werderdona

This is no longer a request- I have created a database edit where every existing player has been deleted, so the footballing world starts empty except for every team's u19 newgens.

I really enjoy this kind of database, as you get to raise all your youth players and give them a lot of first team experience. I also find that you get to know more players than if you just untick the 'use real players' box, because you start with so few players that as the world grows you can follow the top transfers and which clubs become the ones to look out for.

The only problem I notice is that the eufa co-efficients become a little unbalanced at first as the leagues not selected will have grey-ed out teams which will easily beat those from selected leagues, however this balances out again as the selected leagues tend to get the strongest.

http://rapidshare.com/files/316876915/Deleting_players.xml.zip

(apologies, I am too useless to operate megaupload...)

• 3 weeks later...

I used the players filter and went through 'removing' every player... all 250,000 of them.

Yeah it took a while, am just testing it out now, especially looking at european club coefficients after a few seasons.

I haven't uploaded any databases before, can someone let me know how to best do this?

Felix

I used the players filter and went through 'removing' every player... all 250,000 of them.

Yeah it took a while, am just testing it out now, especially looking at european club coefficients after a few seasons.

I haven't uploaded any databases before, can someone let me know how to best do this?

Felix

Upload just .xml file you created to sites like megaupload.com or sortitoutsi.com

You did those database changes very fast, very very fast. If you started just yesterday. I'm currently struggling with my own custom DB because editor is so slow after some changes.

I may also give some advice for those who want to use macros. Using many myself.

I downloaded it without an account no problem. Seems to work great! =D Thank you so much. Although I wonder, how do you play this database? I have only selected 3 countries and it appears to be that all the worlds best players seem to come from them (except for some worldclass portuguese dribbler!!).

Phoenixx D0wn- I'm sorry, I have no idea what to do about that..

Tommy Styles- Great, I'm pleased to hear it works. I usually select England,italy,spain,germany,holland,portugal and brazil but keep most on view-only, then holiday for three seasons and build a club up from nothing. The only problem I notice is that the eufa co-efficients become a little unbalanced at first as the leagues not selected will have grey-ed out teams which will easily beat those from selected leagues, however this balances out again as the selected leagues tend to get the strongest.

JBZ- yes there is that option but what I like about this is that at the beginning everyone is on level pegging and you really watch your young players grow :)

dont worry diego, just clicking it repeatedly worked in the end, but now a new issue has arisen - I cant progress any further than where I have to register my champions league squad, as I have no homegrown players now apparently - i suppose this issue is avoided by holidaying the first season or so yea

You do all know you can just choose not to use real players when starting a new game, don't you?

I know and I have used it always since FM 2006. But that option is not so good without some further tweaking. Something I'm doing just now.

You do all know you can just choose not to use real players when starting a new game, don't you?

That is a completely different point to the one of this database. To be honest, this database is never very good for a long term game, especially if you like to know all of your players...

beatmama/ atliasg- I'll get onto that!

Phoenixx d0wn- to be "home-grown" a player must have completed three years at the club. For that reason, and because players under 17 can't sign pro contracts (at least not in germany, no idea about other leagues) I holiday for 3 seasons before starting my game.

adma- the clubs are not filled at all, they just begin with their youth team full of 14/15 y/o newgens. I really enjoy this kind of database, as you get to raise all your youth players and give them a lot of first team experience.

Just downloaded it :)

I'll give it a run in a bit.

What kind of results have people been getting 2/3 seasons down the line? Brazil/Argentina still creating the best players? Any small country players coming through as the best in the world?

Adma, The countries you select basically determines where the best players come from. And Diego, you are not completely right, I think the game also generated 25+ players for the first teams, although never worldclass (at least I couldn'tfind them)

I holidayed for 4 seasons, and the most shocking thing was that there were only 3!! Defenders who had Tackling, marking and anticipation above 15. To me this number seems a little low, I mean.. just 3 in the whole world is not THAT much. Other then that my game generated a brilliant dribbler, who reminds me an awful lot of C. Ronaldo (yes he too is portuguese)

I holidayed for 4 seasons, and the most shocking thing was that there were only 3!! Defenders who had Tackling, marking and anticipation above 15. To me this number seems a little low, I mean.. just 3 in the whole world is not THAT much. Other then that my game generated a brilliant dribbler, who reminds me an awful lot of C. Ronaldo (yes he too is portuguese)

Known regen issue as stated on thread http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=172218

what is the differnce between this and starting a new game not using real players?

When you start game with No real players (some things):

- There are many players that are just renamed real players

- Good teams have generally "good" players, even if they are regens/newgens

When using this DB with no players:

- Read Tommy Styles' post.

If you want to play with "use real players: No" option, I recommend Random database. Random database is available to FM 2006, FM 2007 and FM 2008, FM 2010 version is coming, I'm doing it...

It seems that these forums are cleaned from many old topics, so copypaste from Random database 8.0.2 readme:

Introdution: Random Database is created for those who seek ultimate challenge. When not using "real players" option, all player names are random but there are still number of players, who are only renamed (and perhaps nationality changed). On this database, all player's Technical, Mental, Physical and Goalkeeping attributes are set to 0, so when starting new game, FM 2008 must create every players' strengths and weaknesses from scratch.

Usage: Start new game and choose this database. It is recommended that you untick "use real players" box, so that game generates random players. Still, you may use this database with real players. Then "good" players should be "good", but their strengths and weaknesses are randomized. Every time you start new game, you most likely will get totally different set of players, so save your game immediately after creating new game if you want to continue it.

Adma, The countries you select basically determines where the best players come from. And Diego, you are not completely right, I think the game also generated 25+ players for the first teams, although never worldclass (at least I couldn'tfind them)

Did you tick "add key staff"? I think that would cause the players generated in the first team.

I personally actually haven't been playing much at all due to work commitments..

Yeah Diego, I probably did, since I was unsure on whether I would get any players at all if I unticked. I think that this database will play brilliant on machines where you can select a whole heap of countries, but on low end machines it might be somewhat of a struggle to enjoy longer games. I must say I enjoyed seeing how the regen system works, despite it not being perfect.

Archived