Official- Play My Game Thread- (In no way associated with Cleon's thread)

Well this is basically going to be a Vote based game that i will be playing. And updating you all with the progress. Here's basically what will be happening.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>I will post a selection of teams that i'm considering being. And then (if you will) Please vote for which team i could be. That is the team i will be

<LI>Then i will asess the squad i have. And will pick 3/4 positions that i need to strenghthen. I will then scout some players, and the best few for each position i will post up on here and you guys can vote for which player i should bring in.

<LI>Once the players are in, i will ask you guys to pick a tactic for me. A Set or one attacking tactic and a defensive one. From different sets.

It Will then Be Game Time!.

Now im not sure if this is a good idea or not. But hey, worth a shot. Its like a completely democratic game, and we will see how we all get on icon_smile.gif.

So here we go.

Teams You May Choose From

Newcastle United

Manchester City

Fiorentina

Palermo(sp?)

At.Madrid

Getafe

Thanks Guys.

Ummm, maybe I'm just being skeptic, but wouldnt it be easier for us to actually play the game itself?? icon_confused.gif

Ah well, what do I know. Might turn out to be a great idea and I'm always open to new things! icon_biggrin.gif

I vote Getafe. Why? Because this might come in handy for people who're trying to play as Getafe! I think the rest all have an official thread (except Palermo).

No idea about tactics tbh. I always use my own so really cant say. The only other one I've ever used is Kimz's which I'll never vote for because it becomes too easy with it.

For that reason, I vote my own tactic which can be found here:

Click

Just scroll down a little and you'll see it. Its a different tactic to the one DiscoStu94 mentioned though. I'd like somebody to try it anyway and there are two of them. Maybe you can have both to see which one your team adapts to best? icon_confused.gif

Ooops! Didnt think this through did I?! icon_redface.gif

Anyway, I think you should have 1 defensive tactic as well to go along with the ones I have. When you're playing away from home against a big team, you cant go in with my tactics because you'll get screwed. Those tactics were designed specifically for my Arsenal team and Getafe is no Arsenal! So yeah, at home and against weaker teams (are there any?!), play my tactics and away from home and also at home against bigger teams, some defensive tactics. You can make one of your own.

Right o Hulky.

Anyway I need to Bolster DM, DC, ST. =]

Defensive Midfield Options.

Adrian Ropotan 300K Max to pay for this guy.

Stelvio 20K icon_cool.gif

Éderson About 450K.

Who's the best out of these 3 guys? You pick, you vote.

Central Defenders Options.

Geovanny Caicedo Will cost me 50K. I Founded him *Smug look* icon_biggrin.gif

Diego Crosa Around 160k.

as you can see im looking for cheap bargains.

Now ill ask you to pick the best out of those. As i need my bed. And alot of things for a GPTG'er to think of at a night time, is not a good thing icon_smile.gif Ill ask for more positions tomorrow. Get voting icon_smile.gif

DM - Ederson since he's got the best stats of the 3 at the start.

CB - Caicedo (good find btw) since he's cheaper, braver and the other stats are about the same.

Btw, after you're done with these 3 positions, you should also put up some players to bring in on loan. I already vote for Havard Nordtveit, Yoann Gourcuff and Bojan as ST (if he'll come that is). icon_biggrin.gificon_razz.gif

It's a nice idea, good if you have lots of people getting involved though. A bit more of an in depth description of wht the Getafe squad is like, so we can make decisions over where actually needs improvements. Not knowing the state of the forwards, I would STRONGLY recommend you try and get Bojan on loan ASAP, before the hordes of La Liga teams try to do it as well.

Getafe have three foreign players, so, unless Ederson has another nationality (within the EU), we'll have to get someone else. You're allowed 4 non EU players right?

He does. Italian iirc.

What are the strikers like at Getafe?
Not knowing the state of the forwards, I would STRONGLY recommend you try and get Bojan on loan ASAP, before the hordes of La Liga teams try to do it as well.

Actually, the forwards at Getafe are not bad. Ikechukwu Uche is excellent and is their best ST. Kepa is good too. He's got good strength and can hold the ball up well I reckon. Braulio is on loan as well and he's good too. Lacks composure though. So even if he cant land Bojan on loan, its not a huge deal I reckon. Would be great if he could land him ofcourse.

Pkd Name Age Position

GK Roberto Abbondanzieri 34 GK

- Jon Herrera 16 GK

S1 Oscar Ustari 21 GK

DC Daniel Díaz 27 SW, D C

S8 Manuel Tena 30 SW, D C

S11 David Belenguer 34 D C

- Geovanny Caicedo 26 D C

DC Mario 25 D C

- HÃ¥vard Nordtveit 17 D C, DM

DR Cosmin Contra 31 D/WB R

S5 David Cortés 27 D/WB R

DL Franck Signorino 25 D/WB L

S2 Lucas Licht 26 D/WB/M L

S3 Casquero 30 DM

S10 Fabio Celestini 31 DM

S6 Miguel Pallardó 20 DM

- Adrian Ropotan 21 DM

- Stélvio 18 DM

S9 Mario Cotelo 32 DM, M RC

MC Rubén De la Red 22 DM, AM C

- Pablo Redondo 25 M R

MR Pablo Hernández 22 AM R

S12 Sousa 27 AM RC

S7 Manu del Moral 23 AM R, ST

ML Jaime Gavilán 22 AM L

MC Esteban Granero 20 AM C

- Bojan 16 ST

FC Braulio 21 ST

S4 Kepa 23 ST

FC Ikechukwu Uche 23 ST

Well thats the 1st team squad line up. And i need to replace quite a few players as there getting on. But im going only to make a few key player signings a season so the team gels, because the last thing we need is for the squad no to gel and to Fudge up icon_smile.gif.

Best lineup

In Home 4-4-2(Hulks Tac)

GK:- Abbondanzieri

DR:- Contra

DL:- Signorino

DC:- Daniel Diaz

DC:- Caicedo

MR:- Hernández

ML:- Gavilán

MC:- Ruben de La Red

MC:- Ropotan

ST:- Bojan

ST:- Uche

In Away 4-3-1-2(Forgot Tac Name)

GK:- Abbondanzieri

DR:- Contra

DL:- Signorino

DC:- Diaz

DC:- Caicedo

MC:- Casquero

MC:- Ropotan

MC:- Cotelo

AMC:- De la Red

ST:- Uche

ST:- Bojan.

Best players on the team are.(In Brackets Is best youth player)

GK-Abbondanzieri for a season(Ustari)

DF-Daniel Diaz(Nordtveit)

MF-De la Red(Miguel Pallardo)

AT-Bojan(Braulio)

Is that ok for you guys icon_smile.gif

This Result Turned Me On icon_smile.gif

Great 1st friendly, some very, very, slick impressive passing, the new guys like Ropotan and Bojan linking up with others. Ropotan Ran the 3 central MC's on this game, immence. But De la Red got a hat-trick icon_smile.gif. Yay, Uche and an own goal took us too 5-0 then an own goal in an unfortunate John Arne Risse-esque type ball crossed in, tried to clear behind but into goal instead. lol, that took the game too 5-1, great away result if you ask me icon_smile.gif

Good start mate. Sweet that you got Bojan on loan. That should sort out your striker force with Uche and Bojan upfront.

Anyway, put Gourcuff on your shortlist. Keep putting in an offer every week and you should land him at some point on loan. Most games he goes on loan in season 1. So just wait for a bit.

Is there no player in your team thats wanted by another club? Maybe a chance to make some money? How much more do you have left for transfers?

Archived