4-4-1-1 Liverpool (FM10) - PL title first season

EDIT 20.07.10: Links for tactic in first post fixed. Also added link for the final version (also found in one of the last posts).

Just finished my 20th season, achievements as follows;

17 Premiership titles (first 10 in a row)

16 Champions League titles (last 10 in a row)

8 League Cup titles

7 FA-Cup titles

My striker, now an english world class striker, has won world player of the year 7 times (He's now 31).

My wingers have both won the same award along with other awards and nominations.

Recomended!

FINAL VERSION - http://www.filefront.com/17128701/Zen%20Liverpool%20v.%20FINAL%20%28Liverpool%2C%20Aug%202024%29.tac

PS regarding final version; This is a version of the tactic more suited around the players I have to this date (year 2029), and they are all world class more or less. Therefore I suggest the use of either the first version or the second verions of the tactic if you've just started out with your Liverpool game. Please feel free to try it with any other team, just keep in mind that it's more vital then ever to use the right players in the right position. Study the tactic and each player role before chosing your team, and if you don't have a player that fits the specific role he's given in the tactic - simply change it to meet your players needs, but do not change to much, as it seems the balance in the tactic is pretty good as it is and to much modification may or may not f it up. Good luck!

EDIT 30.01.10: 10 Premiership titles in a row, 6 CL titles in a row (7 total), 6 FA Cup titles in a row (7 total) and 6 league cup titles. Also won the European Championship with France, which means I won the Premiership, Champions League, FA-Cup, League Cup and the European Championship in one season. Win rate of 74%. Tactic seems almost unbeatable.

PS: Use instructions during game if you can't get goals even if you're having the chances or the possession. "Get forward" and "get ball in the box" if you've got posession and shots but cant get goals. When you're first on crossess, take advantage of it by focussing passing down both flanks, choose "use wingers" and (i use Norwegian, but it should be something like smashing the ball in to the box, you'll know which one it is) on instructions. If you've only got posession, but can't create chances, make your players shoot when they have the opertunity.

Well, here goes all or nothing!

I've never posted on this site before, I've just been lurking around trying to grab a good tactic or two as I've never really sat down to try to make one on my own. Although that works, it just doesnt give the same great feeling as when you manage to win with your own tactic. So I figured I'd try to make one when I bought FM 10, one that I could make work with my beloved Liverpool.

The result was pretty much great from game #1. Like I said, I've never sat down to really create a tactic before, so forgive me if I've done something that doesnt make sense if you've read one of the guides to tactics thingies, or anything like that, I'm just trying to explain what my ideas behind the tactics where, and how it seems to work.

I knew I wanted Gerrard behind Torres, and that I wanted Aquilani besides Mascherano, and I knew I wanted Johnson involved a lot in attack. I tried my best making each of those positions as perfect as I could for each of those players, and then sort of "playing it safe" with the rest of the team. To explain in short terms, Gerrard has an advanced playmaker-role, Torres a complete forward, Aquilani box-to-box (training him to go deep to get ball improved him a lot), Mascherano a ballwinning midfielder and Johnson a wingback. The fun thing is that Lucas played fantastic in the "Aquilani-role" when the italian was injured.

I also made Agger the ballplaying defender, and he seems to be playing well with those settings. I mainly use Riera as the left winger, having him focuse on the attacking part of the game. Kuyt is on the right, playing as a wide midfielder with automatic on his duties. Riera now has 15 assists in 24 games and is playing very well, and Kuyt seems to be one of my best players in every game. Also tried Insua as a wingback, but that didnt go to well. Playing him as a supportive back seems to compliment his skills the best. Also I trained Johnson to run with ball down the right side, to go forward when possible and to stay wide.

The results I got was pretty good. I won the premiership the first season, ending up with 85 points, 9 in front of Chelsea, scoring 99 goals and conceeding 33. I played the crap out of Sevilla with both Torres and Gerrard injured in the Quarter final of the Champions League, yet they beat me 2 - 1 over two games. Didnt do to well in the FA-Cup, as I lost to City 1 - 0 in the 6th round, also with vital players injured. I did win the League Cup, though.

Apart from the Premiership title and winning 5 - 0 over Utd at home, 5 - 3 over Arsenal, a couple of wins by 5-6-7-8 goals, what amazed me the most was the partnership between Torres and Gerrard. It was simply brilliant. Gerrard ended up with 52 (3) games, 53 goals (39 league goals) and 29 assists, landing 20 MOM awards, and Torres stopped at 51 games, 39 goals and 19 assists. Gerrard landed both of the player of the year awards, the European player of the year award and midfielder of the year award. He also won best player and topscorer in both CL and PL. Torres came in second behind Gerrard on all of those. Next year, Gerrard won everything all over again. It seems the corner tactics also is above average.

Now, 29 league games into my second season, I've scored on almost 20 corners (team #2 is at 6-7 something). And guess what, Carragher is my top goalscorer in the league, with 14 goals in 28 games. Last season he stopped at "only" 12 in total. Fyi, the topscorer in the league, Agbonlahor has 16..

I don't know what else to write about the tactic, as a quick look through the tactic when downloaded will give more answers than I care to write. I can only tell how I intended it to be, and that after a couple of tweeks, it seems to work great. The first season needed a few adjustments in defence, but the final version I'm playing with now has conceeded the least and scored the most in the premiership so far, so I think it's improving.

So, withouth babling on any further, I give you the download-link for the tactic. Ain't never done this before, so I hope I dont crash the entire forum when I try to upload photos and link to the tactic :D

TACTIC:

http://www.filefront.com/17128633/Zenix%204-4-1-1%20Liverpool%20%20%28Liverpool%2C%20Feb%202011%29.tac

67322956.th.jpg

sg82.th.jpg

TACTIC SECOND VERSION:

http://www.filefront.com/17128581/Zen%20Liverpool%20v.%204%20%28Liverpool%2C%20Okt%202013%29.tac

Current team; Reina, Insua, Sakho, Zapata, Vucini (Young italian back, 20 years, one of the best players in the world, worth 16mp), Ribery, Mascherano, Moussa Sissoko, Gourcuff, Hamsik, Torres.

This is the version I'm using at the moment. It seems to be even more controlling, and it's a bit more daring then the first tactic. A few tweaks are made, basically just adjustments that has made this tactic better and better for me and my team. I won everything with Liverpool using this tactic in my fifth season (Premiership, CL, FA-Cup and League Cup. Also Charity Shields and Club World Cup). Now, 24 (20 wins, 4 draws - 55 - 14 GD) games into the leagues 6th season I'm 15 points ahead of City in the league, and I haven't lost a single game besides a league cup match against Arsenal where I deliberately played a ****** team so I could let my players get som freakin rest for once.

So, there you go. I'll be honored to have anyone trying out my tactic, and I hope that it will prove to be a good tactic for you as well. I don't consider myself to be a tactical wizard, and as I've said and underlined, I've never done a tactic before, nor have I added anything here, so be gentle :D

Good luck,

Zen!

played first 2 games with this tactic and seems good, really dominating but having some trouble to find the goals atm

gonna put the amc as a 2nd striker as i only have 1 AMC and few good extra strikers, hope that works out better

as for corners, can u give more info on where ur best headers are placed

because i got 26 corners in those first 2 games and from those 26 only 2 going towards goal, seemed a bit low :D

played atleast 10 games.. and corners are terrible, scored maybe 1.. striker hardly ever gets ball,

in short.. if ur not playing liverpool with set players this is kinda useless.. as team roles are very specific, and you either have to reset half of them or find fitting players.. in any case half of the games were either draw or loss for me.. playing as leeds, in ch as second season, and contender for promotion..

played first 2 games with this tactic and seems good, really dominating but having some trouble to find the goals atm

gonna put the amc as a 2nd striker as i only have 1 AMC and few good extra strikers, hope that works out better

as for corners, can u give more info on where ur best headers are placed

because i got 26 corners in those first 2 games and from those 26 only 2 going towards goal, seemed a bit low :D

I'm using Carragher on the right central defender spot, I think the corner setup is also in the tactic. It's also vital to put ur best players in each of those positions. A tip is, if you're not Liverpool and using the same players, to go through every player instruction and see which one of your players who scores highest on the highlighted skills that are vital for the specific role.

played atleast 10 games.. and corners are terrible, scored maybe 1.. striker hardly ever gets ball,

in short.. if ur not playing liverpool with set players this is kinda useless.. as team roles are very specific, and you either have to reset half of them or find fitting players.. in any case half of the games were either draw or loss for me.. playing as leeds, in ch as second season, and contender for promotion..

Sort of had an idea that it might not work with other teams, as it is as you say, very specificly adjusted to Liverpool. You might have some luck spending some time making sure the right players are being used in the right parts and roles on the pitch. If you've got a couple of obvious stars, you should try to make adjust some of the player roles, perhaps that will help. For instance when I get Agger injured, I have to change that position for Skrtel, same thing when Lucas comes in for Mascherano. I also change the striker role from when Torres plays, to when Babel plays.

FYI the right central defender is the one set up to score on corners. I suggest you put your biggest, strongest and best header as that player. If you don't have a CD with good stats on those things, you should change the corner setup for the Right CD to a player that has those stats.

Also it's important to through free kick takers and so on. In general making sure each player is the best available for each position and each part of the field.

This is not a criticism per se, but I think this tactic will not be very compatible with many teams. Your tactic is based around having two world-class players up top playing the play-maker and complete-forward roles. Then you have Mascherano winning the balls and Aquilani running the midfield.

In the EPL, I can only think of Chelsea who can match that. Lampard and Drogba can do what Gerrard and Torres do. Essien and BAllack can do what Aquilani do. And Bosingwa can do what Glen Johnson does.

But it's a tactic that is well tuned to the Liverpool's squad, so bravo to you for that.

Fitting the tactic to the players you have, and choosing the right role for each player, is the key in FM2010 i think.

And your tactic seems interesting for liverpool.

Can you post a screenshot of your hole squad ? I'd like to see which players you have used most, who were your better subs... and see the ratings and goal scored of all the players.

This is not a criticism per se, but I think this tactic will not be very compatible with many teams. Your tactic is based around having two world-class players up top playing the play-maker and complete-forward roles. Then you have Mascherano winning the balls and Aquilani running the midfield.

In the EPL, I can only think of Chelsea who can match that. Lampard and Drogba can do what Gerrard and Torres do. Essien and BAllack can do what Aquilani do. And Bosingwa can do what Glen Johnson does.

But it's a tactic that is well tuned to the Liverpool's squad, so bravo to you for that.

This is also why I chose to call it a Liverpool tactic. I have not tested it with any other team, I've just been adjusting it for some time, and I've tried to let each player play in a way that compliments their skills. Yet, I've been playing with Cassano both on top and in Gerrards role, with Babel in front of him, and the tactic still works very well. I've been playing Lucas in Aquilanis role, and he instantly gets media and other clubs attention for playing really well. I've also used Spearing in Johnsons role for 10 games in a row when Glen was injured, and Spearing won young player of the month twice when doing so.

Yet the thing that caused me to post the tactic, was the incredible partnership between Torres and Gerrard. A total of 90 goals and 48 assists in 53 games between the two has to be in one way the tactics fault.

Like I said, I'm no tactical wizard as I've never really tried before making one for myself, but rule #1 when you're using a tactic has to be to play the right players in the right roles. And maybe changing playmaker and target man, if the teams "Torres and Gerrard" has different fav. positions than the two of them.

Fitting the tactic to the players you have, and choosing the right role for each player, is the key in FM2010 i think.

And your tactic seems interesting for liverpool.

Can you post a screenshot of your hole squad ? I'd like to see which players you have used most, who were your better subs... and see the ratings and goal scored of all the players.

It certainly looks that way. Yet, I believe some key elements and yings & yangs need to be the foundation of the tactic ultimatly. I don't believe theree can be made a Diablo tactic anymore, where one could play Skrtel as the attacking midfielder and having him score 100 goals a season, the tactical system for FM and the AI is way beyond that ttd. Something that has been proven, as some has success with Knaps tactic, others with the Piranha tactic, while some criticise them all. The main rules ar clearly to know your squad and the players abilities, and play them both in the right position and with the right instructions.

SCREENSHOT SQUAD:

squady.th.jpg

This screenshot doesn't really give the best idea of the tactic this season, as I've struggled with both injuries and suspensions (Had a little dicipline problem going on), with Torres f.ex injured for 5 months, Cassano out for 3, Aquilani and Riera out for several times as well, which has forced me to play Babel both as a striker, left winger and AM. The same with Lucas. But it gives the idea of which players I use the most.

My starting 11 (from right to left); Reina - Johnson, Carragher, Agger, Insua - Kuyt, Aquilani, Mascherano, Riera (Cassano) - Gerrard - Torres.

Agger is a ballplaying defender, so I have to change this role when Skrtel is playing instead of him. Other than that, I more and more tend to look at players qualities when I want him to replace someone, and try until i succeed with giving hime the position and instructions that compliments his skills the most. Although, I rarely change instructions, and certainly not much, and I never do anything with the basics of the tactic.

Just FYI, I use Gerrard as the playmaker and Torres as the target man.

tried it with liverpool...lost in last 16 in UCL, lost in last 16 in FA cup, won League Cup, finished 2nd in PRM LG...

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/5014/20091110125427.jpg

Well, at least I don't consider that to be to bad, first season and all with Liverpool. Had the same problems in CL myself, but now it works really well there to.

One essential thing to do, is to change any player that starts to get tired. Not just in game, but also if your schedule is tight. I try my best to rest players that drop close to 90% on the squad menu, and it proved to be one of the smartest things I've done. Had some results not working for me (only 1 - 0, an occasional draw and so on) around the tight schedule in late december, and resting Torres, Gerrard and Aquilani helped alot, even if the replacements were Babel, Benayoun and Lucas.

Also, remember to make Gerrard the playmaker, and Torres the target man. Also follow your assistants advice on what to have each player work on in training. This changed both Johnson and Aquilani drasticly for me.

And, I don't consider the tactic to be perfect, but I do consider it good, at least good enough to use and try to make it better. I do that all the time, trying to read all the analyses Sammy Lee gives me during the game, and by checking how the players perform. From letting in 33 goals last season (which is too much in my mind), I'm now the team letting in the least goals. At the same time I keep scoring a lot. But like I've said, it's that amazing partnership between Torres and Gerrard that got me. The numbers those two had between them in my first season is amazing, regardless of the tactic, and it has to meen something in the tactic is worth keeping and certainly worth having the rest of the team built around.

Well, at least I don't consider that to be to bad, first season and all with Liverpool. Had the same problems in CL myself, but now it works really well there to.

One essential thing to do, is to change any player that starts to get tired. Not just in game, but also if your schedule is tight. I try my best to rest players that drop close to 90% on the squad menu, and it proved to be one of the smartest things I've done. Had some results not working for me (only 1 - 0, an occasional draw and so on) around the tight schedule in late december, and resting Torres, Gerrard and Aquilani helped alot, even if the replacements were Babel, Benayoun and Lucas.

Also, remember to make Gerrard the playmaker, and Torres the target man. Also follow your assistants advice on what to have each player work on in training. This changed both Johnson and Aquilani drasticly for me.

And, I don't consider the tactic to be perfect, but I do consider it good, at least good enough to use and try to make it better. I do that all the time, trying to read all the analyses Sammy Lee gives me during the game, and by checking how the players perform. From letting in 33 goals last season (which is too much in my mind), I'm now the team letting in the least goals. At the same time I keep scoring a lot. But like I've said, it's that amazing partnership between Torres and Gerrard that got me. The numbers those two had between them in my first season is amazing, regardless of the tactic, and it has to meen something in the tactic is worth keeping and certainly worth having the rest of the team built around.

it's a pleasant and quite grinny tactic...i was pleased with it

Quick question before i try this, why is one of the the centre backs mentality set to attacking? Also the full backs have totaly different instructions (but both almost on all out attack)? Are they not meant to attack as a unit?

I'll give this a crack with Bayern but i have a feeling i'll conceed bucket loads of goals...

Actually don't think i'll even bother. Got raped in my first game with it losing 3-0, and it could have been 6-0.

Quick question before i try this, why is one of the the centre backs mentality set to attacking? Also the full backs have totaly different instructions (but both almost on all out attack)? Are they not meant to attack as a unit?

I'll give this a crack with Bayern but i have a feeling i'll conceed bucket loads of goals...

Actually don't think i'll even bother. Got raped in my first game with it losing 3-0, and it could have been 6-0.

Mentalities on every single player is adjusted by the roles given to them. It seems to work really well with my players, Agger and Carragher with both Aquilani and Mascherano helping them, but if your defenders are being raped you'll need to adjust some of the instructions given to them.

The reason the backs have different instructions, is because Johnson simply plays great as a wingback, while Insua dont. It's the same thing with the wingers. Riera has an attacking role, while Kuyt is more of a wide midfielder, taking as much responsibility in defence as in attack. With Bayern for instance, you'll need to change this settings, but I'm sure Lahm does great in a role similar to Johnsons in my team.

And again, I can't underline this enough - it's not as easy as to just throw on your best players where you see fit and expect every single instruction to fit them as well as they do in Liverpools team. In a team such as Bayern, you have to great attackers in Klose and Toni, and I would probably use Toni as a defensive attacker, with Klose on top. Another alternative could be to throw Ribery in behind one of the attackers, or even have him as an OMV with playmaker role. You need to set up your best team, then check the tactics screen and adjust the Roles and Duties until they fit each player the best. The tactic itself seems to compliment a well thought thru list of player instructions.

Just won my second PL-title now, second season, and the Champions League, where I beat Barcelona. Also lost to City in the FA-Cup semifinals 1 - 0, having a goal disallowed and one red card, yet having a lot more chances then them. The only thing I keep focusing on is to make sure a players instructions are complimenting his skills as much as they are the player he's replacing. I also try more and more to give live shouts if the team is not performing as I want them to.

That being said, this is a tactic based solely and only on Liverpool. I have not tried it with Bayern, but I could give it a go and see if it works good there to with adjustments.

Great performance considering that your only signings are Cassano and a few young prospects (gunnarson, keko, koke...) in two years.

I see that Insua is the only left defender of your team ! No back up for him ?

Thank you very much! I have to say I'm pleased myself, as the Liverpool squad doesnt have much backup whatsoever.

I sold Dossena in the january window, so I've had some decent backup for Insua when needed. Insua has played over 100 games in two seasons for me, so he isnt the one getting injured the most. When needed, I use Johnson or Buchtman (think that's the right spelling) on the left, and Carragher or Kelly on the right. Kelly, I might add, has been tremendous in that right back pos when needed.

Just finishing the second season, getting a ******** of cash from the board, I decided to make a few changes. I sold Kuyt (9mp, Tottenham) and Babel (10mp, Sevilla) and a couple of players on the reserve team, got Ribery for free (!!) and bought Gourcuff (14,5mp) and Zapata (17mp). Had to change the right winger instructions, and Gourcuff seems to perform really well.

do you always play strategi offensive???

I always play the same tactic, yes. I only change player instructions if I have to replace a player that has very specific instructions. F.ex Ribery for Aquilani etc.

Also it's wise to read what the ass. man tells you during the game. That, and the shout from touchline thingy has proven very useful.

Could you post screenies of mascherano and aquilani's instructions? thanks

It's very simple, really. Masch has ballwinning midfielder focusing on defence. The only thing I've changed is mentality to middle, long shots to never and crossballs to never.

Aquilani has deep playmaker with supportive role, changing runs from deep to often, long shots often, through balls often.

Everything is in the tactic.

I've been trying out this tactic with a new Liverpool save game and although after 20 games I'm still unbeaten, I'm not getting quite the reward that you did in your first season. I'm using the same players' position as you are too.

I score quite a few goals through set pieces but from open play, I find that we waste far too many chances. 20 shots on target might produce only the one goal which can be frustrating. Gerard and Torres are the worst culprits and have scored a very modest amount compared with your results.

I've also noticed that the opposition tend to have a lot of chances although they are restricted to long shots on the whole but it can still be a little disconcerting to see a struggling prem team having 10 chances.

I'm sticking with the tactic this season of course seeing as I've been having the results even though the performances don't always match and will let you know how I get on tomorrow. Thanks Zenix.

man i 'm in love with this tactic i have a strong midfield(yoann, cesc, veloso, sneijder, coutinho, motta, vela)...i interested about your touchline instructions most used by you....

I'm really glad to hear that it works well for you! When I use touchline instructions, I try to read the info my assistant manager gives me thru the game. If he says we're good at keeping the ball, but we don't get to many chances, I use "get the ball forward". If we're creating a lot of chances, but only shots from far off, I use "Utnytt flankene" (I use norwegian, guess it's something like exploit/use flanks or something in english), and "get the ball in the box".

I've been trying out this tactic with a new Liverpool save game and although after 20 games I'm still unbeaten, I'm not getting quite the reward that you did in your first season. I'm using the same players' position as you are too.

I score quite a few goals through set pieces but from open play, I find that we waste far too many chances. 20 shots on target might produce only the one goal which can be frustrating. Gerard and Torres are the worst culprits and have scored a very modest amount compared with your results.

I've also noticed that the opposition tend to have a lot of chances although they are restricted to long shots on the whole but it can still be a little disconcerting to see a struggling prem team having 10 chances.

I'm sticking with the tactic this season of course seeing as I've been having the results even though the performances don't always match and will let you know how I get on tomorrow. Thanks Zenix.

Still unbeaten after 20 games? That sounds really good. I havent gotten the same crazy numbers of goals on Gerrard/Torres the following seasons, as Torres has been injured a lot and Gerrard has been used as a box-to-box player instead, but my last season now, Torres ended up with 36 league goals in 34 games, topscorer of European Championship and golden boot. It might help to deny Torres and Gerrard to shoot from distance, and even try to deny them as much freedom as they are getting.

I'm still working on the tactic, and using the assistant managers info during games is most helpfull. I've changed it quite a bit, aspecially in defence, and that seems to have given me a lot more control in games. I still have to many shots on goal without getting goals, but I'm denying the opposition room to get shots of. I'll upload the tactic I'm playing with now so you can give it a go if you will. I might add that my team today is different from the one I build the tactic around in the first place, so you should go over player instructions and see if what I use match the ones you want to use.

My team today is; Reina - Johnson, Zapata, Sakho (Just sold Agger 20mp, bought Sakho 30mp), Insua - Ribery, Mascherano, Gerrard, Gourceff - Hamsik (5mp, City, still laughing 'bout this one) - Torres.

http://www.filefront.com/14962569/Zen%20Liverpool%20v.%204%20%28Liverpool%2C%20Okt%202013%29.tac

Still the same tactic, but with a few adjustments. The biggest ones being in defence, as well as the right winger (Kuyt for Gourceff, had to change it). I can't seem to get the defensice midfielder (LCM) to get the best stats during a season, but I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Both my wingers (Ribery and Gourceff) play excellent (both nominated for player of the year etc.), and the AM and the attacker plays well no matter what.

I won the Premiership and the League Cup in my first season. Second season I won Premiership and Champions League. Third season I won Premiership, FA Cup and League Cup, and my fourth season I won the Premiership. Now, 15 games into season #5, I'm 1st in the Premiership and in my CL group, with 4 draws and 11 wins.

I've played 251 games. Out of those I've won 169, drawn 49 and lost 33. I've scored 564 goals and conceeded 205. That makes a win percent of 67%, and I consider that to be pretty good.

And like you said TheUnderdog, it's a very attacking and entertaining tactic, and that to me is pretty vital. I don't want to win the league with GD of 38 - 0, so I'm pleased to see that I've scored 99 goals in one season, as well as 96 my last season.

May I also suggest that when you set up your team, go over each player and see if my instructions are what each player would prefer. In front, I don't believe any adjustments are needed, as long as you have two attacking wingers, one AM that's creative, a box-to-box and a defensive midfielder playing in the right positions, but I've come to learn that my backs got a lot better when I adjusted the settings, as well as the centerbacks. FYI, the left CB is now the one who is set up to score from corners and such, as oppose to it being the right one on the first tactic. Also go thru set pieces takers and corner takers, as it proves vital. I just got a young italian right back who has a mean free kick foot, and he's scored a few lovely goals for me like that.

Loving the reply, and I hope it works out even better now.

Zen

Whats the goal stats for your wingers?

Gourceff ended up with 8 goals and 22 assists in 44 games. Ribery had 11 goals and 16 assists in 39 games. Both wingers are usually amongst the 10 players in the league with most assists. I've changed the instructions a bit from when I played Riera (Ribery cuts in instead of staying close to the touchline), but Riera had 24 assists in 27 games his last season for me.

doesnt work with tottenham

I think you mean you haven’t been able to get it to work with Tottenham, not it doesn’t work with Tottenham.

Come on mate, this kind of response is hardly productive. The OP has provided a fair bit of detail about the tactic and has been very upfront that he has set it up specifically for Liverpool and that he is tweaking a fair bit with regard to player instructions, assistant’s advice etc. He’s also making efforts to answer questions and assisting others giving the tactic a go. How about you show a bit of mutual respect and actually give some detail as to what you have experienced with the tactic as Tottenham, that way the OP might be able to help you out.

Sorry but I just feel like posts like yours do absolutely nothing to contribute in a positive way to this forum/community.

Just a quick question, Do you place your amc directly behind your striker?

I play a 4-4-1-1 aswell, but my amc play in the amcl/amcr position, while the striker is still playing central. I've tried to play the amc central aswell, but whenever I do that, the striker plays horrible, while the amc is really brilliant. When set up my way, they both contribute, though the amc is not as brilliant as he is when playing central. Any thoughts and hints regarding this would be appreciated :)

Just a quick question, Do you place your amc directly behind your striker?

I play a 4-4-1-1 aswell, but my amc play in the amcl/amcr position, while the striker is still playing central. I've tried to play the amc central aswell, but whenever I do that, the striker plays horrible, while the amc is really brilliant. When set up my way, they both contribute, though the amc is not as brilliant as he is when playing central. Any thoughts and hints regarding this would be appreciated :)

Yes, I place my AMC directly behind my striker. To me it has worked really good. Both my striker and my AMC plays football out of this world (It's now Hamsik and Torres, as Gerrard has turned 33 and needs more rest). I don't know what I might be doing right and you "wrong" as to that specific line-up of the two, but the instructions I use for them are as follows; Hamsik with attacking playmaker instructions, and attacking as his main focus (he is also the playmaker in the team), and Torres with Complete Striker (Think that's the term, I use Norwegian so I don't know) with attacking obviously his main focus as well. He is also the target man, with "on foot" instructions. I've also devoted some time to experimenting with the tactic, and Torres turns into a wild beast of you focus everything on him. By that, I mean aim all crosses on him, if it's your defenders or midfielders it doesnt matter, make them all aim for the target man. I'm still tuning on that idea, but he scores in every single game and completely tares the opposite defence into pieces. Even so, I have a theory that if your defensive players focus on passing to your AMC, while your attacking players focuse on passing to your striker (target man), it might get even better, but that's still just a theory.

To sum up and answer you in short terms; AMC as playmaker with attacking playmaker with attacking as main focus, and striker with complete attacker and attacking as main focus. I'll give your AMLC/AMRC a try and see how it works out, you never know :)

I think you mean you haven’t been able to get it to work with Tottenham, not it doesn’t work with Tottenham.

Come on mate, this kind of response is hardly productive. The OP has provided a fair bit of detail about the tactic and has been very upfront that he has set it up specifically for Liverpool and that he is tweaking a fair bit with regard to player instructions, assistant’s advice etc. He’s also making efforts to answer questions and assisting others giving the tactic a go. How about you show a bit of mutual respect and actually give some detail as to what you have experienced with the tactic as Tottenham, that way the OP might be able to help you out.

Sorry but I just feel like posts like yours do absolutely nothing to contribute in a positive way to this forum/community.

I have to say thank you. Although I'm sorry he couldnt make it work with Spurs, it's nice to see there are gentlemen out there :-)

Yes, I place my AMC directly behind my striker. To me it has worked really good. Both my striker and my AMC plays football out of this world (It's now Hamsik and Torres, as Gerrard has turned 33 and needs more rest). I don't know what I might be doing right and you "wrong" as to that specific line-up of the two, but the instructions I use for them are as follows; Hamsik with attacking playmaker instructions, and attacking as his main focus (he is also the playmaker in the team), and Torres with Complete Striker (Think that's the term, I use Norwegian so I don't know) with attacking obviously his main focus as well. He is also the target man, with "on foot" instructions. I've also devoted some time to experimenting with the tactic, and Torres turns into a wild beast of you focus everything on him. By that, I mean aim all crosses on him, if it's your defenders or midfielders it doesnt matter, make them all aim for the target man. I'm still tuning on that idea, but he scores in every single game and completely tares the opposite defence into pieces. Even so, I have a theory that if your defensive players focus on passing to your AMC, while your attacking players focuse on passing to your striker (target man), it might get even better, but that's still just a theory.

To sum up and answer you in short terms; AMC as playmaker with attacking playmaker with attacking as main focus, and striker with complete attacker and attacking as main focus. I'll give your AMLC/AMRC a try and see how it works out, you never know :)

Thanks Zenix, I'll give it a try. The Norwegian term for complete forward is tricky by the way, somehow "komplett angriper" seems a bit too directly translated. :D

Hi Zenix

amazing tactic, im using it with Man Utd and have gone 23 unbeaten in the league.

front 2 scoring for fun, corners at least 1 every 2 games

defenders all scoring regularly and the most amazing result after a few 4 or 5 goal hauls, was beating chelsea 8-2,

i was absolutely gob smacked.

i make a couple of tweaks every game depending on opposition, but its basically your tactic.

i know you wont be happy that man utd are doing well, but well done, incredible.

tried making a couple of tactics myself with limited success, now yours is my template.

once again well done

Well Im going to play with Liverpool and give it a go. Basically I have played with my team Spurs and did get 4th in 3rd year but couldnt progress from there having got to 2014 so Liverpool would be good to try and win league AFTER ALL IN REAL LIFE THEY HAVE F'D UP BIG TIME.

I've gotta say im normally a staunch supporter of the 2 up front system.

but at the end of the season:

played 38 won 29 drawn 9 lost 0

goals for 114 goals against 35

two main front men got 43 and 37 goals

with others adding 21, 19,12,10 then a few single figures

goals from corners 24

i would say pretty good

96 points second place 82 points

I've gotta say im normally a staunch supporter of the 2 up front system.

but at the end of the season:

played 38 won 29 drawn 9 lost 0

goals for 114 goals against 35

two main front men got 43 and 37 goals

with others adding 21, 19,12,10 then a few single figures

goals from corners 24

i would say pretty good

96 points second place 82 points

I'm really glad the tactic worked out well for you, aspecially since it was with another team than Liverpool. Seems to me you ended up having a fantastic season!

I normally fancy two strikers on top myself, or at least two attacking midfielders/attackers behind a single strikers, but Liverpool just dont have two great strikers, so I figured I'd have to go for a partnership between Gerrard as AM and Torres as a striker. As the AM is very attacking, it's almost like you're playing with two strikers.

How did you do in CL & FA Cup? And how about assists?

Let me know if the success continues with the tactic, sure makes my day to see I've contributed to something, although I'd also love to see you go for another tactic and get that ****** team of yours relegated :D

it was the 2013-2014 season so had a few new players

league results

rooney main striker 22 goals

sergio aguero amc 26 goals 21 assists

left wing ashley young 19 assists

beat chelsea 2-1 in champions league final hurrah

lost in semi of fa cup to spurs 4-3 after extra time

lost in league cup quarter final to sunderland after penalties, after trying out my youngsters

about to start the world cup as england using same tactic

worried next season will be a disappointment

will try not to get relegated, but thanks for the kind words

now in season 2014-2015

and unbeaten in 49 games

nice

I'm glad it works that good for you. How's the stats, still getting a lot of goals from your two frontmen?

I just finished my fifth season winning everything (League, CL, FA-Cup & League Cup). That makes 5 consequtive Premiership titles in 5 attempts. Also did not loose a single game (except 2 - 1 away in CL QF when resting players after beating the team 5 - 0 at home) until I lost 2 in my last 4 as I rested players for CL and FA-Cup finals. In other words almost an entire season without losing in any competition.

World Cup just finished of with Portugal as winners. France sacked their manager and came to me, a job I accepted. Won first EC-Qualifier game vs. Montenegro 4 - 0 away. Hope it works out just as good with a national team as well. I'm excited.

Well Im going to play with Liverpool and give it a go. Basically I have played with my team Spurs and did get 4th in 3rd year but couldnt progress from there having got to 2014 so Liverpool would be good to try and win league

I have to say everything you have said has pretty much come true in my game. Only in november in first season but am unbeaten, carragher has 7 goals and yeah all looks great but as they say you dont get nought in november so we'll see at end of season but I am enjoying the tactic. Any tweaking at all in terms of philosophy etc etc?

I have to say everything you have said has pretty much come true in my game. Only in november in first season but am unbeaten, carragher has 7 goals and yeah all looks great but as they say you dont get nought in november so we'll see at end of season but I am enjoying the tactic. Any tweaking at all in terms of philosophy etc etc?

I've done just a few minor tweaks as I try to adjust the tactic to reach more and more "perfection". I try to have a look at what my assistant manager say during the game, and use the team instructions during the game if I'm not winning or playing as well as I want (I gave more info on this earlier in the thread). Now I play a bit wider and my defensive line is a bit higher up, mostly because I've got a better team and I usually controle every game no matter what the opposition's name is. It's the same tactic as I posted not long ago (See earler post in thread, tactic name is Zen Liverpool v 4).

Again I mention that I tweak if I replace one player with a totally different player in the team (For instance an attacking winger for a more defensive winger). Looking at this individual players skills and making sure the instructions you give him compliments his best sides can prove to be vital. I recommend you try Zen Liverpool v. 4, as it looks to me it's a bit more controlling than the first one.

I'm glad you're doing well with the tactic, and I hope it continues and gives The Kop much joy at the end of the season :D

Bah... sacked, i was 14th...

I'm sorry it didn't work out for you. Did you make sure to use the right players in the right positions, and did you change instructions to match players instead of "just" going with what the tactic had?

Version 2 seems to be a bit more daring, and to me looks like it requires a stronger team. This is a tactic that is a result of tweaking the first tactic around new and better players (Ribery and Gourcuff instead of Riera and Kuyt etc.).

I notice you had a lot of draws, did you use instructions during matches? I've adressed this earlier in the thread. I also use assistant manager to decide how to take down players on the opposite team.

I don't know if it works at all with weaker teams, as it is a very creative and attacking tactic.

Archived