Are your tactics being sussed out over the season?

Created my own tactic and for the first time playing Football Manager im actually doing well.

Currently in the first week of december 2009 and im managing Spurs and im constantly swopping places with Man City for 1st place.

However the last month has been a real struggle to get results especially against mediocre teams.

So do i think about tweaking my tactics or stick to it? Is it possible to succeed a whole season with 1 tactic?

I tend to have one tactic that I'll use for a season or two, maybe with a slightly more defensive version I can switch to when trying to close out a game. I think confidence and morale probably has a bigger impact on form that the AI figuring out how to play against you.

Teams play in a different way against you.

Eg: Early on in the season those 'mediocre' teams were thinking they could get a result vs you and perhaps were a little more adventurous, thus creating space for you to exploit.

As the game re-ranks you those teams will simply park the bus and be delighted to keep you out, as they see you as a title contender.

The opposition haven't figured you out; they are just playing a different way against you due to your success.

Archived