Counter Attack Goals ALWAYS happen

I have tried so many tactics yet i always concede a goal on the counter,I have played with a deeper defensive line and on the counter yet i am still open to it,I have tried been rigid so my players stick to my positions yet i still always concede a goal on the counter.

Does this happen to everyone or has people found a decent solution to it?

Andy,

In my opinion, the two things that you have listed as trying to fix are not wholely responsible for getting caught on the counter.

If your team is to attacking and they are all up the pitch, then regardless of defence line or your philosiphy setting, you are going to get turned over if your advance men lose the ball.

Can you be a little more specific about when these goals happen? are they after corners, or after sustained advanced play?

LAM

Check your set up for your attacking set pieces especially your corners. Make sure you always have some players staying back and also outside the area. Next get some quick-ish fullbacks and possibly a DM and set them to defensive mentalities (run from deep rarely) to make them break up opposition counters. Counter attacking teams look to absorb your players in their half before launching an attack so be sure to have some players holding their positions in your half of the pitch.

Archived