Tackling: Does anyone have success in this department?

After each game i go to the assistants advise page and everytime he says we are poor in the tackle and it is a disappointment. At full time and at half time, it never changes. Never above 60%. In 09 my tactics always said that my teams tackling is supberb. I have tried changing the tackling intensity and the closing down but still no change.

Just wondering if anyone has been successful with their tackling and what tactics they use for this?

I've heard that a lot and I'm experiencing exactly the same thing. In FM09, not matter what sort of settings I used it always said my players were up for it and tackling superbly. In FM10, again no matter what settings I use it says our tackling is poor. Same team. It's definately a bug, but whether the tackling is really flawed or it's just the stat that's wrong, I couldn't tell.

It's a little of both. Tackle recognition is broken, and there is also a tendency for defenders to fail to engage with the ball carrier when it is a no-brainer to do so. Don't worry too much about the AssMan's feedback on tackling in 10.1.

Archived