how to make footer same colour as team? e.g red for Liverpool?

Mr Mikey787878

Hey all,

still beavering away at my own efforts to play around with a skin. Am sure have seen this answer somewhere but have swpent hours looking now and can't find it again:

q: how do I make the footer the same colour as the team i'm managing?

Also is there a way to increase the text size for items displayed within the footer?

And for a small version of club logo to appear there in bottom left corner?

thanks

mike

Thanks Michael

I still can't get it to work unfortunately. I'm using a mix of the dark fm2010 base, various skins from here and my own tweaks.

I've added the lines of text as in the above linked thread including the "rthr="68"

but still no joy :(

Will post a screenshot of the issue and the text i've inputted soon as I work out how....

Any help very very much appreciated...

Code i've entered into the footer.xml file in Panels folder:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE panel SYSTEM "http://www.sigames.com/dtds/sios/panel.dtd">

<panel title="footer" height="25">

<!-- coloured bar image -->

<widget class="picture" id="pict" file="interface/footer" height="18" rthr="68">

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0"/>

<!-- set the colour of the image to the team background colour -->

<attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="tbcl" set_property="colr" rthr="68" />

</widget>

One problem fixed, another arises...

So thanks to your help Michael i've got the footer showing the same colour as team background (i'd put the "rthr 68" in the wrong line above) and also not specified the graphic path properly

However am now stuck re/editing background text. Having read the linked thread above I understand it's not actually footer text but breadcrumb text I need to change. And have seen the lines of code I need to add in.

however my skin doesn't have a breadcrumb.xml file to edit! I founf a breadcrumb.xml in a couple of other skins but all it has is instructions on how to create a sample "panel" - no existing widget text to edit? So am now very confused re - this - help!

Code i've entered into the footer.xml file in Panels folder:

<widget class="picture" id="pict" file="interface/footer" height="18" rthr="68">

<attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="tbcl" set_property="colr" rthr="68" />

</widget>

So just add that to footer quicklinks.xml (can't find a 'footer.xml' file)? Can't seem to get it working, not sure what I've done wrong.

Scoham - it's definitely footer.xml rather than footer quicklinks.

If you're working from a skin you downloaded that skinner may not have included footer.xml if they didn't want to edit it. you might be able to get it working by downloading a skin that does have a footer.xml file (e.g. el torero, vitreous, steklo_x) and copying that into your skins' panel folder. (however i make no promises - if the skins are v different n overlap that workaround might cause problems but you can try it. If it doesn't work just remove the footer.xml file again.)

Good luck - this skinning lark, however bad I am at it, is getting addictive....

Sxcoham - also as Michael pointed out the code you copied from my post above is wrong (though still needs to go into footer.xml) It should be:

<widget class="picture" id="pict" file="interface/footer/bar" height="18" rthr="68">

<attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="tbcl" set_property="colr" />

</widget>

Thanks but I can't find footer.xml anywhere. I used the resource archiver to extract panels.fmf. Doesn't seem to be in any other fmf files either.

I assume those lines can go anywhere in the file?

I put mine just down from the top - if you scroll up to the first (incorrect) set of code i posted above, the first lines there are the very first lines of the footer.xml file.

Footer.xml should be in the Panels folder. Other than that, and the advice above to find it from another skin (downloaded from a link on this forum), am stumped - sorry man

I've got panels.xml from the vitreous skin, it only moves the breadcrumbs to the centre and adds a continue button anyway.

Reloaded the skin, but it's not working. Do I have to add any other files or graphics, or simply just replace the existing code with yours?

it shouldn't be panels.xml - that's a file. What you need is the Panels Folder within which will be lots of .xml files, including footer.xml which is the file you need to edit.

What you need to replace will probably depend on what the skinner before you has put in. There will be a lot of other stuff in there. These lines of code (above) are right at the start so jut swap any with the ones above - thats best i can explain it am afraid - am just a beginner myself!

Just had a look in vitreous. The first few lines are:

<widget class="picture" id="pict" file="" height="18">

</widget>

<!-- active area -->

<container>

<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="fill" offset="0" gap="0" layout="-1"/>

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="0" layout_children="true" />

-----------

From the above you need to replace:

<widget class="picture" id="pict" file="" height="18">

</widget>

--------

with:

<widget class="picture" id="pict" file="interface/footer/bar" height="18" rthr="68">

<attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="tbcl" set_property="colr"/>

</widget>

-------

hope that helps! And deep and heartfelt thankyous to the writer of Vitreous and apologies for openly posting his code.

Managed to sort it out. Needed to copy over the bar_left, bar_right and bar_middle graphics to Football Manager 2010\skins\base2010\graphics\interface\footer.

Edit: Thanks, I did get the code right, it must have been looking for graphics that weren't there. Makes sense now.

I managed to sort that out as well.

Use the resource archiver found here- C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\tools\resource archiver\Resource Archiver.exe

Extract panels.fmf, once that's done you'll be able to copy breadcrumbs.xml to your skins panels folder and modify it.

Would it be possible for you to upload a rar file that contains the correct breadcrumbs.xml, footer.xml, and the bar_left, bar_right and bar_middle png files? I know where to put the files but what i do just seems to make the footer the same colour as the background... not the team currently viewed!

Thanks.

Archived