Maximum Wage Bill

glosrob

Yes I meant it as the salary cap.

I know each club gives you a wage budget to follow but I am talking about at the competition level.

For example:

I created (as a test) an English Premier League with just 10 teams and set the maximum annual salary to 50 million in the competition editor. I loaded up a game and checked out Chelsea as I reckoned they would be massively over that - and they were, nearly double infact. The team's wage budget was set to the maximum allowed by the league (clever AI SI :) )

So my question is what would Chelsea's punishment be? Would they be fined/deducted points and would it happen straight away or when the season starts?

Has anyone tried?

Yes I meant it as the salary cap.

I know each club gives you a wage budget to follow but I am talking about at the competition level.

For example:

I created (as a test) an English Premier League with just 10 teams and set the maximum annual salary to 50 million in the competition editor. I loaded up a game and checked out Chelsea as I reckoned they would be massively over that - and they were, nearly double infact. The team's wage budget was set to the maximum allowed by the league (clever AI SI :) )

So my question is what would Chelsea's punishment be? Would they be fined/deducted points and would it happen straight away or when the season starts?

Has anyone tried?

y dont u holiday it for a season, see wot happens

Well I have gone 'on holiday' for 3 seasons and I cant see any evidence of any punishments for any teams.

Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester United were all over the maximum I had set and hadn't had points deducted, nor was there any evidence of a financial penalty.

However the AI had quite obviously tried to get the wage bill down - Chelsea's had collapsed from 1.7mill per week to 1.1 mill per week - and to do this they had free transfered some of their older players on more expensive contracts (Deco, Ballack) and promoted some of their youth players.

Liverpool and United had done similar things.

So it seems from my (very limited) experience that there is no punishment per se, but that the AI does at least try to 'play fair'.

Well I have gone 'on holiday' for 3 seasons and I cant see any evidence of any punishments for any teams.

Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester United were all over the maximum I had set and hadn't had points deducted, nor was there any evidence of a financial penalty.

However the AI had quite obviously tried to get the wage bill down - Chelsea's had collapsed from 1.7mill per week to 1.1 mill per week - and to do this they had free transfered some of their older players on more expensive contracts (Deco, Ballack) and promoted some of their youth players.

Liverpool and United had done similar things.

So it seems from my (very limited) experience that there is no punishment per se, but that the AI does at least try to 'play fair'.

Interesting..I thought there would be some form of penalty.. or that they would be more drastic in "selling" off players

Yeah I thought there might have been points deducted.

It is possible however that there were financial penalties imposed that I didnt notice. However looking at the financial summary for each club the 'balance' followed the expected curve (increase at start of season for tv money, followed by gradual decline over the season), where as if there had been financial penalty I'd have expected to see a sudden 'spike' downwards where the money was paid out.

I asked Miles on his twitter feed but he wasnt sure either :)

At least the AI tried to get it down to the right level - Liverpool's squad in particular was massively scaled down.

Just by way of closure:

I played 'on holiday' again last night but this time until 2018. Both Liverpool and Chelsea had further reduced their wage bills below the level - and had massively suffered because of it. This suggests they were getting rid of players for monetary reasons rather than playing/tactical reasons.

Manchester United had even been relegated.

So whilst their are no penalties for it as far as I can see, the AI certainly plays to it as best it can.

Just by way of closure:

I played 'on holiday' again last night but this time until 2018. Both Liverpool and Chelsea had further reduced their wage bills below the level - and had massively suffered because of it. This suggests they were getting rid of players for monetary reasons rather than playing/tactical reasons.

Manchester United had even been relegated.

So whilst their are no penalties for it as far as I can see, the AI certainly plays to it as best it can.

I never thought I see the day when Man Utd relegated!! Well, unless it was some super league and I was managing, but even still...

Do you remember if there was any team that seemed to thrive under the new salary cap rule??

Archived