Lower League Teams

Started a game with Maidenhead and using a 4-5-1 with a target man similiar to the bolton tactic in the tactical theorems.

With regards to passing with lower league teams as there quality is poor would it be more direct?

Also for the other instructions what would you suggest?

With the duties should i just keep it simple e.g. defensive midfielder instead of anchor man or doesnt it make a difference?

I've found you can get away with being bolder than you think you can. You need to look carefully at how your team is better or worse than the team your playing. If your more creative, then play with more creativity.

I've had great effect playing with a Trequista and a Targetman up front.

Started a game with Maidenhead and using a 4-5-1 with a target man similiar to the bolton tactic in the tactical theorems.

With regards to passing with lower league teams as there quality is poor would it be more direct?

Also for the other instructions what would you suggest?

With the duties should i just keep it simple e.g. defensive midfielder instead of anchor man or doesnt it make a difference?

i would go direct, no point asking them to pass it around like arsenal :)

how has that formation been for you?

i would go direct, no point asking them to pass it around like arsenal :)

how has that formation been for you?

yeah thought so was going for my a bolton style under Big Sam long balls, work hard and aggressive.

I havent really had time to play it recently due to uni work! but im not expecting any results in the first season due to the poor personal!

one thing i noticed in managing lower leagues, remember that though your players might be horrible at something like passing, your opposition might be even worse in tackling or positioning. I do keep the tactics fairly simple (not too many personal instructions etc) but don't assume your players are individually worse than your opposition. Unless you're playing a team in a higher league of course

Attacking as default. Defensive against much better teams. I'm predicted as having an outside chance for the title, so I figured I'd play like it.

I don't really see the point of counter vs defensive as the description says the "defensive" tactic looks for the counter already.

I do keep the tactics fairly simple (not too many personal instructions etc)

I find the opposite is better. More personal instructions to ensure your not asking players to do things their're not capable of. If a player has a crossing of 2, there is little point asking them to cross mixed or often.

At the same time you need to balance it to how you want the player to perform. For example if I have a winger with dribbling around 10 (say 9 to 11 at the least) I'll ask him to RWB Often. Normally for that skill level I'd set it to mixed. However he isn't likely to come up against really skilled defenders, hence I can get away with having it on Often.

Another example is the full backs. I've found at home they tend to have more time and space on the ball. So regardless of how bad they are, I'll still encourage them to come forward with the ball, so their're RWB will be set to mixed. This way I can retain possesion and not have them hoofing the ball up pitch as soon as they get it. Of course away from home I want them hooing it....

Archived