[Released] Fantasy Expanded MLS

This was basically an experiment by myself to see how easy it would be to redraw the American system

====United States - (Updated 16th November 2009)====

*Last Updated: 16th November 2009

*MLS expanded to two divisions - ESPN Premier Division of 18 clubs - bottom 4 are relegated, top 8 go into a Championship Playoffs

The two finalists and the top two in the regular season qualify for the CONCACAF Champions League

*ESPN First Division is 16 clubs, no relegation, top 4 are Promoted to Premier Division

*Full Reserve and U21 Leagues included

*US Open Cup as is in real life - open draw, no seedings, all US clubs invited

*Microsoft League Cup - two legged games, all ESPN League teams entered.

*Heritage Cup - Group Stage, then knockout - the 8 Teams which used to be in the NASL are entered

*Tim Hortons Trophy - Two Legged games - the four Canadian clubs in the League are entered.

* Removed Salary cap and restriction on foreigners - as can be seen in the initial squad of FC Barcelona Miami - which is all Spanish

http://www.filefront.com/14935657/USAv3.rar/

Tested past 2 seasons - everything works as planned.

Looks interesting WCR... One question though....

What was the thinking behind putting teams like Ft Lauderdale Strikers and Washington Diplomats in the Premier Division, and leaving the likes of Real Salt Lake and Colorado Rapids in Division 1?

Two fold really - one was to spread the better teams across both Leagues - making it more of a challenge playing as one of the new teams in the League.

Secondly was more of a history thing - I wanted a few of the old NASL sides (Ft Lau, Washington, the Cosmos, etc.) in the Prem as opposed to dumping them all in the lower division

Heh - hadn't seen that thread - I'd just gone for any American company which came to mind.

Didn't consider Apple as of course - people would be too busy admiring the look of the trophy and how cool it was to actually bother playing any of the games :D

Hahahaha, I was just joking. I added Microsoft Cup also, as I first thought Microsoft as big American company, which is not really affected with recession. And it is not with 166 clubs, it has 16 top teams now, with $ 7M as prize, and is played in January, as warm-up competition for Premier League.

P.S. I see you have logos of some teams that in game don't exist. I would be grateful if you send me link where I can download them from.

Archived