FM10: Good Tutors

Ari Gold

Not sure off the top of my head but go to your player search function and filter players with determination of at least 18 and contract status unattached. Obviously you can then filter further by position as you need.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought Sol Campbell in on a free, with the sole purpose of tutoring Jordan Spence and Danny Wilson, but both players don't have the option on the interaction screen, why is this? Viera and Shevchenko are covering MF and ST players.

Anyone have any ideas for a tutor for Serge Aurier?

Someone who would be reasonably cheap with high determination and professionalism.

Edit: I'm PSG ;) Mexes probably not gonna come.

How about Abubakari Yakubu. 19 determination and a perfectionist personality?

You may want to limit the tutoring to only include mental stats, as his PPM's aren't the best in the world. So stay off the 'role model' and 'learn from' options.

All three options have the same effect on tutoring, the only slight difference is in how the player reacts onfirmed that to the suggestion.

Any recommendations for a left back in the 3rd season? I'm at Inter and I have a regen I have that I want to improve his mentals. I tried to get Zanetti to tutor him, but they're at the same CA at this stage.

• 4 weeks later...

Would Aldo Duscher be a good tutor? Anyone have any experience with him? He's transfer listed on mine, first season.

Also, is Federico Insua a good tutor?

Both have determination 18-19 and are 'determined' as a personality.

I'm having a bit of trouble here... I tutored some players a while ago, and all have been off tutoring for about 5 months now. When I go to Interaction etc, it doesn't come up with any links, for any of the players I want to be tutored.

Obviously, the tutors I want aren't tutoring others, and the tutees (:p) aren't being tutored. So what's the problem? I don't remember ever needing to leave a time gap before...

• 3 weeks later...
I'm having a bit of trouble here... I tutored some players a while ago, and all have been off tutoring for about 5 months now. When I go to Interaction etc, it doesn't come up with any links, for any of the players I want to be tutored.

Obviously, the tutors I want aren't tutoring others, and the tutees (:p) aren't being tutored. So what's the problem? I don't remember ever needing to leave a time gap before...

I've heard it takes approx 180 days to start a new sequence.

I've heard it takes approx 180 days to start a new sequence.

Sometimes it takes about half a year, sometimes about a month and sometimes you can start a new sequence right after a completed one. One of the reasons I think the current tutoring system is really wacky.

Steven Gerrard is obviously a great tutor. I have him tutoring Jonjo Shelvey on my Liverpool game and things seem to be going well.

Other tutors which seem to be working on that game include Fabio Aurelio who is tutoring Emiliano Insua and Fernando Torres for tutoring David Ngog. Ngog is banging in the goals when he plays.

On my Portsmouth game I found that Andre-Pierre Gignac was a great tutor for all my young strikers and Marek Hamsik was brilliant for all playmakers or attacking midfielders

Steven Gerrard to tutor Jonjo Shelvey by far. Its a brilliant combination and Shelvey's stats flew up and Gerrard is now in his favoured personell but if you want a striker as a tutor I would definately go for Gignac. Good all round striker who can train all types of strikers

How about Abubakari Yakubu. 19 determination and a perfectionist personality?

This guy really is an awesome tutor. I've had three players tutored by him and he's gotten all their determination stats up, plus given them all the 'Perfectionist' personality. He can tutor right backs, center backs and central midfielders too, so he's very versatile as well. Not bad for a free transfer (who's also a decent player).

can i know what is the best option from the 3 option given ?

1 Ideal role: This should be reserved for players that have both PPMs and character traits that you want to pass on. The determination, work rate and influence of the tutor should always be higher then the follower’s.

2 Mental approach: A good way if you want to influence the character of the youngster. Even tutors without any PPMs, but high determination and professional character are very well suited. If you have highly-talented youngsters with low determination or ambition, you can assign them to several tutors in a row to completely change their personality.

3 Learn from: This should be used if the follower already has a very good character or even better one then his tutor and you just want him to learn his PPMs.

this is how it used to be .. cant remember if they've changed it or not.. someone will know on here

Steven Gerrard is obviously a great tutor. I have him tutoring Jonjo Shelvey on my Liverpool game and things seem to be going well.

Other tutors which seem to be working on that game include Fabio Aurelio who is tutoring Emiliano Insua and Fernando Torres for tutoring David Ngog. Ngog is banging in the goals when he plays.

On my Portsmouth game I found that Andre-Pierre Gignac was a great tutor for all my young strikers and Marek Hamsik was brilliant for all playmakers or attacking midfielders

1. Insua has a better personality and higher determination than Aurelio, why tutor him and make it worse? :eek:

2. Hamsik has a fairly ambitious personality, lowish determination and not great PPMs, I can't see how he would ever make a good tutor?

1 Ideal role: This should be reserved for players that have both PPMs and character traits that you want to pass on. The determination, work rate and influence of the tutor should always be higher then the follower’s.

2 Mental approach: A good way if you want to influence the character of the youngster. Even tutors without any PPMs, but high determination and professional character are very well suited. If you have highly-talented youngsters with low determination or ambition, you can assign them to several tutors in a row to completely change their personality.

3 Learn from: This should be used if the follower already has a very good character or even better one then his tutor and you just want him to learn his PPMs.

this is how it used to be .. cant remember if they've changed it or not.. someone will know on here

Nope, they all do the same thing now - determination, hidden atts and PPMs - only difference is the reaction that the player(s) have to the comment.

2. Hamsik has a fairly ambitious personality, lowish determination and not great PPMs, I can't see how he would ever make a good tutor?

He can be a good tutorer even if he makes the players worse..... If the young players learn from him then he obviously does his job, the question is why someone will use him to make their youngsters worse..

He can be a good tutorer even if he makes the players worse..... If the young players learn from him then he obviously does his job, the question is why someone will use him to make their youngsters worse..

Ah, the guy's a genius!

Obviously he'll shortly be leaving Liverpool for one of their rivals, possibly Man Utd or Everton?

How do you prevent your tutor and youngster from fallling out?

You tutor them both with another tutor who has high "not falling out" attributes.

but seriously, no idea how, seems to me everyone reacts differently, can never discern a pattern

• 2 weeks later...
Saimon Crodino - Free

Positions - ST, ML, MR, AML, AMC, AMR.

Determination - 20

Pressure - 20

Professionalism - 20

Sportsmanship - 20

Temperament -20

I'm pretty certain that is a regen

Edit: nevermind, it's just that i'm 4 years in and when I searched for him nothing came up.

His history is

2000-2001 - Ascoli

2001-2002 - Ascoli

So not sure if he is a regen or not, he has a generated face but surely if he has club History before 2009 he will be real?

Yeah just checked, can't find any real life info on him but the search brought up Championship Manager 01/02 lol and he was a promising youngster back then.

His playing attributes are very very poor, lots of 1's etc lol but he has great tutor attributes.

Oops, Tutors need to have higher CA than the player they are tutoring don't they?

This guy would be pretty useless then because he has a CA of

1!

:eek:

Nope do not need higher CA, but higher current reputation. For all of you that post the hiiden attributes, why not include the loyality attribute too? As it is important that that is high if not the young player will turn unloyal..

BTW Crodino is not a regen...

Archived