New Facepack Creator v1.0 in beta

thepalace1

I have created a web based facepack creator.

I currently have 55,000+ faces.

You select all the faces you want in your facepack, then you can download all the images and a generated config.xml file pretty much instantly.

the link is http://www.fmfacepack.co.uk/

feedback would be super, as it is in beta mode,

thanks, and hope you enjoy

UPDATE: Now in Beta Stage 2, updated considerably

David

I gave this a little go. Just searched for three players - Rooney, Adam Boyd, Ben Foster - just to try it. Have to say it works well, rather like shopping and then going to the checkout!

My personal 'gripes' are that the config is generated with player ID numbers whereas my preference is to have the player's name and that the search function wouldn't respond to 'Rooney' or 'Wayne Rooney' but did to 'Rooney, Wayne'.

Just small, personal observations, but I shall use it more extensively and for a Beta version, it's very good.

I gave this a little go. Just searched for three players - Rooney, Adam Boyd, Ben Foster - just to try it. Have to say it works well, rather like shopping and then going to the checkout!

My personal 'gripes' are that the config is generated with player ID numbers whereas my preference is to have the player's name and that the search function wouldn't respond to 'Rooney' or 'Wayne Rooney' but did to 'Rooney, Wayne'.

Just small, personal observations, but I shall use it more extensively and for a Beta version, it's very good.

Not too sure what happened there! I just search for 'rooney' and Wayne amongst others came up.

I will look into this further.

This is a tremendous idea. I do have a few questions though:

What sort of style are these in? Are they cut outs or just regular pictures? Have you produced them yourself or are they collected from various face packs by other people, in which case have you got permission to use them?

What sort of style are these in? Are they cut outs or just regular pictures? Have you produced them yourself or are they collected from various face packs by other people, in which case have you got permission to use them?

They are Cut-outs and it is actually the contents of the Megapack V1.15 He has included the Read Me file which credits every creator of the images and I think he'll be hosting the main pack as well.

I am the one that has collated the main pack (and therefore the contents of this tool) and we were going to make it available on sortitoutsi.net but looks like he couldn't wait ;)

I don't have any problem with these being here as we've made the Megapack free to everyone that wants to download it and given the cutters the option of removing any work they don't want included.

Any questions about this or the Megapack - PM me radestock/Ter. Cheers

they are all from the cut out mega pack that is posted on this forum

and he is part of the team over at sortitoutsi that work on the cut out styled facepacks and has permission from all to post the megapack online...and it is used by many as an online reference of the MP to check for missing players or improved source pics

it is a big help for those that don't download the megapack and just want a single player or team and saves members from reposting images or becoming annoyed at constant requests for particular players

EDIT: Rowan beat me to it

They are Cut-outs and it is actually the contents of the Megapack V1.15 He has included the Read Me file which credits every creator of the images and I think he'll be hosting the main pack as well.

I am the one that has collated the main pack (and therefore the contents of this tool) and we were going to make it available on sortitoutsi.net but looks like he couldn't wait ;)

I don't have any problem with these being here as we've made the Megapack free to everyone that wants to download it and given the cutters the option of removing any work they don't want included.

Any questions about this or the Megapack - PM me radestock/Ter. Cheers

That's fine. I just need to know everything is above board with regards to using people's work etc. OP could have given a little bit more info on this front but you've cleared it up for me.

Again, good job and I really hope you have some decent servers - this thing is going to get a hammering :)

Absolutely love I can type in the name of the team and every player in the team comes up :thup: Fantastic :thup:

That is good. Might also be useful if it could be linked to stuff like:

Nationality - type in English and get all the English players

League - Type in a league name and get all players from that league

etc

That is good. Might also be useful if it could be linked to stuff like:

Nationality - type in English and get all the English players

League - Type in a league name and get all players from that league

etc

Hi radestock. My apologies for not been more clear.

This system as Rowan stated is the megapack that him and numerous others are running over at at sortitoutsi.

I have been maintaining and hosting the search facility for a few weeks, and am trying out a new framework whereby updates to the megapack can be seemlessly downloaded from the creator page.

In time, (as it is currently in beta mode) more functions and a re-designed layout will be available, including filtering by Nation, League, etc etc.

The main long term goal for the creator will be to supply integrated updates to the Rowans megapack.

This is a great idea, only problem I have is it would be better if you could type in the team and all pics come up for that team and its slightly confussing as to which way the name goes is it wayne,rooney or rooney,wayne for example

Hi Chewy. The beta mode is running from the megapack v1.14 which was for FM09.

The stable release will be running from the FM10 database, then, the naming structure will be correct, ie. Firstname = Wayne, lastname = Rooney, rather than Name = Rooney, Wayne.

as soon as the stability tests on the beta are completed, and the phase moves to stable, then I will switch to the FM10 Megapack v2.0 and above.

love it.. only thing is lukaku isnt there!!! but whatever lol

This tool is essentially running for FM09 and lukaku wasn't in the db. David's constructing a new version that runs with The Megapack V2 (which is for FM10)

Remember he did state "beta" ;)

This will be a great tool for all graphics, and not just facepacks! It will probably be more useful for logos though. I'm not sure if you're willing to expand into logos, or to let another group with interests in logo-making to use a copy of the tool. Wow, this is brilliant stuff!

This will be a great tool for all graphics, and not just facepacks! It will probably be more useful for logos though. I'm not sure if you're willing to expand into logos, or to let another group with interests in logo-making to use a copy of the tool. Wow, this is brilliant stuff!

Yes there will be scope to add support for all Graphics types, at the moment I am devloping this tool with preference in mind to the Megapack by Rowan, the tool will automatically notify users when updates are available for rowans Megapack v2.x, and allow instant download.

It is now in Beta 2 mode, with various little changes and stuff, still in beta though, so things may still go wrong.

You can now Save your facepacks for future use, Share them, and also the ability to download facepack created by other members.

Hi, i cant seem to install the facepack after downloading it, i tried to open with winrar and it tells me the archive is in an unknown format or damaged and therefore can not extract. It was a face pack for Barnsley U-18 Reuben Noble-Lazarus. Can any one help me?

Jon

Hi, i cant seem to install the facepack after downloading it, i tried to open with winrar and it tells me the archive is in an unknown format or damaged and therefore can not extract. It was a face pack for Barnsley U-18 Reuben Noble-Lazarus. Can any one help me?

Jon

I have downloaded your facepack, and extracted it successfully with WinRar v3.80 using Vista O/S.

I am hearing a few problems with extracting some facepack, maybe some compression programs don't like the kind of zip i am creating form the site, But as I say I can extract it perfectly with WinRar v3.80.

I have downloaded your facepack, and extracted it successfully with WinRar v3.80 using Vista O/S.

I am hearing a few problems with extracting some facepack, maybe some compression programs don't like the kind of zip i am creating form the site, But as I say I can extract it perfectly with WinRar v3.80.

in your site add the WinRar information

I think it's worth checking compatibility thepalace1. It's a better idea to make sure your compression works on the most widely used extraction programs rather than people having to use a particular program (winrar being something I like to steer clear of anyway).

I think it's worth checking compatibility thepalace1. It's a better idea to make sure your compression works on the most widely used extraction programs rather than people having to use a particular program (winrar being something I like to steer clear of anyway).

what program do you use?

i have tried it with winrar and also on Vista and Win 7 built in zip extraction, but it isn't that good.

David maybe try it in Zip mode rather than RAR. that might help as zip is more of a widely used compression

I have WinRAR 3.80 on XP and it fails to extract.

I can't even access the site mate. I registered, clicked on the activation link in my email, typed in my log-in details and pressed Login. Got this error thrown up.

Server Error in '/' Application.

ExecuteScalar requires an open and available Connection. The connection's current state is closed.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: ExecuteScalar requires an open and available Connection. The connection's current state is closed.

Source Error:

Line 18: Dim mycommand As New OdbcCommand(query, myConnection)

Line 19:

Line 20: If mycommand.ExecuteScalar = 0 Then

Line 21: error_message0.Text = "** Invalid login, please try again **"

Line 22: Exit Sub

Source File: \\10.0.3.22\home\fmfacepack.co.uk\public_html\login.aspx.vb Line: 20

Stack Trace:

[invalidOperationException: ExecuteScalar requires an open and available Connection. The connection's current state is closed.]

System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.SetStateExecuting(String method, OdbcTransaction transaction) +1156559

System.Data.Odbc.OdbcCommand.ValidateConnectionAndTransaction(String method) +41

System.Data.Odbc.OdbcCommand.ExecuteReaderObject(CommandBehavior behavior, String method, Boolean needReader, Object[] methodArguments, SQL_API odbcApiMethod) +62

System.Data.Odbc.OdbcCommand.ExecuteReaderObject(CommandBehavior behavior, String method, Boolean needReader) +61

System.Data.Odbc.OdbcCommand.ExecuteScalar() +94

login.ASPxButton2_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in \\10.0.3.22\home\fmfacepack.co.uk\public_html\login.aspx.vb:20

DevExpress.Web.ASPxEditors.ASPxButton.OnClick(EventArgs e) +78

DevExpress.Web.ASPxEditors.ASPxButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +311

DevExpress.Web.ASPxClasses.ASPxWebControl.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1565

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3603; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3074

Thanks to everybody who has commented. I now relealise that the compression zip thingy is as big a problem as there can be, I will be changing this either today or tomorrow so there is uniform support.

I must add that I am not really a web designer/developer and do this in my spare time, so there will be bugs to iron out.

But we will get there, and when we do, it will be worth it.

thanks for being patient.

David

• 3 weeks later...

Archived