Is anyone working on an FM09 style skin?

Coop

An FM09 style skin will be released exclusively for Steam users (both those that bought through steam AND those that just activated with it) as a bonus , with emphasis on the bonus part. I don't know when this is expected to happen. It's only available for Steam users to encourage use of the system and because the skin requires a slight fix to game files so that it works properly. The fix will be released as part of patch 2 to ALL users so a similar style skin can be produced for everyone.

For anyone reading this - don't let it turn into an SI bashing thread for their decision to only give it to Steam users. Infractions for anyone who starts - it's an old argument we've been through many times.

so does this mean that only steam users will get the fm09 skin i cant play the game in its current form so basikly ive paid 30 pound for a game that gets me angry whenever i tried to play it and because ii bought it from the high street im being punished thanks alot si

so does this mean that only steam users will get the fm09 skin i cant play the game in its current form so basikly ive paid 30 pound for a game that gets me angry whenever i tried to play it and because ii bought it from the high street im being punished thanks alot si

The FM09 Style skin that SI is providing, yes that one will only be available via Steam but once that's released as well as the second patch I'm sure (certain) the skinners here will be providing their own versions of it.

As for paying £30 for a game that gets you angry, you should have tried the demo and asked here about other skins first as the 09 style issue was fairly common knowledge before release. Also they aren't "punishing" high street buyers you could just download steam now a validate your game, this will make you eligible for the free skin too.

i do not like steam have had it before and didnt like it too many problems i would rather have the physical copy of what i am paying for as for downloading the demo i did and although that made me aware of the the problem i was expecting there to be diffrent skins from the start of the game or sum1 to create a better 1 In terms of my comment about high street buyers it isnt a dig at si so much as the whole industry in general right now as it feels like we are being forced to download when sum of us would rather purchase from the high street

Have a look in the Skinning Section for a thread called Three - For FM 2010.

You'll see that it is still possible to use the tree menu system however it's not without it's glitches currently. Because it doesn't use the tab system when you are going through screenflow it doesnt automatically update the screen, you have to individually click every tree menu item in reference to what the next tab would be. A hindrance but it is currently 'useable'

I'm assuming this issue (plus the problem with the Exit TV View button not working with a tree system) is what SI will be fixing for patch 2.

i do not like steam have had it before and didnt like it too many problems i would rather have the physical copy of what i am paying for as for downloading the demo i did and although that made me aware of the the problem i was expecting there to be diffrent skins from the start of the game or sum1 to create a better 1 In terms of my comment about high street buyers it isnt a dig at si so much as the whole industry in general right now as it feels like we are being forced to download when sum of us would rather purchase from the high street

I don't see any problem with it to be honest, after all the skins are a free bonus (bonus being the operative word there). People who bought from Game got a free bonus, people who bought from HMV got a free bonus and people who bought from Play.com got a free bonus too. At least with the free bonus skin on Steam you don't have to have purchased the game from them to get the free gift, it's just a bonus for you to use their service.

As for purchasing a physical copy, I agree with you that's why I bought mine from Blockbuster and then activated it through Steam. I now play my game without the disc but also have the disk as reassurance if anything goes wrong.

Have a look in the Skinning Section for a thread called Three - For FM 2010. You'll see that it is still possible to use the tree menu system however it's not without it's glitches currently. Because it doesn't use the tab system when you are going through screenflow it doesnt automatically update the screen, you have to individually click every tree menu item in reference to what the next tab would be. A hindrance but it is currently 'useable' I'm assuming this issue (plus the problem with the Exit TV View button not working with a tree system) is what SI will be fixing for patch 2.

Yeah like you said it's possible but glitched, I have made a FM09 Style Vitreous but can't get it to work properly (same issues you are having) so I am going to wait until after the patch and start again.

Archived