Ric's Sunday night scots clan

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Polo and chris i not heard from u for a while on the thread since u been regulars give us a wee update. as for the no-showers tell us of your exciting lifes so good infact u missed FM for the last while plus not even had the time to email ric. must b something good! also wonder how pedro is!?!?! angryfire.gif

smallerbaner2bz.png <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rlmcgregor:

Polo and chris i not heard from u for a while on the thread since u been regulars give us a wee update. as for the no-showers tell us of your exciting lifes so good infact u missed FM for the last while plus not even had the time to email ric. must b something good! also wonder how pedro is!?!?! angryfire.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>well said Ross the 3 amigos are still missing in action! who has stole muck tyrone and will who begged for a game begged for a 2nd chance and then a last chance

dumbarton9uo.png

Higlights

East Stirling (home) 2nd Rnd Scottish Cup Won 2-0

Russell & Stanton were out but Dumbarton raced into a 2-0 half time lead with goals ffrom Andddy Love & Diarmuid O Connor. A late consolation from East Stirling was not enougth.

Elgin (Home(15.12.07) Won 1-0

A poor game saw John Millar score his first goal for the club with a early 2nd half header. Lowly Elgin batttled bravely but couuld not break down the Dumbarton defence.

Arbroath (away) 12/1/06 Won 1-0

SStephen Cosgrove was the hero with a last minute goal against high flying Arbrroath. A game which Dumbarton dominated had the perrfect ending.

stennybanner23sb.png

The League is hotting up and the Warriors need to step up through the gears if they are to have any chance of catching the Saints with 13 games to the end of season althougheven winning all 13 games would only give a slim chance as st mirren are 15 pts clear of stenny who have droped to 5th in the league

dumbarton9uo.png

Division Three - Dumbarton

Twelvee Games to Go, Dumbarton improving, can see a play off place. PB Manager or the month for January hopes are high for a strong finish. Russell out for a month but I think we have good cover. The board are putting pressure on and I have unconfirmed reports the are trying to find another manager. I always new boards of directors are idiots. If they keep me in charge i will get Division Two football for the Sons next season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rlmcgregor:

he's a Tw*t sack the mofo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i take it this is after looking at the link and not at poor muck or einstein but after reading the intresting post

dumbarton9uo.png

Dumbarton

four games to go, After beating Albion 6-2. its put Dumbarton 3 points behind Albion Rovers. Defeat would have killed our play off hopes. Had some good results (beat Arbroath 3-0 and beat Cowdenbeath) and some poor results (Lost 2-0 to Queens Park & Drew with Elgin + Lost 6-2 to Forfar after leading 2-0). We have better goal difference than Albion so we have to go one better than them in the final four games and claim 3 points back and also need to keep a look out for East Stirling who are just behind. Outside chance now for a play off but you never know.

stennyfinal4uy.png

9 games played last night here's how the Warriors did

Sat 09/02/2008 scottish 2nd division

East Fife 4-1

A easy victory over East Fife who had Di Giacamo making his home debut saw 2 from Nish a Excellent Free Kick from Mulgrew Before Murray scored a 82nd min penalty

Wed 13/02/2008 scottish 2nd division Forthbank Stadium

Stirling Albion3-2

2 Goals by Ryan thomson were cancelled out by Nish to give the Warriors all 3 points stirling took the lead twice in the game and despite being played off the park must have fancied they were going to take something when Nish missed a 65th Min Penalty but Nish completed his Hat-trick and took all 3 points back to Ochilview Park

Sat 16/02/2008 scottish 2nd division Palmerston park

Queen of The South3-1

Di Giacomo was the star and John sutton got his first goal comming of the bench as Warriors beat qos easy scott wilson marshalled the Stenny defence wining the Man of the Match

Sat 23/02/2008 scottish 2nd division

Brechin City2-0

Nish was back with a double salvo but the game saw stenny's Birch and Sharp carried off and Waddell limp off

Sat 01/03/2008 scottish 2nd division

Peterhead3-0

A Easy 3-0 victory saw the Warriors ease to all 3 points 2 goals by Di Giacomo and a 25yrd free kick from Mulgrew was Enough to keep the chase for top spot up

Sat 08/03/2008 scottish 2nd division Recration Park

Alloa2-0

With 4 regular starters missing from the starting line up all 3 points were not a cert the Wasps were beat with Charlie Miller getting his first strike and the in fire Di Giacamo scoring again 20 year old Orr kept a clean sheet in his debut in goals

Sat 15/03/2008 scottish 2nd division Links Park

Stranraer1-2

a disapointment for the warriors as Di Giacomo Strike is not enough to answers hinds 2 strikes Orr had a nightmare in his 2nd appearence with Wilson suspended the defence looked very poor

Sat 22/03/2008 scottish 2nd division Love Street

St Mirren2-3

A must win game For stenny saw Stenny loose a game they should have won St mirren not for the 1st time this season took points from the warriors they did not deserve 2 goal Di Giacomo could not stop the Warriors loosing the game leaving the Saints with what looks like a uncatchable leed in the league

Sat 29/03/2008 scottish 2nd division

Stirling4-0

4 goals 3 sending off this game had everything first to go was Miller 9 mins in Stenny down to 10 men But despite that Stenny still went fot It.

Bobby Donnelly clattered in to Waddell in the 20th min giving the hosts a penalty and making it 10 aside Christie scored from the spot to make it 1-0 Mckeever followed his team mate up the tunnel 9 mins later Deuchar starting his first game having made several sub appearences scored 2 goals either side of Di Giacomo goal for a 4-0 win

stennyfinal4uy.png

The next sesion will see the 3 human managers battle it out for promotion with St Mirren looking a good bet to go up it leaves stenny Montrose ( icon13.gif) and East Fife( icon_eek.gif)the 3 teams all meet in league games over the next 3 games which could be seen as warm up games for the forth coming playoff games which looks like seeing 1 manager being giving braging rights for at least a season!unless St mirren who are top can be caught but they look safe for the automatic slot and can only throw it away

stennyfinal4uy.png

Well i dont know what happened to Stenny come play offs but several key players were there in body only i would love to tell you about stennys players in semi but i think i would get banned from thread for bad language if i had to post my true thoughts there a shower of s**te a bunch of b@sT@rds and many more things to bad to say in here!!!! well done mcd and ross on making final may the best team win

dumbbanner1bm.jpg

Final Four games

Away V Cowdenbeath Lost 0-3

Poor performance only helped by the fact that Albion lost so we are still 3 points behind with a better goal difference

Home V Elgin Won 5-0

Super performance with McNaught getting a hatrick. Albion though won so we we remained 3 points behind with only 2 games left.

Away V Berwick lost 2-4

Went 3-0 down early on but pulled 2 goals back in 2nd half only to fall to a last minute goal as we went looking for an equaliser. Albion won so play off dream over for another year.

Home V East Stirling Drew 1-10

Needed a draw to secure a 5th place finish we we acheived. Improved from last years 6th place and we finished 5 points better off but if only we would have picked up more than 1 point in our first 7 games.

After the poor start I think we were equal to any side in the league and next year plan to make a title challenge. We will have to tighten up defensivly so maybe a bit more negative football will be in order next season.

fiferbanner6zg.png

East Fife players came off the pitch last nite looking dejected and young dixon was even in tears. A 2-1 defeat from montrose denied them promotion to divison 1. "a goal away from glory" won fan stated as they made the journey from the national stadium for the second time in a month (semi vs celtic was only sveral weeks back). despite going up through conway. montrose hit a qucik double and after that there was no way through. the players looked shattered after a long season. with new faces coming in the squad will be strenghtened but nothing from the manager or his assistant could console his players after exceeding all expectations this season after being tipped for mid table position at best. next season will hopefully be there chance after a great effoert this season

so it was montrose staving and outnumberd who battled there way to promotion to the 1st division. They were tipped for the bottom and reched for the top. Much to the delight of Mr Mcdougall Montrose powerd past stenny whos manager posted his thoughts not long after the game. Then it was on to the final were montrose had a weak left side due to william easton (LB) was banned and scott muirhead (LM) was injured. But they still managed a 2-1 win in a close encounter with east fife.

photographers managed to grab these glorious photos.

screenie15ho.jpg

screenie20dz.jpg

no pictures were taken at the final due to ric thomson putting the local newspaper manager in hospital.

banner7oz.jpg

Last 5 games of the season saw Berwick with 3 wins and 2 losses:

Queens Park(away)2-0 win- goals from Derek Anderson and Steve McGlinchey sealed a good away win which could have went either way.

East Stirling(home)2-0 win- fairly comfortable home win here goalscorers were Derek Anderson and Ryan Wilkie.

Ayr(away)3-2 defeat- went into this game knowing if we could beat Ayr who were above us we had an outside chance of the play-offs and extending winning run to seven in a row. Took the lead early on through Nicky Weightman before Ayr outclassed us scoring three, Iain Chisholm scored a consolation in last minute.

Dumbarton(home)4-2 win- good game here. suprinsingly had a three goal lead within 22 mins with goals from Derek Anderson, Andy Ross and Mark Innes. Dumbarton then came back into the game in second half scoring two but before they could nick a draw Nicky Weightman scored in 86 mins for a good home win.

Arbroath(away)5-2 defeat- last game of the season was away to already promoted Arbroath. Game was tied at half time 2-2 both goals scored by Anderson again. Then Arbroath scored 3 seond half goals to give Brechin a respectable 7th place in the league.

smallerbaner2bz.png

Clan on to there 3rd season teams and managers

1st division

Montrose-Robert McDougall aka Mcd

2nd Division

Stenhousmuir-Richard Thomson aka slim Ric

East Fife-Ross Mcgregor aka rlmcgregor

Albion rvs- David Muckersie aka muck9

3rd division

Berwick rangers-David Mcgowan aka dm_gers

Dumbarton-Paul Brownlie aka polo

East Stirling-Chris Hill aka Ces fabregas

Elgin City-Frank Darnell aka holowlegsQueens park- Tracy Watson aka taloola 23uk

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fat Ric:

smallerbaner2bz.png

End of season awards

Best Manager-

Best Newcomer-

Best Result vs AI-

Best Result vs Human Manager-

Best Signing-

Best Post-

Most sporting-

my god my teams crap but i still turn up!-

best patter in mirc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>-

tonights awards have a strick dress code no jeans trainers etc Tie must be worn for all male attendents and all females must come in a suit 2 ie there birthday suit!no only joking full ball room dress will be required

Archived