Ric's Sunday night scots clan

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Posted 31 March 2006 01:41 is this clan actually real or just a fake </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah we make this all up dumbass!

elginbanner1dt.gif

anyways guys, east fife have been pushing for promotion again after last years dissappointment, we have been doing quite well around 2 and 3 rd place. however recently our gap has shortened on the lead and we are obviously pushing for top spot, a new signing who has made a differnece in tommy coyne from montrose.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Steve_cafc:

is this clan actually real or just a fake? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its fake mate we are just kiddin everyone on here icon_rolleyes.gif well spotted icon14.gif

dumbartonupload9nh.gif

Its Real - Any of Dumbartons matches can be purchased for £10 which includes full match on DVD.

Last nights session ended with a disapointing defeat top Forfar which leaves Dumbarton in 3rd Place. However including cup games that was our first defeat in 16 games. The highlights of the session were 2 great cup wins. We beat 2nd Div Arbroath 2-1 and follewed that up with a 3-2 win against first division leaders Clyde which puts us in the quarter final against Dundee United. Sold Andy Gegan for 90K to Queen of The South.. I felt it was an offer too good to refuse and believe we have cover at centre half. The Div 3 table looks like this with just 9 games to go.

1st Berwick 51

2nd Alloa 49

3rd Dumbarton 47

4th Forfar 47

5th Queens Park 46

It looks like a

dumbartonupload9nh.gif

It looks like any one of the top 5 for the title with the others fighting it out for the play off places. Peterhead are some way behind iin 6th place and would have to go on a run to come into contention for the play offs. My predictions are Dumbarton for the title with Berwick a close 2nd. Queens Park to get 3rd and Forfar to nick 4th and knock Alloa out of the play off places.

PLEASE NOTE - Only a few DVD's of the Clyde match are still available - Please order quickly too avoid disapointment..

icon_razz.gif

Right guys not many games left in the season so award's will be soon so start thinking about results signings etc etc

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fat Ric:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fat Ric:

smallerbaner2bz.png

End of season awards

Best Manager-

Best Newcomer-

Best Result vs AI-

Best Result vs Human Manager-

Best Signing-

Best Post-

Most sporting-

my god my teams crap but i still turn up!-

best patter in mirc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>-

tonights awards have a strick dress code no jeans trainers etc Tie must be worn for all male attendents and all females must come in a suit 2 ie there birthday suit!no only joking full ball room dress will be required </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

dumbartonupload9nh.gif

One match to go and Dumbarton will finish 4th and a play off place guarenteed. The title could still go to either Berwick, Alloa or Forfar.

After losing 2-0 in the Quarter Final of the Scottish Cup (Put up a good fight) Dumbarton were hit with injuries and suspensions which meant that 7 players were missing from the 2-1 defeat at Berwick which we really needed to win. However the players responded well and we got the required points to finish in the play offs including an important victory over Queens Park which all but put paid to their play off hopes.

We go into the play offs with most of the squad fit but David McNaught has got an injury which has finished his season. To partner Russell in the important games coming up will be either Bingham, Marini or Sheilds. Russell will be rested from the last league game so all the three players sould get an oppurtunity to impress. Also McPherson will be rested at left back and possibly 1 or 2 others although it will be important to go into the play offs on a high.

Hoping for Div 2 football next season but its been left to a bit of a lottery. I believe the cup run has cost us the title. Injuries, suspension and tired players after a long season I think cost us 10 points in the last 7 games. One more final effort could see the season end in glory.

icon14.gif

stennybanner3sz.gif

had a few sesions so loads of reports to come !

1/11/08 Stairs Park

Stranraer 2-0

Nish and Brebner scored the goals Nicholson took his debut in goals andbrebner was impresive in midfield

wed 19/11/08 Gayfield Park

Arbroath 0-2

another clean sheet and another 2-0 victory see the warriors machine roll on the warriors fans should have seen more goals but 2 first half strikes from Nish and Young mulgrew would be the only strikes they would see

Sat 22/11/08

Albion rvs 3-0

A very large turn out by the Warriors fans expecting to see plenty of goals with only 1 win in the last 12 games between the sides Albion rvs looked like cannon fodder Novo (2)and Nish were on the score sheet keeping the warriors as albions least favourite club to face

stennybanner3sz.gif

With so many games to report i wont bore you to much as i just noticed how many games behind i am with stennys fine run

wed 26/11/08div 2

Brechin 2-1

all one way traffic with brechin scoring in the 90th min with there only shot on target Nish scored the 2 goals and stenny stay top with the top of table clash next week

sat 29/11/08 Cappielow park div 2

Morton 1-4

A shocking display against Jinx club morton see Stenny loose 4 goals Stenny players were locked in the changing room for a full our after the final whistle and the Greenock side had to be reinburst for smashed crockery and a door Pannel Manager Thomson denied it was his size 11 that had smashed the door

Sat 6/12/08 scottish cup 2nd round

Queen of the South 2-0

Stenny were in no mood to be messed with and despatched queen of the south easy after the previous weeks disaster which allowed Morton back into the tittle race with queens missing a prnalty stenny steped up and Di Giacamo and Novo hitting the net

Sat 13/12/08 div 2 Bayview

East Fife 2-3

A topsy turvey Game saw East fife strike late to take all 3 points stenny went in front then behind scored a equaliser only to loose to a late Arbuckle goal scoring the winner vs his old team

sat 20/12/08 div2

B]Stirling 2-0[/b]

With Morton on the shirt tails it was important that all 3 points stayed at ochilview Glass and Novo did the buisness for Thomson

Fri 26/12/08 div 2 palmerston Park

Queen of the South 2-0

20 days after the cup game same teams same score Novo scored twice in the opening 10 mins to claim all 3 points that were needed with Morton winning but east fife droping points at home to Arbroath

stennybanner3sz.gif

Sat 2/1/09 Scottish cup Pittodrie stadium 3rd round

Aberdeen 2-5

A New Year Hangover cure for the traveling support when they saw that Charlie Richmond was ref Richmond has about is much chance of it snowing in hell as being made welcome by the stemmy fans into there house His popularity wasnt helped by showing mcmanus a red card in a game stenny was giving as good as they got from Aberdeen Nicholson scored for the home side against the run of play Mcmanus was sent packing on the 31st min allowing a poor Aberdeen team to use there extra man and knock out Stenny Again from a cup this season Grax helped himself to 4 goals Nish scoring 2 for stenny police were later called to Richmonds house After 2 windows were smashed police question manager Thomson about the windows but he had a alabi claiming to have been out with Holly and told the police not to sya anything to mcd!

stennybanner3sz.gif

going to bring you right up to date with the great news that with 1 game to go Stenny are up leaving the last game away to morton not meaning anything other than a chance to prove they deserved to win the tittle theres 6 points between the top 2 but morton have been a bit of a jinx side for me

I have to appologise for missing so many matches out of my report but i dont know what happened as i wasnt at the games was out with Holly while mcd was busy leading Montrose up the 1st Division Table She was telling me <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">he just dosn't love me as much as he loves Montrose </div></BLOCKQUOTE>feeling guilty i felt it was only fair i took Holly out on the town its a dirty job but someone had to keep her company icon_wink.gif

berwickupload3nh.gif

Alloa (A) Third Division 29.11.08

Score 3-0 Defeat

Berwick Goalscorers: None

This was an all round poor performance from Berwick here but we had bad injuries with Innes, Wilkie, Chisholm and Kelly all out along with Stuart Malcolm suspended for his previous red card. Alloa had an excellent start when Stevie Nicholas opened the scoring for them on the 5th minute and Ross Hamilton doubled their taly in the 18th. We were never in the game and Alloa made the game safe in the 44th minute when Stevie Nicholas scored his 2nd goal.

Alloa (A) Scottish Cup 2nd Round 6.12.08

Score 4-2 Defeat

Berwick Goalscorers: Graeme Churchill(2)

After the dissapointing league defeat this was never going to be easy going back to the same venue but this was a much improved performance from the 3-0 defeat and to a certain extent Berwick were unlucky here. We couldn't have got off to a worse start when Stevie Nicholas scored in the 10th minute before again Stuart Malcolm let everyone down by getting sent off in the 19 minute. Ross hamilton scored a further two before half time (29th and 39th minute) and the game was as good as over at half time. After the second half we were a much chnged side and we could have scored a good few before Churchill actually did put one in the back off the net in the 52nd minute to give us hope. This was short lived however as Ross Hamilton got his hat-trick 3 minutes later to make it 4-1. Mark Reynolds got sent off and Churchill scored a consolation in the last minute but it wasn't enought to keep us in the cup.

berwickupload3nh.gif

Ayr(H) Third Division 13.12.08

Score 1-1 Draw

Berwick Goalscorers: Derek Anderson

This was a game going into that we should have been winning easily however it was not to be. The game itself wasn't pretty and there were hardly any chances at either end however Ayr did take the lead in the 10th minute through Craig O'Reilly before we pegged them back 8 minutes later with a good header from Derek Anderson. As i said before there wasn't really anything else worth noting from this game except Right back Bobby Hassell was awarded the man of the match award for his good performance.

Dumbarton(A) Third Division 20.12.08

Score 2-0 Defeat

Always knew this was going to be a really hard game and we would be lucky to escape with a point as it happens we didn't take anything from the game. Dumbarton were all over us the whole game and their strikers tbh were rather poor for most of the game and we looked like we could have sneaked a draw. The longer the game went on this was becoming more likely until Dean Keenan broke the deadlock on the 82nd minute then Paul Brownley's side wrapped it up 2 minutes later when Santino Marini finished us off. In reality we might have deserved the 0-0 for a good defensive perfomance but it just didn't happen.

berwickupload3nh.gif

Cowdenbeath(H) Third Division 26.12.08

Score 3-0 Win

Berwick Goalscorers: Nicky Weightman(3)

I knew we had to get our season back on track in this game and that's exactly what we did here. Nicky Weightman was the hero of the day as he bagged an excellent hat-trick (31,36,55) on a suprise return to form as he had been extremely poor recently. He was awarded the man of the match of the award for his brilliant performance in a fully deserved victory for Berwick which was expected as everyone except from Mark Innes was back to full fitness before this game aswell.

Peterhead(A) Third Division 3.1.09

Score 3-2 Win

Berwick Goalscorers: Stuart Anderson, Iain Chisholm(pen) and Derek Anderson

This was Berwicks first fixture of the new year and what a cracker it was, one of the best games I have had as manager of Berwick. Newly relegated Peterhead were very much still in the title hunt before this game but they sure as hell weren't after it. This was end to end stuff for the whole 90 mins with Peterhead striking first through Ciaran Donnely(20) and many more chanced were had before half time but none of them were converted. Brought Derek Anderson on for Churchill at half time and this was a decision that swung the game for us.

Captain Stuart Anderson led the comeback when he scored in the 60th minute with a cracker of a shot before Iain Chisholm converted from the spot 4 minutes later to give Berwick the lead. Nicky Weightman then passed up the chance to secure the game when he hut the bar seconds before Peterhead equalised in the 69th minute thanks to Paul Elmslie's strike. Cue the hero of the day here Derek Anderson who capped off his excellent performance by scoring the winner in the 85th minute to send the travelling support into hysterics.

berwickupload3nh.gif

Elgin(H) Third Division 10.1.09

Score 3-1 Win

Berwick Goalscorers: Derek Anderson(2) and Nicky Weightman

Derek Anderson in from the start then and repayed me straight away when he opened the scoring in the 1st minute before doubling his tally in the 19th. This was an excellent game with Greg kelly having to pull off some good saves with Elgin haing a real go at us. Iain Chisholm socred a rather dody OG in the 49th to get them back into the game however this wasn't for long as Weightman restored our lead straight from the kick off. Three wins on the bounce then and we were finally hitting a bit of form again.

East Stirling(A) Third Division 11.1.09

Score 1-0 Defeat

Looking for our first win of the season over lowly East Stirling here who had really been our bogey team all season. We really were unlucky not to score up until a terrible incident in the 75th minute of the game when Euan Robertson apparantly 'brought down' an East Stirling player in the box with referee Kenny Clark awarding East Stirling a penalty and in turn the 3 points. This was a disgusting decision and cost us the game.

One seething Berwick fan described the referee as a "Bawbag" and these feelings obvioulsy ran through the support as lifelong Berwick fan and fellow manager Richard Thompson was heard after the game shouting "Your windees are gettin dun in an yer tires slashed ya *****" this threat was to be treated seriously with the previous suspicions surounding the controversial manager's treatment of official Charlie Richmond.

berwickupload3nh.gif

Forfar(H) Third Division 24.1.09

Score 2-1 Win

Berwick Goalscorers: Derek Anderson(2)

This was an excellent way to return to winning ways with two goals from the in form Derek Anderson (31,65) to sink promotion candidates Forfar. We were all over Forfar and fully deserved our win. They scored a consolation goal in the last minute through Kevin McKinlay. This good result kept us second 4 points off the pace.

Queens Park(H) Third Division 31.1.06

Score 0-0 Draw

This was a rotten game and there is nothing of interest to report on in this game with literally no chances for either team. Berwick keeper Kelly got the man of the match award for some of the good saves he made during this dismal game.

*News Update* icon_eek.gif

Outspoken Stenhousmuir manager Richard Thompson and star player Nacho Novo were tonight jailed after they were both found outside referee Kenny Clark's home. The allegation is being made by Mr.Clark's wife who was investigating a distubance out of the front off her house. She claims to have saw Mr.Novo with a small blade punching her husbands car tires with the weapon. When she asked what he was doing she claims Stenny manager Thompson tried to seduce her with sexual inuendo that has left her scarred for life. The loyal Berwick Rangers fan then procededed to hurl bricks at the Clarks windows while Mrs.Clark phoned to police.

Mr.Thompson had the following to say

"If that Arsehole Clark ever does ma berwick er again I'll fukin rip his jaw aff" He then told our camera man to "get the ****ing camera out of his face before he punched his **** in"

Mr.Novo was unavailable for comment as there was no translator on hand

They were both released on bail the next morning after a young lady by the name of Holly paid the fee icon_wink.gif

berwickupload3nh.gif

Ayr(A) Third Division 7.2.09

Score Won 2-1

Berwick Goalscorers: Gregg Burnett and Graeme Churchill

This was without a doubt the best comeback Berwick have had in their season and an important victory if we are to go on and lift the title. The first half was uneventful with the score a half time 0-0. However it all went wrong in the 52nd minute when Ayr front man Gregg Strong scored. This forced a tactical change from me switching to a 4-3-3 that payed off in style. Gregg Burnet got the equaliser straight after the change(74) before Churchill got us ahead in the 85th minute. Ayr defender Robert Henry was then sent off a minute after the goal before Greg Kelly pulled off a stunning save in the dying seconds to keep the 3 points safe in a thrilling game. This put us 1 point behing with Alloa losing.

Alloa(H) Third Division 14.2.09

Score 3-2 Win

Berwick Goalscorers: Stuart Anderson, Nicky Weightman and Derek Anderson

This was a hugely important game in the race for 1st with Alloa in top spot with us chasing them only a point behind. After the two previous defeats away from home the Berwick players were out for revenge. Captain Stuart Anderson opened the scoring on the 14th minute for a dream start. Anderson always seems to score very important goals for the club and none were more important than this. The fairytale continued for Berwick as Weightman scored 4 minutes before half time to leave Alloa stunned. 2-0 then the score at the break.

The game couldn't have took a more turn for the worse in the second half as Alloa came right at us in the opening minutes with Stevie Nichloas scoring in the 46th and 47th minute to equal the score. This was a total shock and if it weren't for another fine save from Kelly seconds after this then Alloa would have more than likely been on there way to victory. However striker Derek Anderson continued his return to form when he put berwick ahead again in the 71st minute of the game. Somehow we managed to cling onto this excellent victory after Alloa threw everyone forward but just couldn't get that goal they needed. Another top quality game then that put us top 2 points ahead of Alloa.

Thats me done for now icon_biggrin.gif

cheers

dm icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">End of season awards

Best Manager-

Best Newcomer-

Best Result vs AI-

Best Signing-

Best Post-

Most sporting-

best patter in mirc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

berwickupload3nh.gif

Berwick to stay in Third Division

Fans all over the world were today left heartbroken as Berwick Rangers not only once but twice blew thier chances of Promotion. The first of the heartbreak came in the massive last league game of the season were a draw would have saw us crowned champions however the players put in a poor shift and were beaten 3-0

Then came the play-offs we beat Forfar at home 1-0 in the first leg and went into the second leg hoping we had done enough to secure a showdown with Stirling in the Final. However another lacklustre performance saw us beaten 3-1 here and doomed to the third division for another season.

3rd Division

Frank Darnell-Elgin city also none as last place city!

Paul Brownley- Dumbarton

David McGowan- Berwick RangersTracy Watson- Queens park

Mark Griffith_Cowdenbeath

This was a great contest last year and at one point the top 5 were all human players but each human team pressed the self destruction button apart from Alloa who were the only human managed club as such (although joe wasnt in charge of them long and missed last 2 sesions) icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">End of season awards

Best Manager-

Best Newcomer-

Best Result vs AI-

Best Signing-

Best Post-

Most sporting-

best patter in mirc </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>hay i would like to join your clan lads iv just spoke to someone whos in it and hes going to give me details tomorrow

dumbartonupload9nh.gif

Dumbarton in Play Off Heartache

Dumbarton lost over 2 legs against Stirling. The first leg at Stirling was 0-0 with 5 minutes to go when Stirling scored. A minute later Roycroft got himself sent off and would miss the 2nd Leg.

The 2nd Leg had a dream start when Iain Russell scored after 4 minutes to level the match. at 40 mins a long kick by the Sttirling goalie saw our defence ggo AWOL and Stirling scored. Just before theee break the exact same thing happened and we went into the break 2-1 down. TTThe 2nd half saw Dumbarton attack but the y just couldnt get the break thru needed, so its 3rd Division football again next Season

Welcome to my update for the new season.

For those of you following this thread you will be aware my updates are sporadic at best.

Sorry about this but it's unlikely to change.

After starting last season well, I decided to make some changes to the coaching. This was to create what could only be described as catastrophe. As a result I never even made it to the play offs.

I have no money for new players and am left with the team from last year. I am hoping they have learned from their mistakes though and will play even better and get us promoted.

So that is my first aim, To get promoted after this I will set myself another goal.

Archived