Ric's Sunday night scots clan

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dumbartonupload9nh.gif

Good Night for Dumbarton - 1st League Match saw us beat Forfar 2-1. This was followed by a 0-0 draw with East Stirling in a game we dominated but couldnt find the breakthru. Peterhead was up next and I fully expect them to be up there challenging come the end of the season. We beat them 4-2 away and the referee did us no favours. 2 disallowed goals and gave a penalty against us. It was like playing 12 men at times. The last league match of the night was against Queens Park who were level on 7 points with us. We easily beat them 2-0 to go clear at the top of the league with 10 points from a possible 12. The league and Challenge cup bought 2 defeats - 5-0 against Aberdeen and lost on penalties to Peterhead. We played weakened teams in both matches and not too disapointed that we are out of both these cups. Last seasons run to the quarter final of the Scottish Cup took its toll on my players with tirdness, injury and suspensions in my view costing us promotion.

smallerbaner2bz.png

its sad news this week with both Frank and Mcd having to leave the clan due to work.Mcd has a new job and i hope he will continue to do our wonderfull banners Frank has been a stall work of the clan always showing never complaining and just getting on with the job at Elgin his posts will be missed on the thread i hope he will be back but i think he had been getting earache from his mrs about his love of all things Elgin and the final straw was when he suggested that they have another child and call it Elgin

berwickupload3nh.gif

Raith Rovers Bell's Challenge Cup 1st Round 25.7.09

Score 1-0 Defeat

Berwick Goalscorers: None

Berwick have never been great in cup competitions but gave a spirited performance in this game. Rajabu Pambu - Muller opened the scoring in the 5th minute for Raith and it was the only goal in a game full of chances for both teams. The Berick strikers were very poor here and should have finished off some of the excellent chances that were created for them. Berwick went out then to a rather average Raith side.

Berwick 0-1 Raith

berwickupload3nh.gif

Queens Park(H) Third Division 1.8.09

Score 2-1 Defeat

Berwick Goalscorers: Nicky Weightman

This should have been an easy victory for Berwick here who totally fell apart at the back. It seemed the lack of new faces at the club was starting to have an effect on the performances as this was a lacklustre effort from all involved in the game. Queens Park striker Lee Wilson opened the scoring (38) before an instant response from Nicky Weightman (40) levelled the scores. The second half performance was again poor and Greg Kelly summed it up when he tried to skin Queens new boy Ryan Borris who prompty took the ball of him and scored into an empty net. Terrible goalkeeping here but Queens fully deserved their win here and it was a poor start to the new season.

Berwick 1 - 2 Queen's Park

berwickupload3nh.gif

Stenhousemuir(A) CIS Cup 1st Round 4.8.09

Score 2-1 Win

Berwick Goalscorers: Dean Woods and Nicky Weightman

I was absolutely dreading going away to newly promoted Stenny in this game. 2 losses in a row and going to face the likes of Dado Prso and Nacho Novo left all the players praying that we wouldn't get a hammering in this game. Berwick absolutely ripped apart Stenny here and deservedly went through to the next round of the cup. It all started a bit dodgy however as in the first half Stenny controlled the game and should have scored a few however thanks to bad finishing and some heroics from Berwick keeper Greg Kelly this didn't happen and the score at half time was 0-0.

The second half is where the game came alive, Dado Prso was on for Stenny to try and rekindle his once good partnership with former Rangers team mate Nacho Novo. The Berwick players all dug in however and it was to be a new signing that opened the scoring, Dean Woods. He was signed only a few days before the game and had a dream start when he slotted past Colin Nicholson in the 53rd minute. The next attack from Berwick shocked the world when Nicky Weightman made it 2-0 in the 60th. We could have went on to score more in this game but the rest of the chances were not taken. Tam McManus scored a consolation for Stenny in the dyeing minutes but there was no doubt this was Berwick's day and no one could take it away from them not even Stenny manager Thomson who commented,

"The ref was a descendant of the pope"

MOM: Ryan Wilkie

Stenny 1 Berwick 2

berwickupload3nh.gif

Peterhead(H) Third Division 8.8.09

Score 4-0 Defeat

This was the worst result im my time as Berwick manager. The defence was an absolute shambles here and they embarrased me, the chairman and the millions of Berwick fans out there. A 4-0 defeat at home is never acceptable against anybody but especially against an avereage Peterhead team. Goals were from Ciaran Donnely(18), Sean McKenna(25,63) and Martin Wood(86). Peterhead keeper Raymond Jellema however was excellent and kept out a few shots from the Berwick front men.

MOM: Raymond Jellema (Peterhead)

Berwick 0 Peterhead 4

Forfar(A) Third Division 15.8.09

Score 3-1 Win

Berwick Goalscorers: Dean Woods, Nicky Weightman and Stuart Anderson

Needed a win here no doubt after picking up 0 points in the first two league games. We got off to the worst start possible when Scott Gemmill scored for Forfar in the 13th minute and Forfar where looking good creating a lot of chances here. Then Dean Woods scored again in his second start in the 33rd minute to level the scores at 1-1 going into half time.

Forfar were creating more chances in the second half and it was a credit to the keeper and the defence that they didn't score any more. Weightman scored in the 61st and then captain Stuart Anderson finished Forfar off 3 minutes later with a nice finish in a game that Forfar probably deserved a point.

MOM: Stuart Anderson

Forfar 1 Berwick 3

berwickupload3nh.gif

Peterhead(H) Third Division 8.8.09

Score 4-0 Defeat

This was the worst result im my time as Berwick manager. The defence was an absolute shambles here and they embarrased me, the chairman and the millions of Berwick fans out there. A 4-0 defeat at home is never acceptable against anybody but especially against an avereage Peterhead team. Goals were from Ciaran Donnely(18), Sean McKenna(25,63) and Martin Wood(86). Peterhead keeper Raymond Jellema however was excellent and kept out a few shots from the Berwick front men.

MOM: Raymond Jellema (Peterhead)

Berwick 0 Peterhead 4

Forfar(A) Third Division 15.8.09

Score 3-1 Win

Berwick Goalscorers: Dean Woods, Nicky Weightman and Stuart Anderson

Needed a win here no doubt after picking up 0 points in the first two league games. We got off to the worst start possible when Scott Gemmill scored for Forfar in the 13th minute and Forfar where looking good creating a lot of chances here. Then Dean Woods scored again in his second start in the 33rd minute to level the scores at 1-1 going into half time.

Forfar were creating more chances in the second half and it was a credit to the keeper and the defence that they didn't score any more. Weightman scored in the 61st and then captain Stuart Anderson finished Forfar off 3 minutes later with a nice finish in a game that Forfar probably deserved a point.

MOM: Stuart Anderson

Forfar 1 Berwick 3

berwickupload3nh.gif

Hearts(H) CIS Cup 2nd Rnd 18.8.09

Score 2-0 Defeat

This was a harsh draw after the amazing result in the 1st round, having to play a top SPL side. Hearts battered us from start to finish in this game and there can't be any complaints from me. They opened the scoring in the 4th minute through Matteo Gallinuci before Berwick gave away a cheap penalty in the 39th which striker Dariusz Zjawinski missed. He made up for it in the second half however as he put Hearts 2 up in the 55th minute.

They had plenty more chances too score and we were lucky only to concede 2 goals in this one sided game that saw us go out another cup however this was our highest attended game and also generated the most money at the gates, so it was good in that sense.

MOM: Savolainen (Hearts)

Berwick 0 Hearts 2

Ayr(A) Third Division 22.8.09

Score 2-1 Win

Berwick Goalscorers: Darren Smith(pen) and Iain Chisholm(pen)

Ayr would have been wondering how they didn't win this game after a really poor performance from Berwick but still it's goals that count and we snatched the 3 points here. The first half we were battered by Ayr and suprisingly didn't concede any goals. Ayr stupidly gave away a penalty in the 55th minute in which Darren Smith converted nicely. Mark Kirk then pulled one back for Ayr in the 64th before the gave away another penalty 10 mins later in which Chisholm scored to make it 2-1.

Was a good game overall and I was happy to take the three points here and get back on track for promotion.

MOM: Paul McLaren (Ayr)

Ayr 1 Berwick 2

Peterhead are proud to announce the unveiling of Nick Bott as the new team manager!

Fans and players alike looked around in amazement at each other as they tried to figure out who the hell this English guy was.

Bott took charge and immediately tried to find some much needed players for the Peterhead team but it was to no avail, Bott marched his team into the season without any notable signings.

Having heard the forthcoming odds for promotion this year Bott quickly got down to work and started plotting where his team could pick up the much needed points to keep Peterhead in with an outside chance of pushing for promotion.

Cup vs Albion

First up was a feisty mathc against Albion in the cup, star man Donnely missed TWO penalties in this game and a 2-2 result at full time saw us go into extra time and with 3 subs being sent on for Peterhead the fresh legs took over and we ran out 5-2 winners.

League vs Albion

Next match saw us away at Albion again but this time in the league, another close game as my players settled into my management style and it ended 1-1 with Donnely finally hitting the back of the net with a delightful free kick from the edge of the area in the 64th min, but Albion were quick to level the score in the 70th minute via Mathu King.

Peterhead have played well above and beyond my own expectations so far this season and currently lay one point off the top spot, this division is wide open atm with any one of 5-6 teams more than capable of occupying the top spot at any point!

Some memorable matches to date are as follows.

League vs Berwick <away>

A game i was not looking forward to so early on, Berwick had a very strong side and were on a high after beating Stenny in the cup, a draw would have seen me happy.

The first 15 mins seemed very open with both sides creating chances and both keepers pulling off some good saves, on 18 mins however Donnely drove a wonderful fre kick into the back of the net and put Peterhead 1-0 up, more goals were too follow as the Peterhead strikers started to hit the mark, Sean Mckenna netted in the 25th minute and completed his brace in the 63rd minute and the scoring was finished off by sub Martin Wood in the 86th minute to give Peterhead a resounding 4-0 win.

It has to be stated that man of the match Raymond Jellema was sensational in the Peterhead goal!

League vs Dumbarton <home>

Anoher BIG match, Dumbarton had been ridig high and the Peterhead lads were looking forward to the challenge after the performance against Berwick the week before!

Dumbarton started really well and put us under a lot of pressure which paid off in the 16th minute when dene shields turned cleverly and found the back of the net to put Dumbarton 1-0 up, this was quickly followed by Iain Russel finding the Peterhead goal and thus Dumbarton were 2-0 up and cruising, some feverish instructions to captain and inspiration Ciaran Donnely saw Dunn put through for Peterhead and the score was 2-1 at half time.

After the break eterhead continued to push and hassle the opponents in search of the equaliser which came when Dumbarton finally lost there cool and hacked down Mckenna in the box.. 51st min PENALTY! Ciaran Donnelly stepped up, having missed his previous two the pressure was on... GOAL!

2-2

Alas, at this point both Peterhead forwards had been injured and instead of playing for the draw Bott tried to spur his team on and got punished when Dyer put Dumbarton 3-2 ahead and with Russell completing his brace in the 63rd minute the game was as good as over.

Dumbarton played extremely well and fully deserved the win because of the clinical finishing, however a local supporter was heard to have said how Peterhead had much more possession and recorded more shots on goal AND on target and could take some pride from the performance.

last season Alloa unveiled Joe Williams as theiir new manager, and was very succssessful getting them Promoted beating McGowans Berwick on the last day.

A good run in division 2 has seen Alloa surprisingly go to the top half of the table but are expected to drop soon

more to come..

dumbartonupload9nh.gif

After a good run of form Dumbarton find themselves 7 points clear at the top of Division Three. Queens Park are the nearest challenges with Berwick and Peterhead on the fringes of the promotion race. Forfar are also in the mix. A good win against Queens Park has put the the pressure on them. A 1-0 victory over Berwick was completed with 60 minutes with Midfielder McGregor in the nets after an injury to Peter Cherrie. I think a goalie on the bench in future will be the way to go. Dumbarton have put themselves in a great position and if Iain Russell continues to score the title looks promising. Also David McNaught is back in the side after 5 months out and he is a proven goalscorer. A tactical change at the beginning of the season (More solid in midfield) is paying dividends. My tip for the title is Dumbarton and I believe Berwick will it form to get promotion through the play offs.

icon_cool.gif

Ok a new season,and with more time in the transfer market im hoping to freshen things up at cowdenbeath,but its proving a little difficult(ask the chairman!)NO MONEY!

And loan signings are also proving difficult,nobody seems to like the beef!

So we shall struggle on with a couple of freebies signed from montrose reserves,im currently lying in 5th spot 5points outside a playoff place although this is unlikley unless we can get some consistency,and with my current pool of players,i doubt it!

But stranger things have happened.........everton finishing 4th!

So we march on and endeavour to scour scotland for some free footballers that can play football.

icon_smile.gif over out..............mark-manager of cowdenbeath.

dumbartonupload9nh.gif

Dumbarton had a good session last night. Went and won seven games on the trot including a 2-0 Cup win V 2nd Division Brechin and a 3-0 Win over Cowdenbeath. The other plus point is we didnt concede a single goal. However it was not all good new. Iain Russell was ruled out for 3-4 months with an injury but Marini, Shields and O Carroll deputised and played alongside Dave McNaught and all played in this winning run. But things turned after a 4-1 cup defeat against Ross County of Division one, a little disapointed with the result, we had a few chances but were in truth well beaton. The last league match pf the night and the game following on from the Ross County match was away to 4th place Peterhead. Peterhead are proving to be a strong team and look good for a play off place. Even so, Dumbarton were 10 points clear at the top of Division three, and expected to win this match. What was to follow was the worst performance from a Dumbarton team since I took over 4 seasons ago. Went behing after a few minutes and never recovered. The half time score of Peterhead 4 Dumbarton 0 was a fair reflection of the match. Dene Sheilds pulled one back on 53mins and the Dumbarton crowd sensed an amazing comeback. How wrong they were. Peterhead scored 2 more to make the final score Peterhead 6 Dumbarton 1. So after going so long without conceding a goal we concede 10 in 2 matches. Hopefully it was just a bad day at the office and a good one for Peterhead with a couple of new signing playing. Dumbarton lead at the top is cut to 7 points with Forfar in pursuit. The pressure is now on Dumbarton and the next match is a game we dare not lose against second Place Forfar.

icon15.gif POLO

berwickupload3nh.gif

Berwick's season has gone from bad to worse recently as they have gone on a run that has saw then without a win in 8 games. We are sitting in 8th position with 21 points from 20 games, only 4 points from the bottom of the league.

There is hope however we are only 10 points away from a play off place and there is still time to turn it around. Now in the January transfer window and I'll be looking to spend the money that we have on strengthening the defence especially.

Full transfer update and all games that are played will follow after Sunday icon_wink.gif

well no offece to the players in it

But your clan ? You can shove it

You were out of order spittin yer dummy out and greetin like a big wain. Grow up fs. Kicking me out game and trying to on mirc because i wouldnt change my name to have team name in it ? ffs i was only back for one night and playing as albion for a few hours and you had to moan and then cry because a rule that u must have team name in nickname. lol boo hoo wee man

Know exactly wit sandy wis treated like noo. He wis a good player lost because u couldne handle a few jokes and yet again your dummy hit the floor. Infact he probably wisne even kicked fae clan probably quit.

So ching to the rest and ric u kin swing pal

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by __McD__:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol good to see the best scottish game on a sunday keeping all their players happy icon_biggrin.gif

Steve, McD wasnt in our clan. He had left but he was supposed to be rejoining, but didnt actually tell the truth. He only wanted to come back in to cos some aggro and have people bickering.He had a grievance with Ric and he should have dealt with Ric, not came in and ****ed off half the clan.

There were many wrongs last nite but none of it would have happened if Mcd hadnt rejoined (although he didnt).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by __McD__:

You were out of order spittin yer dummy out and greetin like a big wain. Grow up fs. Kicking me out game and trying to on mirc because i wouldnt change my name to have team name in it ? ffs i was only back for one night and playing as albion for a few hours and you had to moan and then cry because a rule that u must have team name in nickname. lol boo hoo wee man

Know exactly wit sandy wis treated like noo. He wis a good player lost because u couldne handle a few jokes and yet again your dummy hit the floor. Infact he probably wisne even kicked fae clan probably quit.

So ching to the rest and ric u kin swing pal </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well said icon_smile.gif and for the record i did quit ! icon14.gif

Tracy thats a pile a pish you have just slapped in there by the way.

One night stand only. Was my words ric knew i was only back for one night and your only greetin cos you got hammerd 4-1. So button yer bottom lip tae yer tap n shut up.

I was only playing for one night but yet ric was kickin me out game because i didnt change my name to have albion in it then tried to get me kicked out of mirc as well FOR NOT HAVING ALBION_McD WTF. This isne a wee boy were talkin about its a grown man greetin like a baby over a nickname in a chat room. So stop defending him when hes in the wrong. He was that much in the right DM left as well ? Your the only one who seems to think im the cause of it. So clamp it.

Still waiting for the fud tae send a reply here.

O aye n tae let ye no a didne have a problem with ric before a joined that sunday game for yer information. Ive been talkin tae ric day in day oot fae a left clan so there wisne a problem up untill he started greetin aboot a nickname.

So dont pish in a corner ye know nothing about.

Guys,

Take it to a new thread cos its getting pretty childish in here.

It was six of one and half a dozen of the other from what i saw. So either let it drop or take it to a new thread somewhere else ok? Thanks.

icon14.gif

Archived