Ric's Sunday night scots clan

League Cup 1st Round

Stenhousemuir 3 - Schaken (4), Nish (27), Hughes (82)

Peterhead 2 - Smith (20, 44)

Total underdogs for this game against Rics Stenny, we started with 5 in defence and 2 Defensive midfielders and pace up front. Counter attacking football at its best lol. Unfortunately it was not to be and Stenny out classed and out fought the Blue Toon to record a comfortable 3-2 win. One good point that came from this match though was the composure and pace that Darren Smith showed in front of goal, i really think with the way he took his 2 goals that he will be a revelation in the 3rd division this year.

Division 3

Arbroath 1 - Loy (45)

Peterhead 5 - Ramsay (20, 82), Robertson (32), McDonough (67), Donnelly (86)

After seeing that Arbroath had lost there last 2 games 4-0, Peterhead went into this match to dominate and take home only one result. A resounding win. Peterhead started off with a 433 formation playing 2 very wide forwards to try and monopolise on the fact Arbroath were playing with 3 CBs and no full backs and it paid off when after 20 mins Ramsey playing in the Forward left position cut inside and went on a mazy run that ended with hims lotting the ball past the Arbroath keeper with 2 defenders still trying to catch him. Ramsey was also involved in the 2nd goal on 32 mins by threading a wonderful 40 yard pass across the park to the forward right position player Robertson who latched on to the through ball and hit a wonderful 25 yard shot past the Arbroath keeper. Arbroath managed to pull 1 back via Loy before half time to leave the scores 2-1 at HT to the Blue Toon. The second half was about one thing though, a commanding performance from the Blue Toon, a real poachers goal from McDonough and 2 sublime free kicks from Donnelly and Ramsey secured the Blue Toons win and sent a message to the rest of the 3rd Division.

Division 3

Peterhead 0

Cowdenbeath 0

An extremely tight affair with Cowdenbeath almost completely dominating the play in the first half, a dwitch around in the Peterhead Tactics at half time and a little more tinkering throughout the 2nd Half still wasn't enough to break the deadlock, 0-0 was maybe a slight injustice to Cowdenbeath and Peterhead were happy to see Lombardi have an off day in front of goal.

Division 3

Peterhead 1 Smith (80)

Ayr 0

Still trying to figure out how best to play against Ayrs wonder formation, Peterhead decided to go with an adapted version of the formation they used against Arbroath in hope they could again exploit the 3CBs 0 FBs. Well aware how dangerous Ayr are on the counterattack, Bott played a very sturdy defensive line with distinct orders to the full backs NOT to get caught out by the Ayr wingers who like to dominate games. At half time it was 0-0 with both sides having a few chances. In the 75th minute Peterhead brought on Sean McKenna to play along side Smith up front and it paid off 5 mins later when Smith bundled the ball over the line to give Peterhead the goal they had been searching for. A BIG win for Peterhead against a side who i still totally expect to be challenging come the end of the season.

Currently being held off the top spot by East Stirling on goal difference it has been a solid start for the Blue Toon who have gone unbeaten in the league and given debuts to most of the new signings. With Albion next and then the big match against East Stirling i would like to see 4 points from those two games and keep the unbeaten run going.

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fat Ric:

clanbanner2bp9wa.gif

Good sesion tonight Season underway almost full house exept ross and our newbie who will join once they have managed to change over his connection to broadband sent you all a e-mail about midweek sesion </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sunday clan normally mean there played on a Sunday Ric, tut tut the master will be turning in his grave icon15.gif

Ric get more of your lads in the World Cup predictions game

as it would get some banter going

dumbartonupload9nh.gif

Queens Park 1 Dumbarton 0

Division Two

After losing to Dundee in the LCC Dumbarton visited Queens Park. Both teams having won their ist league games went into this match confident and just 15 seconds into the match the reccalled Scott McDonald had a great chance but fired over. Ryan Borris (Ex Dumbarton) opened the scoring on 15 minutes with a good header. Dumbarton then struggled to get back into the match. Dave McNaught had a great chance on 75 mins but fired wide. In the the end Queens Park fully deserved their victory.

dumbartonupload9nh.gif

21/10/2010 Division Two

Dumbarton 2 - 2 Alloa

Just 3 minutes into the game Gaavinn Strachan struck a wonderful free - kick to put Alloa 1-0 up. On 13 Mins Alex Walker scoored an even better free from 30 yards 1-1. (Alex Walker, Pictured)

030406_05.jpg

Liam Bucchanon restored Alloa lead on 18 mins with a good headed gooal afterr a cross from Sloan. New signing Daniel Kidd though made it 2-2 with a excellent free kick from 25 yards.

On 53 Steven Vinter was sent off but Dumbbarton could not find a breakthru and it ended 2-2

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stabwest:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fat Ric:

clanbanner2bp9wa.gif

Good sesion tonight Season underway almost full house exept ross and our newbie who will join once they have managed to change over his connection to broadband sent you all a e-mail about midweek sesion </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sunday clan normally mean there played on a Sunday Ric, tut tut the master will be turning in his grave icon15.gif

Ric get more of your lads in the World Cup predictions game

as it would get some banter going </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ric new link mate

World Cup Challenge

still waiting for you Ric, are you worried that dm_gers will get more right than you hehe

cheers Bottster mate btw icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">still waiting for you Ric, are you worried that dm_gers will get more right than you hehe

cheers Bottster mate btw </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glad to be of service. icon14.gif

After our midweek session,it leave's me as cowdenbeath manager a little more confident that we can do a bit more than bottom 3 or 4 this season.

We go into sundays session with 2 wins,1 draw,in last 3, the draw being away at high flying berwick in a game where my boys applied themselve's superbly and were unlucky not to get all 3 points.

We have a new signing in martin feicher who can hopefully provide the creativity we have been lacking,prior to last 3 games we had scored 1 per game!!!

Since feicher has come in its 2.5 roughly oh and a change of tactics, we've decided on best form of defence is attack(because frankly my defence is pants).

stennybanner3sz.gif

whats been hapening at stenny i here you say?

well stenny fought and managed to keep there place in the 1st division as i hoped my plan was always to survive in the 1st last season.

i am hoping for midtable to top this year and promotion to the premier league next season

we started off well with victory over favourites for promotion dunfermline away from home and have kept it up were sitting third after 11 league games and with a bit of luck can claim that mid table slot as hoped for

smallerbaner2bz.png

current clan players and there clubs

1st division

Ross Mcgregor-East Fife

Richard Thomson- Stenhousemuir

2nd division

Tracy watson-Queens Park

Joe Williams-Alloa

Paul Brownley2-Dumbarton

3rd division

Mark Griffith-Cowdenbeath

Nick Bott-Unemployed

Craig Kinross-Berwick Rangers

Mark Douglas2-Ayr

New PLayers to be assigned clubs yet

Mark Mckean-?

possible if he gets a broadband connection day8537

dumbartonupload9nh.gif

Craig Dargo - Dumbarton

Dargs%20Celeb.jpg

Craig Dargo was purchased at the beginning of the season has Paul Brownley looked to add quality and experience to his strike force. Dargo has had a mixed start to his Dumbarton career, scoring 3 goals but has struggled with fitness and injury.

03%20Dargo%20Hurt%20Horizontal%20SB.jpg

After scoring 2 goals and a moan of the match performance Dargo was injured again and missed the next few games. Dargo is currently close to a full fitness and will hopefully help score the goals which to keep Dumbarton in a comfortable mid table position in their 1st Season in Division 2. Paul Brownley was tracking Dargo for a few years and was delighted to finally sign him. Brownley had worked with Dargo at Clyde when Brownley was a coach.

icon14.gif

now what i need is someone who thinks they can do the job to the same or better standard! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>any volunteers?

now what i need is someone who thinks they can do the job to the same or better standard! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>any volunteers? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Polo:

Dont know how to do it else I would have a go. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lads get yourself a copy of photoshop or fireworks, muck about with them, then bang sorted, you'll start bang out banners.

Or pay me £20 per banner icon_biggrin.gif

c'mon Ric you know you wanna mate.

dumbartonupload9nh.gif

With the season coming to its final stages Dumbarton find themselves well clear of relegation and very unlikely to challenge for a play off spot. Its been a good season of consolidation. Impressive performances include pre season signing Diaz at centre half, Alex Walker has done well on the right side and young striker Martin Wood has burst onto the scene with 3 goals from 2 matches. If we can add a couple of quality players in pre season I am sure we can maybe make a play off challenge next season.

If you read further up the. thread you will see that I have no idea, however stabwest will do you one for £20 or do as he says and get yourself a copy of photoshop.....

If you work it out you can do the rest of our clan one then icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">still no sign of the missing joe and Nick rumour has it they have been kidnaped by stabwest as they know how to make banners and hes hoping to force me in to paying him £20 quid a banner </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

clanbanner2bp9wa.gif

he (stabwest) denies it but its funny how our 2 sasanacs have gone missing police will have to be called in to protect Mark from london just in case

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">still no sign of the missing joe and Nick rumour has it they have been kidnaped by stabwest as they know how to make banners and hes hoping to force me in to paying him £20 quid a banner </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

clanbanner2bp9wa.gif

he (stabwest) denies it but its funny how our 2 sasanacs have gone missing police will have to be called in to protect Mark from london just in case </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

knows nothing jpshakehead.sml.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stabwest:

clanbanner2bp9wa.gif

he (stabwest) denies it but its funny how our 2 sasanacs have gone missing police will have to be called in to protect Mark from london just in case </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

knows nothing jpshakehead.sml.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'right

dumbartonupload9nh.gif

Manager Paul Brownley2 let numerous reserve players leave the club in the summer. These players were not replaced and Brownley2 is only looking at quality replacements. The first of 2 summer signings saw Andy Gegan return to the club on a free transfer after an unhappy spell at Queen of the South. QOS bought Gegan for 90K from Dumbarton but Gegan failed to win a regular spot. The other summer signing was central defender Learmouth who signed for a reported 5K. The fist game of the season was against Peterhead in the Challenge Cup. A Last minute goal from young striker Michael Wood clinched a well deserved victory. Learmouth was excellent at the back partnerinmg last seasons player of the season Diaz. Gegan was suspended for this match but will find it difficult to break into the team based on this performance. Dumbarton now look solid at the back which has not been the case in the past. Dumbarton look a good bet for a play off place after finishing 6th last season.

icon14.gif

The new season is upon us and i told my lads a good start was imperative if we were to have any hope of promotion this year.

The cowdenbeath players have responded and i couldnt have asked anymore from them.....ok so how have we got on?

Firstly the cup....we played scottish div 1 side east fife at home,and didnt realy expect to much only for my team to go out there and pull off the upset in the 2nd round we were hosts to another div1 side clyde we took the lead after 56mins and looked like we may pull it off again only for clyde to equalise against the run of play with just 10mins to go....so to extra time it went and they managed to get the goal to send us out of the cup but none the less a brilliant effort from the cowdenbeath players.

So onto the league campaign after tonights session we find ourselves top of the pile in div3 played 8 w6 d0 l2

Lombardi has started the season well and found his scoring boots and has gelled with new signing john bruce upfront,but the most pleasing thing about our start has been the goals against column which has been the main problem,with a totally new defence pretty much and a new keeper there has been a bit of an overhaul but there had to be and its working thus far,scott walker was brought in on a free and a big coup at the back was the signing of talented swedish defender larsson.

Jon smith was the new keeper signed from motherwell and has relished 1st team football and pulled off some very important saves already this season and is a major factor in our current league position. icon14.gif

dumbartonupload9nh.gif

Steven Learmonth was a new signing for Dumbarton this season. He has gone straight into the first team and has struck up a good partnership with Diaz in the heart of the Dumbarton defence. Dumbarton find themselves struggling at the foot of the table but a good win against Alloa keeps them off the bottom. Only 1 win in 8 games doesnt tell the true story as in all but one of those games Dumbarton have played competitive football. With the first win under their belt Dumbarton hope to get some points in the bag and climb the table.

Steven Learmonth - Dumbarton FC

Steven%20Learmonth%20Web.jpg

gb-eng.gif

God save our gracious Queen!

Long live our noble Queen!

God save the Queen!

Send her victorious,

Happy and glorious,

Long to reign over us,

God save the Queen.

COME ON ENGLAND!!!

Good luck to England from all at Rics Sunday Night Scots Clan