Ric's Sunday night scots clan

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cooltext214497244xc.jpg

another night another opening game vs Albion rvs

sat 18 aug 2012

Albion Rvs Cliftonhill 2-2

Game was replayed after a disconnection which i won the 1st one this time round it was a draw Williams and Moore on the scoresheet forfar again out shot there opponents but can also feel luck as Albion missed a penalty

Sat 25 aug 2012

cooltext214497244xc.jpg

Right this time were get it rightr (sounds like a world cup record)

The Night Started with a 1-1 draw but got better for Forfar

Wed 19sept 2012

Berwick Rangers Station Park

after the fine form of the last few weeks away from home a home match looked like another 3 pts for the Station Park lads moore cancelled out pattersons opener in a game that was 50-50 and no team deserved to lose

sat 22nd sept 2012

Elgin Borough Briggs

in a game that forfar were keen to show the last couple of weeks had not been a fluke and there slip up on wed was noit a return to the form that the bookies had tipped would see forfar finnish Bottom with very few points a 7 goal thriller was the outcome as Forfar made Manager Thomson Sweat moore scored first Before gunn hit back williams hit the 2nd and 3rd goal waston scored for elgin to bring it back to 1 in it before Forfar's moore hit his second elgin scored in the last few seconds to make it look closer than it was

sat 29th sept 2012

Albion Rvs Station Park

This game was replayed after connection probs (someone triped over wire)i won first time round icon_wink.gif

A 1-1 draw was just about the result Williams opened the scoring But Forfar could not hold out weatherston finally squared the game up with 7 mins to go

sat 13th oct 2012

William souter hit the winner his first goal in his 164th game 5ft11 souter was quoted as saying "i hope i dont have to wait another 164 games before i score again"Manager Thomson sang the defenders praises and was happy with the 3pts

sat 20th October 2012

Stranraer Stair Park

2 Penalties 1 for each team looked like being the only goals untill mccoll got his marshing orders leaving forfar to hang on Stranraer should have been able to pick of Forfar But Doolin came of the bench to hit the winner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Polo:

Germany 3 - 1 Italy Cards 7

Portugal 0 - 2 France Cards 2 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Polo i need the rest of your correct scores mate thanks mate.

so it looks something like this

Germany 2-1 Italy, 20:00 cards 5

Portugal 0-1 France, 20:00 cards 4

Loser SF1 1-1 Loser SF2, 20:00 cards 6

Winners SF1 2-1 Winners SF2, 19:00 cards 5

correct scores

and anyone esle in this clan whos playing the correct scores game, they must be posted before the 1st semi/final game thanks.

i think i've got your Ric icon14.gif

polo7jd.gif

OK STABWEST IVE DONE IT

May be late to Wednesday Session

Bad session for Dumbarton on Sunday. The only win was a 4-0 thrashing of lowly East Stirling but my 2 main strikers Russell and Woods both got injured and will both be out for a few months. Only losing games by the odd goal so I think a turnaround in results will not be far away. Still hoping for the play offs (Promotion not relegation!!!)

polo7jd.gif

The-Scottish-Sun-logo-new.jpg

Under Pressure boss Paul Brownley has denied reports that he will resign as manager of struggling Dumbarton. Dumbarton are 9th in Division Two and face a fight against relegation. After 2 comfortable mid table finishes in Division Two hopes were high that Dumbarton would be fighting for a play off place. Brownley said "a couple of wins will turn it around for us" but the pressure will be on unless results improve. Asked if he would resign he answered "No comment to questions like that". Dumbarton sold McNaught for 1 million pounds in the summer and our inside man at the club told us that Brownley was disapointed that the board choose to sell.

1zb524k.jpg

As the newly stated manager of Ayr United, I was left to pick them up from 8th place with a quarter of the season gone and achievce a respectable finish. With the squad i had, i thought i could easily take them to the second division. I began my managerial record with a 2-1 win over Elgin (bottom placed team) and managed a 2-2 draw against the top team Alloa in which we gave away a 92nd penalty to elt them draw icon_frown.gif But we turned it on against Berwick for an emphatic 5-3 win.

I have absolutely no doubt we will win the league as the quality of the opposition seems to be non-existant. Consequently, new faces are being brought in to make the back to back promotion from Division 2 to Division 1 next season easier icon_smile.gif

cooltext214497244xc.jpg

well to say it was a disaster for forfar i would list the results here but ill start to cry again!skelped 6-1 in 1 game alone all be it i had a few injuries but there is no excuses and was a great performance scoring 6 breakaway goals by montrose followed by craigs berwick turning me over i knew it would all go pete tong when i won the first game of the sesion i should have called it quits then!

polo7jd.gif

Dumbarton find themselves 4 points from safety and currently occupy 9th spot which would mean a relegation play off. Form has been patchy but there are a few teams who are on similar points and 4th place Cowdenbeath are only 10 points ahead of us. So its all to play for and a mid table finish is the aim. Dumbarton have made a few mid season transfers and a few players will be coming to the club on Jan 1st including 450,000 signing from Forfar, Alex Williams. Williams should add to the fire power of Dumbarton and will fight for a 1st team place with Wood and Russell.

New Signing Alex Williams, 450,000 from Forfar.

alex.jpg

taymaz3ae.jpg

Absolutely dominating the third division and still unbeaten as manager of Ayr in the league (12 games) however the final game culminated in a 0-0 draw against a midtable side which has seen Alloa increase their gap at the top of the league to 8 points however im hopeful we can get 6 points on them over the two games against them. Plenty of signings, most notably being 18 year old midfielder Alex Bennet who seems to be a very hot prospect. With a playoff place gauranteed, promotion is virtually gauranteed and therefore the team is being strengthened for a division 2 campaign which will most likely result in back to back promotions.

IN THE SPL IN 3 YEARS STRAIGHT icon_cool.gif

lol-a-logo.jpg

subtlety. Something my tactics lack a bit icon_frown.gif

Pfft, you're only unbeaten because my strikers decided to take the day off by missing those ridiculously easy chances!

As for my somewhat unincredible exploits so far - out go a bunch of rubbish players, in come a bunch of nearly as rubbish players. The occasional bit of good form mixed in with some shockers to put me just inside the playoffs. Defensive shambles though. A defender and a keeper would be useful improvements in January, but the keeper I had my eyes on broke his leg.

taymaz3ae.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by act smiley:

but the keeper I had my eyes on broke his leg. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would do the same if the manager of Albion Rovers was scouting me icon_biggrin.gif

uh, you realise I'm not going to use that horrifically stretched oversized and pointless banner when all it does is make anything I write unreadable due to it being bigger than the entire post, right?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

I would do the same if the manager of Albion Rovers was scouting me

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just goes to show how good a target he was! :p

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rosco Van Nistelrooy:

Yo Fat Boy when was the last time u got ur hole? icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

turps icon14.gif

well Ric answer the master?

Originally posted by act smiley:

uh, you realise I'm not going to use that horrifically stretched oversized and pointless banner when all it does is make anything I write unreadable due to it being bigger than the entire post, right?

how can a say this.

LOVING IT MAN HAHAHA that post makes u look a bigger clown than jason walker did in a 9-0 romp. Your gonna sue ppl for using logos in banners. wtf mate.

Grow up. u really think coca cola and the bank of scotland are gonna care that theres a guy with there logos on his banner lolol i used to think you were just a tit But now youv made it clear as day.

What exactly are they gonna sue him for ? his pc his fm and the chair his arse is on.

polo7jd.gif

Dumbarton have climbed clear of the bottom 2 and are currently placed in 7th position.

Started last nights session with a excellent 1-1 draw against league leaders Airdrie and Dumbarton even ended up with 10 men.

Next Match was a 3-2 victory over Brechin. With Brechin just above us in Div 2 victory was essential.

High flying Cowdenbeath were the next visiters and in this game we came unstuck with a 1-0 reverse. The goal came from a free kick. Apart from that was not much between the sides.

The game of the season followed against Queens Park. Another game we needed to win and when new signing Alex Williams, making his debut, fired a wonderful goal to put Dumbarton 3-1 up victory seemed assured. However Queens Park pulled one back and in the 90th minute levelled. Dumbarton were gutted but a scramble in the area saw O Reilly score deep in injury time to make it 4-3. Everyone in the ground went mental.

The last game of the evening was against Peterhead and the 1-0 scoreline could have been more. New signing Devine scored early on and Dumbarton finished the evening with 10 points from a possible 15.

This has taken us clear of the relegation places but the form must be maintained to get a mid table finish. The mid season transfers seem to be a success.

cooltext214497244xc.jpg

A mixed bag of a night for forfar after last 2 sesions disaster

sat 12th january 2013

stirling-Forthbank stadium 3-1

Revenge was sweet as the forfar players managed to get ther loss to montrose out there system from earlier in the season Fraser mclean scored 2 goals as young tommy coyne was brought off bench for his debut

sat 9th febuary 2013

the first game of the night and a new strike force after moore and williams left the club for pastures new kenny clarke was the man in the middle as Mclean hit 3 goals to get the fans asking alex who? wallace was still in goal deputising for the injured Montgomery

19th January 2013

Ayr Somerset Park 2-3

second game of the night was a topsay turphy affair Ayr pegging back Buchanan's opener before scoring just before the break to make it 2-1 at h/t fraser mclean looked like he had split the points in the 80th min which would have been a more fair result but ryan watson hit the winner in the 84th min and ayr took all 3 points

Sat 26th January 2013

berwick Station park 1-0

3rd match in a row that kenny clark was the man in the middle this affair only saw 1 goal by buchanan in the 14th min as Montgomery kept a clean sheet in his return to action

sat 2nd febuary 2013

elgin Borough briggs 0-5

disaster struck as forfar just failed to turn up elgin were 3 up just after 30 mins and coasting Thomson took the Gamble and went for it and paid the price althought the team looked tired Thomson spent 30 mins tearing into them after the game and did not miss with match ratings of 4's and 5's no one in the team could say it wasnt deserved Thomson was gutted as team had won games before they wernt given a chance to but yet through away a almost guaranteed 3 pts here.

FMBanner.jpg

Cowdenbeath started the evenings session with a cup game against premier league dundee utd,and with both first team keepers in the physio room in meant a call up for the youth team keeper,and as expected we went down to a 4-1 scoreline.

DIVISION 2

With cowdenbeath losing the services of koen shroeder to livingston in a £475,000 deal which was a deal that was too good to refuse it was imperative that we brought in some extra faces to strenghten the squad for our playoff push.

Young alan ferguson a promising young centre back was brought in, as was ummarino genny a promising italian defender and micheal moore a proven scorer from forfar,and experienced midfielder gavin strachan.

Our first league game of the evening was brechin in which we gained an excellent 3-0 win,this was then followed by victory against a hardworking peterhead side 2-0.

We then played dumbarton away which was always going to be a difficult fixture despite dumbartons league position,a 1-0 win was gained.

We then played a poor east stirling side and won 3-0 although could of had a few more,the last game of the evening was against 3rd placed raith and gained an excellent 2-0 victory!

So this meant we had won all 5 league games this session and had not conceded a goal,this was partly due to the excellent signing of ummarino genny who as looked right at home in the centre of the cowdenbeath defence and after 5 games he is averaging an impressive 8.0 avrg rating,

And mention must go to micheal moore who was bought on a free transfer from rics forfar and has played 3 games and chipped in with 2gls and 2 assists and proved an excellent second striker with lombardi.

So this leaves cowdenbeath who were tipped for relegation 4th, 9points clear of 5th placed queens park and now just 1 point behind raith in 3rd.

I also gained the manager of the month during this last month.

With 10 games left in the season Mark G is in the lead with his cowdenbeath troups but looks unlikely to catch Airdrie Unt Tracey’s 2 missed sessions might cost her as she sits just out the playoffs with Polo’s 15 pts off play off postion but sitting in 6th place after a return to form by the sons of the rock wills Peterhead are on the same points although both look save neither of them will want to drop into the relgation playoff spot which a bad run could bring on

Divisin 3 on the other hand could bring a automatic promotion although Alloa have a 7point lead over the human pack that follow them in places 2nd to 7th place Taymaz’s Ayr Trail My Forfar only on Goal difference on the 42pt mark Stranraer managed by Adam are currently in the last play off spot 2 points behind 2nd and 3rd and 4 points in front of the chassing pack pauls Albion Rvs and Mark Mc’s Montrose 1 point ahead of Craigs Berwick Rangers clanbanner2bp9wa6ue.gif

taymaz3ae.jpg

Due to an imminent war in the Middle East, Ayr United manager was called in to serve Iran's army towards the end of the season. Up Until he packed his bags he had managed to get Ayr into 3rd place with 4 points off the title. Telegrams have not reached Islamabad yet and Taymaz Rad has lost sense of how many days he has been over there, he would appreciate an update on how things have gone for his team and promises to be back in the near future. He has also stated that if Ayr have not been promoted then a full investigation should be underway as to whick pillock touched his tactics.

Archived