Ric's Sunday night scots clan

polo7jd.gif

With only a few games to go Dumbartons future in the 2nd Division hangs in the balance. There is a possibility that they will end up in the relegation play off spot unless they can get a couple of wins from their last 4 games. Under fire boss Paul Brownley said " We have talked as a Squad about the play offs and believe if we do end up in them that we have he quality to beat the current Division Three Clubs. The gap between the 2nd and the 3rd is quite steep. Look at Alloa as an example." Alloa were relegated last season but now lead Division Theee.

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by richard thomson:

last time i saw your mrs rosco you were to busy winding up your mac to get it started </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry o' Fat one i dont understand, please take your tounge off the window icon_rolleyes.gif

poloub40gd3.jpg

Nice Banner - Thanks.

Brownley2 is currrently recharging his batteries and hoping to get back into management when the right offer comes along. Rangers and Celtic were both rumoured to be after his services after the fine job he did in taking Dumbarton from bottom of Division Three to mid table in Division Two.

FMBanner.jpg

Cowdenbeath gain promotion

After gaining 4th spot and the last playoff spot,we went into the playoffs knowing our first game would be 1st division ross county.

Few would give us a chance in this fixture just like few thought we'd stay in div2 let alone get promoted!

So ross county at home 1st leg.....And the cowdenbeath players produced their best performance of the season and showed they were really up for the challenge.....and the result was a 4-0 win for us which surprised even the manager!

I cant single out any players it was the TEAM that need to be singled out.

So we went into the second leg knowing we must not be complacent as ross county would throw the kitchen sink at us and they showed their intention with a 3 pronged attack and for the first 20mins we were really under the cosh and went 1-0 down after 12mins,we managed to weather the storm and equalise after half an hour,ross county did end up scoring twice more late on to gain a 3-1 win but WE were though!

And it was raith we would play in the final a team that had beaten us the 4 times out of 5 that i had previously played them but with another professional performance we secured a 2-0 victory.

we are going up,say we are going up

taymaz3ae.jpg

The Season finale can be summed up with this smilie icon_frown.gif or even better, this smilie :cuttingwrist:

We failed to win the league by 1 point as Albion held us to a draw, so we went into the playoffs as runners up and did very well against a tough alloa side in the semi final to go through (4-4) on away goals. We then faced Dumbarton in the final and it was heartbreak as we went from 1-0 up to 1-1 and a Dumbarton goal in extra time sealed our fate.

Clearly i had worked miracles with the team to get them from the lower end of the league to 2nd place however the previous manager was utterly hopeless and elft me with a crap team. Next season will be a walk through the park with the signings that have been made while SPL in 3 seasons straight is still on the cards icon_biggrin.gif

cooltext214497244xc.jpg

with 5 games to go it was anyones league Alloa lead the chase for promotion Ayr followed Forfar were just behind Ayr and Albion and Stranraer were still in the running

30.3.2013 3rd Division

the top 4 were all involved in fixtures against each other top of the table alloa on 58 pts were favourites to go up sitting on 58pts playing Forfar While Ayr on 57pts Forfar 56 and Albion Rvs on 55 Scott Fraser on the 26th min hit the goal he thought would lead Alloa to the 2nd Division only for I.Flannigan to take the game by the scruff of the neck and score 3 goals as the fans Tried to find out what was happening in the Albion rvs Ayr game which was running late both teams battling it out when news deiffted throught that the game was finnished The name of Paul Smiley echoed round the stadium

Alloa Station Park 3-1

Montrose Links park 1-2

a early goal gave Forfar hope but this was a bad day all round as both strikers left the park injured leaving forfar with a lack of strikers with 4 injured and the earlier transfers Montrose hit back only saving grace was teams ahead dint take the chance to extend there lead

sat 6.4.2013

Elgin Station Park 3-2

Ian Flannigan was the late hero scoring the winner in the 90th Min Forfar raced into a 2goal lead only to be pegged back with a doggy penalty and a last min equaliser but Forfars never say die attitude was needed as they went streight up the park and scored the winner

sat 13/4/2013

Ayr Station park 1-1

a fair result as forfar let Ayr back into the game Forfar should have been out of sight but nearly rude missed chances including a penalty Flannigan was the Forfar goalscorer but Ayr hit back keeping Ayr infront of Forfar although Alloa hit top spot

Sat 20/4/2013

Berwick Rangers Sheffield Park 3-2

with 4 Points seperating 3rd place Forfar from Alloa and 2 games to go Forfar knew anything less than 3 points would put them out of the running for a automatic spot Liam Buchanan was rushed back from injury and opened the scoring in the 6th min Templeman scored a soft goal to make it 1-1 after a mistake by brownlie Sutherland scored Forfars 2nd Before mclaren scored a penalty on the stroke of half time although he missed his 2nd penalty in 2 weeks in the 2nd half giving Berwick a chance to make Forfar panic for the last 20 mins of half after Berwick scored there 2nd goal

Sat 27/4/2013

its done it again the last game on the 27th's report appeared in between the date and result for the 1st game of the night

the last game should have read

27/4/2013

Alloa Station Park 3-1

the top 4 were all involved in fixtures against each other top of the table alloa on 58 pts were favourites to go up sitting on 58pts playing Forfar While Ayr on 57pts Forfar 56 and Albion Rvs on 55 Scott Fraser on the 26th min hit the goal he thought would lead Alloa to the 2nd Division only for I.Flannigan to take the game by the scruff of the neck and score 3 goals as the fans Tried to find out what was happening in the Albion rvs Ayr game which was running late both teams battling it out when news deiffted throught that the game was finnished The name of Paul Smiley echoed round the stadium

clanbanner2bp9wa.gif

The return of the awards voted for in mirc during summer months in game

Best Manager-

Best Newcomer-

Best Result vs AI-

Best Result vs Human Manager-

Best Signing-

Best Post-

Most sporting-

best patter in mirc-

Best improvement in a teams fortune

worst turnabout in a teams fortunes

Stranadamstranraer5jy.gif

Stranraer finished the season in disappointing fashion finishing 5th in the Bell's 3rd Divison which is an all time record low for the club. Manager Ad Kelly will be under pressure to improve the team and look at pushing for promotion next season.

It will be a long hard season ahead for Stranraer but with a few new faces Boss Ad Kelly is confident he can push his team into the play-off places.

In a short interview Ad Kelly wanted to praise Forfar Boss Richard Thomson for turning his side into Champions, when it looked like they had no chance of that when he took over just over a season ago.

polo7jd.gif

Thank everyone who voted for me in the awards.

The new season is underway and after getting hammered by Queens Park (cup) and Ross County (League) we have turned the corner with some great performances. League victories over Peterhead and Queens Park were backed up with a draw against QOS. In the cup we beat 1st division sides Morton and Stenhousemur to put us into the QF.

taymaz3ae.jpg

After signing the whole of the transfer market, Ayr United's squad amounts to 5 normal sized squads added together. A massive clearout is needed however more signings are also in the pipeline.

Some quality additions meant we started the season as EVENS favourite for the title and consequently a shambolic performance against Berwick which resulted in a 4-0 loss as the first match of the season.

This was blamed on the players not gelling yet and this seemed to be the case as Ayr progressed in the cup by beating Division 1 high flyers Inverness 3-2. A couple of good results in the league has also meant Ayr are in a good position icon_cool.gif The season as expected should be a breeze.

SPL IN 3 STRAIGHT SEASONS XXX

cooltext214497244xc.jpg

a disaster of a sesion for Forfar saw my cup jinx come to a end when i actually won a few ties in one competition in the one season reaching the bells cup semi where i went out in extra time vs a strong St Johnstone team but during this spell the team decided they were fed up picking up there win bonus league games points collected the same as the GB entry to the Euro vision last year0 pts collected i would give match reports but if i di i would prob be banned for foul and abusive language!

Archived