training young players

i have a Q?

how do u guys make the youngsters to be amazing like people show the stas of them when they are odler and good i mean alot of times in other fm my youngsters never got to the potentioal they were supposed to.

another Q?

when do u guys let the youngsters play ? i decided to let them play in league cup and english cup but i dont think they are good enough right now and i dont know when to let them play :S

i think that if i dont do it in the next season i will loose them

I allways reserve 1 or 2 spots (depending on how many promising kids i have and in the club instead off on loan) on my substitution list for promising players where i rotate my U18 players in and out (every 2,3 weeks another 1,2 players occupie that spot) that have no business of starting yet, just in case the match is all but decided after 60 minutes.

I don´t mean the 21 year old U21 international that isnt´t quite ready to start every game but rather a 17 year old youngster that normally plays in the youth or reserve team and gets called up for 2,3 weeks at a time.

Of course there will be a couple players more deserving of that spot, but with 3 substitutions possible out of 7 there is no need to have 7 ready-to-play guys.

What i do is identify "pairings" among my non-starters.

F.e. i have 2 midfielders right now in Jorgensen and Cani where i know that i´ll never sub in both at the same game due to their attributes and status, so i bench one and leave 1 home every game and rotate them accordingly, even though both would be in my best 18 normally in terms of their attributes.

The same at CB where i have Natali and Koldrup and do the same.

If you have a 2-position player starting that can play both DM and CB and starts at CB you don´t need a backup for both those positions but only for DM.

as for training and development, search the titles of the Training forum via the search engine with key words "youth" or "young" (or youngster, youths , you get the picture).

Archived