FM 10: Bayer 04 Leverkusen - Die Werkself

Dinu

Thx for the work, but there's a problem with this save as you can see lol.

I think i'll have to buy Angel, but he doesn't get me excited. :(

You'll find it hard to get excited over many LB's...

There aren't really many LB's out there who are sensational.

I've found sensational regen LB's but the only real great LB's at the start who you get excited about are players like Clichy and Cissokho but you can't even get them without paying huge...

Jose Angel is one of the best LB's on the game you'll find even if he doesn't look the full package.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You'll find it hard to get excited over many LB's...

There aren't really many LB's out there who are sensational.

I've found sensational regen LB's but the only real great LB's at the start who you get excited about are players like Clichy and Cissokho but you can't even get them without paying huge...

Jose Angel is one of the best LB's on the game you'll find even if he doesn't look the full package.

Bought him. Bierhoff (ass. manager) gives him 2.5 stars too, not too bad.

In my Standard Liège save i had two awesome newgens at RB and LB. Exactly what i don't have in this save :(

I'm getting £5million out of selling my 28 year old Kadlec.

;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------;

Here's the landmarks over my time at Leverkusen.

bayer04leverkusen5.png

And my hot prospects.

This kid has a 199 PA and it set to become the worlds best Right Back

3armintrehkopf.png

This kid went to Liverpool on loan last season for £500k and averaged 8.02 in 24 league games scoring 18 goals and getting 3 assists and 8 MoM awards so his future looks bright (So long as I sell Pato and make room for him in the squad)

14kelechiisa4.png

My scout in East Europe found an guy and gave him 4.5 stars. I'm curious, so I looked his PA in FMRTE. 200 lol.

Do you use Genie Scout or something like that? I used to use, but i'm controlling myself in this save. It's being hard.

Best prospect atm:

31141122.png

The 200PA guy:

93867472.png

5 per week, almost a slave lol.

Sinkiewicz hasn't liked Adler or my U19 captain (who has 3 star PA) since the first season, but nothings come of it yet...

This thread has made me feel really inadequate. I thought I was doing well finishing 3rd and 4th in my first two seasons, but seeing everyone winning everything in sight has made me feel a bit stupid. As has selling Derdiyok looking at what he's done for ArsenalFan7. :( But looking at his time at Valencia since I sold him, he's not exactly setting the world on fire.

One quick question, for those a few years in: is there any way to get a bigger stadium or expand the current one?

30,000 is way too small for my liking, yet the council won't let the team expand it. Looking at the picture in the first post, was it built for the World Cup in 06 (excuse the ignorance...).

How do you guys play Helmes?

I play him as lone striker Advanced Forward with low creativity, he's done 17 goals and 7 assists in 30 matches, but i think he can do more, because Amanatidis of Frankfurt has done 30 goals and 14 assists lol.

That's a nice tally you got going for Helmes there...

I sold him for £9.5million to Hoffenheim as he wasn't part of my plans though. He was a flop for them aswell, glad I sold him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~

Bender has developed well for me and he just scored an absaloute beauty against the rivals

4larsbender.png

[video=youtube;4PiA2GBA3y8]

Advanced Playmaker and sometimes I'll use him as deep-lying playmaker.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Got to replay that Koln match because the ****ing laptop froze on me and I had to restart it.

So now that Bender goal will never be known...

****ing stupid technology.

I bough Reinartz as backup for my Hoffenheim team in the first season, and he became a starting CB in season 2 :) He developed really well; so much so that he attracted interest from Arsenal and a few other big clubs at the start of season 3. I actually let him go to Arsenal for £7m as he would have become back up for me (it was a bit painful to sell him since I want to keep a German oriented squad) I can post a screenie if anyone's interested in his stats .

Decided to use a 18 year old tunisian regen for my left back problem. He had 4 solid performances there so I am satisfied and keep him there until I find a better one

One quick question, for those a few years in: is there any way to get a bigger stadium or expand the current one?

30,000 is way too small for my liking, yet the council won't let the team expand it. Looking at the picture in the first post, was it built for the World Cup in 06 (excuse the ignorance...).

By 2006 its capacity was 22000 or something like that they raised its capacity in the first half of 2009 to 30.000.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayarena

I'm glad that the board gives you a new one if you have success and the crowd to fill it :)

What's wrong with having two strikers on support roles?

Alexis Sanchez is fb, my favourite player on the game I think :thup:

It's unnatural to me.

I like having at least one on attack all the time.

But yeah, Alexis is a legend.

In 20 league games he has scored 11 and assisted 10, brilliant player. He's also got 3 assists in 1 game in the cup and a nice tally in Europe, averaging 7.92 overall :cool:...

It's pretty fb having your winger score that many

[video=youtube;lT7uYavY3Ws]

BTW, just eliminated Barcelona of UCL, 2-0 home and 3-2 away, gonna face Chelsea in the Final. I'm in the final of Pokal vs Nurmberg and won Bundesliga for the second time in a row.

See the other post :)

Bundesliga Table:

42398056.jpg

Thx for Helmes' 90+3 penalty goal in the last game.

Pokal Final: Humilhation.

11723616.jpg

UCL:

11723958.jpg

Another 2nd place. Special thanks to Renato Augusto, Drogba, Cech, Kolarov and, again, another injury after 3 subs.

MVP:

80871175.jpg

Helmes is a good penalty taker aswell.

Unfortunate that you lost on penalties, hopefully the fans are a little more sympathetic.

You had a good season though.

Edit:

I've been busy in the transfer market this season, the january transfer window closed 2 weeks back. Although I still have £36million in my budget left.

I also have Daniel Schwaab leaving to Valencia for £13.5million (unneeded, good price for him) and i'm also set to sell Reinartz after his abysmal performances as of late

I finally found a LB better than Gibbs but as a LB he obviously costed alot. And he just scored a 91st minute equaliser against Werder Bremen (:cool:)

bayer04leverkusen7.png

The table is tight though and my team aren't turning up for some games this season, so I've no clue who looks likely to win the bundesliga.

germanfirstdivision5.png

We're nearing 100 posts for this thread finally :cool:

You'll recieve your budget for the success in your previous season I would imagine, if they're as generous as they are to me the board will give you a hefty transfer budget.

Got my upcoming round of 16 match against inter in the champions league next, Derdiyok is banned for this match though after he was given a two match ban in the groupstages for a late tackle, I get him back for the next leg though..

Hopefully I luckily beat every big name on the route to the final like I did last year and somehow magically win the cup again...

My wonderkid Jonas Meier just walked around the inter defence in the box and tapped the ball in, it was a magical goal.

Unlucky about ur budget though, if you had won the champions league though I'm certain you could have had that budget upped by at least £6million

Why are both your strikers on support roles :confused:

And how did you manage to buy Zhirkov

Just playing around with the striker roles as I am still not satisfied with what they are doing up front.

Got a message that Atletico made a 11m bid for Zhirkov and decided to give it a shot, offered him a bit more than he asked for and he accepted :)

Looking at that, the first thing that jumps out is that Edin Dzeko is a monster. And that if I'd only persisted with Derdiyok I could have saved a lot of money and hassle finding a replacement. :(

Anyway, had a change of tictacs, this time to this, which even I thought would be way too offensive.

bayer04leverkusent.png

Incredibly however, it led to this (from Dortmund onwards)

bayer04leverkusen2.png

The most amazing thing about that run of wins? Look at the goals against: 1,0,0,0,0,0. Mental.

[sidenote: The Werder Bremen result came about thanks to a complete dearth of full backs (injuries and suspensions took out all 4), leaving me to play 3-4-3. Which worked wonders in the UEFA Cup with Toloi as a sweeper, but with him also suspended it didn't go quite so well in the league (although I still only conceded once incredibly, and had a lot of attempts on goal).]

As you can see from their form, Hulk, Blanco and Albin have come alive in the formation. I've got them swapping positions with each other: Blanco with Albin, Albin with Hulk and Hulk with Blanco to keep them totally fluid. The two wide guys are inside forwards with Hulk as an advanced forward.

The midfield triangle is an anchor man (Vidal) holding the show together, a box-to-box midfielder (Rolfes provides support at both ends, arriving late in the box for a few goals as intended) and an advanced playmaker (Bender). Bender's stamina isn't up to much so he tends to get swapped for Augusto during games.

The defence is two automatic wing-backs, a stopper (Sinkiewicz) and a cover defender (Toloi) with a sweeper keeper behind. With Toloi's reading of the game the defence works wonders, and the full backs mostly stay back (they're not really needed up front) but occasionally get in on the attack. Adler is, of course, amazing. And constantly wanting to leave. But in 2.5 years, not one team has even made an enquiry about him.

All of that has left me second in the league at the Xmas break, 1 point behind ... FC Koln, of all teams, who thoroughly beat me 1-0 earlier in the year.

Archived